Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project X Zone 2

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

Project X Zone 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Aren't those in most games anyway?

Not sure why I have to pick shit though.

I don't think this kind of game needs flagships in it, not every, it already has brands and franchise names stamped on the cover, I'd rather have some actually intuitive characters in it, and not an overload of generic characters from well known shit. I don't see the need of so many fighter game characters in it, besides making the game look dull when it's not supposed to be a This X That fighter, or at least, pick some of the Soul games, since those aren't just fisting people and their design actually sets them apart from the other 3 games.
This is when characters from games like PSO and SRW/Endless Frontier start looking great. They offer a much broader variety of styles.
And if anything, certain obscure/older titles in a game like this, which already sells by itself, are actually a good thing when they are in VC and the like already.

It would be great if this time they changed the Valkyria Chronicles characters to people like Alicia and/or Edy, if they even add any. And yes, Edy, after all, it was her that got people pumped enough for Sega to make DLC all about her.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:22 am

>Says having popular characters is shit
>Suggests Soul Calibur

... dude, what?! XD

With that said, yes, as I've also suggested, Soul Calibur representation would be nice.

>Wants diversity in fighting styles
>Claiming that martial arts have no diversity

... dude... WHAT?! XD

I don't know what's your issue with brawlers, specially after so many of them were in NamcoXCapcom. More than in Project X Zone, in fact (not by too much, but still). In fact, there are more people in PxZ using guns than fighting with their bare hands, if you actually go out and start counting them.
Back to top Go down
http://fontesmakua.deviantart.com
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:56 am

>Soul Calibur being as popular

Wat.

>martial arts in fighter games

Wat.

Problem isn't the brawlers, it's them being all the generic ones. Add Captain commando, it has fisting, it doesn't have pretending to do martial arts.
"Guns" actually is broader than fisting (even more when they are only using the popular characters, when those fisting games have better characters, but yeah, they are not the poster boys, so not worth a cent). If it wasn't for the spinning kicks and fireballs, some moves would look almost the same, because there's barely any martial arts when it comes to those fighting games (you call the brawlers, that says a lot).

Though holy shit dude, you nitpick a lot for not being overly specific and take it all to extremes that aren't there (how fitting). It can have some popular characters, just doesn't need the whole fucking game to be about that.

Captain commando isn't a fighting game though, it's a side scroller beat 'em up, which by itself is some variety. The characters aren't generic "martial artist" No. 1, generic "martial artist" No. 2, generic "martial artist" No. 3, generic "martial artist" No. 4. Final Fight has that problem, characters are too generic looking by now. There's the generic brawler guy, the generic martial artist guy and Zangief's American brother.
Soul games are much less generic than the other fighters, maybe why it's not so popular.
Tekken having Jin and Kazuya as a pair is rather laughable, since they are almost a clone except, oh, plot. But seems like they pull Devil so they don't end up having 2 characters using all the same moves a the same time.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 1:50 am

True, while I normally don't give a shit about Tekken (most overrated fighting game franchise, IMO), I liked how they had Jin paired with Xiaoyu for some diversity. Now, they're probably pairing Jin with his dad to do something similar to Ryu and Ken, I dunno. Maybe it's like:

- Dante is now paired with Virgil;
- Dimitri maybe gets paired with Morrigan;
- Chun-Li maybe gets paired with Ryu (to mirror their debut in SF5);
- Ken is either thrown out, or turned into a Support;
- Jin and Kazuya are the new "Ryu and Ken twins" of the game;
- Xiaoyu goes out the window, gets paired with someone else or becomes a Support.

I know, it's a stretch. Now, Ryu and Ken, if I remember correctly, were the only ones with similar moves to the extent that they have, which kinda gave off a neat feel of a perfectly synchronized duo, more so than the rest. I'm just trying to think of why would they do it, rather than immediately jump to "bullshit!!!" reactions.

And I call 'em brawlers because "martial artists" gets tiring after a while. Razz

As for only having a few popular characters, that's unfortunately an impossible goal. Think about it. To start off, we got not two, but THREE companies contributing to the crossover. Each of them will want to stand out, not only as a company, but through each product they wanna see represented. Also, this project was a risky one. It's a kind of game that, on it's own, is pretty niche. Going through all the licensing deals and working together to make a game, only to see it flop... isn't fun.

So what's the solution? Focus on popular characters to boosts chances. Like it or not, it's the smartest decision. I don't like some of the characters they picked, but at least I can understand why they did it (except for Neneko, wtf Namco?! WHY?!). With PxZ2 probably having a bigger roster since they feel safer about a financial success, they may have more space for a more diverse roster. Keep in mind, the first game was most likely to test the waters.

For example, imagine if the very first Smash Bros had this roster:

- Fox
- Captain Falcon
- Pikachu
- Ness
- Wario
- Samus
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Tingle
- Jigglypuff
- Kirby

... you REALLY think the game would've been as successful?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:05 pm

Smash Bros started as Nintendo only, and it had Nintendo stuff, and Nintendo has to put in Mario.
No brainer, mentioning that as an argument sounds just as offensive.

The game was successful already, the game can move on to different franchises. But from the looks of it, they are doubling their already existing franchises and only adding a pitiful amount of new ones (Tales doesn't count, and 2 of the new entries only counts as a single character).

And you just said that it's fine for a game to be shit as long as it has popular characters, well, not surprising because that's how the industry goes this days. Popular characters? Check. Good graphics? Check. Gameplay? Oh, we don't need to care about that! The game will sell by it's name, graphics and pre existing popularity!
No wonder games from those 3 companies this days are so, fucking, shit.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 5:05 pm

I never said it was ok for the gameplay to be shit (it never is), don't be putting words in my mouth. I said it wasn't PxZ's top priority, which is something else entirely.

With that said, I personally find PxZ to certainly be at least above average for an SRPG. And I personally like it's combo-ing better than Endless Frontier (which has a smaller roster both gameplay-wise and story-wise). I have no reference of EF Exceed, but that one's stuck in Japan anyway.

Lemme guess... you're just bitter that whoever you were expecting to see didn't make the cut, ain't ye? Razz
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 5:34 pm

So you don't like "putting words in your mouth"? Guess it doesn't go both ways.

Endless Frontier is actually a pretty different game besides the combat being alike, the rooster had to be smaller.

And you couldn't be any more wrong. Razz

In all simplicity:
"Their rooster isn't getting any better. D;
Doesn't really get close to Namco X Capcom."

Don't think so? Not that I give a shit about it. I'm not sure where your bitterness comes from to go further than that.
That whole "who do you pick" was salty as fuck, and it only got saltier when I avoided the shitty salt.

I do think that most of their new entries so far aren't really that great or justified except for "uuu~ UUU~ we have that franchise. UUU~ we making new game with that character".
Shinobi is nice and all, but feels like it's only there to pair with Strider because gotta put up ninjas together so they can headbash people against the ground together, because Sega bombed Shinobi into oblivion (and funny how they are using the PS2 design, but that's probably the less generic design they can pick).

Last edited by God is a Cat Girl on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
uiso
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
uiso

PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 6:06 pm

People be throwing shit at each other in here.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:12 pm

Well, I'm fine with PxZ's roster, while you seem to prefer NxC's. It all seems to boil down do personal preference (as I've already said, each roster has it's own strong points), and discussing it any further doesn't appear to be productive in any way.

At this point there's lil' more to do than to wait for new character trailers. What we currently have is barely a trailer at all, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project X Zone 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2