Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

Male Posts : 163

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 1:40 pm

@Winty wrote:
http://puu.sh/h5pLq/46d84e4334.png

Those weapons both give +20hp. Maybe you can't remember what it's like being low rank but you don't get shit for mats and you are always really poor, so while it would be stupid to have those on a tuned robot it's not totally unreasonable for low rank people to use them as mega pompons.
Back to top Go down
snakegourd
snakegourd

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 1:53 pm

Those weapones cost a lot still. Maybe u cannot remember that 6 sided objet ranked is not exactly new palayer(have u been crown so long u cannot recognice low rank???) so while it is unreasonable to have those weapons surely you remember all these campaign where people get-ed lots of mats from cubes and simply rolling all that uc in super uc gara. I guess that is really what 'great' players amount to in this video game.
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
His smile and optimism : gone.

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:02 pm

@bippusuta wrote:
@Winty wrote:

Those weapons both give +20hp. Maybe you can't remember what it's like being low rank but you don't get shit for mats and you are always really poor, so while it would be stupid to have those on a tuned robot it's not totally unreasonable for low rank people to use them as mega pompons.

I know that feel, sometimes I use Wing Plus AMJs in some untuned airs...

Last edited by Maelstrom on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:13 pm

Actually I have fairly recently been playing a new account up to around hexagon, and without transferring mats or uc you have almost fucking nothing by then. A lot of the UC from the campaigns goes into buying level limit removers, uc->rt, drives, various shop robots, etc etc. Using those weapons is completely reasonable just to get some stats because it's so much easier to level up your robots now than it is to tune them.

If I used all my campaign mats to tune 1 thing and can't afford to tune sunny too I'd sure as hell rather get 20hp than 1wlk to tide myself over until I can do some real tunes.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5575

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Um. Did you guys forget how hard it is to actually finish this event, while having barely any tuned bots or even leveled to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Wanted to sleep but stuck doing friend's cards. Send help.
Back to top Go down
YukiZero
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
YukiZero

Male Posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:43 pm

ı dont know what evil halberd gives but its for stats lol ı do it all the time like putting pump zook on my sunny BECAUSE ı dont have tuned handhelds,
Back to top Go down
YukiZero
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
YukiZero

Male Posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:45 pm

@Sakura1 wrote:
Um. Did you guys forget how hard it is to actually finish this event, while having barely any tuned bots or even leveled to begin with.
completed event on my 3 accs with only 1 tuned robo with prots/harmoınics from past events`what ı am saying is you can at least tune like 3 robos with harmonics/prots from past events.
Back to top Go down
snakegourd
snakegourd

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Actually I too have been playing several accounts to at least steel hero and while I didn't have fully extuned bots with everything by then which seemingly every elitist hipster(like u) needs I did have usable robots(valiant, theia, something) through the readily avaible tickets and I could farm together enough cards. I also did several haku runs which netted me money what with the 3xuc event and tickets readily avaiable. So having 'next to nothing' at hexagon rank is surely an overstatement because just doing arena alone I got 400k uc.
It is noble of you to try and defend some kind of player but I assure you hexagon or whatever it is is by no means low rank. 20 extra hp can also be gained by tuning pompoms with +1 hp tunes or life tunes, the mats of which are readily avaiable. Even pompoms are quite common, at least compared what the person in the screenshot was holding. But if you want to defend that person when he didn't ask you to and you don't really know his intention in outfitting his robot that way you come across as slightly patronizing. But feeling good about yourself and discrediting the guy who only posted one screenshot with no caption whatsoever is surely what it means to play video games. After all it is all about you, the gamer. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
GasaiYunoº
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
GasaiYunoº

Male Posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 3:15 pm

recently i've been playing a lot with vestia and now i seem to be liking her a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1859

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Regardless of rank, you can't actually tell whether he/she is a well-seasoned player from a single SS. See how he/she play the bot and judge from that.

Also, why don't you just ask him/her directly? owob
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:01 pm

@snakegourd wrote:
every elitist hipster(like u)

@snakegourd wrote:
After all it is all about you, the gamer. Congratulations!

why you gotta bully bippu for

Also,
@snakegourd wrote:
did have usable robots(valiant, theia, something) through the readily avaible tickets

"my prebuilt bots whose typing as a whole do not suffer from lack of tunes as strongly as untuned melees do I obtained from a completely chance-based rolling system do just fine : ))"

Trying to go into a discussion about newbies in this day and age is pretty volatile, as at this point, alt accounts are common and rank is more or less an indicator of how long the account itself has been around and nothing more.

As far as actual new players are concerned, while campaigns have been frequent as of late, what one gets from them and how far into the campaigns they are able to even progress is largely chance based. A newbie who rolls blue balls and gets bots not able to perform well straight out of the box would be at a disadvantage versus say, newbies who roll bots with higher base stats or ones who are able to perform decently well from level 0.

That isn't even delving into the fact that players on alts will actually know how to use their bots to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:18 pm

stop doing alts!
Back to top Go down
snakegourd
snakegourd

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:21 pm

sorry if im mean my doctor says im slightly autistic ;((.

The word alt meaning alternate account does kinda implacate that that player knows how to use their bot cause he has a main one Sad
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7874

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:25 pm

I will only ever use one alt, and that's mostly for stuff like "What COULD have I gotten?" and "If I DID get that, how does it play? Oh cool. That was fun, back to my main"
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:41 pm

@bippusuta wrote:
@Winty wrote:

both give +20hp but one of them is 80 cost, which actually is unreasonable. I've been low rank twice, and while there were times I made decisions that weren't completely optimal(and I still don't) I never actually made the choice of making my unit cost 80 more BP in order to get 20 more HP. These days new players have it a lot better off than I did the first time, which was a time when pompoms were a lot more rare and UC and tuning materials were a lot more scarce than they are these days. You could say that given the state of the game, I was far more poor than a new player today ever could be.

It's shit.
even if he is "poor" it's still shit. Maybe if he had two forks I could say maybe I didn't consider that but we're talking a lance, here, which is a different story. I mean we can just do the math and see that no, this was not made with the kind of thought you are implying, this was most like "oh no I have to put things in her hands" because he gave her an amore lance.

I wonder why you can't be this open-minded in terms of considering other options when it comes to actually playing the game, though.
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Do you often lose games by 80 or less bp? Because that is the only time where the extra cost matters. It's shit but there's clearly a reason why someone would do this, if you have a leveled but untuned sunny with no tuned handhelds and no mats to do tunes on her sitting at ~400hp the +40hp is very nice.

I'm open minded considering real life limitations. Not everyone has the ability to do everything in this game. Would I ever use these for hp in a real build? No. But is it bad to use them as a placeholder if you don't have anything better? Not really. I've seen other people criticize players for using these before too and I don't think it's really that bad at all for lower rank players just as a temporary thing or for trying out something untuned etc.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

Male Posts : 2425

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:54 pm

@GasaiYunoº wrote:
recently i've been playing a lot with vestia and now i seem to be liking her a lot Smile

What's not to like about her? #em3
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:03 pm

Quote :
Do you often lose games by 80 or less bp? Because that is the only time where the extra cost matters.

Is this your math?
it's 80cost, not 80bp. BP is cost under multipliers. It can be more or less depending on his standing at the time of death. If he dies multiple times(likely, considering we are assuming he's playing untuned units) then it's more than 80 even without multipliers.
it doesn't matter which team wins or loses. I don't see why you pose the question so aggressively when I'm not arguing my own matches.
No, for low level players cost matters in other areas. Such as the card event which is still going on. Considering real-life limitations, there's a possibility he's still trying for cards, in which case the cost actually does matter, especially with multipliers being taken into account. Adding 130 cost to a unit is not very conductive to staying under the cost threshold for scoring.

Quote :
But is it bad to use them as a placeholder if you don't have anything better?

+8 stats from +1 tuned statsticks would be more effective than 40hp for 130 cost. Unless that's just impossible resource intensive for a hex+3.
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:52 pm

How much this person ends up costing and if the cost wasted on these weapons makes or breaks the ticket cost limit isn't really something either of us can determine. The wasted cost will very, very rarely have any real impact on a person losing the game.

There are 100% success rate tunes for stats. Getting a reasonable movement stat through +1 tunes isn't too hard. There aren't 100% success hp tunes. If you truly can't afford to do real tunes on a bot and just want stats, 20hp is worth much more than +1 whatever because you can just spam +1 tunes. If they have the capacity to use those things and want to I don't see any reason I or anyone else should care to criticize them as long as they aren't gonna go post their sweet forks sunny build as ideal.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 10:02 pm

again, the problem is the lance, not the fork, as pointed out. hookedonphonics.com
getting a reasonable movement stat through +1 tunes isn't hard but if you place said +1 tunes in the actual bot you'll have to junk and relevel later because we're talking about poor players here who don't have tons of alpha regrets to undo such actions so he's basically sacrificing movement for HP in this case which isn't a good tradeoff to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Samui
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Samui

Male Posts : 826

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:53 am

@Kuzuha wrote:
@GasaiYunoº wrote:

What's not to like about her? #em3

Vestia is dabes!!
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

Male Posts : 1590

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 1:20 am

WIP:

A new baby to design
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1859

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:40 am

Gratzie Omega owob

moar berg players Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:53 am

I failed...

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 AXdQViS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forums hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com