Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Closed beta test schedule (updated)

Go down 
+42
Fontes
God is a Cat Girl
Mew
Astral_Dono
Priskern
Maelstrom
Reia
otakuchama
That_Wiesel_Guy
Relict?
Arti
YukiZero
xakome
VeryMelon
Tashunu
Lazgrane
BARILLIAN
WiFi
Frizz
GasaiYunoº
Magna.Zero
fggt
Garmraid
Kuzuha
uiso
RoflWaffle
Feign
rei_hunter
アゼム
TrieDaEsprit
VietPho
Tuskin
JinNJuice
HashiriyaR32
Winty
Turkeysaur
Sakura1
Stickboy
AlkaidStar
+RedCobra+
ziix
MrCake
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Male Posts : 104

Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:42 am

otakuchama wrote:
An emulated GPU will never be comparable to a physical GPU, he could just buy a new gpu. I mean, my i7 4770k is good but, Intel 4000 HD graphics is shit. Thus, I have a gtx760.
I'm happy that poorfags are unable to play the game. I mean, most of players with shitty PCs have shitty connections , which means , less lag for us all. That's positive right? Damn sure it is.
Bye bye Indos, byebye huehues, byebye chin chons.

Yes and no. While true that a dedicated GPU of the same series will always be better, the chip that comes with those GPUs is actually quite serviceable (mine is a HD 7660D, I can run Skyrim on max with that thing). At the very least far better than Intel's integrated chips and most low-end dedicated cards. As for the CPUs themselves, they're no i7s, but who needs those anyway.

As for the "poorfags", it depends. Here in Portugal you can get a TV+50Mb Net+Phone combo for about $30. So saying one with a shitty PC automatically has a shitty connection, and vice-versa, can be a fallacy.

Regardless, the game will surely run like shit for everyone, anyway. XD
Back to top Go down
http://fontesmakua.deviantart.com
Reia
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reia

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:03 am

Priskern wrote:
Reia wrote:
Tbh I was about to make my rig more overkill. And do the following changes before Im forced to Rt CB2.

i5 3570 > i7 4770
GTX 650 > GTX 970 (I want the GTX 780 Ti, but in Argentina importing is cut and the only local decent manufacturer sells it INSANELY OVERPRICED!)
RAM 16 GB DDR3 1600 > 16 GB 2400

For some reason I think like not even this changes will stop Cosmic Break 2 and their faulty jre from stucking and slowing down lol.

Spoiler:
Err hi....why do the specs you listed looks so familiar :V?

Does CB2 still runs bad? _(:3
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:09 am

this shit engine is still going to kill the game...
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:16 am

well i got no problem at all with the game other then the server side errors.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:16 am

So, those system requirements for CB2...

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=91&game=Crysis&p_make=Intel&p_deriv=Core+i3-2100+3.1GHz&gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+GTS+450+Asus+DirectCU+1GB+Edition&ram=4&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements

Like... WOOOOOOOOOOOOW... You LITTERALLY need a PC capable of Crysis for that thing! And Crysis 1 is already a mess in optimization! XD
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:09 pm

Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 JvTUUtY

You guys are comparing games that were made 5+ years ago (In Fontes' case, 8 years ago). Compare it to other modern (2010+) games, say, Tera.

Tera sys. requirements:
Tera Graphics:
Tera Gameplay Video:
>Minimum TWO gb ram. Same operating systems. Look at the lighting. Delicious.

---

Or War Thunder:

War Thunder specs:
War Thunder graphics:
War Thunder Gameplay Video:
>>>MINIMUM ONE GIGABYTE OF RAM. FOR THIS<<<

---

Or how about something that almost everyone plays, Team Fortress 2?
Requirements for TF2:
Even if we weren't comparing to these games, almost any standard post-2010 game requires average of 8gb ram for similar/better graphics to Cosmic Break 2.

Honestly speaking guys, CB2 needing 4GB for RAM isn't that big of a deal. Needing a graphics card that can be used for 2005 PC games isn't hard. The 3 systems it can be used with are the most common systems out right now and what almost every game asks for. The core system requirements are still common again.

Oh there's also this.
[1:02:51 PM] Literal Actual Satan, the Devil, Lord of the Underworld: >Like... WOOOOOOOOOOOOW... You LITTERALLY need a PC capable of Crysis for that thing! And Crysis 1 is already a mess in optimization! XD
[1:03:07 PM] Literal Actual Satan, the Devil, Lord of the Underworld: WOOOOOOOW YOU NEED TO MEET THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS OF A GAME THAT'S EIGHT FUCKING YEARS OLD

So
tl;dr - Complaining about the requirements being too much is a bad thing to do. They're not that high and you should be able to run it without even meeting the requirements. If you can't run the game, have you considered it might be something else besides the system requirements?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:44 pm

Fontes wrote:
otakuchama wrote:
An emulated GPU will never be comparable to a physical GPU, he could just buy a new gpu. I mean, my i7 4770k is good but, Intel 4000 HD graphics is shit. Thus, I have a gtx760.
I'm happy that poorfags are unable to play the game. I mean, most of players with shitty PCs have shitty connections , which means , less lag for us all. That's positive right? Damn sure it is.
Bye bye Indos, byebye huehues, byebye chin chons.

Yes and no. While true that a dedicated GPU of the same series will always be better, the chip that comes with those GPUs is actually quite serviceable (mine is a HD 7660D, I can run Skyrim on max with that thing). At the very least far better than Intel's integrated chips and most low-end dedicated cards. As for the CPUs themselves, they're no i7s, but who needs those anyway.

As for the "poorfags", it depends. Here in Portugal you can get a TV+50Mb Net+Phone combo for about $30. So saying one with a shitty PC automatically has a shitty connection, and vice-versa, can be a fallacy.

Regardless, the game will surely run like shit for everyone, anyway. XD

Vodafone?

The funny thing is that I know a bunch of poorfags that barely have any money to live, and they go get TV by Meo or Nos, which is more expensive than that, because for some reason they can't live with 4 channels (but they can live without food I guess?).
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 1:13 pm

That's exactly the point I'm making, which I believe to still be standing. CB2 looks incredibly sub-par by the standards of 5 years ago, or even further back! Like Team Fortress 2 (a late 2007 title... just like Crysis), as already mentioned. It's a matter of bang for your buck, mostly.

I just picked on Crysis because... it's fuckin' Crysis. And be glad I didn't pick TES4: Oblivion! XD

Besides, modern games actually NEEDING that much RAM... there's the whole thing of CoD: Ghosts supposedly needing 6GB, but turns out that when cracked, it runs on an XP machine with 3GB just fine. [speculation]So for all we know, most of those "requirements" are arbitrary to force most people to either upgrade their machines... or to buy a PS4 or X-Bone.[/speculation] So I really wouldn't trust most AAA system requirements, nowadays.

On CB2, we know it's genuine... because regardless of how strong a PC you got, you'll always get hickups here and there.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Vodafone?

The funny thing is that I know a bunch of poorfags that barely have any money to live, and they go get TV by Meo or Nos, which is more expensive than that, because for some reason they can't live with 4 channels (but they can live without food I guess?).

Yep. Biggest bang for your buck, currently. In my case I actually NEED an internet connection for work, so I'd be screwed if I had to pick NOS or MEO.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 1:24 pm

GasaiYunoº wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:
GasaiYunoº wrote:
next time i log in ill probably try to move some settings to see if i can play better on my pc

what is your pc specs?

my pc specs are similar to the Frizz pc specs, but with -2gb RAM

mine is:
amd athlon(tm) ii x2 260 processor 3.20 ghz
ram 4gb
nvidia geforce 210 1gb ddr3

Oh we're sharing specs now?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10459052_817882181587653_9166858372461185962_o.jpg

:v
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Fontes wrote:
That's exactly the point I'm making, which I believe to still be standing. CB2 looks incredibly sub-par by the standards of 5 years ago, or even further back! Like Team Fortress 2 (a late 2007 title... just like Crysis), as already mentioned. It's a matter of bang for your buck, mostly.

I just picked on Crysis because... it's fuckin' Crysis. And be glad I didn't pick TES4: Oblivion! XD

Besides, modern games actually NEEDING that much RAM... there's the whole thing of CoD: Ghosts supposedly needing 6GB, but turns out that when cracked, it runs on an XP machine with 3GB just fine. [speculation]So for all we know, most of those "requirements" are arbitrary to force most people to either upgrade their machines... or to buy a PS4 or X-Bone.[/speculation] So I really wouldn't trust most AAA system requirements, nowadays.

On CB2, we know it's genuine... because regardless of how strong a PC you got, you'll always get hickups here and there.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Vodafone?

Yep. Biggest bang for your buck, currently. In my case I actually NEED an internet connection for work, so I'd be screwed if I had to pick NOS or MEO.

Is Vodafone any good though? Not even sure how they work now. At first they used the mobile network I think, which wasn't, great. But then, Nos have this stupid network that re-routes the connection to silly places instead of the closest infrastructure, which makes you have pretty shitty ping for online gaming when that happens.

Those TF2 specs look really outdated, but still, yeah, it doesn't need CB2 specs. Tera online actually has an amazing draw distance for the map itself (not characters/NPC/Mobs), when I first played I was just, Wat. Funny thing is how it looks so good, and runs better than CB(1).
I think that Tera had some issues on the reaper class release, where people would have their frame rate drop to shit when a reaper used skills near them, but I think part of the issue might have been the patch not really making the files ready to use, because the graphical lag, for the most part, only happened the first times the skills were used, after that, even if you closed and opened the game again, the frame rate drop wouldn't happen again.
War Thunder also has amazing graphics for it's low Specs, and the game seems to be optimized in a way that frame rate drops doesn't make the game look clunky. (You can play a game at 30FPS just fine, while other games at that rate will lag all over the place and make it really hard to play.)
The major problem is how CS continues to use Java and the same shitty engine. If you look at the game files and folder structure, it's even the same as CB, except there's a couple files that say Cosmicbreak2.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 5:58 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Is Vodafone any good though? Not even sure how they work now. At first they used the mobile network I think, which wasn't, great. But then, Nos have this stupid network that re-routes the connection to silly places instead of the closest infrastructure, which makes you have pretty shitty ping for online gaming when that happens.

Been using their 24mb ADSL service for over a year, and recently upgraded to their fiber service, 50mb. And I'm paying the exact same amount! As for the service itself, the ADSL had it's occasional hickups, but overall the service is pretty good for what you pay for.

Any further questions about it, better send a PM, ok?
[/offtopic]
Back to top Go down
PandaRehab
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
PandaRehab

Male Posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 2:21 am

Man I feel so bad for you guys down there. This game requires a rig that could've been built 5 years ago for 700$ and you guys exploding like it requires the latest in scientific advancement. I understand this game has shitty optimization, but damn.. you guys make me feel so privileged to have just upgrade from 450GTS to a 750GTX Ti.
Back to top Go down
GasaiYunoº
Abbey Explodes
Abbey Explodes

Male Posts : 644

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 3:03 am

i never thought of upgrading my pc until recently because the other games i played were running fine on my pc (like fallout 3 or hyperdimenson neptunia rebirth)

edit: yay got the game to work better by changing some settings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

Male Posts : 1147

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 8:11 am

The game's pushing my card to 100% usage even on lowest settings, it's pretty hilarious.
Back to top Go down
uiso
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
uiso

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 8:43 am

https://imgur.com/qH4COYh

I have no clue what I'm supposed to do after you hit esc in the tutorial. If I'm supposed to click somewhere then that seems impossible since my cursor gets locked into the center of the screen and pressing esc again doesn't do anything. I'm still in control of my character and can send messages.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:26 am

uiso, press f3
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
uiso
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
uiso

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:35 am

rei_hunter wrote:
uiso, press f3
It doesn't work.... I've tried pressing most if not all of the buttons and the only thing it responds to is the combat keys and chat.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 am

That's actually a bug. You can fix it by relogging.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 11:00 am

PandaRehab wrote:
This game requires a rig that could've been built 5 years ago for 700$ and you guys exploding like it requires the latest in scientific advancement.

Well, many people unfortunately don't have $700 to just throw around.

The biggest issue really is that the game is so badly optimized that it'll never run flawlessly, no matter what rig you got. The same way that while playing Quest Mode, my client sometimes FREEZES for a couple seconds just because a mob is spawning near me. And that's CB1.

And nevermind $700, nowadays you can have something workable for way less. Like:

Quote :

CPU+GPU: http://www.amazon.com/AMD-A10-5800K-3-8Ghz-Processor-AD580KWOHJBOX/dp/B0095VP8D4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427470378&sr=8-2&keywords=amd+a10

Mobo: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-A78M-E35-Bolton-Micro-Motherboard/dp/B00HGLX8J6/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1427470521&sr=1-2&keywords=FM2

RAM: http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-HyperX-FURY-2x4GB-1600MHz/dp/B00J8E93G6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1427470575&sr=8-3&keywords=ddr3

HDD (SSDs are costly, so fuck 'em): http://www.amazon.com/Green-1TB-Desktop-Hard-Drive/dp/B006GDVREI/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1427470612&sr=1-2&keywords=HDD

Power Supply: http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-BRONZE-Power-Protection/dp/B0035Q4RPK/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1427470683&sr=1-2&keywords=power+supply

Case: http://www.amazon.com/Computer-CS1-1398-PRO-Interior-Optionals/dp/B00MHWVWDS/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1427470948&sr=8-18&keywords=desktop+case+tower

Keyboard and mouse: http://www.amazon.com/Redragon-S101-Gaming-Keyboard-CENTROPHORUS/dp/B00NLZUM36/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1427471527&sr=8-8&keywords=keyboard

1080p Monitor: http://www.amazon.com/Acer-S220HQL-Abd-21-5-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B005LJWJSG/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1427471579&sr=1-2&keywords=monitor

Grand total of, give or take, $500. Sure, you need a Windows license, but let's be realistic, we all know many will resort to other "options". You won't exactly be running Assassin's Creed Unity on max settings (neither on minimum, most likely), but it should run CB2 and all other less-demanding games listed throughout this thread. Later down the road you can get an AMD R7 GPU if you feel you need some extra power.
Back to top Go down
udon-GE
[Donator]
[Donator]
udon-GE

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 3:48 am

My Surface Pro 3 i5 can play CB2 with stock setting set up by the installer/client it self. Still playable with the current arena graphic intensity.
Back to top Go down
kaito
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:56 am

Not sure if expressing my opinion or suggestion here will help. still, i want to express it out a litter. I am not saying anything bad. just my thought.

my thought on the current CB2 (testing) ,

Room matching:
- this current system is pretty bad in my opinion, it pretty much lower the competitiveness of the game as you can't pick the room you want to be in or want to play with specific player.

- you cannot play the same arena match with your friend. you can't enjoy your fun game with your friends. => if others got lucky and in a team with a friend, they will most likely work in sync and gang bang someone.

- matching system is always bad, cause this time player cannot seek to balance the match by choosing which team they can be in. If your team is bad, you are almost certain to lose.

- matching system often cause 6 vs 3 or 5 vs 7 for the worse i see. often is e.g 6 vs 5 or 4 .

as time pass, people is likely to not play properly, more suicide is likely to happen. => lead to losing more player. can take WoT sea as example, a lot of player have left cause "boring" or " the game is fine, well just want to move on"
^ therefore, is silly.

----------------

my suggestion is,

- use back CB 1 room system.
- Add features of balancing the player on both side by :
                     -  if the current match is 4 vs 6 => rng placement to  5 vs 5 at the last 10
                         second(s)
                        4 vs 7 = 5 vs 6 / 6 vs 5 (last player is rng place on either team)

------------------------

As for whether to locking the room or not when the match start,

in my point of view, i do not see that as a problem. in fact, i think the certain player can know just by the displaying of number of player in the room. is stated clearly.

since the problem of Odd number of both team can never make sure it to be always 100% Even.

but if majority want it to be lock, is not my business than.

===============================

@Reason i post it here :

=> because i have no way of suggesting right now to the Dev. so who knows, if you want to pass this idea to them or so.

Have a good time.

Last edited by kaito on Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lReisenl
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
lReisenl

Male Posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:59 am

There's actually a group system that lets you play with your friends.

also iirc rooms are capped at 7 per team, so 5v8 isn't possible.
Back to top Go down
kaito
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 3:47 am

sorry to mention , the keyword " vs" is an example.

there are 2 vs 5. and that is for real. 3 vs 5 do appear as well.

btw, am not sure about the group system, didn't manage to find it.
do you have any Screen shot for guidance?

thank you for the guidance and correction
Back to top Go down
lReisenl
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
lReisenl

Male Posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 4:10 am

I'm not 100% about this, but i think you click on the option with the + sign on the top right of the "people list", enter the name you want for your group.

Then just click around your friends name and you'll eventually add him into the group.

From there just go to your group, right click the group name and select the first option, your name should turn orange, get your friends to do the same.

From there you guys should be able to join a game together.
Back to top Go down
kaito
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 4:33 am

^ i see. that is actually to add friend, and to add friend into group chat list only. so far i know.

but from what you say, guess i'll see how to do it.

don't fully understand. but i'll see what i can do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closed beta test schedule (updated)   Closed beta test schedule (updated) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Closed beta test schedule (updated)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next