Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valiant Axeler - a guide

Go down 
+7
colfenor1337
fggt
Samui
Zwiebel Force
AhegaoMaster
Aoko
Relict?
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

Valiant Axeler - a guide Empty
PostSubject: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:05 am

Valiant Axeler - a guide 35j4lzG

Who is Valiant Axeler?

M sized AIR unit which comes equipped with 3 different weapon types, wields a total of 5 weapons, starts each match/spawn with a Vanic shield, and holds a STOVL/midair dash. Also lacks a voice.

Why should I use Valiant Axeler?

In an age where range is king, he disregards that safety and gets in the opposition's personal space to deal nuclear damage. His main method of attacking ignores Glide Boost as well as disorder, bad homing, and anti-homing. Said attack also hits enemies quite hard - this leads to enemy AIRs dropping altitude due to hitstun. He also steals boost from enemies, allowing him to fight boost hungry bots (to a certain extent) as well as keep him in the air for longer so he can continue dealing damage.

PROS AND CONS

Advantages

• You get to experience the thrill of messing someone up while you're in their face
  • Hard hitting psyguns which ignore anti-homing, disorder, and bad homing (hi Armada AM2)
  • Said psyguns also do not care about Glide Boost
  • His secondary means of dealing damage steals enemies' boost
  • Starts with a Vanic Shield that outright ignores damage for seven hits
  • When he is stock, his stats are ideal for tuning (20 FLY / 10 WLK -> easy to reach 38 FLY without vanilla Boost tunes)
  • Does not have to be stock, which leads to "creative" builds. However, this guide is about stock V.A.

Disadvantages

• Close range attacks mean you're at a disadvantage against certain bots with high range
  • All of his useful means of dealing damage are hindered by a low ammo pool
  • His boost steal guns only has 5 force each
  • You cannot tune his psyguns
  • His BS weapon is not good at hitting things when used alone
  • His HP is rather poor (since his parts give him subpar HP) unless you invest in EX tunes, drives, and core tunes  farao
  • Requires 220 cost Valiant @ part to transform and access his stock weaponry

What are my tools?

Valiant BD:

Valiant Axeler - a guide QnkEhcW

This grants V.A. a Vanic Shield. Lasts for 7 hits. Cannot be refreshed. Shield spawns even if you are not using stock parts. Main perks of using Valiant core for a non-stock alpha is his Vanic shield and stellar cart selection pool. If you play Lexratio Resha or a robot with Growldian BS2 or a Yurika or a Yunessa or a Melfi Frost or a BF Rouche and you happen to be reading this guide, please do not cast your 4-hit Vanic on a freshly spawned Valiant Axeler. Amy Azure's Vanics are insane and far outclasses that of Valiant Axeler's, however, it should be noted.

Valiant BD@

Valiant Axeler - a guide Oq4NVCA

This is what allows stock Valiant to become the terror he is. Without it, he is locked out of his parts and cannot transform. The transform sub is colored purple. If you transform while flying, you do a little dash forward and unlock your stock weaponry. If you transform while you're on the ground / hovering in midair, you gain height, instead. This allows you to quickly get to the center part of Sand Cliffs even without Air Loop. Observe shitty GIF below.

Valiant Axeler - a guide 9iT3Swb

Valiant LG

Valiant Axeler - a guide WowSWu0

Valiant Axeler - a guide IF6O80N

This part gives you a STOVL you can use from the ground (no cooldown) or a dash when used from the air (does have a considerable cooldown). Usable without transforming.

Valiant BS

Valiant Axeler - a guide UcLqJoQ

Valiant Axeler - a guide O1Yykxu

Fires a 4-clip barrage of anti-air beam missiles that go up and then track towards the enemy as it descends. Think of it as a baby Steel Burn W AM or a baby School Illumis attachment (Battle Frame I Alpha 2). Unlike those, however, it's not very good at hitting enemies as is. Even when it's tuned, it barely hits the opposition. This is due to how it tracks and because of its short range. Definitely the least useful weapon Valiant has. If you have to farm stuff, use this because this is the weapon which will outlast the rest of his weaponry.

Valiant AM

Valiant Axeler - a guide JgnJfnL

Valiant Axeler - a guide DK1vOiS

Fires a tiny boost stealing projectile. Clip size is 12, but the weapon shoots two projectiles at a time. This means you can only fire the AM weaponry a total of 80 times, not 160. This is his secondary means of dealing damage.

Valiant AM@

Valiant Axeler - a guide 2h5UQSz

Valiant Axeler - a guide 9lSQnLd

Fires a psygun that does DAMAGE. Clip size is 3 shots. This is your means of ruining nerds. Ignore the 300 range - this is a psygun, after all. Get close to your opposition, make sure your lock-on is on the dork you want to slay, and fire away.

How do I tune the flying nuke?

Tune 9 High Boost Alpha / High Boost Beta, depending on whether or not you want to keep 1 STR for propeller bits. This is where his 20 FLY / 10 WLK as stock comes in handy. Do note that his 7 STR is not enough to keep 1 STR should you choose to tune 9 HBB, which is where you are forced to tune some HBA. You are aiming for 38 FLY.

Then tune TEC. The amount of High Tech Alpha tunes you wish to include in your build will also affect the amount of HBB vs HBA tunes you wish to include should you decide to give your Valiant prop bits.

a note about High TEC Alpha vs High TEC:

What about revenge tunes?

I think most AIR units should try to fit in at least one Revenge: Crimson Veil tune. Sure, it's RNG, but it's still a chance for you to escape the bullshit AIRs and ARTs when it activates. Plus you're still gaining HP from the tune itself, so it's not a total loss if it does not trigger. Now if your bot gets stunned, you either gain back ammo or you get a ticket to go ham (or go home).

Of course, when Crimson Veil procs, you lose mercy invincibility which also means you cannot height reset with augmented thrusters. However, this is not too pressing of an issue since you should not be in the stratosphere as Valiant Axeler.

END GOALS: 40 TEC and 38 FLY is mandatory. At least one Crimson Veil tune heavily recommended. If you are keeping 1 STR, aim for at least 450 HP. If not, you'd better have a lot more HP.

sample build:

don't build your Valiant Axeler like this:

also do not build your V.A. like this:

How do I play the nuke?

1. Bring Shell Supply/A
2. Lead with your psygun
3. Locate enemy AIRs, LNDs, SUPs. Certain ARTs are fair game, too
4. Get into enemies face and then hold down M1
5. Watch as they get stunned from how hard the weapon hits
6. Switch to your boost steal gun / alpha if you need to regain boost or if you want to ground the enemy and make them sitting ducks or when you need the burst damage
7. Go back to raining death with your psygun
8. Switch to your other psygun when you run out of ammo. Alpha when necessary
9. Use shell supply and continue fighting until you're outta of ammo again
10. This is where you make a decision. Do you die and respawn on a new bot? Do you beg for ammo supply? Do you hump a cactus to regain ammo via Stun Supply? If there are no cacti, do you farm using your BS? Or do you go into the midst of your enemy forces and ask them to shoot you? The choice is yours.

Not included it is you looping as necessary.

What carts should I use for Valiant Axeler?

I recommend 6 capacity carts. If you want the build to be low budget, you can take 5 capacity carts and Moving Burst. Hell, technically you don't even need Moving Burst. But I preferred being able to evade while alpha striking.

Moving Burst, as stated above, is optional. I recommend it, personally. Don't go too crazy with it or you'll run out of ammo extremely quickly.

I like Beam Guard on my AIRs. That's up to you.

Since the meta is filled with so much debuffs these days, Fast Recovery is considerable. Also up to you.

I guess you could take Broad Radar. Right now my tab key does not work, so I can't even access my regular radar. I still do fine. Just head towards the action and you'll surely find enemies to shoot.

Other notable carts include Float Dash, Quick Jump, Quick Boost, Short Boost, Quick Land, Stealth System, and Stun Regain (lol 8 tgh makes this not a great idea IMO). I've always wondered if Tough Wonderbit is worth it on an AIR with prop bits. I doubt it, though.

Air Loop is recommended over Accel Roll for this kind of bot.

What core tunes should I use on Valiant Axeler?

2* core tunes

• Stun Supply+ makes you regain 7 psygun shots instead of 4
  • Back Protect should go on every unit. Quick Recovery and Rocket Starter are basically mandatory, as well, IMO

3* core tunes

• Crit+ is the best core tune in the game. Highly recommended
  • Wonder Balancer makes your 1/40 prop bits last longer. Recommended if you're going to take prop bits. Also recommended if you give your V.A. wolfraid bits if you have 0 STR. This would have your wolfraid bits last long enough to travel 75% of the distance it would have traveled if you had kept 1 STR, which allows the bit to do its job before disappearing
  • Guard Burst if you're going to take Moving Burst
  • Guard Dash if you're ignoring MB

4* core tunes

• Long Moving Burst if you're going to take Moving Burst
  • Crimson Crusader is worthless on him

Which Drive should I give Valiant Axeler?

Honestly, I think he needs the HP offered by Armor Drive. Plus, since he's a close range AIR, he'll be subject to a lot of danger to ARTs compared to that of safer AIRs. Ablative Plating helps with that.

I really like the mobility offered by Boost Drive. Augmented Thrusters means he doesn't need Short Boost, basically. Eco Boost increases air time, which is quite important, I think, for a bot that lacks a reignitition. Prop Armor lets you fight boost stealing alphas more effectively (fuck you Crystas AM). I also found myself running out of ammo before running out of HP when I used Armor Drive.

tl;dr version

• Lead with psygun
  • Alpha strike only when necessary (need to ground airborne / boost run opponent or need to regain boost in order to stay in air)
  • Praise Fluene the based elf goddess

Last edited by Relict? on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:48 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aoko
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aoko

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 5:50 am

Quote :
[17:32:38] VietPho : http://cosmiccalc.appspot.com/?AXLER%26BDbAM46cLGbM108@RV2aRV2gbM288@dadgh01@ET8cFCh06@EB8cBSbM144@iF1aMS1j@daB5ade-fO31@kB5aEB5j@B6aiT4e-fL16fO156@lT7aET7%233*6a8a15a21a26aEX1|%2C|%3A|%7C|SC9|cAMb|cWPbS|adcHD|ACb20|SC13a|eM155|EB5aE|ET7aE
[17:32:42] VietPho : check out all those great tunes Smile

I wanted to follow this build cuz its VietPho's but then I realized that i counldn't transform pig
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Female Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 5:57 am

guess im not the only person with LMB HAHA.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 7:16 am

Oh wow, I'm always scared of alphaing with it, b/c he has no ammo.
Back to top Go down
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

Male Posts : 833

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 8:12 am

Seeing Relict? use dat Axeler makes me imagine having an entire team made up of Valiant Axelers in formation. Anyway, great guide man, I'll work on my build with this thanks.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 8:43 am

Aoko wrote:
Quote :
[17:32:38] VietPho : http://cosmiccalc.appspot.com/?AXLER%26BDbAM46cLGbM108@RV2aRV2gbM288@dadgh01@ET8cFCh06@EB8cBSbM144@iF1aMS1j@daB5ade-fO31@kB5aEB5j@B6aiT4e-fL16fO156@lT7aET7%233*6a8a15a21a26aEX1|%2C|%3A|%7C|SC9|cAMb|cWPbS|adcHD|ACb20|SC13a|eM155|EB5aE|ET7aE
[17:32:42] VietPho : check out all those great tunes  Smile

I wanted to follow this build cuz its VietPho's but then I realized that i counldn't transform pig

No you should follow CB's top player's build.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 8:46 am

How about this:

Instead of using High Rapid Beta on the BS weapon, put it into an investment on a tuned 3s handgun. I know that you'll alpha with him, although not likely all the time, but at least the handgun will have more ammo than any of his weapons. I have not test this myself, but I think a back-up investment can be worth it.

Also I dunno how the beam missiles perform with High Rapid Beta. But since you're leading with the psygun, it's better to let the bullet stuns your target, then alpha a bit, allowing everything else hits it. owob

Also why bother dying when you're all out ammo right? You can still be a supply drop unit for you team xD
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:08 pm

Aoko wrote:

farao

Princess Nana wrote:
guess im not the only person with LMB HAHA.

Changed my mind. Too often I have to get personnel and LMB helps with that.

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Oh wow, I'm always scared of alphaing with it, b/c he has no ammo.

It is a true fear. Just alpha when necessary.

Samui wrote:
Seeing Relict? use dat Axeler makes me imagine having an entire team made up of Valiant Axelers in formation. Anyway, great guide man, I'll work on my build with this thanks.

They'd need Fluene. Speaking of which, I need to add that Fluene is Valiant's goddess. You're welcome! Glad it could be of help.

fggt wrote:
No you should follow CB's top player's build.

Haha

@colfenor1337

Tuned handgun wouldn't be happening due to its cost and lack of stat. 10 cost on handheld -> 15 cost for magnum / handgun. +1 TEC on handheld -> 0 TEC.

Don't worry, I already alpha strike like that.

You die when there's no medic on your team (which prevents you from utilizing Stun Supply). I'd rather not sit around and contribute nothing.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Wtf!
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Ah AKB I was implying that rather that using the High Rapid Beta, which is 10 cost, you can use it to put just 1 TEC, and the extra 5 capa for a handgun owob
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:25 pm

lol. I might just try my build without the transform when I get the chance ^^
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:29 pm

colfenor1337 wrote:
Ah AKB I was implying that rather that using the High Rapid Beta, which is 10 cost, you can use it to put just 1 TEC, and the extra 5 capa for a handgun owob

Oh, I see that now. Sorry was in class when I replied.

I think that's ideal. I'll try to tune a handy mag, then, probably. Thank you.

EDIT: Ugh but I don't want to cycle through yet another main weapon. I think I like how it is right now. Thanks for the suggestion anyways.

VietPho wrote:
lol. I might just try my build without the transform when I get the chance ^^

You can make Valiant builds without Valiant BD@. That's when you use parts that aren't stock. But that requires building.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:57 pm

does he still get shield without transform
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:10 pm

He gets the shield on spawn, even without the transform part.

His missile his designed after 2 weapons that can be rather terrible at doing their job of killing lnds (Illumis version can't hit jackshit under her, which is rather bad for an air unit. You basically have to aim at things far away or stay close to the ground to be able to hit things near you), and the less range the weapon has, the worse it gets because of the amount of effective ground between the blindspot outer boundaries and max range is rather thin, and then most of his weapons rely on rather close ranges. It would work better if they made it like like Yngvis BS but honestly, the flaws on the missile kinda of balances it out, since if it was super accurate it would make him even dumber than he can already be when you fire from the sweetspot.

Last edited by God is a Cat Girl on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Mmm. I'll clarify it in guide.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:08 pm

btw how does Valiant's psygun with 26 force has smaller projectile than Armada's?.....C.S.... =w=
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:58 pm

even it's a small projectile, has very very good tracking btw.
no problem.

Last edited by +RedCobra+ on Tue May 12, 2015 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Female Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 10:39 pm

with LMB you can use valiant more aggressively c3:
thats how it appears to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valiant Axeler - a guide   Valiant Axeler - a guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Valiant Axeler - a guide
Page 1 of 1