Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Farming Help/Advice

Go down 
+18
Ropalx
ardyhunter
Yuippe
FullThrottle
Hoshiko
Frogsonpie
IcyAmiki
RST-00
NumeroDoS
subzero1112
Provis
Wolf Hikari
Idontlive
Havok
technomo12
ChaosOmni
Hyoka
Evilsmilez
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evilsmilez
Evilsmilez

Male Posts : 90

Farming Help/Advice  Empty
PostSubject: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:15 am

Hello guys

I need help/advice for finding the badass stuff in the game (sorry for being so general). For instance, I've been farming Arcantus for over 10 hours (pass area 60), soloing Haku and teaming his other boss buddies(at least 10 times), missions (easy solo and normal/hard team with high BP), and union wars (usually chart at the top 10); and yet, the only things I have to show for is a 4 8-vulcans, a micro bazooka, a few robo parts, and a few accessories.
I'm looking for the exclusive weapons and body parts. For instance, the Box missile weapon, or the Fireball bazooka.

Any good advice will suffice. I'm looking for advice that will help me maximize my chances of getting uber gear.

Where are the best places to farm?
Also, if it isn't too much of a problem, can you guys list a few super-duper rare items (farmable and rarest of the rare) that I should look out for in specific areas, or in general. I plan to eventually either create a farming guide, or share the advice with others.

P.s. I do use the 30% drop thingies. I know it all comes down to luck, but I"m wondering how to receive that luck, and where to find it.
(p.s.s I'm sorry for the imperfect grammar, and the vagueness, I'm totally beat from pulling an all-nighter)

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:53 am

Let me tackle the question by quoting parts of your post:

Evilsmilez wrote:

I'm looking for the exclusive weapons and body parts. For instance, the Box missile weapon, or the Fireball bazooka.
The Fireball Bazooka you speak of isn't a bazooka, it's a grenade-type weapon called the Volcano Grenade. You can obtain it by completing the "Starcluster Assault" mission on any difficulty. (I recommend spamming normal or hard more just in case it doesn't drop from easy)

Oh and if you hate Starcluster Assault, you can get it from Berzelius runs too.

The Box Missile weapon can be obtained by:
Running Gigan Busters (normal/hard/Extreme [they call it Hell mode in the japanese version])
Running Cacpetus Invasion (or whatever that cactus mission was called) (normal)

Evilsmilez wrote:

Any good advice will suffice. I'm looking for advice that will help me maximize my chances of getting uber gear.
Not all uber gear are drops. Most of them come from the Garapon, a lottery machine that involves real money. Also, some of the shop weapons can be quite effective too. (although, some of them are missing, lol)

Evilsmilez wrote:

Also, if it isn't too much of a problem, can you guys list a few super-duper rare items (farmable and rarest of the rare) that I should look out for in specific areas, or in general.

Here are a few items to look out for:

Boss quest drops:

Every boss drops a wonder bit (or two, or three) that corresponds to one of its powers. The exception to this is C.S-chan, who we can't fight right now. (Maybe too many people complained about the tentacle scene...) Anyway, the drops:

Stardust Cannon (obtainable from Berzelius runs on one-star regen difficulty or harder)
Damascus Knife (obtainable from Berzelius runs on one-star regen difficulty or harder)
Beam Machinegun (obtainable from Fractulus runs on one-star regen difficulty or harder)
All of the Demonfox Haku staves:
Kamui Staff (coolest of them all, hardest to obtain, three-star difficulty or harder)
Blank Staff (gives extra HP to wielder, One-star difficulty or harder)
Homura Staff (homing projectiles, Two-star difficulty or harder)
Also, the Tenko mask from Three-star (maybe two star as well) runs. It's an accessory.
I think the C.S Rod should get a mention here, it comes from the C.S chan fight on two-star difficulty or higher, but we can't fight C.S-chan anymore for some strange reason...

Quest mode drops:
Red Squealer BD/AM/LG/HD
Elme S BD/BS/AM/LG/HD
A. Maid BD/BS/AM/LG/HD
Blocky BD (from Blocky's)
Ghostree BD
Grandom BS (from Grandoms)
Snow Vulture BS (from Snow Vultures)
Vulture BS (from Vultures)
Ice Vulture BS (from Ice Vultures)
Eight Vulcan
Handy Bazooka
Large Bazooka
Titan Bazooka
Morning Star
Several Accessories

Other:
Device Breaker (Fractulus runs, arena matches)
Custom shotgun (Fractulus runs, arena matches)
Rocket Launcher (Quest and Arena) [note: this is available in the shop in the JP version for UC]
Back to top Go down
Evilsmilez
Evilsmilez

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:14 am

Hyoka, I cannot thank you enough for the killer post.....

To you: Thanks x infinty billion times Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:31 am

I'm not gonna read all that. Condensation Misa, Condensation.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:33 am

sunjae429 wrote:

I just gave a short list of things to look out for, why are you going tl;dr? D:
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:51 pm

You are missing a few parts.

Lenin is running around with Walrus LG.

You can find parts to complete these 7 bots:

Red Squealer (no BS, built into core)
Build Arm (Anti-Air Missile BS sub weapon)
Misside (weapon arms, low ammo, but wide/thin body is unique)
Ace Braver (melee arms, HANDSHOT core weapon)
A. Maid
Elme S.
Hound (no HD, built into core)

Misc Parts:

Wootree BD
Damtree BD
Cacpetus HD
Bad Bat HD
Vulture HD
Vulture BS
Camel XL LG

(I'll update later with more)

I really wish I could get the Walrus LG now. =/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:55 pm

Hyoka wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:

I just gave a short list of things to look out for, why are you going tl;dr? D:

It covers my whole fucking screen. Short list, I dont think.
Back to top Go down
Evilsmilez
Evilsmilez

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 6:29 am

Spoiler:

Thanks x infinty billion times to you too Chaosomni
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 3:17 pm

which section of the quest mode can i get handy zookas??

Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

Male Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:49 am

Is it better to just do the first few stages over and over, or does the drop rate get better the farther you go into Arcantus?

Also I have seen a few people with a giant glowing sword of doom not sure what its called but I have been on the wrong end of it and it HURTS (Not one of the shop ones), anyone know where that would drop?
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Havok wrote:
[1]Is it better to just do the first few stages over and over, or does the drop rate get better the farther you go into Arcantus?

[2]Also I have seen a few people with a giant glowing sword of doom not sure what its called but I have been on the wrong end of it and it HURTS (Not one of the shop ones), anyone know where that would drop?

[1] The drop rates does not get better, it is always the same 1x unless you have tickets, and then it can be 1.3x drop.

[2] 3 Star Haku quest completion drop. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:37 am

To be honest, that 3-star staff doesn't really hurt, especially for that ridiculous cost.

But it sure has good range.
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

Male Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:42 am

I think that is the reason I felt like it hurt so much lol, its hard to dodge on a slower bot.
Back to top Go down
Idontlive
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Idontlive

Male Posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:43 am

The bosses also drop a lot of random accessories...

oh and a bit offtopic : does anyone got an idea where I got "Tarantulic LG" ? I can't seem to find info on what bot it is supposed to be (It can be bought from shop after you got it so probably "should be" a shop bot but I dont see it in shop anywhere (not even in garapon) and I didn't get any more parts from anywhere yet... any ideas ?

(inb4: you found one you should know-> I don't remember where I got it because it was in the first 2 days of the final beta and I just started playing the game then (newbie..) and didn't watch my logs on what I got from drops/arena at the time..)
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:50 am

I did read it a bit... Being do a hard quest alone is readdy hard. -_-|||
Back to top Go down
Evilsmilez
Evilsmilez

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:16 am

Idontlive wrote:

oh and a bit offtopic : does anyone got an idea where I got "Tarantulic LG" ? I can't seem to find info on what bot it is supposed to be (It can be bought from shop after you got it so probably "should be" a shop bot but I dont see it in shop anywhere (not even in garapon) and I didn't get any more parts from anywhere yet... any ideas ?

(inb4: you found one you should know-> I don't remember where I got it because it was in the first 2 days of the final beta and I just started playing the game then (newbie..) and didn't watch my logs on what I got from drops/arena at the time..)

In the desert area with the cactuses (I believe after the 4th outpost). There are some spiders that shootwebs to reduce movement spped in that area.
Back to top Go down
Idontlive
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Idontlive

Male Posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:01 am

Evilsmilez wrote:

In the desert area with the cactuses (I believe after the 4th outpost). There are some spiders that shootwebs to reduce movement spped in that area.

I was thinking about those but those are "spideroids" (things that drop a part usually drop it with their name in it..).. also on jp wiki it says they dont seem to drop any parts at all...
Back to top Go down
Evilsmilez
Evilsmilez

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:06 am

Idontlive wrote:
Evilsmilez wrote:

I was thinking about those but those are "spideroids" (things that drop a part usually drop it with their name in it..).. also on jp wiki it says they dont seem to drop any parts at all...

Yep, those are the ones that should drop the parts.
I asked a friend where she got hers, she said the spiders dropped them. I'm not too sure though
Back to top Go down
Provis

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:42 am

Anyone know where specifically the eight vulcan or w/e it's called drops most? I'd like one for my Shino but I haven't found any in a pile of Berzelius and Haku runs. Not only does that thing look badass, I've had it tear holes in my ARTs so many times.
Back to top Go down
subzero1112
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
subzero1112

Male Posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:07 pm

Provis wrote:
Anyone know where specifically the eight vulcan or w/e it's called drops most? I'd like one for my Shino but I haven't found any in a pile of Berzelius and Haku runs. Not only does that thing look badass, I've had it tear holes in my ARTs so many times.

you can get the eight vulcan by farming arcantus first 10 lvls to be exact i got two of em
though it has alot of ammo and decent damage it reduces your mobility (wlk and fly) alot
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:41 am

Anyone can tell me where I can get Micro Bazooka (or whatever it's called, not sure :/)? I want to replace my Lily's Little Grenade for a couple.
Back to top Go down
RST-00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
RST-00

Male Posts : 132
Location : In west Philadelphia born and raised, On the playground was where I spent most of my days~

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:53 am

You guys are forgetting that you can also get Pterno HDs in the magdoria-or-whatever-it's-called-volcanoes.
I know this becuase I have one myself. And it is an awesome weapon. Not too sure if you can get all the other parts though.
Back to top Go down
http://cdn.anyhub.net/thebest404pageever/swf/rainboa.swf
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 11:52 am

NumeroDoS wrote:
Anyone can tell me where I can get Micro Bazooka (or whatever it's called, not sure :/)? I want to replace my Lily's Little Grenade for a couple.
I got those from doing the Gigandroff mission... from Easy mode. Not sure if other difficulty will drop something similar.
Back to top Go down
Frogsonpie

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 6:18 am

Idontlive wrote:

I got my tarantulic parts from gigan busters on hard+.

Also Molle arms are dropped from those moles in the wastelands. Anyone know if the rest can drop? or should I hunt down another arm and build my mole with a frog body like my goblin?(which uses froglander parts save the head of course) x.x
Back to top Go down
Hoshiko
Newcomer
Newcomer
Hoshiko

Male Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi can anyone tell me where I can find Elme S BD/BS/AM/LG/HD and A. Maid BD/BS/AM/LG/HD? They have my interest on what they look like when fully completed. The only thing I know is they drop in quest mode, But I want to know where a good place to look for them is. Please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farming Help/Advice    Farming Help/Advice  Empty

Back to top Go down

Farming Help/Advice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next