Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica Empty
PostSubject: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 8:11 pm

KILLICA MECHANICS GUIDE
not going to tell you how to build killica, or how to play her(aside from a few things about her combo options) simply how she works, with a focus on the RED SWORD.

Killica's RED SWORD has a unique property where the red slashes, with many hits, have fixed damage regardless of TGH stat of the target. While they don't do the listed damage, the damage will be the same regardless of their state of TGH reduction, and does increase with force tunes.

http://puu.sh/fbOdH.webm untuned sword, red combo on artillery. Note the 15s that appear.
http://puu.sh/eYhcT.webm 1x grappler sowrd, red combo on artillery. Note the multiple 16s that appear.

Note that in these webms, the total damage is actually pretty similar in the full clip, but the last hit of the red combo(the one that knocks back) is vastly different.(20 for untuned vs 11 for tuned), this is because of tough reduction. Generally, you want to not do this last hit in order to start a new combo and get the red swings in again to do the fixed damage. This lets you take large advantage of damage tunes and their benefits, though an opponent can escape or counter attack while you do this, but more on that later.

There are two "red swings" that do 4 hits of this fixed value, meaning you will do the amount 8 times when connecting a combo.

Killica blade RED swing:
-6 = 09 on nonart, 13 on art, 13 backhit nonart, 17 backhit art
+0 = 11 on nonart, 15 on art, 17 backhit nonart, 21 backhit art
+1 = 11 on nonart, 16 on art, 17 backhit nonart, 22 backhit art
+2 = 12 on nonart, 16 on art, 18 backhit nonart, 22 backhit art
+3 = 12 on nonart, 17 on art, 18 backhit nonart, 23 backhit art
+5 = 13 on nonart, 18 on art, 19 backhit nonart, 24 backhit art

(-6 is shop sword with 1 grappler tune)

(to do: numbers on sword guarded targets, an armor drive: ablative plating artilery)

+3 sword can you get from doing 3 normal grappler tunes for no downside, or 1 Great grappler, or grap+hgrap, etc. +5 is g.grap and 2 normal grapplers.

Honestly, the increase on damage against artillery that +3 sword gains over +2 isn't that important, as artillery will probably die in one combo anyway. Double grappler looks to be a very strong tune set. 3rd slot can be the third grappler for faster artillery killing power, a status tune for help against other opponents, or nothing if you want to put the cost elsewhere.

Resets:
This refers to stopping your melee combo partway through(before the last hit) and starting it over from the first hit. As I mentioned before, this lets you do more damage by getting more red swings which have fixed damage.
Note that if you don't reset, there is a gap before the last hit, that anyone with an invulnerable mobility booster can mash out of, any melee with super armor or CC can mash out of, counter bots can press counter, and other killicas(or kuhls) can parry, which will all leave you in a bad spot.
If you do reset, the same gap exists, but a bit bigger, so the target can even start running, but since killica isn't stuck in an attack animation, she can follow and react.

Mobility booster/run away: run after them and hit them.
Attack back with melee: hold parry, then combo again.
parry(or counter, etc): do nothing. For Abyss Hu, he has an attack at the end of his counter dash, so you want to parry that after he dashes.
Fly up/away: Stop combo during rising portion, go into air combo. Alternatively, switch to yellow and run to follow.

those are the basic options you want to be prepared to cover.

Repeat this process until the opponent is dead(probably should not take more than 2 sets)

Yellow Sword:

Yellow Sword has more range and travel. Also the hits are faster, and there is no gap before the end of the combo. Yellow sword is to push people away without opening up the minigame I described above, you simply push them away, and if they are melee, they have to move back towards you and you can either parry their approach and push them away again, or just hit them if they try to bait parry.

In general, you want to stay in red except when you need yellow, since red is more useful in most cases.

Yellow sword is good if you are afraid of the opponent mashing out and outguessing you during reset.

The increased range and travel can help you hit airs out of the sky. Also good for hitting mobile CV targets since you'll get more hits.

The vertical reach on yellow is much more than red.

In general, you want to stay in red except when you need yellow, since red is more useful in most cases.

Yellow's longer range can poke through thin walls better, and is better for killing meta cactus. Also for low HP targets, you can use yellow to hit them easier for a kill rather than having to close in for red.

There is really nothing special about it mechanics-wise.

Blade Charge:

This is killica's attack dash. It has a TON of super armor, moves VERY far, has a "carry" effect where anyone you hit will be pulled with you to where you end the attack, can combo into a single sword attack with a damage boost, and is affected by your blade mode. This means that yellow Blade Charge goes a lot further, and the horizontal hitbox is a lot wider. Yellow blade charge followup will do the knockback final hit of yellow combo, while red blade charge followup does a simple slash that leaves them next to you for the options listed earlier.

It has 20 ammo.(10 with shop version)

Parry:
Killica's "CV shield" main weapon has a parry attached to it, which will inflict a GV-type stun on targets that melee it.(It doesn't actually inflict GV, but has the same type of upwards knockup, which goes through crimson veil and super armor.)

The parry does not cover killica's back.

The parry functions on some interesting mechanics.

It will hit a target at any range, as long as they are "attached" to their melee(are in a melee animation.)

for example:

Can parry glint during the first frames, but can't parry glint if you walk into a missed glint(after eris leaves the glint animation)
Can't parry triz main weapon, or other main weapon melee attacks.
Can't parry melee bits

Some attacks will damage Killica when she parries them, others won't. It depends on the range of the attack, large hitboxes often hit her through parry, but still get parried.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1859

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:07 am

Wow she has quite a comprehensive melee mechanisms. Thanks for sharing this with us Winty! owob
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 2:40 am

but is it ok using the red blade ?
because it slow down your mele combo a bit.......
Back to top Go down
YukiZero
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
YukiZero

Male Posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 2:47 am

Lol red adds more swings
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
His smile and optimism : gone.

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 2:52 am

I keep the yellow most of the time, just switching to red when i am going to kill
some ARTs with no one around to stop me, or to kill some sups, to fight L size
crowd diving tankers and for breaking power spots...
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:15 am

@YukiZero wrote:
Lol red adds more swings

lol!

@+RedCobra+ wrote:
but is it ok using the red blade ?
because it slow down your mele combo a bit.......

yes. You should be in red most of the time and only switch to yellow when you need it.
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣 先輩
野獣 先輩

Female Posts : 3331

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 11:55 am

Blade charge heal group!?
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:12 pm

Princess Nana wrote:
Blade charge heal group!?

its always fun to do this
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣 先輩
野獣 先輩

Female Posts : 3331

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:47 pm

I haven't been blade charged by a killica before
But thinking about her blade charging a heal group seems... Kind of scary
Since minty winty said, "anyone you hit will be pulled with you to where you end the attack."
Does that include like multiple people or just one person?
Can you still blade charge while being wind pillared? #em3.5
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:53 pm

Yes, you can pull multiple ppl with blade charge, that is why it is fun to blade charge heal groups #em3

Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:55 pm

it will pull anyone hit by it.
You can blade charge any time you can do an action, as long as it's not on cooldown. I'm not really sure what this question is.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 4:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohbxWQt66RQ

killica
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 10:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohbxWQt66RQ#t=159

what kind of bot is this? Pinalcy?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 2:55 am

Ok i rolled a Killica chain.

here's the rundown:

this thing sucks.

You have a new sword and a new sheath.
New sword has 2 less force. Other stats are unchanged. Parry now does powerless.
New Sheath lacks form shift, disallowing red combo. Instead you have a stun projectile thing. The catch for this is that it shoots two projectiles instead of one, which is cool.

HOWEVER:
You can't mix and match the parts. Doing so results in a mode change that doesn't function, so you can't draw the sword.
This means you can't have the 32force sword with the projectile sheath, and you can't have the powerless parry with the form shift sheath.
I'd consider trying out a build with a bunch of glads on the sword to spam yellow combo everywhere, IF i were able to use the 32 force sword to do it. The fact that I'd be stuck with a 30 force sword is really sad. With no red sword and less base force you'd just do no damage, ever, especially since killica's base combo is so short.

the new BD(BD5) has purple hair, which is cool! It has +1STR +1WLK -4FLY +2TGH for it's stat differences. Honestly I'd much rather have the fly for getting higher-tier boost runs. the higher base WLK and TGH is probably good for TEC builds that abuse air step.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2095

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 2:22 pm

Good info thanks. I'll pass on building her then
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
Maelstrom

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 2:43 pm

Talk about the Killica chain bit, it's good for something?
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 3:17 pm

@Maelstrom wrote:

aoe is shit on it
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 3:27 pm

it basically shoots the projectile from the sheath in front of you. Does this even with original equipment. Pierces, knocks things up. Since it's a forward projectile, it doesn't hit all around you so it's not a "Get away from me" thing.
If you have wonder cancel it's probably pretty good since you can probably melee combo someone, hit F, pop them up, and then do another combo. This would mean taking armor drive or sword drive to get access to it.
Knockup beats CV
slash itself does like 50~ damage, seems to be fixed. Works with negative TEC.
It misses small units, especially if you are far(because of maps curving lol)

If you don't use anti-homing, and don't want to use boost drive for more mobility, this core will get you a bit more HP. You won't get as much HP as you normally would, because you have to waste a lot of the gained capa tuning back your FLY stat to regain the boost run you would have had with the other core.

If I transfer my build over, I gain 15HP and 2TGH, get the projectile wonderbit, and lose anti-homing.(before taking drive changes into account)

IDK if that's better. It depends on your playstyle. For dodging airs and killing artillery, boost drive and anti-homing are hugely helpful. If you are playing anti-melee and trying to parry people and kill them, having wonder cancel into a powerless beta+knockup attack is going to be very helpful since you can combo people harder, or even break out of other people's combos with it.

If you only use her to 1v1 melee teamfight there's clear answer lol
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 3:31 pm

@VietPho wrote:
@Maelstrom wrote:

aoe is shit on it

it's a fucking wave that shoots in front of you, what do you expect lol
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5575

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 3:41 pm

@Winty wrote:
@VietPho wrote:
@Maelstrom wrote:

aoe is shit on it

its Vietpho
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Well, I prefer my AH bit and blonde hair anyway...
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 5:56 pm

btw, I am thinking to drop my red tier BR to get +90 hp in my build (670 > 760)
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 5:59 pm

with high tier boost run artillery becoming more common I'm actually noticing the difference between my 38_1 melees and my 38_10 killica. I'm not sure how well she will do with less speed these days, the capacity creep is real.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 2:30 am

@Winty wrote:
@VietPho wrote:
@Maelstrom wrote:

aoe is shit on it

I was hoping it would do something like this
Fan of Knives:
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Popuko Running
Popuko Running

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 11:05 am

Is this ok, pls say yes
Spoiler:

pre-tuned trash and no desire to try hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica   KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica Empty

Back to top Go down

KILL LA KILLICA: Understanding Killica
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Land Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com