Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is CosmicBreak dead?

Go down 
+24
zerocl
Valkyrie
Toilet-Flusher
WiFi
Wah~Sugoi
Koiro
Shai
Relict?
VietPho
shinigami
Verafice
necrodrakath
GasaiYunoº
Isdelft
Tuskin
Pork Chop
BARILLIAN
Garmraid
fggt
dsp
reVelske
StickyKeys
Winty
Morishima
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Morishima
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Morishima

Female Posts : 157

Is CosmicBreak dead? Empty
PostSubject: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 3:37 pm

I am and was studying the last months and now came online just to check whats up. Saddly when I came online I saw that on the en server there were
Channel 1: 30/1000
Channel 2: 18/1000
Channel 3: 93/1000 (round about 90 not 100 but not less then 90. can´t remember exact)

so...I ask. Is Cosmic Break dead? what should I play instead?

I enjoy CB since it has a fun battling system (compared to games like Battlefield or something) but it starts draining.

I realized I spend way to much time here in this game only trying to collect some "good" bots and because there were always more op bots coming out I ended up having one fully Tuned Seraph(Summer) and garages full of needless bots. and now I come online to realize I don´t even have someone to play with (a big number of the 90 had bazar shops afk)

So what do I do..I like the game. I hate Cyberstep. I like the System. I hate not being able to use it.

And I predict that soon only 2-15 players will be online daily and thats it. Don´t want to waste time in a game which won´t exist next year or the year after.

As u can see the message in the end is. I quit. I won´t rage about stuff or anything. I might come back at some point...maybe when I check the server and see 500 people online, but for now....see ya in the far future (probably not) Sad
Back to top Go down
Frizz
Busted
Busted

Male Posts : 2029

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 3:43 pm

50%
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:23 pm

COULD COSMICBREAK BE STILL ALIVE?
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:43 pm

Morishima wrote:
I am and was studying the last months and now came online just to check whats up. Saddly when I came online I saw that on the en server there were
Channel 1: 30/1000
Channel 2: 18/1000
Channel 3: 93/1000 (round about 90 not 100 but not less then 90. can´t remember exact)

so...I ask. Is Cosmic Break dead? what should I play instead?

I enjoy CB since it has a fun battling system (compared to games like Battlefield or something) but it starts draining.

I realized I spend way to much time here in this game only trying to collect some "good" bots and because there were always more op bots coming out I ended up having one fully Tuned Seraph(Summer) and garages full of needless bots. and now I come online to realize I don´t even have someone to play with (a big number of the 90 had bazar shops afk)

So what do I do..I like the game. I hate Cyberstep. I like the System. I hate not being able to use it.

And I predict that soon only 2-15 players will be online daily and thats it. Don´t want to waste time in a game which won´t exist next year or the year after.

As u can see the message in the end is. I quit. I won´t rage about stuff or anything. I might come back at some point...maybe when I check the server and see 500 people online, but for now....see ya in the far future (probably not) Sad

People have been saying that this game is dying for years. Actually its just the population of online gamers getting spread out evenly, I think. CS should advertise more.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:50 pm

This game has no player retention, it simply tries to milk as much money off people as possible before they finally give up trying to keep up with the meta and leave. There are no new staying players, "stable" playerbase of this game are all from the first couple of years.

Eventually CS will run out of new players to milk off to keep this game going, but it won't be anytime soon as there will always be new ignorant weeaboo teens ripe for the picking.

But this game IS "dead" in terms of its potential growth.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:55 pm

cosmicbreak is a barely animated corpse that sometimes gets kicked hard enough to make a show for itself, like with the thanks tickets spiking the playerbase for all of 2 days.
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
dsp

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Cosmicbreak is not dead, yet. Its just a matter of time as we've been saying for the last couple of years already. CS has no plans for player retention so yeah, its just finding more suckers to play it.

What should you play instead? You decide that yourself, you wouldnt play Rapelay if I told you to.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:14 am

Being a zombie, forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 am

Fuck this game

no wait, the game fucks you instead
Back to top Go down
Garmraid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Garmraid

Male Posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 4:04 am

ANOTHER ONE!?

Sh*t...a month is not complete if i don't see one of these i guess tongue
Anyway; i find those 100/150/200 ppl at all times...and often they're NOT the same ones as when i logged last time(ya know timezones) and as long as there are ppl rolling(and there are a good nr.; believe me) the game will go on...with occasional spikes for MEGA/T.Tickets/freebies/shop sales(moe & bots)/etc.etc..

tldr:"the game is forever undead"
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:22 am

Uh.. sounds like the usual amount that are online. It's just that the bazaar is going on in Ch3 that people decided to go there and afk. This game isn't dead, it just doesn't have many players. It never had. There are old players that might leave, but usually end up returning after a while. Then there are new players that come and go. Has been going like that for a really long time now. I don't think it are really signs of the game dying, it wouldn't be going on for so long if that was the case.

And if it is dying, it sure is taking its time.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 6:06 am

Garmraid wrote:

>mfw Amlim and Nemlim runs this gig.
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 8:30 am

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

Male Posts : 359

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:56 pm

most not all older generation of mmorpg players lives by grinding for exp, drops, money, etc. for many sleepless nights doing the same routine over and over again to get to the top.

most not all newer generation of mmorpg players just want everything handed down to them easy as pie.

I see most not all of these older generation players just quit because some got jobs, some got married, felt too old to play, some got more enjoyable things to do than playing this game

I see most not all of these newer generation players just quit when I mention to them how much mats, UC, RT and Time they need to farm and grind to tune their bots to power. To those that gambled their power through gara, the successful keeps playing, and the failed gets rage quit away from the game.

Happens with my friends and clan mates though. I don't know with other people. I am excluding the Initium patch since the power imbalance of zeroes are really reasonable back then.

I would say CB is like a bed ridden person with hemorrhage, no matter how much new blood you donate and pump into it, it always find its way to leak out of the person. Always dying but never dead. Always good at attracting players but not at keeping them.

Well I'll keep playing until I get married anyways. #em3
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Pork Chop wrote:
most not all older generation of mmorpg players lives by grinding for exp, drops, money, etc. for many sleepless nights doing the same routine over and over again to get to the top.

most not all newer generation of mmorpg players just want everything handed down to them easy as pie.

I guess young people became smarter than their predecessors
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 3:02 pm

Tuskin wrote:
Pork Chop wrote:

wow tuskin an old mother flowers o;
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

Male Posts : 359

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Tuskin wrote:
Pork Chop wrote:

I was pointing out to be lazier than predecessors. Sad Icy
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 3:52 pm

People want to play, not to have a second job.
Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 4:31 pm

how2quitthisgame
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 4:45 pm

IxionsagaDT wrote:
how2quitthisgame

u start off by unsitall cb and throwing ur laptop/computer away
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 4:46 pm

StickyKeys wrote:
Garmraid wrote:

>mfw Amlim and Nemlim runs this gig.

u meen perse and nicole, the actual necromancers right
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Tech romancers.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:08 pm

Tuskin wrote:
People want to play, not to have a second job.
The thing is that this desire of getting action NOW is detrimental to the gaming industry.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:29 pm

action should be NOW, you shouldn't have to get to max level(which takes a week, usually, if you fucking grind the most boring shit ever for several hours a day) in order to have useful skills and be able to access the "fun" parts of the game.

There is a balancing act between giving people a reason to progress, and making the stuff you have to do progress fun. An RPG where you don't have any skills to start with and have to grind through mashing a basic attack string isn't fun because all the fights are going to be the same. You also have to balance what you give people - if you drop 30 skills on them to start and ask them to pick a set of 5 or whatever, they'll freak out.

The problem here is really the pre-construction of characters. You start with a blank character and then explore them as you level up in fixed ways. In traditional RPGs you MAKE a character that is personal to you even at level 1. In MMOs that just doesn't happen, you get a bunch of clones at the start, 5000 copies of each of your 6 classes or whatever. It's dumb. it's not "this guy picked this class with this race and this weapon and clearly wants to do this thing and looks like this", it's "he picked this race, which sets his appearance, and he picked this class, which sets his weapon." and only after a 50 hours of playing do you start to look any different from all the other fuckwits who picked the same beginning options as you.

And NO, I'm not talking about a "detailed character creator", I'm talking about options that have actual effects on gameplay, like picking your base stats and shit.

CB is a good game in this regard because it offers a multitude of starting options. Even before HU cubes, going into low ranking rooms you'd find a wide variety of things and playstyles, because the game hands you a damn shop full of options - they aren't all GOOD, but at least there are OPTIONS and variety. That's what makes even the low levels fun. Even if you aren't able to tune you can still mix and match parts and maybe squeeze a bit more speed into your build.

Leveling up a bot in cosmic break DOESN'T EFFECT IT'S STATS, which is actually a big deal. It'll give you HP(through capa carts) but the main difference between a leveled and unleveled build will be extra carts. You don't magically get more damage or defense, which allows even low leveled things to be an active part of arena if they are played well.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:42 pm

grinding sucks because even when you have the leveling up done and the mats ready you still have a high chance of failure rendering all your effort to nothing.

also, carts are like rpg perks/feats so it's no small deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is CosmicBreak dead?   Is CosmicBreak dead? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is CosmicBreak dead?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next