Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are "Tiers"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IceCream
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IceCream

Male Posts : 206

What are "Tiers" Empty
PostSubject: What are "Tiers"   What are "Tiers" EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:10 pm

I have been seeing this tier thing on past topics regarding tuning here in gameplays and discussions . Would anyone briefly explain what is the meaning of it?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

What are "Tiers" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are "Tiers"   What are "Tiers" EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:14 pm

power ratings
S, A, B, C

saying something is "S tier" or S+ tier" means it's one of the best things in the game.
A tier would be strong things, but they aren't the best(since they aren't S tier)
B tier would be around around average to below average, things that are usable but not that good, or things that are only good in certain situations.
C tier things are bad and just don't perform well.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

Male Posts : 188

What are "Tiers" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are "Tiers"   What are "Tiers" EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Winty wrote:
saying something is "S tier" or S+ tier" means it's one of the best things in the game.
A tier would be strong things, but they aren't the best(since they aren't S tier)
B tier would be around around average to below average, things that are usable but not that good, or things that are only good in certain situations.
C tier things are bad and just don't perform well.

This sounds about right. Here's an example, in terms of ARTs (in my opinion, at least; if anyone wants to correct me or add to the list, feel free to do so)
S: Lily Rain EVE, Mialy
A: Rouche, Fia, Monica, Kagura, Albatreos
B: Lily Rain, Destructor, Victory series, Amateus
C: Cannonballer, Build Arm, Sturbanger
Back to top Go down
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RaverX

Male Posts : 1047

What are "Tiers" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are "Tiers"   What are "Tiers" EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 5:23 pm

......What bout color tiers tune wise i've been told orange and red by a clanny and i am like... WHAT??
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

Male Posts : 406

What are "Tiers" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are "Tiers"   What are "Tiers" EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 5:26 pm

those are likely to be boostrun tier

check the boostrun section of the guide here
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t13442-stat-movement-cart-breakpoints
Back to top Go down
IceCream
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IceCream

Male Posts : 206

What are "Tiers" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are "Tiers"   What are "Tiers" EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Can someone tell me what is the ranking of colors from highest to lowest?
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

Male Posts : 188

What are "Tiers" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are "Tiers"   What are "Tiers" EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:20 pm

Tune-wise, blue tunes alter your robot's basic stats (dem gamma tunes actually lower your overall stats...*shivers*). Red tunes (weapon tunes) change the performance of their respective tuned weapons. Yellow tunes (ex-tunes) are the same as most basic blue tunes, except they also improve your bot's HP with no extra cost to yoyr robot's capacity (but getting the materials for them...ugh...)

As for boost run color tiers, I used the chart from http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t7429-boost-run-short-boost-etc-etc-charts

Highest to lowest: pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, gray, brown, tan...

Lots of people aim for yellow-tier boost run, since almost all non-boost running characters run at green-tier speed at their fastest, and they throw the rest of their points into HP and either STR and/or TEC for more damage. The economy boost run core tune makes this better by making running eat up less boost, but it doesn't have any effect on the tier color (distance = speed * time; tier = speed, eco BR adds extra running time; overall result is that you go farther, but only because you ran for a longer amount of time, not because you got faster).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What are "Tiers" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are "Tiers"   What are "Tiers" Empty

Back to top Go down

What are "Tiers"
Page 1 of 1