Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?

Go down 
+55
IceCream
Silvershine
Senior Grey
Astral_Dono
AhegaoMaster
moh
Ryuuichiro
VeenaChan
ziix
Stickboy
Wah~Sugoi
mixinixz
Zwiebel Force
Kuzuha
reVelske
GasaiYunoº
StickyKeys
AnTi90d
Arti
Sakura1
aosepsa
Aurum_Sol
Winty
RaverX
Tuskin
Relict?
Gerrion
Ariyuki
thehellamireading
Shiar
Turkeysaur
Sladezero
Frizz
MagicPotatoplz
HeyMario
wolfrigus
Yggdroid
Feign
eVe Heart
UncleBobbie
uzermane
Hyoka
That_Wiesel_Guy
Aiოi ♥
fggt
Koiro
mechaRev
exoakutsu
Isdelft
colfenor1337
VeryMelon
God is a Cat Girl
Samui
dsp
MrCake
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:49 am

"my kshield accel saber has 425 hp, so it's ok for a melee moe without any shields to have the same amount"

damn rev you're right I'm sorry to have disagreed with you.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:00 am

Funny how I don't even remember I have a k-shield, it's quite ignorable these days, not to mention all the shit that hit through or around it.

How about a Pierce Renny then? In her case, she works pretty damn well as long as I don't run into a crowd of alpha air and melee, but ulike shit like Pina, she doesn't have a jailfree card.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:11 am

the purpose of pina IS to run past the things that would normally stop you from running past them and kill things that are vulnerable for whatever reason. That's EXACTLY the ENTIRE point. She's not a duelist melee who is going to shut down other melee, she's not a tank who's going to sit there absorbing bullets, she's an assassin who DOESN'T CARE about opposition.

which
you know
you have an increased capacity to do with more HP.
Does she need to be an 800 hp monster? No. She probably doesn't even need more than 550 or so, which is, SHOCKINGLY, around what she would get when you EX tune her.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:20 am

That still says nothing about why she somehow ABSOLUTELY NEEDS more than low/mid 400 HP, or at least, more so than anyone else. Once again, the point of assassin melees, or assassin anything, is to pick off things that are more or less out of position and doesn't have an entire team to back them up, and she has the means to do just that and a jailfree card for when situation does get sticky, but again, she doesn't NEED a huge HP pool for that, similar to, say, a Luto.

Sure we all want 450+ HP on every bloody thing we have, but it's far from being a necessity and definitely something smart play can't compensate for, that is, unless you are playing some fat diver.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:35 am

but a luto does the same thing, rev, and they run much higher hp as well.
it's a matter of
if you actually tune this properly
you won't have this little hp
which is what the comments were about
which is what I demonstrated with the build.
come on. Stop trying to disagree with me on everything and look at what's happening.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:48 am

Actually, wait, I think our definition of "assassin" is different and I already forgot your first post about "except she is a crowd diver", which I firmly don't believe is the case. crowd diver and assassin, as far as I'm concerned when it comes to melee, are polar opposites: One can just right click harder through a crowd, possibly even waltz out with a jailfree card (eris/ivis/reines), whereas assassins need to cherrypick and patiently wait for opportunities (luto/killicia).

From my experience with her, Pina seems to be far more ideal for the latter role, especially taking her completely nonsensical stuns into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 3:29 am

Assassins are single target damage dealers.
Crowd diving is simply referring to a situation where you have to deal with multiple opponents shooting at you - which is what pina is set up to deal with and why she has her escape teleport, while the rest of her kit(the ranged stuns) are meant to lock down a single target so she can jump on it.

pina is an assassin except her teleport means she doesn't need to plan ahead to have an escape route, she simply needs to run in, kill her target, and leave. Lutos and killicas can do the same thing, but they die in the process, so they tend to play more cautiously.
Pina dives through crowds to assassinate things - she isn't a huge AoE melee, she isn't a tank. She's not FIGHTING the crowds, she is just ignoring them to get to her target.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 4:41 am

The jailfree card alone doesn't feel like enough to warrant crowd diving, her default combos don't seem potent enough to warrant all the damage trade off. Besides, this kind of playstyle would rely heavily upon having a healer to heal off the damage you will inevitable eat up on every excursion.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 4:46 am

Guys remind me when trading RT bots, parts and stuff have been allowed:

Quote :
T>My Trizelion for your RT Kirika(Shop or Gara; doesn't matter)
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 4:52 am

Since last year, how did you not know?

Sucker
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

Male Posts : 1595

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:21 am

kamikazeattack2003 reborns:
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Female Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:50 am

Where do you keep getting these poly edits
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:34 am

2010's secret, cannot tell, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:41 am

dat back to back with Rev and Winty just started to look childish ._________.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:35 am

Elaborate.
Back to top Go down
thehellamireading
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
thehellamireading

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:28 pm

imo

winty: 1 rev : 0

Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:38 pm

your opinion is invalidated by your use of Sanae, so shut up.

No I don't know how that makes sense but God works in mysterious ways.
Back to top Go down
thehellamireading
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
thehellamireading

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:00 pm

winty : 1
rev : 0
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:09 pm

reVelske wrote:
The jailfree card alone doesn't feel like enough to warrant crowd diving, her default combos don't seem potent enough to warrant all the damage trade off. Besides, this kind of playstyle would rely heavily upon having a healer to heal off the damage you will inevitable eat up on every excursion.

ok let me explain how this works, since you don't seem to get it.

Pina wants people to chase her.
You know that whole thing where 8 players on a 15 man team go back to fight a land at the back of the base? I know you do since you feel the need to comment on it when it happens.
That's what pina can cause, and she can do it and then not die.
The more people she has chase her - uselessly, mind you, since she's going to vanish - the more beneficial it is to her and her team.
And the more HP she has, the longer she can survive with people chasing her as she tries to kill some lone artillery or healer or whatever in the back.
And then all the people who chase her sit there scratching their heads because she goes ZIP ZOOP ZABINGBANG and vanishes to saftey.

yeah shit relies on healers. Guess what? The current game is filled with cancer healers to the point where someone told me to stop using regina since it's a shit healer.

Until you accept that the very nature of the game has changed, none of the shit you type will ever make sense.
Back to top Go down
thehellamireading
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
thehellamireading

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:17 pm

Quote :
Until you accept that the very nature of the game has changed, none of the shit you type will ever make sense

winty: 2
Back to top Go down
eVe Heart
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
eVe Heart

Male Posts : 523

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:25 pm

a horse on a horse on a tree:

star coin shop reset is nice
but then those slot protectors broke at 85%
and those were high shooter tunes
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:26 pm

thehellamireading wrote:
Quote :
Until you accept that the very nature of the game has changed, none of the shit you type will ever make sense

winty: 2

+!000000!
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:26 pm

You are trying to reinforce the concept of this playstyle with some side-effect that isn't even all that potent. It's annoying for anyone with half a brain, sure, it's definitely a plus, sure, but it isn't one that warrants the playstyle when alternatives are available to offer a more reliable and efficient usage of her potentials. If anything, what you are suggesting is a gimmicky or situational playstyle, which is all well and good, but fact remains that her default HP is quite sufficient in allowing her to do what she does, which is my original point.

And as abundant as bubble healers are these days, they most certainly are not prevalent enough to work a primary playstyle around.

And me playing what I play does not mean I somehow do not acknowledge the shift in meta, I simply speak for what people consider as nonviable when they very much are for anyone who plays this game and not just letting the game play itself.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:36 pm

the only thing I'm suggesting is actually taking risks in a way that makes use of her innate abilities.
it's easy enough to look around and see that there are healers at the start of a match, not that a player like you ever takes note of what your team is doing because you consider yourself on a morally different plane of existence and look down on them to the point where when three of them are pointing guns at a cave entrance, you run right into the cave, get caught by the waiting melee, and then complain about campers.
by giving yourself an hp buffer, you allow yourself more options, including options that make great use of her abilities.
by not taking hp(your suggestion), you do the exact opposite. You lock yourself into a singular playstyle.

No, rev, I never brought up what you play, I only brought up what you type. Stop defending yourself from attacks that don't exist.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Her WB may be great for diving, but rest of what she offers are not, she doesn't even have an on-demand CV or shield, and obviously, doesn't have the natural tankiness to support that. Point is that she isn't designed for diving and the jailfree card is there primarily for getting her out of a sticky situation, which doesn't require diving to occur. The dive build may be viable, but it's gimmicky and shouldn't be considered as a natural setup for her, therefore voiding her from being considered as a "crowd diver" by me. If it is sufficient enough for you then... good for you?

And noticing healer or not doesn't make a difference, it essential means her viability is dependent solely on what others play, that's extremely potential-limiting.

And blah blah blah personal attack #2 (it's like you can't just argue without getting personal), I leeroy often for shits and giggles, it has absolutely nothing to do with... what's this, "morally different plane of existence". I bitch about camping melee because I despise melee, as I despise anything that, without effort from the user, can completely shut down someone's ability to play, such as free stuns, weapon jam, slow, slow-turn, charge-delay (congrats Sanae, you get two of these plus really goodretarded homing!). Now do enlighten me how me taking risks is somehow logically related to anything I said previously.

And HP where HP is due, it's not a matter of idiotically handicapping oneself. Some things will inevitably tank, and not being able to tank enough severely hampers their potentials whereas others will do just fine without any extra HP being added provided they are played smart. EX tune materials are not abundant in supply and are very much luxury items, so saving them for those who actually survives off it seems far more logical.

And you are talking about my "acceptance" of the meta, which may mean acknowledgement, which I do, or tolerance/to embrace, which I do not, but I don't see how that somehow automatically translates to "none of the shit you write will make sense" (feel free to elaborate), unless you referring specifically to those with bloated heads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next