Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?

Go down 
+79
Aurum_Sol
thehellamireading
0Ryuxxx
bippusuta
HashiriyaR32
duckov
Firaragun
mechaRev
Samui
dsp
CCoRS
nzlk
Feign
ISolo
MrCake
VeryMelon
Arti
Charz
Priapus
Pokenin
MagicPotatoplz
KoumakanScarlet
UncleBobbie
Aria
Silvershine
beccadmgirl
Midreus
moh
rei_hunter
Mie
Sylvia132
Valkyrie
Gerrion
reVelske
Nfi
Aethereal
zerocl
Thranduil
Turkeysaur
Seichan
Shance
GasaiYunoº
Mirien
milk
Toilet-Flusher
Relict?
uzermane
ziix
Nymph~
ViolentJustice
necrodrakath
Miko Miko Spark
Hyoka
SuperNova.pt
Alathon
Koiro
exoakutsu
Sakura1
carigun
eVe Heart
Winty
NoizeGT
HighlaN
StickyKeys
+RedCobra+
fggt
Phantomhive
Tuskin
That_Wiesel_Guy
aosepsa
AnTi90d
Ryuuichiro
Shai
God is a Cat Girl
colfenor1337
Kuzuha
Kurt
Isdelft
AhegaoMaster
83 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:01 pm

bippusuta wrote:
Koiro wrote:
Slow won't help you when your opponent has CV

It's not like they'll just completely stop being able to attack you under the effects of slow

The smallest bit it could do is make melee that has lots of travel less effective, but that's it. She would be better with HGlads, which actually does something a lot different from Slow. HGlads would allow her to have more reach and speed on her melee, which is much better than just giving her an effec that does something her melee attack does fine without it, that being pinning down the enemy. Sure Slow is more effective, but why are you giving someone who can walk perfectly fine crutches?

Slow stop things with CV from being able to escape, how is this not helping? If it's an enemy gunner that is slowed and their revenge:CV procs it lets you keep killing them instead of them being able to run away freely. If its an enemy melee and their CV procs and they are slowed (or its ivis and ur balls are huge and ur brain not so huge) you might not want to keep attacking them but it does allow your ranged teammates to kill them pretty easily and safely.

"Sure Slow is more effective, but why are you giving someone who can walk perfectly fine crutches?"
Haha, this is not that great an analogy.Tuning hglad on a melee is more like giving crutches to an injured person who needs them to function. You tune slow on things that don't need more of other weapon tunes because they can already hit well/do good damage and slow gives them a (chance based) way to beat things that would counter them if they didn't have slow e.g. swift jet bs/invuln frames from dash carts/revenge:CV. If a melee combo doesn't go through a person but instead stops on them it's probably better to tune slow over multiple high glad unless it really really struggles to hit people.

And idk, hating things because they are strong is pretty pointless in a game as wildly balanced as this one. Slow is in the game and it's a good tune and people should be able to use it without being bashed for it.

Ok let's take a good example. Ivis and HGlad vs Slow. Tuning Slow is pointless because her stunlock is sufficient without it. Slow keeps enemies from escaping, but her melee does that fine without Slow tunes. So, no point in Slow. However, if you give her HGlads instead, she'll be able to chase enemies over a greater distance and even be able to catch airs more easily with her melee as compared to Slow tunes. Slow tunes will just do the same thing her melee does without Slow tunes over the same distance as her untuned melee. The slow is just more of what her melee can already do to enemies, which is pin them down. You're throwing away cost by giving her Slow tunes. However, if you give her HGlads, it'll be easier for her melee to catch an opponent or track them, and she can do it over a longer distance or range. The same can be said for MOST things that people tune slow on ESPECIALLY Sylvia and Ivis Reine. However, I suppose you have somewhat of a point about crippling CV enemies with Slow and allowing your team to shoot at them.

As for the reason why I say things with CV being slowed isn't really helpful in any other case is because they can't be stunned. They can still retaliate and attack. If a CV melee who has heavy amounts of travel within their melee gets Slowed, then yes, that can actually help you out. But, not taking that into account, unless the CV bot in question is low on HP or you can out-DPS said bot that has CV up, you're most likely going to lose to it.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:09 pm

When I said "status effects" I meant burn or drain. : (
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:12 pm

game is ass
bipuppy go to bed
Everyone uninstall
Back to top Go down
Phantomhive
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Phantomhive

Male Posts : 507

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:15 pm

I'm with bippu on slow. It's good on almost every combo based melees.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:24 pm

Phantomhive wrote:
Highly debatable. If you have retarded stunlock, it's almost a waste to tune slow. You could tune hglad to either become twice as retarded to chase things or not tune it at all. Slow is a tune that's only good if you hit things. It also happens by chance and a "chance" to win in a fight over something like hglad that can guarantee stunlock isn't really worth it in a game like this. I can see where slow is useful, but again, you're playing a game of chance where you "might" win. This also isn't taken into account things that can negate or shorten your status like quick recovery or clearance. There's also the fact that now that everything as a status effect these days, it's possible for it to be overwritten the moment you procc slow. It's way too high risk for the reward and ends up being a waste of 30/60 cost. Status tunes in general are kind of shit these days, but that's just my two cents.

Last edited by That_Wiesel_Guy on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:30 pm

This game is based on luck. Cosmos Pot, garapon, lucky cubes, item drops, status effects, revenge tunes, core tunes...

That's why it's has too much kuso and not enough ge.

In a certain sense it's not a lot different than playing a weird hybrid of shooter and slot machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tNLvNOu9Mw
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:38 pm

bippusuta wrote:
btw dual circular shield infinity hp momiji sen is best

bu-but ammo
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:14 pm

+1 to the ppl who argu against slow
-10000000 to ppl who agree to slow

go to bed =3= and unistall
Back to top Go down
Phantomhive
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Phantomhive

Male Posts : 507

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 pm

That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
Phantomhive wrote:
Highly debatable. If you have retarded stunlock, it's almost a waste to tune slow. You could tune hglad to either become twice as retarded to chase things or not tune it at all. Slow is a tune that's only good if you hit things. It also happens by chance and a "chance" to win in a fight over something like hglad that can guarantee stunlock isn't really worth it in a game like this. I can see where slow is useful, but again, you're playing a game of chance where you "might" win. This also isn't taken into account things that can negate or shorten your status like quick recovery or clearance. There's also the fact that now that everything as a status effect these days, it's possible for it to be overwritten the moment you procc slow. It's way too high risk for the reward and ends up being a waste of 30/60 cost. Status tunes in general are kind of shit these days, but that's just my two cents.
Yeah I'm aware of how nice hglads can be but it's not to say that slow isn't worth it, in fact, I only slow tune very few of my bots, and I went 3x hglads on my eris but nevertheless slow is still pretty deadly IF it procs so I'd say it's pretty good, there were some theories that said having too much speed is bad because you melee through your opponents. Trill once said that hglads on ouka scarlet is a bad idea because you'd want the melee to stay in one place instead of going too fast and everywhere. So yeah, it's pretty subjective and preference imo.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:52 pm

I wish I can tune slow on ranged attacks.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:10 am

Ryuuichiro wrote:
That'd be too OP.

Back to top Go down
eVe Heart
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
eVe Heart

Male Posts : 523

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 1:18 am

Ryuuichiro wrote:
4 slow tuned crystas ams with 2x grange on psycho formula hd
Back to top Go down
duckov
Anime Addict
duckov

Male Posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 1:30 am

if that would be possible i would quit this game
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duckov
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 1:32 am

Even before Hikaru's BS lines, revenge tunes and CV existed, people have been tuning slow because that 15% chance for a free frag on hit is cheaper than coke.

There're other tools available to counter all that, even more effectively, but there's some effort and communication involved to make them work; and we all know what's the dominant choice.

After all, most people here will not only slow tune every melee they get without thinking, but also paratune things that clearly don't need it like Vanilla Monigga and lol Flapjack HD on stock jack.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:24 am

duckov wrote:

If Homing massive AOE main weapon disabler with good damage and can't be stunned out of haven't made you quit, nothing will.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:50 am

reVelske wrote:
duckov wrote:

If Homing massive AOE main weapon disabler with good damage and can't be stunned out of haven't made you quit, nothing will.

It actually has a small window where you don't have super armor.
Just trying to point that out.
Back to top Go down
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aethereal

Male Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:53 am

Spoiler:
19 rainbow gems on one bot. Totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

Male Posts : 1595

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:53 am

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 Wry10
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 4:27 am

aosepsa wrote:
Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 Wry10

Happened to me. I sold an Ivis Disc for 1 UC once (._. )
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:11 am

All my life. Damn birds

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 F1a130f85c
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:15 am

Ryuuichiro wrote:
All my life. Damn birds

Spoiler:

awesome.

Also that ALba with Long Moving Burst+

Nice luck xD
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aethereal

Male Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:24 am

Thanks Very Happy
I think I'm almost done with core tuning (did a pile of others too).
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:52 am

http://puu.sh/9ryKy.png

I had one day (+) away from CB and uhm, what happened? It's bazaar and there's only 2 stalls in central.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:57 am

fggt wrote:
http://puu.sh/9ryKy.png

I had one day (+) away from CB and uhm, what happened? It's bazaar and there's only 2 stalls in central.

Its been bazaar for 2 whole weeks, i'm sure they dont have a lot to sell now xD

Either that or there was maintenance earlier.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 6:01 am

There was an emergency maintenance earlier to fix that blue crystal exchange thing or something
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?   Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB? - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most random thing you've seen or done today on CB?
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next