Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Alpha-Artillery Guide

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
rei_hunter

Female Posts : 4643

Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 8:05 am

Dagomure BS's is decent at closer range, it rips open Land bots who dont take their Blast Carts.

My build on KR is the same as always, Alba BD, Dagomure BS, Illumis AMJsx2, Accel Saber AMsx2, HandyBazookax1, Cheerpompomx1... tuned to 40TEC and 38 FLY. It pretty much gets me gamewarrior, despite Ragna Barrets and other ridiculous KR Builds.

What i'm aiming for is Alba BD, Dagomure BS, Illumis AMJsx2, Kealmas AM2, Ragna Barret AM... and a Pscyho Formual HD2 not sure if it'll all fit though hum. been a longtime.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 7:28 pm

He never said anything against Dagomure BS. That's a perfectly fine BS to use for Alphastriking bots.

Quote :
Dagomure BS (Original): Does a good job of hitting stuff flying above your head, good damage output, and you can't really go wrong with dual blast zooks. The 2nd Dagomure's variant however, wouldn't recommend as much. Much more expensive, no longer blast zooks.

He did express doubts about Dagomure BS2, though.

Quote :
-Dagomure BS2: From what I've heard, not only is it fat, it's very sketchy in terms of performance.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Further updated again with more in-depth part selections.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rexir2

Male Posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 7:19 am

I find Lily Rain to be useful for psygun alpha-striking. With high starting FLY and a built-in 4-way psygun, she's perfect for float dashing. I personally have mine holding a magnet gun and phenom magnet gun, mostly for a faster firing rate and better for dealing w/ blast guarding lands. Le Reve and A.L.E. Lily are usually stronger (blast psyguns, cluster for A.L.E.), but low-definition shop Lily (the one I use) still works well.

Also, I've noticed that the environment directly affects which mobility cart is most effective. On a relatively flat area, float dash covers distance faster. If there are lots of ledges to jump on, short boost has an advantage. Most melee lands love flatlands, while melee airs prefer dropping down from above. I've tested this with my Lily and a friend's hopper, and this is what usually happens: his Lux Legion outflies my Lily and rushes me while hiding behind his shield, and I have my 36 WLK-sway fork spammer run for where his hopper will be, and fork it as it lands.

Another threat for alpha-ARTs is Rouche and her varients. With her bubble shields, she drops cover that can't be penetrated without some way to attack the shield generator. This effectively stops almost ALL forms of guns. Blast railguns can work, but I don't see this fitting into an alpha-build.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:22 pm

This is exactly why I advocate 38fly Moving Burst.

Same speed as legion while retaliating and retreating.
Rouche herself is not an issue since you just wait for bubble to pop.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rexir2

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:36 pm

@Axanael wrote:
This is exactly why I advocate 38fly Moving Burst.

Same speed as legion while retaliating and retreating.
Rouche herself is not an issue since you just wait for bubble to pop.

Most smart people packing Legion use acceleroll. 38 FLY going sideways or backwards can't compare to that.

Rouche's bubble has to time out or have its core blown up for it to drop. Lumeria's shield can be blown up just by hitting it. Also, while we sit around waiting for the bubble to drop, she can just reset it, shoot at us or call for backup. Either way, w/o backup, we probably wouldn't be able to touch her.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Son you forget the fact you're shooting the legion in the face while you pull back.

Many a legion comes after my ragna and due to that initial burst of damage and taking advantage of the tracking on his melee, making him miss and giving me more guaranteed hits, he explodes before I do.

Alpha arts aren't the most practical, but again the fact you have retarded stun and damage profiles will usually either kill air melees or get them to fuck off.

Again with rouche, her bubble isn't as instantaneous as Lumeria Shield, as in after one breaks, rouche needs to wait a bit to drop it again. That time is more than sufficient, as only a rouche confident in its team's pushing capability and in uthe fact your team has no melee rushers can afford to stay after the bubble pops. Meanwhile Lumeria has a spread homing subweapon with booster trouble, a main, explosive, high speed missile cannon thing, and Long Range. Rouche will usually have just a pump baz. Again, if you have no problem with Lumieras, rouche should be the least of your worries.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rexir2

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 6:44 pm

Meh, I guess Lily doesn't have enough firepower to match legion yet. The issue I have w/ it is the freaking shield. >_<

If you take into account friendly melees, then chances are both Rouche and Lumeria would be screwed. The point I'm making is that Rouche can't be shot out of her bubble via alpha-striking, where Lumeria's shield can be broken. Razz
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 6:46 pm

To be honest unless it's extremely imperative for the shield to break, you probably end up wasting large amounts of damage potential when you shoot Lumeira shields.
Back to top Go down
EXNova
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
EXNova

Male Posts : 712

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 6:59 pm

There are plenty of main and lock-on-sub weapons that can penetrate through Rouche's shield. Malca, Stella, Hiverion, Resha,and Mialy all can destroy that bit in seconds, meaning you're going to need to gauge the situations in which Rouche will be useful for pushing. Lumiera on the other hand, is capable of being ridiculously offensive, despite her shield being less potent than Rouche's in terms of raw damage absorption.

That being said, your focus as an alpha Artillery will always be crippling the enemy team's front line through sheer damage and massive amounts of stun. As such, neither of those bots will be your main concern, given that they tend to be played relatively conservatively by most competent players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 11:34 am

Thought I'd post this here.

With the newest additions to CB, another great Artillery Alpha Striker core has come out. Predatobytez AH. You should add that one to the list here.

I've seen a lot of Predatobytez AH Alpha Strikers lately (heck the default one is practically already built for that), and they really pack a punch most of the time! It already has TWO tough main weapons built in. It can also gain helpful cartridges such as Fast Recovery, Float Dash, and Broad Radar.
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 12:01 pm

Dagomure BS (Original) only cost 100.
the real fat is hygerkun BS. please fix the guide.

Last edited by +RedCobra+ on Thu May 21, 2015 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 10:14 pm

i don't think this guy plays anymore.
guide is in great need of revising due to large amount of new parts. Illuamj+barrieram alphas are pretty much dead, most things now are sturbamj+hecat am2 or something similar, or just nobarriers at all with illuamj+damage arm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 1:11 pm

Yes, how could I forget? Hecatocles itself is another great Artillery Alpha Striker, and its parts work great on other Artillery Alphas too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha-Artillery Guide   Alpha-Artillery Guide - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpha-Artillery Guide
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Artillery Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com