Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How often do you use the cosmiccalc?

Go down 
+11
GasaiYunoº
+RedCobra+
Axanael
StickyKeys
fggt
Sakura1
Relict?
God is a Cat Girl
Zwiebel Force
reVelske
Evalerinna
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Evalerinna
Newcomer
Newcomer
Evalerinna

Male Posts : 15

How often do you use the cosmiccalc? Empty
PostSubject: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 7:51 am

How often do you use the Cosmic Calculator? And do you plan builds beforehand or after you get that certain bot?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 7:56 am

What is even the purpose of the question? What do you seek to gain from that bit of knowledge?

Apply a bit of basic logic and I believe you are in a position to actually answer your own question.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:42 pm

No poll :<
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 1:55 pm

How often do you use the cosmiccalc? 7LJmW

Calc dabes, always use it, even for things that I don't plan to tune.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 2:46 pm

When it is late at night and when my laptop is turned off, I sometimes use the calc on my phone even though it's painful to do so.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 4:09 pm

everyday due having build buiilding problems OAO

im addicted to building stuff O3O
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 12:11 am

Relict? wrote:
When it is late at night and when my laptop is turned off, I sometimes use the calc on my phone even though it's painful to do so.

This.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 1:00 am

I only ever use calc after I get a bot I wanted to play/a bot that is new to me.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 1:55 am

theorycrafting definitely
i also calc everything before i start to tune
so pretty much daily
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 3:08 am

always use the calculator to predicted future build plan and find sad truth about bad capacity, Experiment or something like that.

Back to top Go down
GasaiYunoº
Abbey Explodes
Abbey Explodes

Male Posts : 644

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:20 am

i use the calculator about once a month, im not someone who likes to do builds with it
Back to top Go down
Evalerinna
Newcomer
Newcomer
Evalerinna

Male Posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 10:03 am

reVelske wrote:
What is even the purpose of the question? What do you seek to gain from that bit of knowledge?

Apply a bit of basic logic and I believe you are in a position to actually answer your own question.

Can i like, ask a question where no one question why would i ask a question and relate it to logic and stuff..?
Back to top Go down
Raubvogel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Raubvogel

Male Posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 10:37 am

Axanael wrote:
theorycrafting definitely
i also calc everything before i start to tune
so pretty much daily

Pretty much this.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 11:36 am

Evalerinna wrote:
Can i like, ask a question where no one question why would i ask a question and relate it to logic and stuff..?

Somebody needs to translate this for me.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 11:47 am

reVelske wrote:
Evalerinna wrote:

Somebody needs to translate this for me.

Just because you don't understand why someone would ask something doesn't mean you need to lash out at them.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 5:02 pm

I think op asked a valid question as the basis of the thread. I get the gist of what reV was trying to say in the second post, but you can observe, in the following posts, that different people use the calc with different frequencies.

It's kind of neat to see that, I guess.
It is not the most MEANINGFUL thread but it's not completely POINTLESS, I feel.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 7:21 pm

I'm just curious to the purpose of the thread.

Regardless, my point is that the answer is, IMHO, rather obvious if you have at all observed people's posts on the forum. Yes, vast majority of the members of this forum WILL use calc when they have any intentions of tuning a particular bot. The use of calc on bots people do not own is purely based on: 1. the players' fascination with a particular bot, if they have a strong desire for said bot and have a reasonably strong belief that they will obtain it within a certain foreseeable future, they WILL make preemptive builds. 2. The player having an interesting idea based on the potential of a specific bot, often gimmicky, or just simply wishing to gauge the potential of a specific bot out of curiosity sake.

The frequency of use is also dependent on the level of customization the player prefer. An older player who has a preference over part-replaceable bots with handheld weapons will likely spend significantly larger time on the calc than players who have preference over moe and other locked-part units, simply due to the level of customization. These long-hours-on-calc players are obviously a dying breed, with the game leaning heavier and heavier towards locked part moe who need little to no customization (well you can really safely say that the game has long fell flat on its side over them, in fact).

And a player's preference can easily be gauged from their choice of usage in arena and the build questions they pose.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Sora

Male Posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 7:40 pm

I use it when I got that certain bot I want to build
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 7:45 pm

Yeah, building customizable bots can be fun, but ever since cs gave me regrets rolling gara each time a blue ball came out with REGRET OMEGAD, I barely tuned anything for myself. My most frequent use of calc nowadays is when someone might need some help building some bots and maximize the stat output to see what I can come up with myself. Though sadly most of the times they're about lockpart moes getting 40str/tec 38wlk/fly these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often do you use the cosmiccalc?   How often do you use the cosmiccalc? Empty

Back to top Go down

How often do you use the cosmiccalc?
Page 1 of 1