Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i love this game

Go down 
+56
Shidokun
VietPho
NeedCheeseCake
SuperNova.pt
Kuzuha
YukiZero
Wisp
snakegourd
Mie
Nilla
Wah~Sugoi
Rexir2
rehpic
Yokura
JinNJuice
RaverX
Frizz
Magna.Zero
UncleBobbie
Fuwakomoriya
aosepsa
Tuskin
Isdelft
Pork Chop
zerocl
Thranduil
+RedCobra+
AhegaoMaster
reVelske
Arti
HashiriyaR32
BARILLIAN
exoakutsu
AnTi90d
Zwiebel Force
God is a Cat Girl
Sakura1
mechaRev
dotdotbean
Phantomhive
DavidRain
Kazejin
Shance
colfenor1337
Turkeysaur
fggt
That_Wiesel_Guy
Koiro
Relict?
StickyKeys
eVe Heart
Moghul
Shai
dsp
Astral_Dono
Winty
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

i love this game - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 11:35 am

I'm about to drop a concept about how to read the scoreboard. Lots of people know, score doesn't always reflect how well you played, so people come up with different ways to gauge how well they(or their team) did. Some use cost, some use contribution, some use damage, whatever.

Here's my method.
You divide your damage by your frags.
Let's look at some scores in this image.
https://i.imgur.com/z4Ykvco.png

I've got 3000 damage and 7 frags, which means I did an average of 429 damage per target.
The guy in second place did 6000 damage and got all of one kills.
Third place got 2100 and 4, so 525 damage on average.

Frags are extremely important in ending matches, since doing damage without killing players allows them to go back and heal. Insanely high damage scores are technically possible with the amount of healing and HP pools in current arena, with players taking damage and healing and taking damage and healing repeatedly.

The player in second place in the screencap was, from the information we have, more or less a useless player, as he basically farmed damage without securing kills. 6000 damage and only one player killed.

Of course, things happen. Sometimes someone else will secure the kill. 6000:1 is a pretty bad ratio regardless. Player HP tends to range from 550 to 800. Anything below 550 is unusually low and anything above 800 is unusually high. Some people have 1k+ HP builds, and some people are still playing 450HP units without EX tunes, but these extremes can be ignored for what I'm talking about here.

If your damage/frags ratio is between 550 and 800, you're doing well. If it's higher than 1200, you should look to committing harder to confirm on kills rather than letting players get away. If it's lower than that(like mine in the screenshot, at 428) you probably picked up some kills that other people did damage to - there was one instance where I was meleeing one target and someone else flew into me and died since they had no HP, and another where I was going back to where my team was and they were all hitting a melee and I swung once and got the kill. Subtracting these 2 kills puts me at a ratio of 600, which is within the average HP zone.

In the first instance, or in an instance where you are deliberately hunting for low HP players who are retreating from combat, you're simply picking up the pieces that other players left behind, so having a low ratio isn't really a bad thing - especially since those people probably would have healed up to full HP anyway. I can't really say "kill stealing is bad" since it doesn't really matter as long as things die and the other team gets their BP reduced, but you can't bitch others out for having no kills if you're sitting 4 kills and less than 1000 damage (which has happened to me before).
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 11:43 am

Ahh winty so kewl....WTT>Marry Winty
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Ty Winter
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Winty wrote:
I'm about to drop a concept about how to read the scoreboard. Lots of people know, score doesn't always reflect how well you played, so people come up with different ways to gauge how well they(or their team) did. Some use cost, some use contribution, some use damage, whatever.

Here's my method.
You divide your damage by your frags.
Let's look at some scores in this image.
https://i.imgur.com/z4Ykvco.png

I've got 3000 damage and 7 frags, which means I did an average of 429 damage per target.
The guy in second place did 6000 damage and got all of one kills.
Third place got 2100 and 4, so 525 damage on average.

Frags are extremely important in ending matches, since doing damage without killing players allows them to go back and heal. Insanely high damage scores are technically possible with the amount of healing and HP pools in current arena, with players taking damage and healing and taking damage and healing repeatedly.

The player in second place in the screencap was, from the information we have, more or less a useless player, as he basically farmed damage without securing kills. 6000 damage and only one player killed.

Of course, things happen. Sometimes someone else will secure the kill. 6000:1 is a pretty bad ratio regardless. Player HP tends to range from 550 to 800. Anything below 550 is unusually low and anything above 800 is unusually high. Some people have 1k+ HP builds, and some people are still playing 450HP units without EX tunes, but these extremes can be ignored for what I'm talking about here.

If your damage/frags ratio is between 550 and 800, you're doing well. If it's higher than 1200, you should look to committing harder to confirm on kills rather than letting players get away. If it's lower than that(like mine in the screenshot, at 428) you probably picked up some kills that other people did damage to - there was one instance where I was meleeing one target and someone else flew into me and died since they had no HP, and another where I was going back to where my team was and they were all hitting a melee and I swung once and got the kill. Subtracting these 2 kills puts me at a ratio of 600, which is within the average HP zone.

In the first instance, or in an instance where you are deliberately hunting for low HP players who are retreating from combat, you're simply picking up the pieces that other players left behind, so having a low ratio isn't really a bad thing - especially since those people probably would have healed up to full HP anyway. I can't really say "kill stealing is bad" since it doesn't really matter as long as things die and the other team gets their BP reduced, but you can't bitch others out for having no kills if you're sitting 4 kills and less than 1000 damage (which has happened to me before).

How about your cost when you die? Is it important to the overall score?
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Female Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Sometimes when I die my cost is lower than what it should be, wintu is a smart person Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 8:08 pm

ever since they changed the score system and updated the listed cost to reflect the death cost, it became exponentially harder to maintain a good damage:cost ratio - especially when it's possible to get over 5k cost in 2 deaths with high DPS builds by trading early kills, depending on the room size(number of players affects the bounty system which is what increases/decreases your cost on death).

"acceptable cost" varies a lot depending on what's in the game. any one player being worth more than 20% of the total BP is generally a bad sign. When I see people having more than 6k cost(20% of a 30k BP pool) I write them off as not people who aren't actually trying to have their team win - sometimes they manage to win, but I can assure you their team would have won even more if they had played smarter. It's entirely possible to break 5k cost in two deaths, but usually you won't break the 20% mark in two deaths unless you're just beating up a team that can't fight back with a high DPS unit.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation Wintydunno
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 10:47 pm

it's a shame CS has no real desire to fix some basic system-related things and make useless shit more usable. Some things don't even need to be buffed. If you take the outdated and useless levelup carts and move them to core tunes they could be lot more appealing.

Mainly I'm looking at things like revenge shot, soul eater, and antibump, but you could possibly make a case for other things like tough runner or quick boost. Or even stun regain.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 11:43 am

i love this game - Page 9 CVTY4mAVAAA9lWS
i love this game - Page 9 CVTY4lmUAAA1Dcl

the second image can also be "I got hit, my character is trash" to better apply to CB player mentality

here's what people should be thinking about:

i love this game - Page 9 CVTY4liUEAAlr3G
i love this game - Page 9 CVTY4a2UsAAXvYy

important things to note is that matchups do exist in cb. A lot of players will only use things that work well in all situations and call anything that is situational bad. I think this is really sad and reflects what they players have been taught to expect from the game because they only use the most powerful units.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 2:50 pm

I " LOVE " this game bc Game company aint Loyal to their loyal players, so yea spoonfeeding people who quit ._.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 3:09 pm

get over it, they get to have 1 thing when they've missed like 6 giveaways. Wow what blowup.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 3:40 am

vietpho charges 200usd a month
"vietpho stop charging you are a bad person you are enabling CS's bad business practices" - nearly everyone(alternate reactions involve laughing at him or mocking him in general)

certain people grind 300rt through offers each week
maybe one or two people commented on offer grinding a few years ago nowadays nobody cares or comments.

10+ people giving CS 100 dollars a month each through offers aren't a problem but vietpho charging 200usd a month is
fucking jokes
Back to top Go down
SuperNova.pt
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SuperNova.pt

Male Posts : 624

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:37 am

I get your point winty, I really do. The both ways give money to CS, yea ok, but I have so many places where to waste my "real money". So burning 20-25 minutes of your daily time to farm some roots is nothing. Im giving cs moneys? Yea, Im fine with that, isnt my wallet money. I can "enjoy" a bit of the game with the farmed roots, buying harmonics, slot protectors, rare tune up sets to tune my stuff. Rolling the garas too.

The only thing that disturbs me is Viet giving CS 200$ monthly (or even more) and rolling the garas making a video of it, bragging of it.
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:52 am

SuperNova.pt wrote:
I get your point winty, I really do. The both ways give money to CS, yea ok, but I have so many places where to waste my "real money". So burning 20-25 minutes of your daily time to farm some roots is nothing. Im giving cs moneys? Yea, Im fine with that, isnt my wallet money. I can "enjoy" a bit of the game with the farmed roots, buying harmonics, slot protectors, rare tune up sets to tune my stuff. Rolling the garas too.

The only thing that disturbs me is Viet giving CS 200$ monthly (or even more) and rolling the garas making a video of it, bragging of it.

We totally get that you're bored, you can't do your daily chores, you probably don't have anything else that is worthwhile to do, and that you don't think time is an important investment for other things. Grats.
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
NeedCheeseCake

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:52 am

@Nova
you're probably one of those people who spends "real money (in the hundred)" on plastic anime waifus and put them in your room for nobody to see but you
Back to top Go down
SuperNova.pt
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SuperNova.pt

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:50 am

@Shance
So, basically your saying that I have no life because I waste 20 min/ day checking rt offers for a game that I play mostly in weekends.

@ SoundStorm
Im one of the biggers Star Wars fan and I do not have a single article of the saga, but I should have, right? Because Im a huge fan.

That names you guys says so many times, senpai, chan (I presume what that is), kun, and other words I cant remember now, I dont know shit about it. Waifu had to google it to some years ago to see what it is.
I found the game fun, still is sometimes, thats why Im still here.

I could list a few things where I spend my money, but nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:12 am

SuperNova.pt wrote:
@Shance
So, basically your saying that I have no life because I waste 20 min/ day checking rt offers for a game that I play mostly in weekends.

@ SoundStorm
Im one of the biggers Star Wars fan and I do not have a single article of the saga, but I should have, right? Because Im a huge fan.

That names you guys says so many times, senpai, chan (I presume what that is), kun, and other words I cant remember now, I dont know shit about it. Waifu had to google it to some years ago to see what it is.
I found the game fun, still is sometimes, thats why Im still here.

I could list a few things where I spend my money, but nevermind.

I can do a lot of other better things in those twenty minutes that'll probably improve my personal and social status rather than do offer.
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
SuperNova.pt
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SuperNova.pt

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:20 am

Of course, and it is important that you make it. But the day isnt just the 20 min, at least mine.
Back to top Go down
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
NeedCheeseCake

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 8:17 am

just saying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 12:27 pm

Shance wrote:
We totally get that you're bored, you can't do your daily chores, you probably don't have anything else that is worthwhile to do, and that you don't think time is an important investment for other things. Grats.
NeedCheeseCake wrote:
@Nova
you're probably one of those people who spends "real money (in the hundred)" on plastic anime waifus and put them in your room for nobody to see but you
Fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 12:54 pm

NeedCheeseCake wrote:
@Nova

Ahem, that's hella lot better than farming rt.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Shit where are the damn offers. I need freaken 40 RT to buy Psycho Formula HD2 for overranging. It's too soon to freaken charge $200 for 1 hd.

I've been sitting on 1 RT for who knows how long..
i love this game - Page 9 1rt10
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
Shidokun
Denied Abbey
Denied Abbey

Male Posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:37 pm

Charge $400 instead Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:51 pm

VietPho wrote:
It's too soon to freaken charge $200 for 1 hd.
You can charge $20 instead.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:59 pm

Mh, what abt cellphone ofers? Iirc, you can charge super tiny amounts with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   i love this game - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

i love this game
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next