Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary

Go down 
+2
reVelske
Shai
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary Empty
PostSubject: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:04 am

CG movie to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the series and the 40th anniversary of its mangaka.

I'm super hyped for this movie; probably like any other old fan of Saint Seiya. It'll be aired in Japan on June 21th. I know there are at least two other Saint Seiya fans here, so I figured I'd share this.

Poster of Seiya:

Official poster:

The text is in white, so it's hard to read on this forum background.
Main characters design:

- Trailers keep getting deleted from YT. Please visit this link for the two nine trailers, sadly there are no subtitles available for these.

Gold Saint poster:

Gold Saint design:

Voice cast:
Kaito Ishikawa (Nobunaga The Fool, Golden Time, Tokyo Ravens) as Pegasus Seiya
Kenji Akabane‎ (Meganebu!, Star Driver) as Dragon Shiryū
Kensho Ono (Kuroko's Basketball) as Cygnus Hyōga
Nobuhiko Okamoto (Tiger & Bunny, Yozakura Quartet, Ao no Exorcist) as Andromeda Shun
Kenji Nojima (Psycho-Pass, High School DxD) as Phoenix Ikki

Mitsuru Miyamoto (Tiger & Bunny, Fruits Basket) as Aries Mu
Rikiya Koyama (Ninja Scroll: The Series, Witchblade, Highschool DxD) as Taurus Aldebaran
Hiroaki Hirata (Tiger & Bunny, Uchū Kyōdai) as Cancer Deathmask
Gō Inoue (Kuroko's Basketball, Tiger & Bunny) as Leo Aiolia
Mitsuaki Madono (Bleach, Gintama, Inuyasha) as Virgo Shaka
Shinji Kawada (Nodame Cantabile, Attack on Titan) as Capricorn Shura
Daisuke Namikawa (Persona 4 The Animation) as Aquarius Camus
Takuya Kirimoto (Summer Wars, Darker than Black) as Pisces Aphrodite
Masumi Asano (D.N.Angel, Hyōka) as Scorpio Milo
Toshiyuki Morikawa (Line Town, Gundam Wing, Hyōka) as Sagittarius Aiolos
Kōichi Yamadera (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sword Art Online, Gintama) as Gemini Saga

Last edited by Shai on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:34 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:13 am

It's nigh impossible for me to accept any other looks to saints than the beautiful bishi looks we've all been accustomed to from the original anime and manga over the last god knows how many years, looking at this hurts my eyes. This is looking like a complete reimagine of the original material, the least they could've done was stay faithful to the appearance of the characters we've all grown to love, yet without the clothes, I doubt any of them would be recognizable... they don't even have the same hairstyle! AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BEAUTIFUL MU! Glasses? Fucking really?

At least Aphrodite is appropriately hot. God damn.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:34 am

I'm not sure how to feel about the designs, especially the Gold Saint ones. The only ones I really like are Deathmask and Aphrodite. I feel like Deathmask's design fits his character very well. Aphrodite looks  gorgeous like always.

I feel really bothered by Mu, Camus and Albebaran though. The only Saint I accept with glasses is Dégel from TLC. Mu's hair color is also a bit odd, feels like it needs to be more pink.

It also looks like Camus is wearing purple lipstick? And I don't like what they did with his hair either, or the cloth. I guess they wanted to make his cloth resemble the Aquarius zodiac more by adding that thing on the shoulder.

Aldebaran's cloth looks.. awful. They went a bit over the top with all the horns. It's not even gold either. Not to mention the nose ring. Why. D:

I have no idea why they decided to make Shaka's hair orange. His hair has always been blonde, in both anime and manga. Same for Leo, why is his hair white? @ @

Shura looks sort of cool. I kinda like what they did with his cloth, and I'm lovin' the helmet.

Milo's a ninja now.

I guess that sort of sums up my opinion of them so far. I'd like to see Saga's full design before I say anything about that one. Though it seems like his cloth has two colors now to resemble good and evil?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:45 am

I think the design team took a little too much creative liberty when redesigning these characters. Man, I can only imagine the amount of backlash from the Japanese community, it'll be like Michael Bay's Transformers movie all over again. CHILDHOOD RUINED.

I really wish they'd just have kept the same hairstyle for everyone at the very least, and more androgynism allround.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:22 am

Full design of Aphrodite.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shai on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 am

10/10 would sleep with again.

Thought Mu is still my true husbando, just not this particular incarnation.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3lmjRiOnl0
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 7:21 am

Full design of Milo.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 3:22 am

Sagittarius Aiolos revealed.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:24 am

Full design of Saga.

Spoiler:

Seems like his cloth really has two colors to resemble the good/evil split personality of Saga, or Gemini in general. Only one left now is Dohko.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:55 am

The official page has turned gold. http://saintseiya2014.com/

The time bar is almost full, and the last spot of the Gold Saints has been filled. Not for a character however, so Dohko will most likely not be in the movie.

http://saintseiya2014.com/illucon/ Guessing from the URL, it has to do with some sort of anime con. I can't read this language, so Idk.

21th of June is getting really close. Though we'll have to wait a little longer before we can view it online with subtitles.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 5:58 am

June 21th!

6 new short videos have been added to the page: http://saintseiya2014.com/movie.html

Now it's mostly waiting for the movie to get published online and translated. x:

--- Edit

We already knew that Milo's voice actor was going to be female, but it's nothing new for a female voice actor to do a male role. Sadly, if you've watched the videos, Milo's voice sounds nothing like that of a man. It also appears both his eye and hair color has been changed. A lot of talk is going around now of Milo possibly being a female, which pretty much means his character just got swapped out for a different one as this would leave little left of the Milo we remember.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:10 pm

http://kotaku.com/the-anime-poster-thats-so-popular-people-are-stealing-1598986210
lol
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary is finally able to be found online on anime sites now that the DVD has been released and the movie could get translated.
Back to top Go down
GasaiYunoº
Abbey Explodes
Abbey Explodes

Male Posts : 644

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:25 pm

fun thing was that my mom took me to see the movie in theaters
Back to top Go down
Wah~Sugoi
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Wah~Sugoi

Male Posts : 576

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:20 am

I felt like I never watched Saint Seiya before.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:43 am

The movie is supposed to introduce new people to the series, but I doubt any of them understood what was going on without having seen the original series.

Not surprised since the story was awful. You can't put the entire Sanctuary arc in 1,5 hour. It won't work.
Back to top Go down
Wah~Sugoi
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Wah~Sugoi

Male Posts : 576

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:57 am

But it's pretty awesome movie in another way :^)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary   Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary Empty

Back to top Go down

Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary
Page 1 of 1