Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.

Go down 
+27
Miko Miko Spark
Zwiebel Force
AnTi90d
SeedZero
Astral_Dono
StickyKeys
That_Wiesel_Guy
exoakutsu
AnimeAelita
rei_hunter
zerocl
Sakura1
Mie
Koiro
Nilla
Axanael
Kuzuha
Shinnika
Gerrion
Moghul
beccadmgirl
pltcmd
God is a Cat Girl
UncleBobbie
Winty
reVelske
Kobrakai
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

Female Posts : 570

Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. Empty
PostSubject: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:45 am

EDIT: I will obviously admit this post was very rage driven, because this is straight unfair treatment and I'm sure many who had good fortune during this and did not touch the bugged RT will also get pissed aswell. Put it here. This just goes to show how much of a disconnect there is between the game developers and it's players, and shows that CS seriously needs to get it together and consider that the customers that actually suffer from this issue are those who are loyal customers who actually invest money. This was not the proper way to go about doing this and it was totally uncalled for on CS' part, seeing as there was no note beforehand and not a single matter of discussing this in a reasonable way was discussed with any of the player base. Also, this post is not criticizing CS' employees (Tempura, Wedge, Ramune), but rather CS' higher ups and their horrible business decisions and lack of player connection. Just a headnote before reading this post.

I seriously fucking hope those of you who also followed directions and did not spend the bugged RT and were affected by this issue are very upset about this issue, because you should be. This is absolute bullshit that CS has literally decided to punish the players because of their own mistake, and I'm not about to sit here and accept this "compensation". I am a paying customer who has invested enough money to have a voice, and I absolutely demand that CS gives an option for those of us who wish to have our accounts restored to be able to contact them as do so, even those who spent the RT, but instead give them the damn option to just pay the amount they spent. This is ridiculous, and whats even MORE ridiculous is that they didn't even give an option like this, or even INFORM THE PLAYERBASE UNTIL AFTER THEY DID IT. Are you KIDDING?

I can't be the only one fucking enraged about this decision, correct? Please post here and every single player who wishes to have their shit returned and either have the bugged RT removed from their account or have the option to just charge the damn RT to get their shit back please say something. I will NOT fucking settle for this bullshit, not when I legitimately fucking earned this shit. This is a fucking joke, and some of the worst treatment I've seen for a playerbase that PAYS for their product. You might as well fucking shove a giant dildo up every single players ass with this kind of treatment. I don't fucking care if this means CS needs to have an "extended maint." to add some god damn website portal section to organize the RT deduction or whatever, this is absolute bullshit that we weren't given this option, let alone INFORMED OF THIS WHATSOEVER.

Last edited by Kobrakai on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:56 am

You are not being rational.

So... let me get this straight. People (eg. yourself) erroneously received a large sum of Rt and charge bonus items. Instead of just waiting it out for CS to inevitably rollback, you decided to actually spend the Rt on Gara or whatever else. And when the rollback came as one would expect, you actually got upset over losing all that you've gained from the Rt that never belonged to you?

I mean, what did you honestly expect CS to do in this particular situation? What would you have expected ANY MMO companies to do? Unless I'm missing something here, you are being irrational, and you should be well aware of it. Go take a deep breath and think it through, you are making a fool out of yourself.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:57 am

he didn't spend the glitched RT, he spent legitimate RT and didn't touch the duplicated RT.
Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:57 am

reVelske wrote:
You are not being rational.

So... let me get this straight. People (eg. yourself) erroneously received a large sum of Rt and charge bonus items. Instead of just waiting it out for CS to inevitably rollback, you decided to actually spend the Rt on Gara or whatever else. And when the rollback came, you are actually upset over the losing all that you've gained from the Rt that never belonged to you?

I mean, what did you honestly expect CS to do in this particular situation? What would you have expected ANY MMO companies to do? Unless I'm missing something here, you are being irrational, and you should be well aware of it. Go take a deep breath and think it through, you are making a fool out of yourself.
Did you read the post? I didn't fucking spend the RT, they rolled back every single account that had this RT. I spent RT that I charged out of my own pocket, and that is it.

Tell me, is it "irrational" to be pissed over a company literally revoking product you've paid for, especially when you've invested a very large sum of money into the game? Is it "irrational" to ask for a proper compensation because I didn't touch this bugged RT, however my account was simply affected by it? If it is, then god help me. I want the product I paid for and obtained back, not some shoddy ass compensation. I can care less for those who spent the RT, but I know LOTS of people are going to flip a shit when they wake up to see this, especially those who weren't even aware of what was going on and would gladly take the option to charge again to fix this issue.

Last edited by Kobrakai on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:08 am

So I did misunderstood, fair enough.

That said, CS cannot distinguish between your own earned Rt and the false Rt, Rt is Rt, whichever method you took to obtain it. You should've expected a complete account rollback in this particular situation, and if I have to guess, I'd say you did suspect that to be the inevitable outcome but patience failed you. Gotta roll dat gara, huh?

I find CS's choice of action to be justified in this situation, it's one that is to be expected and within reason. Of course, the fuckup shouldn't have happened in the first place, or at least, shouldn't have waited for a whole day to fix, but CS.jpg.

This whole "pay for the stuff you got with money that ain't yours" would be great in an ideal world, but is unrealistic considering the amount of effort it would require from CS's part.
Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:11 am

reVelske wrote:

That said, CS cannot distinguish between your own earned Rt and the false Rt, Rt is Rt, whichever method you took to obtain it. You should've expected a complete account rollback in this particular situation, and if I have to guess, I'd say you did suspect that to be the inevitable outcome but patience failed you. Gotta roll dat gara, huh?

I find CS's choice of action to be justified in this situation, it's one that is to be expected and within reason. Of course, the fuckup shouldn't have happened in the first place, or at least, shouldn't have waited for a whole day to fix, but CS.jpg.

This whole "pay for the stuff you got with money that ain't yours" would be great in an ideal world, but is unrealistic considering the amount of effort it would require from CS's part.
They're punishing the playerbase for a mistake they made. I actually contacted a GM regarding this issue to be told that my account would be safe and I have nothing to worry about. I went out of the god damn way to ensure my account retains what I had because I did not touch this RT. That's obviously not what happened, and I demand what I had back because I'm not going to gamble for this bullshit again. CS never informed the playerbase of what would be done, was over a day late to fixing the issue, and didn't even consider looking at each individual player who charged that week to check their account for RT and deduct it. They just rolled them all back, and say "well I guess we're done for the day!"

That's not how you run a business.

Last edited by Kobrakai on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:12 am

reVelske wrote:

no, they have records of what was charged. They know how much RT his account SHOULD have had and how much it did have, and they should be able to see how much RT was on his account at the time of rollback, and see that it was the difference between the first two numbers.

What they have done is allow him to pay for a product and then forcefully refund the product and expect him to take a CHANCE of getting it again. I believe there are laws against changing a product after purchase, which is what they did.

Why are you defending cyberstep in this case when they have clearly wronged their customers rather than simply abusing them as normal?
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:15 am

Cyberstep is fucking up a lot of shit.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:19 am

What was the GM's exact words? And what was your exact question?

Fact of the matter is, rollback was completely inevitable. Sure, some logic can be applied on the Rt part, eg. if you still actually have the amount of false Rt, that can simply deducted even when you have rolled already rather than rollback. Then there's of course the issue of the charge bonus item, and when taking selling/crimming/tuning/equipping into consideration, things can get rather murky without rollback.

Again, point is, the rollback was obviously going to come, CS did nothing wrong in that respect.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:36 am

Deduct RT

If RT < 0
Then rollback

If RT >= 0
Then LEAVE IT BE

CS choose the easy way out.
Back to top Go down
pltcmd
pltcmd

Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:38 am

Kobrakai wrote:
I seriously fucking hope those of you who also followed directions and did not spend the bugged RT and were affected by this issue are very upset about this issue, because you should be. This is absolute bullshit that CS has literally decided to punish the players because of their own mistake, and I'm not about to sit here and accept this "compensation". I am a paying customer who has invested enough money to have a voice, and I absolutely demand that CS gives an option for those of us who wish to have our accounts restored to be able to contact them as do so, even those who spent the RT, but instead give them the damn option to just pay the amount they spent. This is ridiculous, and whats even MORE ridiculous is that they didn't even give an option like this, or even INFORM THE PLAYERBASE UNTIL AFTER THEY DID IT. Are you KIDDING?

I can't be the only one fucking enraged about this decision, correct? Please post here and every single player who wishes to have their shit returned and either have the bugged RT removed from their account or have the option to just charge the damn RT to get their shit back please send them an email. I will NOT fucking settle for this bullshit, not when I legitimately fucking earned this shit. This is a fucking joke, and some of the worst treatment I've seen for a playerbase that PAYS for their product. You might as well fucking shove a giant dildo up every single players ass with this kind of treatment. I don't fucking care if this means CS needs to have an "extended maint." to add some god damn website portal section to organize the RT deduction or whatever, this is absolute bullshit that we weren't given this option, let alone INFORMED OF THIS WHATSOEVER.

Yup I totally agree. Plus I'm still unable to charge RT since I'm getting this message:
Image:
I already sent a complaint email to CS but still no reasonable reply or fix. Very poor customer service indeed. Mad thumbs down
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:39 am

Read what I said about the charge bonus item, it adds an extra layer of complexity. They have a choice of either spending more time on a solution than what an issue like this would ever deserve, and the delay would only allow the issue to snowball further. OR just do what any company would've done, that is, a rollback.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:

If RT >= 0
Then LEAVE IT BE

You mean Rt > false Rt amount.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:55 am

Other games that I have played (old school RS, PWI) would have done the exact same thing. Seriously
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:57 am

A few days ago i did a survey and a register offer. I got 30 extra RT from it yesterday. I rolled gara and got nothing. Today I got a rollback which gave me 100 rt and a free accessory. I will not be spending this rt yet for fear of another rollback and other repercussions.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:01 am

reVelske wrote:
Read what I said about the charge bonus item, it adds an extra layer of complexity. They have a choice of either spending more time on a solution than what an issue like this would ever deserve, and the delay would only allow the issue to snowball further. OR just do what any company would've done, that is, a rollback.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:

If RT >= 0
Then LEAVE IT BE

You mean Rt > false Rt amount.

You obviously didn't read the whole post, and I'd say that I don't need to add obvious words to it.
The only RT that needs to be deducted, is the bugged rt, so, there's no point in saying it so.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:10 am

I'm being pedantic, the 0 was obviously incorrect and a result of a minor oversight, but no need to stress and get defensive about it, we all friends here (lie).
Back to top Go down
pltcmd
pltcmd

Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:14 am

Winty wrote:
What they have done is allow him to pay for a product and then forcefully refund the product and expect him to take a CHANCE of getting it again. I believe there are laws against changing a product after purchase, which is what they did.

Why are you defending cyberstep in this case when they have clearly wronged their customers rather than simply abusing them as normal?

Putting some links here since there may be case fraud done by C$:
Internet Crime Complaint
Federal Trade Comission
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:17 am

Think about this logically

If you send them a letter explaining your situation, there definitely is a good possibility of them responding to you and restore your account to before the rollback. HOWEVER

Assume they do their data backup before rollback (like normal companies would), your account will only be restored to the checkpoint where rollback happens, and minus the fake RT. That means, any thing changed from now to the point where they restore your item will be completely gone. So unless you're 100% sure you won't be doing anything and absolutely anything from now to the point they respond (couple of months from now given the work efficiency of cb employees), just suck it up and move on.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:23 am

When you are SO mentally fixated on keeping the top prize of a gara in a game like this, to a point where you'd go as far as to look at the rollback as some kind of criminal offense, you've got a serious problem... especially when there are tons of other despicable business practices you could legitimately be faulting CS.

But, that's to be expected of CB community, nothing new.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:29 am

reVelske wrote:
I'm being pedantic, the 0 was obviously incorrect and a result of a minor oversight, but no need to stress and get defensive about it, we all friends here (lie).

0 is a valid amount of Rt, so I think you are pulling bullshit on purpose.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:38 am

Truth be told, cs fucked up badly. They screwed paying customers and paid freeloaders.

This being said, if you had something to lose, you probably should have been more cautious.

On second thought, i'm just gonna roll that 100 rt. Nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:39 am

Ooooooh wait, I didn't see your "Deduct RT" as part of the sequence, or rather, I didn't see that as a sequence at all. It still seems counterintuitive though, if rt >= false rt, deduct, else rollback. That would be the more logical method instead of having a condition that leads to nothing, also the deduction becomes redundant under the rollback condition. SUCH INEFFIEINCY, but it's okay, no need to fret about it, we are all friends here (lie).
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:41 am

I'm sad that Kobrakai has gone through hell with this.

If said conversation was true, and would there be any screenshots of it taking place (and if it took ample time before the rollback), it would prove the lack of communication between the game's moderators and the designers/programmers that did the rollback process.

Kobrakai knew how incompetent was CS and has personally contacted them to prevent his account's rollback and make sure his luck was preserved. What he didn't expect was the lack of communication that made him suffer the rollback too, and for this i understand him and give my support.

Whether or not this can make an oficial complaint and demand of compensation is up also depends on the game's terms on this specific situation(don't know if the game actually has any, because the computer i'm accessing CBFF doesn't have permission to go there).

At least learn from Kobrakai's misfortune, guys: it is not safe to make exclusions of possible moderator action that includes global rollback or major changes, as CS has shown lack of communication. It would be best to simply wait until the rollback is done. If it includes a weekly maintenance, ask for the limited garapon to be extended.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:56 am

Gerrion wrote:

Kobrakai knew how incompetent was CS and has personally contacted them to prevent his account's rollback and make sure his luck was preserved.

WAITWAITWAIT, CS responded within a day???
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:01 am

Can't anwser that myself. Just gathered the facts that i've heard so far, and trying to know more.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.   Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read. Empty

Back to top Go down

Regarding this "compensation" bullshit, please read.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next