Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Android) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

(Android) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers Empty
PostSubject: (Android) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers   (Android) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 6:35 pm

This is hands-down the best 99 cents I've ever spent. Just one problem: the game is so good, it's starting to eat into my life.

Basically, it's a fixed-position TD game (as opposed to a mazing-style game) with a high degree of customization and a degree of strategy that is at odds with it's inviting graphics and easy learning curve. You have 3 major facets to gameplay.

1. Your towers (duh)
They come in 4 varieties: Barracks (spawns soldiers to block the road and fight enemies), Mage Towers (does magic damage, which ignores armor), Archers (High range and DPS, my personal favorite), and Cannons (Huge damage and AOE, slow fire rate). Each of these splits into two different styles of tower after the 3rd upgrade, and most towers can be upgraded at least 8-10 times total.

2. Your Hero
You have a total of 3 that come with the game and are unlocked as you progress. You can buy others with real-world money, but they're kinda pricy (I think there's a dragon that's like $10, pretty steep considering it's basically a $1 game). They have unique abilities, ranging from healing allies to summoning reinforcements, and some of these are better suited to different levels. Experimentation will help a LOT.

3. Upgrades
-Towers/CD Abilities
You can spend the points you earn in battle to upgrade both your hero and your towers. In the tower upgrade menu, you'll find the upgrade charts for your Rain of Fire (a devastating AoE attack that can be summoned independently of your towers/hero) and Reinforcements (another independently-operating facet of gameplay, you're able to summon 2 warriors to "hold the line" every 10 seconds or so) in addition to your towers. I'd recommend fully upgrading the Archer towers first, and then moving on to the Rain of Fire. These are the two most important pieces of gameplay early on.
-Heroes
You can upgrade your heroes with new abilities every time they level up. Different abilities cost different amounts of points, and points are earned when they level up as a direct result of experience gained damaging/destroying enemies. If they're just sitting in the back the entire time, not using any of their attacks, they won't gain any experience. You can also purchase additional heroes, ranging from a pirate to an alien to a dragon.

Here, have a gameplay video

Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: (Android) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers   (Android) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 1:16 pm

hoho, they have a new sequel? interesting.

i'll grab it when i can.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

Female Posts : 3107

PostSubject: Re: (Android) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers   (Android) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:06 am

I'll try it later

after I release enough memory

coughcoughcoughdeleteanimecoughcough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Android) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers   (Android) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers Empty

Back to top Go down

(Android) Kingdom Rush: Frontiers
Page 1 of 1