Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?

Go down 
+6
XiaoFu
Koiro
That_Wiesel_Guy
beccadmgirl
rei_hunter
Accidentally
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Accidentally
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 134

So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? Empty
PostSubject: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:23 pm

I'll get to the Diana eventually as well, but just kind of trying to concrete down my build plans.
This build is going off of a couple of assumptions/things I'm not sure of.

1. I heard clearance is pretty good on Sylvia

2. It's my understanding that 23 TGH is a solid breakpoint. Not sure if stun regain is even worth it at this point. I've heard that stun regain no longer works with cv, dunno if anything else has changed

3. Not entirely sure about the weapon tunes, I was just throwing stuff at it. (Mostly because of her serious hurting for slots)
could be:
-2x Great Grappler
-Glad + High Glad
-2x Slow
-I could theoretically change an accessory to something that's +1wlk +5capa and grab 2x High Glad (Can't be fucked to check if theres a common slotted accessory with these stats though)
-Or even just pump more TGH or something

4. Her default booster seems pretty solid, hence keeping it.

5. I've read that having negative (0) tec doesn't really matter for her wonderbit, because 50 seconds is still plenty in a crowd.

6. I'm going for 36 WLK for the normal walk breakpoint. The hopping is more for air-harass and avoiding attacks.

7. And there's no way I haven't made a silly mistake somewhere in this build, and I'm probably also forgetting a note. Take for granted that all of these EX tunes probably won't happen, though I'd like to at least EX the great tunes and the high tough.

Original:

Edit- Okay, some advice from chat says to skip the hglad and go for 3 Ggrap. I can easily do 2x GGrap, but that leaves me with 25 wasted Capa which I can't really do anything with.

2x Great Grappler:

Or I could also go with 3x GGrap but drop myself down to 38 STR, which I can't see a real way of fixing either. This drops 2 breakpoints on both her subs, which makes me question whether it's really worth it when also dropping the speed.

3x Great Grappler, 38 STR:
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 2:58 am

1) Clearance is good now because status effects everywhere! (It also adds more damage resistances for you.)

2) 20's the better breakpoint but '-'

3) Depends on your combinations.

4) Some people give her boost BS. To give her range Very Happy (or escaping)

5) not so sure about that, but wait for seomeone Very Happy

6) Not gonna Boost Run? Take Short Boost then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:20 pm

0 tech don't affect her wb at all

normally you don't exclusively tune for tgh, is kinda useless

if you have wasted capa, switch some ex high power alpha to ex high power for an additional 5 hp each tune

There are slotted accessory that give combo of stat + 5hp and stat +5 capa for any stat there is

I used 3x grappler before, it hits harder but combo speed is significantly reduced. Right now my sylvia is 2x slow tuned and it did annoy the hell out of alot of people as well as secured alot of warper kills. I haven't tried high glad yet
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:35 pm

high glad makes her melee faster, especially good if you're up against another sylvia. (Not to mention yer melee reach/spread)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Why does no one take Fast Recovery
Back to top Go down
Accidentally
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Why would I take fast recovery AND clearance?

And

beccadmgirl wrote:
normally you don't exclusively tune for tgh, is kinda useless
Not sure what you mean here. I figured tgh would be good for the extra capa because of the fact that Sylvia is so heavily reliant on being able to dive a crowd. Damage reduction and less stun seems good in that situation.

Alternatively to CAV's point, I could go fast recovery CV or something.

Also, still no idea what to do on weapon tunes. I don't really want to go slow personally, but I get mixed responses on ggrappler and hglad.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 3:40 pm

You wouldn't really want to tune tgh if you want to proc Revenge Tunes. Makes it harder.

GGrap vs Hglad is really your preference. If you want to hit BIG NUMBERS, at the cost of a slight speed and lunge reduction, then GGrap. If you want lunge really far forward and have an extremely annoying stunlock at the cost of not hitting as hard compared to ggrap, use HGlad.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 3:53 pm

you're giving too much credit for the tgh damage reduction. For me, it's barely noticable between a 15tgh and a 25 tgh. When they attack you continuously for long enough you'll either die or hit the minimum tgh reduction damage anyways.

Also, if you like your revenge tunes to proc more often, you actually want to have lower tgh cause that increase your chance to receive heavier stun, which has higher % chance of triggering revenge tune. 6% on light stun vs 15% on heavy stun per tune your pick.

With that in mind, instead of wasting capa and slot on something I barely see effect of, I'd rather use those resource to boost the hp instead. In this meta you can never have too much hp.

If I'm bored enough I'll run through the cosmic calc and give you mine build - weapon tunes
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:20 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
Right now my sylvia is 2x slow tuned
Why
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Koiro10 wrote:
beccadmgirl wrote:
Why
cause I feel like it
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:56 pm

just gonna re qoute myself because too lazy to type and people never use the search function in this forum apparently.

"More stuns/Harder stuns = more chances of Revenge tunes appearing. Take that as you will."

I would post my build for skillvia, but I don't like spoonfeeding moes like these.jpeg
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:02 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
Koiro10 wrote:
beccadmgirl wrote:
Why
cause I feel like it
Fine have fun with your wasted slots/capa that could've been used for HP or ANYTHING ELSE BETTER THAN SLOW ON A SYLVIA OF ALL THINGS
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Ask yourself if slow tunes will even be helping you with fragging people.

The targets you'll probably be focusing are probably ART and SUP types.

ARTs and SUPs have slower walk/run speed to begin with. They'll probably use FLY for mobility.

I don't know, but I'd prefer a faster combo in that case.

Then again, I probably would +1 her into some sort of clown build.
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:50 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Ask yourself if slow tunes will even be helping you with fragging people.

The targets you'll probably be focusing are probably ART and SUP types.

ARTs and SUPs have slower walk/run speed to begin with. They'll probably use FLY for mobility.

I don't know, but I'd prefer a faster combo in that case.

Then again, I probably would +1 her into some sort of clown build.
Well it isn't simply just that. She stunlocks hard and said stunlock has a big range/hitbox. No need for Slows, which are to cripple the enemy and make it easier for you to kill them, when your melee will pretty much stun them to death, and you can stunlock them from a bit of a further distance. And you shouldn't slow tune melee that has 3 hits on it, at least 4-5, 6 in very rare cases (like Ouka because she got fucked over by meta.). 7 or more though and you shouldn't even be looking at/considering status sub tunes.
Back to top Go down
Accidentally
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:33 pm

XiaoFu wrote:
just gonna re qoute myself because too lazy to type and people never use the search function in this forum apparently.

"More stuns/Harder stuns = more chances of Revenge tunes appearing. Take that as you will."

I would post my build for skillvia, but I don't like spoonfeeding moes like these.jpeg
Never got why so many people on this forums take this attitude. Especially when I made a build completely of my own accord. I'm simply asking questions to make sure there aren't any serious flaws I'm missing, because unlike the people who dump shittons of time and money into this game, I don't have the resources to try everything out. Furthermore, I don't even see who that was aimed at, as no one even ASKED that question. I was already aware that lower tough = higher chance of revenge tunes proc'ing, just not the extent to which it affects it. But again, no one asked you to spoon-feed, don't be so hostile.

As for the slow tune stuff, if I haven't already said it, I don't plan on going slow. Right now, I'm looking at what I initially had with 1 ggrap and 1 hglad, as it neutralizes the slow and adds range and force.

Aside from that, since everyone else seems to have a problem with 23 tgh, do you recommend I drop it to 18 which is the default?
This is a rough-ish build based on the feedback I'm seeing. Not saying it's something I'd use at a glance, it looks a pretty flawed.

-Swaps clearance and stunregain for CV and fast recovery
-Drops the extra tough due to people saying that 23 is too high for revenge tunes
-Added Life tunes into the 2 slots freed up by removing tough tunes

This only adds 10 hp, while dropping 5 tgh (2 breakpoints), and it has CV which seems somewhat redundant with her main block.

Spoiler:

I'd personally really appreciate more constructive criticism. Too many abstract comments giving vague ideas of what they think is wrong.

Edit- To be honest after thinking about it, I'm kind of considering just completely dropping clearance from the original build and trying to find ways to pack on extra HP, or just sticking with that with minor changes. Just have trouble seeing how dropping TGH to take heavier stuns to proc something that doesn't really make up for it is worth it. Really kind of completely unsure at this point.

Last edited by Accidentally on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Its funny how butthurt my slow tunes make you sound
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:49 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
Its funny how butthurt my slow tunes make you sound
Please learn what butthurt means.

I just think you made a dumb decision is all. Could've done something much better.
Back to top Go down
Saitama
Hostile Forumer
Saitama

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 1:32 am

rei_hunter wrote:
high glad makes her melee faster, especially good if you're up against another sylvia. (Not to mention yer melee reach/spread)
I will tune my you know what with x3 high glad so I can melee you faster and reach deeper. :3
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:28 am

Can you guys stop turning every topic about someone's build into your personal fights?
I feel like ppl shit all over guys that ask questions on the forums these days and turn it into their own fights (also stop with the spoonfeeding crap, he never asked for your build). Sure used to be different.

@OP: I'd pick clearance over CV since you stated you wanted to use her for crowd diving. As for TGH you'll probably dive in with your WB up that lasts for quite a bit so damage from behind will already be decreased (or activate it right after you went in). Ppl say HP is a greater defense than TGH these days. You also have build in CV that you could use to engage into the crowd. I'd honestly be more worried about getting a slow or powerless effect on you than to get stunlocked. You'll probably have dished out quite some damage if you jump into a crowd before someone gets to stunlock you.
Back to top Go down
Accidentally
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 1:52 pm

All of the arguments aside, I'd appreciate some quantifiable numbers. I hear you guys all out when you say that 23 TGH is too much for 2x Clearance. What would you suggest as the cap for TGH with 2x revenge tunes? Between the mixed results when trying to find TGH breakpoints, and people just suggesting the TGH be "lower", it's hard to really figure out where exactly I should even aim for. Again, I'm not asking for spoonfeeding, I'm asking for information and opinions.

Also, another build consideration based on Becca's suggestion which I never considered, of changing the high power alpha's into ex high powers to use up spare capa and get hp.

Spoiler:

This is again, the initial build I threw out, slightly modified based on said suggestion. Raises the HP to 583, and uses up all my spare capa.

Also, what breakpoints for TGH are most widely accepted?
I've been going off this:
Quote :
Novkris tgh breakpoint
TGH breakpoints for stun damage:
1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40

TGH breakpoints for damage cap:
1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 28, 29, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 38, 39

TGH breakpoints for both:
1, 3, 5, 9, 12, 16, 18, 23, 25, 29, 32, 36, 38
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Accidentally wrote:
All of the arguments aside, I'd appreciate some quantifiable numbers. I hear you guys all out when you say that 23 TGH is too much for 2x Clearance. What would you suggest as the cap for TGH with 2x revenge tunes? Between the mixed results when trying to find TGH breakpoints, and people just suggesting the TGH be "lower", it's hard to really figure out where exactly I should even aim for. Again, I'm not asking for spoonfeeding, I'm asking for information and opinions.

Also, another build consideration based on Becca's suggestion which I never considered, of changing the high power alpha's into ex high powers to use up spare capa and get hp.

Spoiler:

This is again, the initial build I threw out, slightly modified based on said suggestion. Raises the HP to 583, and uses up all my spare capa.

Also, what breakpoints for TGH are most widely accepted?
I've been going off this:
Quote :
Novkris tgh breakpoint
TGH breakpoints for stun damage:
1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40

TGH breakpoints for damage cap:
1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 28, 29, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 38, 39

TGH breakpoints for both:
1, 3, 5, 9, 12, 16, 18, 23, 25, 29, 32, 36, 38
If you're gonna do 2x Revenge: Clearance, you might wanna get the 16 TGH breakpoint. If that requires that you tune too many TGH tunes in order to do so, however, then do the 12 TGH breakpoint.
Back to top Go down
Accidentally
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:23 pm

The problem with that is that I would literally have to intentionally lower sylvia's base 18 TGH to get to 16. Also, I was asking which set of values most people use. The one I've been using is the one quoted there from Novkris. I've seen a bunch of other completely different lists, hence why I'm asking.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:43 pm

If you can EX tune, G.Power/Run Gammas are a great option for her in terms of HP/slot usage/stat gain and even solve your TGH issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?   So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, I 5x'd weekly and got a Skillvia and Diana. How's this Sylvia build look?
Page 1 of 1