Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parts Rank and Robot Rank?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zeando
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zeando

Male Posts : 230

Parts Rank and Robot Rank? Empty
PostSubject: Parts Rank and Robot Rank?   Parts Rank and Robot Rank? EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:21 pm

first of all, the letter at the top right of the bot card/form when into the garage, is the rank of the bot?
i've seen that letter varying between D, C, B, B+, A, A+ and S, so had guessed it was some sort of rank

then also parts have a rank, so far i've seen only C-1 C-2 C-3 and R-1 R-2 R-3
at first was thinking parts with C rank were worse than parts with R, since most starting bots who had R parts usually also had A A+ or S rank as bot, while C part bots had C/B or even D as rank
but now i've got from the login gara a bot with all C-3 parts and the robot rank is S
while at the same time i made up some robots from scrap parts, with all R-1 parts and the bot rank doesn't go past B

so, someone knows how do parts rank and bot rank work?
Back to top Go down
Pancakes
Pancakes

Female Posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Parts Rank and Robot Rank?   Parts Rank and Robot Rank? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:21 am

Item/part rank really only determines whether or not you can trade an item, anything C rank should be tradeable with anything R-rank untradeable.  Most gachapon/department store weapons and bots are R-rank.

As far as I know, the robot rank (called Potential) is a measure of how much that robot's power supposedly increases with levels, and proportionally how much EXP you'd need to level it up.  A robot of D Potential wouldn't "grow" much but wouldn't need much EXP to level, compared to an S-Potential bot.  You'll see the most noticeable differences where EXP requirements are concerned though, hehe
Potential can be a liiiiitle misleading for judging your robot's real battle abilities; you can definitely build a useful bot with B or A potential and a useless one with SS potential (like pretty much all of my bots, hehe).  Most higher-end bots are going to have S or higher potential regardless of everything else if you put an ASG-type booster on them (it's the booster with the flashy angel wings and it can dramatically increase the power of built-in weapons).
I think potential is really based on the robot's Cost stat and how much that increases from level 1~30, 30~50, etc. and that cost determines the power of leveled weapons... I don't know the technical bits though, hehe.

http://bps.s206.xrea.com/?defaultType=6 This is really really really useful resource for looking at the parts' stats, it may be a little hard to find the parts in the lists but the stat columns have english headings~
(for weapons, HP column is the damage they do, EN is their EN use, ENR is the number of shots, Walk is the bullet speed, Walk.L is the rate of fire, Fly is the range and Fly.L is the charge time.
Back to top Go down
http://magdalenapancakes.tumblr.com/
zeando
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zeando

Male Posts : 230

PostSubject: Re: Parts Rank and Robot Rank?   Parts Rank and Robot Rank? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:46 am

"Item/part rank really only determines whether or not you can trade an item, anything C rank should be tradeable with anything R-rank untradeable. Most gachapon/department store weapons and bots are R-rank."

ok,
the number after the C or R instead? what meaning does that have? (looking at the list it doesn't seems to be related to size or potential)

i've noticed that sometimes having a bot with parts of the same gender(land, air, art, sup, monster) and the same size brings the potential up
while changing a part for an other of different size and/or type often lowers the potential

in the parts list, it has the 'rank' column, and the '+' column seems to be related to the potential
there seems to be an hidden number related to both size and part potential, maybe those are the ones used to determine the whole bot size and potential, starting from the parts

thanks for the parts list that'll be very useful
Back to top Go down
Pancakes
Pancakes

Female Posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Parts Rank and Robot Rank?   Parts Rank and Robot Rank? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Oh!  Sorry for the confusion, I didn't even mention the numbers for parts rank because they're absolutely meaningless, hehe.  They were probably meant to indicate rarity but it's totally arbitrary.

'Tis an interesting observation about the potential changing with type, I'd never noticed that... it may be coincidence but when I can finally play again I'll have to check it out, hehe.  

Regardless of that there's a benefit to equipping parts of the same type: Land(陸) types use less EN running and with melee weapons, Air(空) use less EN dashing and flying, Artillery(砲) use less EN to fire guns, and Support(補) has a recovery over time effect and freeze/slow resistance.  Monsters don't get anything though, hehe.  With at least half your parts of the same type you'll get a benefit of that type, and it's greater with a higher percentage of parts the same type.
Back to top Go down
http://magdalenapancakes.tumblr.com/
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Parts Rank and Robot Rank?   Parts Rank and Robot Rank? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:05 am

Bot and Parts Ranking? o.o

i consider Bikini Ivis BF as A+ Rank Moebot~

Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
dotdotbean
dotdotbean

Male Posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Parts Rank and Robot Rank?   Parts Rank and Robot Rank? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:10 am

C21 rei, C21.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Parts Rank and Robot Rank?   Parts Rank and Robot Rank? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:53 pm

ahaha....

sorry o_o i didnt read ._.

stick just linked to this from chatbox, and i only read the first topic ._. forgive meh .-.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parts Rank and Robot Rank?   Parts Rank and Robot Rank? Empty

Back to top Go down

Parts Rank and Robot Rank?
Page 1 of 1