Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots

Go down 
+8
+RedCobra+
Magna.Zero
nzlk
KidGlitch
kyarashotgun
Zwiebel Force
beccadmgirl
texasred
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
texasred

Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots Empty
PostSubject: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:37 am

If you wanna survive in a match, you have to know your bot's capability, yes? Here are some classified capabilities that I've listed based on the bots' types :

1. Low Cost Bot : Low cost means low HP and dies easily. Some players found out that this type is effective, because low cost bots can deal moderate damage while keeping their death cost at minimum. To survive using Low Cost Bots, players have to play very patiently. Rushing using a low cost bot means feeding; they can't tank. They have to be with their teammates and wait for 1 to 3 enemy rush to their territory, then just pick those enemies up with teammates.

2. Rambo Bot : This kind of bot is some hard-hitting bots, can be fat or small. For an easy example, let's take Vanguards. They hit hard and rambo well if the condition is good. Most ramboers die on enemy's territory after ramboing for a while. Just make sure you deal damage higher than your death cost.

3. Pursuer : Obviously a bot with high mobility. This kind of bot can chase a retreating bot and kill him fast. Pursuers don't have to deal much damage as long as they can kill their enemy in time and fall back when things get too dangerous. In my opinion, a good pursuer don't keep pursuing if the enemy manages to survive and reach his territory.

4. Fatties : You've got a fatty in your commando? You'll have more responsibility then. Fatties have high death cost, obviously (just look at their size! Shocked ). The key to handle your fatty is, only advance with your teammates and never rush. You're fat and you're an easy target. To fight well in arena using a fatty, you have to deal deal damage higher than your death cost or just simply don't die.

5. Normal Hitter : Just a simple hitter. This bot will attack a lone bot and taking advantages. For example, a LND as a normal hitter, will only hit ARTs. They don't hit blindly, they think. If a normal hitter (LND) gonna hit an ART, the hitter will analyze his target. Is it possible to hit the target? Can the hitter reach the ART without losing much HP? Most Normal Hitters advance with their teammates, or they will be sitting ducks.

6. Hit n Run Bots : Have you ever seen a Seraph FC? I bet you have. Seraph FC is a simple example for Hit n Run bot category, because they can deal much damage in one shot, and after shooting, they escape immediately.

7. Overpowered Bots : Overpowered bots. Yeah, I bet you see this at least 1 in a match. Overpowered bots hit hard and hard to hit (although some can be hit easily by some other bots), so beware. If you have an overpowered bot? Prepare to pawn many players and get pursued often because many people hate you when you're in a match lol! . Not to mention, overpowered bots can deal much damage, mostly higher than their death cost. Although they're overpowered, if they got countered hard enough, they can die in vain because they will die before dealing enough damage. Easy examples : Eris, Ivis, Aila.

8. EPIC Bots : Well they're not actually epic; they're Overpowered Bots with amazing tunes combined with very skilled player. For example, have you ever seen a ramboing Eris which doesn't die in an entire match? That is epic. Epic bots (let's take that Eris as an example) usually solo rambo, deal amazing damage, retreat, heal, then repeat. They kill many other bots easily and escape flawlessly. Although they don't escape, they inflict an amazing amount of damage which make their deaths aren't vain, they die in profit! Why am I separating Overpowered Bots with EPIC Bots? Because not all Overpowered Bots can be EPIC. So if you're a skilled player and have at least one EPIC Bot, congrats! Because you can troll all your enemies while not getting trolled cheers 

I think that's all for the list. I hope you can classify your bot and use it according to its' function (newbies, I hope you're reading this too). I dunno if there's something that's still missing from this list, and this guide isn't perfect too. Anyway, thank you for reading, and if you think I've made some mistakes, feel free to make corrections or adding more info Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:44 am

so..... where does these bots fit in....

Spoiler:
too high hp to be low cost bots.... hit too soft to be rambo or hit'n'run.... no stable damage to be pursuit or normal hitter...... too low cost to be fattie.....
so.... overpowered bots?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:30 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
so..... where does these bots fit in....

Spoiler:
too high hp to be low cost bots.... hit too soft to be rambo or hit'n'run.... no stable damage to be pursuit or normal hitter...... too low cost to be fattie.....
so.... overpowered bots?
This. Distraction LND so fucking imba.
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

Male Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Hollows please don't post useless shit in the guides section.

About the "epic bot" section, I don't think the bots need to be overpowered to be "epic". Take in account Erohim as an example. His bots aren't at all flashy, but with his skills he still can do damn well against others.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:00 pm

kyarashotgun wrote:
Hollows please don't post useless shit in the guides section.
Well... if i were the OP i'd add another section:

"9. Pure distraction:
Focused solely on movement and hp. These bots will charge in solo into enemy camp like the rambo does, but instead of focusing on dealing damage, their sole purpose is to make at least 1/2 of the enemy aimlessly chase after an almost harmless but hard-to-kill bot, while the other 1/2 of their team get pushed back due to lack of support from the braindead people that were chasing the distraction. Other use of distraction include ambush and kill opponent's support/low hp bots using wonderbits, set disorder/drain/slow trap under enemy ps, ninja tunnel enemies in arenas like temple site, and if equiped with main weapon, scout out enemies for teammate who don't have broad radar. Some of these bots include original seraph crim + air loop, skullroid, blockie, and PEPENS"

so.... my post is still useless now?
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:06 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:

Well... if i were the OP i'd add another section:

"9. Pure distraction:
Focused solely on movement and hp. These bots will charge in solo into enemy camp like the rambo does, but instead of focusing on dealing damage, their sole purpose is to make at least 1/2 of the enemy aimlessly chase after an almost harmless but hard-to-kill bot, while the other 1/2 of their team get pushed back due to lack of support from the braindead people that were chasing the distraction. Other use of distraction include ambush and kill opponent's support/low hp bots using wonderbits, set disorder/drain/slow trap under enemy ps, ninja tunnel enemies in arenas like temple site, and if equiped with main weapon, scout out enemies for teammate who don't have broad radar. Some of these bots include original seraph crim + air loop, skullroid, blockie, and PEPENS"

I think any of the listed types of bot can serve well as "pure distraction", maybe excluding low cost bots, but then low cost hoppers are a very good distraction. It's just that they're more superior at what they can actually do. So I would not list "pure distraction" as a type of capability.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:16 pm

I disagree. hoppers are not built to survive, they're built around abusing the autoaim mechanism around hopping, and 3/4 times the 400ms latency provided by their internet service provider. They're weak to melee, and they die easily. My pepens on the other hand, built around red tier boost run movement + hp, and usually with NEXT bs to escape, making me able to survive up to 5 minutes if not a whole match having airfags, stunlock melees, arts chasing after me.
Also another point, no matter how good you're at multi-tasking, when you start trying to dd, your concentration on dodging will decrease. The idea for pure distraction is completely disregard the factor about dealing damage and solely focus on dodging.
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:47 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
I disagree. hoppers are not built to survive, they're built around abusing the autoaim mechanism around hopping, and 3/4 times the 400ms latency provided by their internet service provider. They're weak to melee, and they die easily. My pepens on the other hand, built around red tier boost run movement + hp, and usually with NEXT bs to escape, making me able to survive up to 5 minutes if not a whole match having airfags, stunlock melees, arts chasing after me.
Also another point, no matter how good you're at multi-tasking, when you start trying to dd, your concentration on dodging will decrease. The idea for pure distraction is completely disregard the factor about dealing damage and solely focus on dodging.

Distraction doesn't mean you have to survive. Of course it'd be more efficient if you survive long enough, but that doesn't mean a short time of distraction proves useless.

I see hoppers pushing people back to their base every day in CBEN.

I see suicide melees disrupting a crowd of artwall every day in CBEN.

They aren't meant to survive. However, "distraction" is still what they do, along with dealing damage, to rack up their score.

The idea for pure distraction actually translates out as "being a dick to the opposing team and farming contribution along the way". It's not a bad thing, but that's what most hoppers and suicide melees do.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:53 pm

There's a difference between "Distraction" and "PURE Distraction"
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:47 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
There's a difference between "Distraction" and "PURE Distraction"

What is it?
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Pure distraction has absolutely no combat capability. Distraction is at least somewhat capable of defending itself.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:01 pm

KidGlitch wrote:
Pure distraction has absolutely no combat capability. Distraction is at least somewhat capable of defending itself.

That, and pure distraction's purpose is to stall the opponent for as long as possible, so survival is put on higher priority than anything else, unlike your kamakazi distraction if they stop you soon enough they don't feel any pain
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:30 pm

A 'pure' distraction with no combat ability is useless as anyone with a brain will just ignore you and you won't be able to do anything at all to stop them
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:45 pm

well, I guess the word "absolutely" should be changed to "approximately" cause on my pepen there's the headbutt and on my skullroid i have a particle gun, and all of them equipped with dual slayer bits. These firepower is not very significant in dealing damage. However, that doesn't stop my pepen from not being a threat.

I've mentioned the backfield harassment purpose that my pepen have. If there are not enough people chasing after me, then I'll go to their backfield and harass the healgroup with the dual slayer bits, or any lone art in the backfield. 75% of the time it'll end up with the healer/low hp bot/lone art fragged, or my slayer bits time up/destroyed after dishing out ~300 damage. Of the other 25% situation, 95% of the times the opponent starts to come in and shoot at me, which return me to my distraction purpose, and the last 5% of time being get fragged by my target (that was a diana and an lily eve at the time).

Last thing, 95% of player base tend to chase after the 1st thing they see moves, so pure distraction have its purpose in itself.
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Looks like I'm a Pursuer type. Because I tend to use high-mobility (Air) bots most of the time.
But well, not instantly killing the target. And as stated, I retreat quickly when things getting more dangerous.

I rarely pursue an enemy while they're retreating btw.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:24 pm

nzlk wrote:
A 'pure' distraction with no combat ability is useless as anyone with a brain will just ignore you and you won't be able to do anything at all to stop them
However this is CosmicBreak 2013 - "Pure Distraction" works miracles #em3.5 

I've seen Rebecca's Pepen pretty much fucking-up the red team more than once, simply because al of a sudden these people went like 8 vs 1 Pepen and desperately tried to catch her, While having their HP molten by the bots they should have fought instead.

I've never seen anyone else doing it that effectively though. ö.ö
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:10 pm

That's not a type of capability, that's the user's way to play.

And you don't see anyone because most people with a brain would not bother with it and go rack up score by damaging things instead.

But I guess you're too downs to understand that.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:10 pm

kyarashotgun wrote:
That's not a type of capability, that's the user's way to play.

So... according to that arguement... if i build a 40tec hopper piercegun eris, eris stops being a rambo/overpowered bot capability? then YES user's way to play a bot determines its capability
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:38 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
So... according to that arguement... if i build a 40tec hopper piercegun eris, eris stops being a rambo/overpowered bot capability? then YES user's way to play a bot determines its capability

Did you not read what I posted in the previous few posts.

I said "a bot can do this, but it's superior at that, so that determines its capabilities"
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:14 am

k, name a capability that a pepen can fullfill that's superior than what I'm using it for
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:34 am

beccadmgirl wrote:
k, name a capability that a pepen can fullfill that's superior than what I'm using it for

kyarashotgun wrote:
being a dick to the opposing team and farming contribution along the way

nzlk wrote:
useless

That pretty much sums up your Pepen.

But that's your Pepen. That's not the general types of bots used by mostly anyone else.

And this is a general thread.

Do you think you can force your ideals on a general discussion thread.

I don't think so.

Your Pepen may not looks very good, but it is pretty similar to many aesthetics builds out there, like my MLG Pacifar. You can do good with it, but that doesn't mean everyone else can. You can be superior at that, but it will not be applied to general rules.

And such is player's skills, that's not determined by its capabilities itself.

OP is listing generally used types of capabilities that he witnessed, that appeared in the arena frequently, he's not here to take your ideals. Your Pepen could have went the low cost way, which in general people would do, but you chose to go the "distraction" way.

All in all, if you take in CBEN's pub to compare functionality, then everything may as well be thrown down the pit.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 2:02 am

Fine... I accept your argument. Though there should be a general capability that the cb combat system try to build around for, though most people don't feel its necessary or know it even exist. And that's one of the other roles I mentioned: Scouting

The map system without broad radar, is built around your team-mate having lock-on on an enemy. Even in the radio chats there's a message "require radar scan" and "scanning complete, result on radar" or something like that. Meaning in a intended play there should be people going around marking the position of opponents not already shown on map. These imo should be built not around damage, but around movement and sniper-sight cart to simply mark the opponent's position, and escape when have to. I believe my skullroid fall into that capacity, and if (haven't tested, so maybe wrong) I equip a gun-type wb on my pepen and it's lock-on will display opponent on radar (cause i know hippos do), then that's the missing capacity that my bots should fall under. There's no way in hell there should be a capacity called "USELESS" cause I believe everything should have some use, which got me started in pepen in the 1st place.

PS. I'm not entirely sure how the contribution score works, but 95% of the time I only get 300~ contribution even with the whole opponent team chasing me the entire match.
Back to top Go down
texasred

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 3:35 am

I'm just a normal hitter T_T

by the way, how do you guys get pepens? o.o
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 3:42 am

Either from Super UC Garapon or buy one from Bazaar.

Or RO Cube too.

( I have some spare to sell btw :v )
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:27 am

<<<<< wheres my game play tipe, i mean tactical players / team works / Support or jammers maniaks ?

Equip 3 diffrent tipe bot.
Tab radar & killing any enemy doing solo rambo in the base.
farm fire pillar ,trap and other item to destroy enemy defences line ?

where ? where ? where ? where ? wheeeeeeeereeeee mah tipe ????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots   Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots Empty

Back to top Go down

Types of Capabilities and the example of the bots
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next