Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds

Go down 
+12
Axanael
+RedCobra+
beccadmgirl
ISolo
That_Wiesel_Guy
Nfi
rei_hunter
;)OwneD)
Zwiebel Force
kosolax
ngelicdark
texasred
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
texasred

Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds Empty
PostSubject: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:09 am

OK, first of all, here's the main problem :
1. I ranked up to the pentagon-shaped-rank, which means, I shouldn't be a beginner anymore.
2. Because of that, playing in channel 3 (beginner channel) may not be suitable for me.
3. Because of that too, I gotta play in channel 1 or 2, which consists of high ranked players with (mostly) pro skill.
4. And because of that, I can't keep up.

These cause some things :
1. I keep dying in arena everytime I try to fight on the front line, even with teammates.
2. Can't kill other players easily, idk if I'm not good, or my bots aren't good enough to kill.
3. Now I gotta play as a support, healing every people when they need (sounds good though, but still, I have the needs to kill someone Mad (which can't be fullfilled)
4. Since I only excels at supporting (atm), If our defense point got spartaed by many LNDs or/and AIRs, supports like me will eventually die in time, because supports (well becoz I'm using chibis, only have 'em) can't fight back.

Now, I need some tips from those who can keep up, or have some recommendation for me, because a newbie like me doesn't know anything and have to ask around, and I find this forum come in handy, because so many people use this forum. I need some tips and recommendation on AIRs and ARTs, but I suck at using LNDs (but tips on LNDs are OK though). Before that, I wanna say thank you Very Happy

Oh, and here's my bot list (that can be brought into battles, other bots outside of this list are useless, i think):

Illumis (got this from rolling garapon when I was still in the circle-shaped-rank)
Katalina
Vanguard Fencer (I suck at this lol)
Crimrose HD (just for doing n soloing Haku)
Crim-chan
Jikun Hu-kun
Connie Sheriff (bought this just for learning hopper, but I failed, so let's skip this one out)

Note : I'm not a heavy RT user or a player that can buy RT very often, for the limit, I can only buy around 40 RT per month (but sometimes I don't buy any), because I'd rather buy food or something else more than something virtual, besides, I'm not that rich, so please don't recommend GARAPONs and heavy RT builds.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 am

Sad to say but you're gonna hafta go that route (RT) or bazaar tons.  

Spend some RT getting the cosmic premium package, it's the most bang for its buck when it's on sale and you get tune up harmonics, mats and more importantly slut prots.  Open on Weds for best effects (or thursdays if you're after more chances of generics).

VF has hard times coping with today's meta versus today's cookiecutter moes.  His two biggest difficulties are getting in (solved with things like Jet Accel BS/Brave Drive found in mega) and his need for CVeil since Sylvia now whoops his ass on every level that they match on (she got a bullet shield, WHERE'S YOURS?).

Katalina usually is built now with Flapjack AMs (sigh so meta but honestly these things broke the barrier for highest DPS with least effort involved for AIRs...) but there is a build you can go otherwise; with 2 Mini Zooks and antiairing stuff outta the sky (looks to be doable with the stuff we have available now).

Crimrose HD won't be useful for much unless you wanna be kewl like Kitouski.  (lol).  Or be a Nova spammer (which you might feel the need to be because of your RT-less state). You need the promotion from one of the UC garas though.

Connie Sheriff still a big stander but needs some tunes (AKA all of it and then some more; she needs more slots actually than what she's given).  I know hoppers are hard at first, but don't give up, learning to aim is half this game, and if you drop that, then all you can do is like..collect moes.  :/

You can start off just using one gun while and eventually getting yourself something like a force barrier LGJ to help protect yourself from obvious things (Kagura birds, Kagura yinyang shits, EVE shots, Meluc, etc) which fixes some problems of low HP and watdowithextracapIcan'tpossiblytunewith.  As you get better, you can up yourself to using MB and two guns oooorrr go sway and ignore hopping altogether.  Your choice with what you wanna do with her.  Suggest you don't drop her though; I dropped her because I need her extra 3s and I missed my chance 2 years ago to spam her gara more (I got every gold in her gara BUT her zz and now I don't even spam RT at all sigh), so use her.  She's underestimated now but 18 force pierce guns, and two of them (means tons of ammo!) means she can go lots of ways... (ex tunes and tons of tank/ranger anyone..?) Her guns will need rapid and possibly range tuning. Your choice on upping ammo or force.

And the chibis are always good lol. We need more support (GIB AMMO AND HP PLS....NEED NOT GREED..). I'm joking Embarassed but seriously I'm not.

Illumis AMJs can be ripped off her and given to potential alphag arts (Amateus Muchi, slap two handy zooks, call it a day, but needs more cap to really really shine) buuut she's the one bot you have you can build cookie cutter outta the box.  Her sub is very good, her cart selection and cap is also great (and I want her Embarassed).  Make her hop, accel roll, 31 FLY/40 TEC as much as possible (FLY much more impt than TEC) and you can do whatever you like (2 handy zooks for alpha, 1 pump bazooka + buckler or pom pom etc. Pump baz should be available in RT shop for half price due to Summer sale (ends the 11th), and can be also rolled in the UC weaps garapon).  She's the one bot in your garage that's definitely in the meta zone for sure (zzz too many Illumis zzz).

You can find most of these builds by searching forums/googling it and filtering results to be in this forum. Some of them should be tweaked but it's the gist of what you should be doing.

Long but I'm skimming the surface here actually.  Let me know if you want more info on one particular thing or something.

Last edited by ngelicdark on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kosolax
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:12 am

First of all, welcome to the forum! I hope you find here all the help you need.

I can´t tell much about Tunes and Builds (mostly because I use untuned robots), but lets see if I can help...
First of all, never underestimate a support bot. More than one chibi nearly have killed me (and two directly killed me, mostly because I was near-dead...). And they have the circles, never forget it, Art users love them.
Due to lag and my play style, I tend to stick to support bots, too. I use one or two Nicole Malice, even untuned can surprise (in Temple Site a Nicole can be a nightmare), and the bit allows you to act like a Art unit for some time (always remember she is still a Sup, sometimes I go totally kamikaze and get killed even before knowing what hit me Neutral ).
Remember too that to be a Support bot does not mean you are here only to heal. Pick a Burst Fire bit and run near your Art teammates, allowing them to rain hell upon your enemies (and not only Arts... Lnds with zooks or Airs with beams, all with Burst Shot, can be frightening)... Support bots are very versatile (I have a Geminion, and in the front lines can be a pain, with his Slow bubbles...).
With the Nicoles I tend to use an untuned HD Crim, the mobility carts are great and help a lot when running through Arcantus or Missions.

Right now I too only buy RT via UC>RT, saving for a future shop Bot/Garapon/etc... Try the campaigns, right now the Summer Angel Coins one can get you some interesting weapons/accessories.

Oh, in Arena, try the "Below 3.0 Br" or the "Beginners Set" rooms.

Well, hope I helped, if only a little!

PD: Never surrender and try your best, and if need any help, ask again. We are here to help.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:14 am

Just wnna add that you should open ur premium pack everyday. Many of the rewards seem pointless, but if you grow stacks of them they're awesome.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:35 am

He means to login everyday to collect your prize. The prem pack lasts 30 days .-.
Back to top Go down
;)OwneD)
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
;)OwneD)

Male Posts : 370

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:03 am

you shouldn't have stayed in the beginner channel so fricken long,u should have whent to channels 1 and 2 at like diamond rank that way u can get used to it early.but u do have good 'meta bots' u should be fine,there plenty of guilds on like each one of those on the fourms u just has to look.but if I where u id focus on the illuminus,katalina, and the connie.make them as perfect as u can and youll do fine.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:27 am

uh... you have to grow along with your rank unfortunately.

Dying is part of the game, if you dont die... you either avoid enough shitstorm or just plain newbie mode (Killing Trees and staying away from frontlines)

There are plenty of past players that has played Chibi for most of their life (Chibi Wars excluded) - like me. I still sport Chibis (Halfassed tunes) in Arena, mostly because they provide some decent support than most.

Also your bot list.... Wat? You still die with Illumis and Katalina? ANYWAYS...

Your bot list and what you can do
Illumis - Take handy bazookas, rip her Comet Launcher AMJ... and voila you should have an Illumis Burst. Make sure you grab her EIWs. Float Dash can be learned at 1~. If you arent sure, just tune her slots with Single FLY/TEC Tunes. Anything else that's removable, tune High TEC Alphas / High FLY Betas. Gameplay Type - Frontliner / Base Defense against Airs.

Katalina - 2 Viper/2Buckler Shields. You can keep her arm if you want. Slide Boost when you see a FatArt in range. Other than that, it requires a bit of skill. - Hunter / Base Defense against Land Rushers.

Vanguard Fencer - STR/TGH. Focus on that. Run into an enemy base, and start slashing. It doesnt matter if you die, Vanguard Fencer will rack you points. Just watch out for Reginas.

Crim-chan - Handy Bazooka/Float Dash/Dual Spike Bit - Typical UC Build.

Connie Sheriff - She's not really hopper... but she's more of a Hunter Build. She's not frontliner though so watch how you use her Melee. Her guns are pretty nice but they run out of ammo too much.

Crimrose HD - Is this FC? or not yet? If it isnt, she's decent in combat if she has Accel Roll... otherwise an FC can do wonders in Arcantus for Farming.

Your future builds~
40RT a month? That's enough long as you enjoy 50% off sales. otherwise, you have to be patient about your RT Spending. (Just dont dump into garapon unless you're sure you want Blue Balls)

UC? Pentagon Rank opens you to Level 6-7 Treasure Rushes... that's around 30,000 UC per Week if you happen to find the EN Arcantus Treasure Map.

Ranking up also gives you more access to UC.

Albatreos is in Shop, a better alternative to Illumis (+ you can use her Burst Launcher AMJ with Albatreos' Missile storm.)

P/S:

Another note, there should be an active Beginner's Room in Channels 1 to 2... so you can still play in Beginner's Rules while building up your Bot Lists.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

Male Posts : 406

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:56 am

Crim HD movement cart, air loop/accel roll can save you a lot of times. But seeing you already have Katalina you should use her instead (more dps I think) . The parasol railgun from the angel summer shop should be good if you didn't already have a weapon handy.

I've only used my Connie on 1 on 1 situation and mission. From the 1 vs 1 i've done, Connie seem to be able to fight fairly well. Using her stock part (lg and bs) with no tune, I am still able to dish out damage against newer gara bot (My friend uses me as a test subject when he gets a new bot or finalized his tunes) . In larger room, her low hp and tgh is really hurting.

For hopper practice, I guess you can try using Accel Saber core, he's uc and whatnot
here's a horrible Accel Saber build using +1 tunes
Derp build:
Back to top Go down
;)OwneD)
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
;)OwneD)

Male Posts : 370

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:53 am

nfi -.- why u no tune bazooka,why use handy normal bazooka is soooooooooooooooo much better.why u no duel slayer if u are running duel rifle bits and still have 5 extra cost.uhmmmmmm no force barrier leg joint D:.anyways.as for illumines rei suggestion is good but I personally would take off both amj beacause why would u keep it when your not really even a alpha its a waste of cost rather go for 1 handy bazooka (farming and close range use).and in the other hand a pom pom or something.just spam her sub,make her a hopper too.3 g grap that fencer don't take eiw. 40 str and just crowd dive hitting like 150?
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:13 am

rei_hunter wrote:
uh... you have to grow along with your rank unfortunately.

Dying is part of the game, if you dont die... you either avoid enough shitstorm or just plain newbie mode (Killing Trees and staying away from frontlines)

There are plenty of past players that has played Chibi for most of their life (Chibi Wars excluded) - like me. I still sport Chibis (Halfassed tunes) in Arena, mostly because they provide some decent support than most.

Also your bot list.... Wat? You still die with Illumis and Katalina? ANYWAYS...

Your bot list and what you can do
Illumis - Take handy bazookas, rip her Comet Launcher AMJ... and voila you should have an Illumis Burst. Make sure you grab her EIWs. Float Dash can be learned at 1~. If you arent sure, just tune her slots with Single FLY/TEC Tunes. Anything else that's removable, tune High TEC Alphas / High FLY Betas. Gameplay Type - Frontliner / Base Defense against Airs.

Katalina - 2 Viper/2Buckler Shields. You can keep her arm if you want. Slide Boost when you see a FatArt in range. Other than that, it requires a bit of skill. - Hunter / Base Defense against Land Rushers.

Vanguard Fencer - STR/TGH. Focus on that. Run into an enemy base, and start slashing. It doesnt matter if you die, Vanguard Fencer will rack you points. Just watch out for Reginas.

Crim-chan - Handy Bazooka/Float Dash/Dual Spike Bit - Typical UC Build.

Connie Sheriff - She's not really hopper... but she's more of a Hunter Build. She's not frontliner though so watch how you use her Melee. Her guns are pretty nice but they run out of ammo too much.

Crimrose HD - Is this FC? or not yet? If it isnt, she's decent in combat if she has Accel Roll... otherwise an FC can do wonders in Arcantus for Farming.

Your future builds~
40RT a month? That's enough long as you enjoy 50% off sales. otherwise, you have to be patient about your RT Spending. (Just dont dump into garapon unless you're sure you want Blue Balls)

UC? Pentagon Rank opens you to Level 6-7 Treasure Rushes... that's around 30,000 UC per Week if you happen to find the EN Arcantus Treasure Map.

Ranking up also gives you more access to UC.

Albatreos is in Shop, a better alternative to Illumis (+ you can use her Burst Launcher AMJ with Albatreos' Missile storm.)

P/S:

Another note, there should be an active Beginner's Room in Channels 1 to 2... so you can still play in Beginner's Rules while building up your Bot Lists.

Wrong and wrong. Fencer is not a tank bot, it's meant to hit people and run out/switch targets. If you're crowddiving with fencer, you're just asking to get fucked up.

Connie is a hopper, get a force barrier.

Regular illumis can't hit shit.

ps don't take advice from rei, it's usually wrong.
Back to top Go down
ISolo
ISolo

Female Posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:22 am

which type of illumilis?
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:23 am

ISolo wrote:
which type of illumilis?

I would assume its the old beginner enabled illumis since he's a circle when he got it, and doubt he would go to Ch1 and Ch2 to roll the illumis Q that he would not be able to use in the arena he play

However, from what I have read the OP is just suffering from what I call OP-bot-spam-withdraw-syndrome
"I are bored so I are writing short story:

My suggestion is: put your current account on hold, get enough UC for the monthly UC->RT through arcanus etc so you don't miss the free RT, and start a new account

Now on your new account, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT be tempted to get those prebuild moe crap, or even those prebuild mecha such as psycho cluster. Play your starter bots, get customizable ones that don't rely on built in weapon, and try to survive the beginner channel.

There's an important lesson that the beginner channel is created for, and its for the new users to learn their basic movements, dodging, aiming, and teamwork (though right now its used as a resort to escape from OP bots, and/or feel superior spamming OP-ranked bots in there to satisfy their superiority complex like the OP have). By not using those prebuilt OP shit you'll be more likely to have the basic survival forced into you. (Hell one day I went on my alt, picked up a auto-beam rifle from the shop, slapped it on a random lvl 1 air, and facerolled half the room with it, and that's the difference between people who have experience vs people who let their bot play themselves).

If you really want to use your current account, then join an active clan, ask the members in there to open up team fight and train with you. Same concept, no autoplay OP crap, just regular bots that able to fight back, and practice yourself, learn the things that you should have picked up during the beginner channel days that you haven't due to OP spamming
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Im using Chibi Crim~Chan and Chibi Ouka komuro for epoc every days and Give Hyper shot Buff to every PS Breaker robots in my team, then they Destroyed enemy Ps in 5 second only.lol! 

Dont underestimate Chibis, They are tiny and very usefull for every one spesially ammo supply + long ranges for artilery, healling, and hyper shots !!  

its fun using chibi because they are very cute and adorable.Embarassed

my tips :
1. use you crim chan for offences epoc.
2. tune your Vanguard fencer, you must try tune 40 str, use laz flame legs for dual bs, then play hide then seek ( hide inside tunnel, behind wall for sudden attack tactical ).
3. learn more about hopper, dont give up.
4. get more item from cosmic premium pack for tuning, and if you lucky you will get RT robot inside that cosmic premium pack.
5. get more free rt from ( take offer to get rt ) chose matomy money and goto Video tab, you just need wacht a video to get free rt every hour and every days.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Cobra76 wrote:
Im using Chibi Crim~Chan and Chibi Ouka komuro for epoc every days and Give Hyper shot Buff to every PS Breaker robots in my team, then they Destroyed enemy Ps in 5 second only.lol! 

Dont underestimate Chibis, They are tiny and very usefull for every one spesially ammo supply + long ranges for artilery, healling, and hyper shots !!  

its fun using chibi because they are very cute and adorable.Embarassed

my tips :
1. use you crim chan for offences epoc.
2. tune your Vanguard fencer, you must try tune 40 str, use laz flame legs for dual bs, then play hide then seek ( hide inside tunnel, behind wall for sudden attack tactical ).
3. learn more about hopper, dont give up.
4. get more item from cosmic premium pack for tuning, and if you lucky you will get RT robot inside that cosmic premium pack.
5. get more free rt from ( take offer to get rt ) chose matomy money and goto Video tab, you just need wacht a video to get free rt every hour and every days.

Jack, fucking Jack with his 1100 cost chibis holy shit
they are the scariest shit I swear
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:08 pm

i'd probably just go ahead and use that hd crim.
and the most simplest way to go about this is just tune it with +1 fly tunes.

here's what i had in mind:

you'll hit 38 fly just tuning all of her parts and not even have to touch her accessories.
38 fly is the best place to stop for most airs. i think?
i forgot why going to 40 was bad again.
i think it was because there was no difference in speed past 38.

if you noticed. i didn't add any other carts.
but i will recommend these: stun regain, quick land and if you're lucky to squeeze it in, broad radar.

oh, i dunno if you know this or not but most girl units that can't have their arm or whatever part of their body removed are special.
if you mess up a tune, you can junk them and they'll be completely new. that can be great or frustrating.
so in the long run. if you take my build, you can make huge changes to it later once you're more experienced and junk her to start fresh.
this is just a really, really beginner friendly build.

ok, the weapon i chose is a very old weapon but it is still an amazing one.
it completely destroys lands and can be lethal in air fights too.
and i'm not sure why i don't see many people use it.

i added a g.rapid tune on it. to give you some more speed.
making it easier to hit things.
there are other tunes that can come after it but g.rapid is good enough for you right now.

the build also comes with accele roll.
but you can choose air loop if you want.
they're just both great for being evasive.
figure out which one is better for you.

i would not recommend float dash since but you're free to give it a go.

the other hand is free, you can choose to have a shield, an item to farm with or something to boost your stats. like tech.

if i'm forgetting something important, someone point it out.

about your rt situation. you can just do offers to get rt.
matomy and super sonic ads have video offers that refresh constantly all day.
i was able to rake in about 80 rt in a day once.
you do not have to buy rt at all.
please consider this instead of buying rt.

Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:25 pm

texasred wrote:

Illumis (got this from rolling garapon when I was still in the circle-shaped-rank)
Katalina
Vanguard Fencer (I suck at this lol)
Crimrose HD (just for doing n soloing Haku)
Crim-chan
Jikun Hu-kun
Connie Sheriff (bought this just for learning hopper, but I failed, so let's skip this one out)

Everything you have is fine, and you should be able to build a perfectly competent lineup with these things if you put in the time required to build them.

You say you prefer air and art, which is fine.

I could go through everything already here, but everything's been discussed plenty already. I would suggest reading guides around this forum. Even if you can't entirely implement everything right away, knowledge is power.

If you want to take a shot at building things yourself (something I'd definately reccomend, learning how to build/tune for yourself/what you want will improve your gameplay with the bots you've built tenfold) take a look at http://cosmiccalc.appspot.com/ , a calculator type tool that allows you to accurately plan out bots instead of wasting materials and time/money.

People are open to answering any questions (well, atleast I am) so feel free to post and ask about builds before commiting to them, or just stop by the chatbox itself instead of posting if you feel as if your questions aren't enough to warrant a post.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:31 pm

>lol.  left for work.

Amazing what ppl will post for newbies.  I'm so proud of this forum (to some degree) Sad

Okay from what I understand, there is no real difference from Illumis Q or Illumis.  Frankly they both play the same, so whatever, I don't get what's the point of discussing it. Or CAV is right I really don't know I don't own either, go with what he said.

Rei pointed one thing out I agree with, float dash+quick boost is pretty key for Illumis if you don't plan on accel roll+hopping (sorry hopping is my thing, it's what for everybot if I can help it except EVE because I'm too cheap to do accel roll for her every month, plus it stinks for my current build.

I think it's not being put enough emphasis on the premium package, it's 50 RT now, it'll be 100 RT later, if you can spare the 40 RT from the month and whatever you got from video RT now, GET TWO.  SERIOUSLY.  You do not get enough slot protectors or harmonics in this game, this game trolls tunes like it trolls gara.  You need to go big on builds or go home.  If you want to get top 10 with half tuned bots, perfectly doable (I do it all the damn friggin time cuz I'm poor), but if you want better than that, you gotta go all the way.  For that 50 RT you will get a weekly chance to get 1-3 harmonics of the 20-40% range, 1-2 alpha slut prots, 1 omega slut prot, generics, superiors, stat elements; you will need these things if you plan to make hte most of what you have.  I cannot emphasize this enough.

IMO Vanguard Axer is best for meleeing with +STR/TGH kind of build; not Fencer.  Axer actually has 22 TGH built in with base stats/parts (something to that degree), VF starts with like around the teens.  It's not enough if you are not willing to cut out other things (like Cveil, that other BS I mentioned, etc) and you've already lost out 3s from your other AM parts because it's tied to your sword/axe.  VF also has more momentum with his combos versus Axer (Axer is straight up whiffing uppercuts all day everyday for stunlocks), so he needs the speed.  His combos cover an AoE in front of him, and if you move like a turtle and just wanna suicide, there is no point pouring 1400+ cost into him to give him extra HP/CVeil, etc because you will just die.  And it's not to flippin Eris or Sylvia either I'm talking about (though they will own you hands down if you rightclick whorewar them), I'm talking about the alpha arts that are so damn common, even with blast guard, unless they were Mialy or some shit like that, they will hurt.  (Plus Machinlet AMs/Daed AM2 old builds are much much MUCH better at that particular job).

I agree with becca for his/her input because that is the underlying reason why you new guys now have your own channel (we never had beginner channels before hon, there's a good reason for that and it's for the same problem you are having now).

That's all I have to add; need input from OP if you expect to pick my brains more.

Oh yeah one more thing:
;)OwneD) wrote:
you shouldn't have stayed in the beginner channel so fricken long,u should have whent to channels 1 and 2 at like diamond rank...

Okay diamond rank, no, unless you rolled like crazy nuts and got yourself cookie cutter moes to your eyes, no.  Diamond rank isn't enough to get a gist of the mechanics of the game, your bots are most definitely not enough and you don't help anyone or do yourself a favor (unless you count me because I'm eating up every circle/diamond rank I find because I know they're not tuned properly/as much yet) by dying constantly for 1k or less BP.

And I'm not just talking about how useless your bots can be or something like that even if I mention it.  It's not really about that.  It's the fact that so many of our new players are so frustrated by how "awesome" they rocked it in beginner channel that once they stepped up to plate on our leagues, they got swatted out so hard it wasn't even funny.  Like they blinked and they took 150+ damage and then went WTF.  And then they blamed it on the whole "pay2win" and shit like that when it is, admittedly, but in reality, it's also because it's a much much bigger step up than they thought.  Now they have to really learn mechanics.  Now they really have to learn minmaxing builds.  Now they really have to learn every trick in the goddamn book to stay competitive.  This meta powercreeped like nobody's fucking business.  We were lucky enough to had entered this game earlier than what it is now.  We vets were able to grow with the meta and learn with it.  The new guys aren't that lucky.  They need to be eased into the game if we want to prevent frustration and for them to enjoy what is building a bot and enjoying their fruits of their labor (money poured in or otherwise).
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:58 pm

As Trill has already said, there is plenty of Posts/guides/etc. in CBFF for you search for what you're looking for. You're gonna have to read a bit/alot depending on what you're looking for.

To go ahead and help you out (No I don't want to read everyone elses wall of text) since you said you like air/art gonna list out somethings you can get for UC.

Ballistic Launcher
This weapon is still pretty good and has always been one of the best UC options available to ART bots.
All it needs is a core with plenty of capa and the right tunes on it. Available only for M size/L size ART cores.
usual tunes are just x3 Great Rapid beta.
I do have to mention this can be gotten in Bazaar near the end of some week or gotten from UC gara (I forgot which one gives you it)

Large Bazooka
Not as readily available (I think one of the beginner bots has this idk) but really good since its a weapon only available to L ART/L Sup cores.
Usual tunes are Rapid/Force/Paralyze tunes. Just pick which tunes work best for you.

Beam Shooter Mod
This can only be gotten at Bazaars. Though its really good, Limited plasma gun/Plasma gun is still good to mention along with this gun. Available to S size/M size AIRS only.

Stardust Cannon
High Force, huge bullets, nice stun rate, if you're trying to make a L Air this weapon is the way to go for UC options. Though its 2 slotted only from one of the UC gara, 3 slotted version can be found in bazaar (or in bastagant, which is rare as fuck). Again, available only to L airs.

TL;DR
Just search around the forums here, you'll find what you're looking for.

Example build (This is just something I threw together really quick so don't expect it to be fully thought through)

Spoiler:

Try aiming for one of these "Breakpoints" for fly: 28/31/34/38

Last edited by XiaoFu on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:11 pm

ngelicdark wrote:

Okay from what I understand, there is no real difference from Illumis Q or Illumis.  Frankly they both play the same, so whatever, I don't get what's the point of discussing it. Or CAV is right I really don't know I don't own either, go with what he said.
The difference between Illumis and Illumis Type: Q is, that the latter can go full rightclick spasm, while the original one can totally ignore her core and use her stats/capa for other weapons (pretty much like an S-Sized TBG).
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
ngelicdark wrote:

The difference between Illumis and Illumis Type: Q is, that the latter can go full rightclick spasm, while the original one can totally ignore her core and use her stats/capa for other weapons (pretty much like an S-Sized TBG).

And that pretty much sums up to me as "useless for me and my purposes and I only want her AMJs." Gotcha.

Back to top Go down
texasred

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:45 am

So many good builds O_O well for the Illumis, i think i die often becoz she's still level 6 and doesn't even has float dash / short boost, which means, no escape-type-abilities.

For Katalina, well, I think I don't have enough firepower lol, maybe those handy zooks can help me out, since I have 3 slotted handy zooks which means more tune slots for fly stats

For VF, I think I should give up, since VF's attack speed and combos are outmaneuvered by other crazy moebots such as Sylvia and Eris (faced 'em head on, lost completely after dealing around 150-200 damage)

For Connie, I think it's becoz I still haven't tuned her fully, only got around 21 wlk n 21 tec, and I still gotta learn how to be a good hopper, because I don't even know in what situation should I hope to left, or right, or diagonally left/right, or anything else.

And after playing this game for days, I learned that this game is not pay2win since this game has an important support role in it. I can imagine if there was no SUPs in this game, it would've been so friggin' suck. And thanks to that Crim-chan and Jikun Hu-kun, because now I have enough SUP bot lol <3 

I"ll try working on Katalina (increase her FLY, cost capacity, and add some firepower), and hit my Illumis (level up, get float dash + short boost, raise cost capacity and add more firepower), and someone's suggested me to get an Amateus Nova, in case I wanna try attaching both Illumis AMJs on dat Ama. Guess now I gotta work harder on my customization lol

Anyway, thank you so much for the tips, all of you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:27 am

Could've hakued more for the exp up and stuff.

Oh and since you're using moes, suggest you take the time to successfully tune with 10% harmonics no slot prots and  tune some extra high boost betas on each of them (kata and Illumis) since they're so low level.  Try doing 2-3 successful tunes before you start leveling them up.  That way you can at least save yourself some grief on tuning because if you break a slot, you can junk em and start over (just make sure it's on a locked part, their arms/heads should do first, save LGs for last in case you want revenge tunes later on down the road).  

And then haku em back for best effects :S
Back to top Go down
texasred

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:14 am

lol dat means i gotta start my katalina all over again, becoz now she's lvl 8 TTwTT
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:53 pm

OH how hard I facepalmed

Answer these questions honestly:

1. how much did you actually have to move when you're using illumis in beginners?

2. Have use ever effectively used Katalina's air sway (or better yet, know the existence of Katalina's air sway)?

3. When you play, have you thought of priorities (retreat, find the sniping art that's giving your team problem, avoid fights with highflying air / super moe lnds when playing lnd, detect and report/kill enermy heal group, etc) or do you just jump onto the 1st thing that moves
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:54 pm

Katalina is meta even outside of CH3

So why don't you build her for alpha or corespam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds   Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Bot Recommendation Along With The Tunes/Builds
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next