Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Part Review] Asura AMJ

Go down 
+5
UncleBobbie
Aurum_Sol
Axanael
Winty
Jukse
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jukse
Jukse

Male Posts : 97

[Part Review] Asura AMJ Empty
PostSubject: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:01 am

Hello, everyone.

I'd like to get some insight into this RT-only joint. Specifically, on how\where it can be used effectively.

From what I gather, Asura can be pretty good to increase DPS when facing bosses, which is something I could use, since I intend on farming Berzelius for mats and yet it took me ridiculous 26ish minutes to clear it on my best run so far. (Shotgun + Custom Shotgun. No tunes)

That aside, is there any other use for it? I guess the benefits are obvious for Alpha builds, but the extra cost along the WLK\FLY penalty are just painful. Alternatively, I would appreciate any advice on how to spend the little RT acquired during Rank Ups\cheap charges in the beginning of the game (Currently, I intend on going for one of the Very Notable parts listed in March's topic).

Thanks for your patience. Any input is welcome.

Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 am

It's not good for alpha builds, aside from PS breakers.

There's things like, putting 2 kshields on an accel saber and still being able to hold a gun, though that build was used before pierceguns and gatlings were available, when a lower cost bazooka was the primary weapon for that kind of build.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:20 pm

To be perfectly honest, aside from the aforementioned breaker/boss farming builds, the only other use is probably to dick around.
Back to top Go down
Jukse
Jukse

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks for the quick replies!

After some lurking and considering your posts, I decided I'll gather some more RT\UC and sloted parts before going for the Asura, since it does seems like the kind of item that belongs in quite specific builds. I do have an Accel in my garage, though, so I might give the 2x Kshield build a go sometime.

Either way, thanks again, Winty and Ace. Unless somebody else has something else to say, I think we can lock this thread.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 4:24 pm

you may want to take a look at the S-Sized bot lupette
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
you may want to take a look at the S-Sized bot lupette

Here let me translate out of hipster language:

"hi my name is aurum and I would like to provide these select pieces of information to you but not really for some reason.
This is what I want to communicate:
1. I do not know anything about this game as lupette is actually M-sized
2. she comes with 2 AMJs that serve the same purpose as asura AMJs but at a reduced cost

thank you for reading my post I am aurum_sol"
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:58 pm

oh look at that. i made a mistake, you must be really happy winty. why dont you try to bitch some more about it, just so you can make yourself feel better :> .

on a sidenote:
are you that pissed of that you missed mentioning them yourself or are you just trying to keep up some kind of forum-character?
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:15 pm

This shit is funny.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Let's see
I was giving out information at hand. He asked about the uses of asura joints, so I gave information on the uses of them. Lupette joints serve the exact same purpose and any information I gave out applies to them in the exact same way it applies to asura joints.
Additionally, if you had given out your information instead of playing your stupid little game, you wouldn't have needed to mention her size at all and wouldn't have made a mistake. Then again, I'd never expect you to do such a thing, as you seem to have some sort of "forum character" of your own to keep up in being completely fucking useless when it comes to posting replies on a forum called "gameplay discussions/questions", the one place where you'd actually expect people to post real information.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:40 pm

UncleBobbie wrote:
This shit is funny.

Spoiler:

if it wasnt fun these "discussions" wouldnt come to be
onasidenote: most stuff reliant to the topic is written by now anyways

Quote :
Additionally, if you had given out your information instead of playing your stupid little game, ...

the only reason why someone would mention stuff in this topic is because it is related to this topic, mentioning the size is to help finding it which would help in any case (if it was the correct value)
this is pretty much all the information needed for it to be relevant to the topic, even if they wouldnt actually have less cost and only featured a different skin

there is really no reason to start some kind of show out of it just because its your habit to do so when all that was relevant was correcting the mistake about the size
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:03 pm

In English:

Lupette is a LND bot in the shop for ~100rt that comes with two AMJs that also allow for the addition of one extra AM per joint. The advantages of this AMJ over the Asura is that they are 20 cost rather than 40 and that their Stat penalties are lower. However, they introduce a HP penalty as well. Not to mention their bears are creepy.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
In English:

Lupette is a LND bot in the shop for ~100rt that comes with two AMJs that also allow for the addition of one extra AM per joint. The advantages of this AMJ over the Asura is that they are 20 cost rather than 40 and that their Stat penalties are lower. However, they introduce a HP penalty as well. Not to mention their bears are creepy.

Slightly inaccurate. The stat penalties for both Asura and Lupette AMJ are exactly the same, even the negative HP part. the only sole difference number-wise is that Lupette's AMJ costs 20, and Asura costs 40.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 pm

...and Lupette AMJs have different idle animation :v
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Magna.Zero wrote:
...and Lupette AMJs have different idle animation :v

This is also very, very important. :Db
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Lupette herself is quite good looking oneechan. But well, her stats are hard. Not much player using her.

Anyway, back to topic, as people mentioned above, Asura AMJs are good for some purposes like PS Breaker or Bastagant bosses killer. Using it outside of quest/PS breaking...just wasting your stats + cost.

You might want 4x Custom Shotgun for anti Berzelius/Epoch PS Breaker bot. :v
Back to top Go down
exoakutsu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
exoakutsu

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
In English:

I love the bears Very Happy
And lets not forget that the bears hold puppets.
Other than that, asura amj can also be used most commonly for machinlet arm builds when you want 2x kshield or something else.
Back to top Go down
Jukse
Jukse

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:06 am

Hum, Lupette's AMJs indeed seem to outclass Asura's and I guess having another bot around is never a bad thing. Just for the record, I assembled an Aquila using some stock parts and managed to cut each Bez run to about 15~17 minutes Alpha-ing the internal weapon along two shotguns.

Since it looks like pretty much the get-go weapon for this sort of thing, though, I wonder where I could get some Custom Shotguns. I've been using one (3s) for a while now but I have no idea about where did it come from.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 am

Searching isn't hard at all. Do it yourself before asking next time.
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t4596-custom-shotguns

Also, try to keep off-topic short.
Back to top Go down
Jukse
Jukse

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:53 am

Sorry about that. I didn't see this one when trying to find it.

Apologies for derailing, also. Won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Part Review] Asura AMJ   [Part Review] Asura AMJ Empty

Back to top Go down

[Part Review] Asura AMJ
Page 1 of 1