Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, uh, new here.

Go down 
+13
Hinanawi_Tenshi
HashiriyaR32
beccadmgirl
KidGlitch
Koiro
Trill
ngelicdark
Zwiebel Force
Wataboutmi
Relict?
zerocl
XiaoFu
Richitt
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Richitt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Richitt

So, uh, new here. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Oh. So, overall, it's more effective to stack tec/rapid tunes with a few def ones than to keep the amj?
I'm only asking this since my only decent art is this one, and I could possibly get another art with survey rt, but if possible I want to go for a diff type of robot (basically,are the joints not good on her)
Back to top Go down
Hinanawi_Tenshi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hinanawi_Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Richitt wrote:
Oh. So, overall, it's more effective to stack tec/rapid tunes with a few def ones than to keep the amj?
I'm only asking this since my only decent art is this one, and I could possibly get another art with survey rt, but if possible I want to go for a diff type of robot (basically,are the joints not good on her)

If you really want you can try and keep the arm joints and test out how effective it is for you. If you feel that it works well for you, go ahead and try to keep the joints but if you feel that it's not that effective in comparison to not having them as well as using a better defence weapon would help you more then you can take it off.

Not to mention there are many more weapons that can has higher force/do more damage, work more efficiently in most situations, faster, more accurate and cost much, much less then the 2 joints giving you more opportunity to customize and work to make your Illumis better.

Not saying the arm joints aren't good on her, since her arm joints are what cause people to vomit in rage in most arena matches and I get a feeling people might be asking you to get rid of it so they don't have to deal with it lol, but it might probably be better off on another bot.
Back to top Go down
Richitt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Richitt

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Thanks.

And by defensive weapons, you mean...
o-o
Back to top Go down
Hinanawi_Tenshi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hinanawi_Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Richitt wrote:
Thanks.

And by defensive weapons, you mean...
o-o

Basically something that you can wield to be able to attack from far but also be able to defend yourself in mid-range or in worst cases, close range like some other weapon I believe that is mention on the earlier pages. The last thing you ever want with an art type is be caught in close range and can do nothing but try to run because you have no close range weapon for defense.

I know because I lost count of how many times an enemy got close to me and all I can do is try to run while laugh and effortlessly rape my bot's fat ass. It's especially bad when it's a sneak attack or when most of your teammates far away from you.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Defensive weapons that are considered for ART types usually go with the tried and trusted Slice Gun because of their +1 fly stat and their innate beam type damage that is pretty good against opposing LND types that try to hit you.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:48 pm

It's suprising how often airs will close the gap, so some sort of bazooka weaponry is nice. Handy Baz is slightly better statwise than Mini Baz, and has a higher bullet too. AFAIK it only gives -1 to walk/fly vs mini's -2 to both. Mini Baz's main use is on airs, one of the only bazookas they get.
Back to top Go down
Hinanawi_Tenshi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hinanawi_Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Trill wrote:
It's suprising how often airs will close the gap, so some sort of bazooka weaponry is nice. Handy Baz is slightly better statwise than Mini Baz, and has a higher bullet too. AFAIK it only gives -1 to walk/fly vs mini's -2 to both. Mini Baz's main use is on airs, one of the only bazookas they get.

I also believe if you happen to have a blow Bazooka it'll be a good defense weapon. The blowzook is a M type so small type bots can use it, as well as having a fast firing rate, a good range and does very decent damage. The bullets are also huge as well as explode like the missles you see from the hipporoids so it's very useful to take down air types. The only downside is that it does cost alot(about 100 or so cap) and reduce wlk and fly both by 1.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Handy Bazooka:
S
40 Cost
150 Ammo
-1 WLK
-1 FLY
25 Force
240 Range
275 Speed
700 INT

Blow Bazooka:
M
100 Cost
130 Ammo
-1 WLK
-1 FLY
26 Force
245 Range
300 Speed
500 INT

I do not think Blow Bazooka is worth 60 extra cost, personally. You'd be hard-pressed to find a build that utilizes Blow Bazooka without being more efficient with another bazooka-type of weaponry.
Back to top Go down
Hinanawi_Tenshi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hinanawi_Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:03 am

Relict? wrote:
Handy Bazooka:
S
40 Cost
150 Ammo
-1 WLK
-1 FLY
25 Force
240 Range
275 Speed
700 INT

Blow Bazooka:
M
100 Cost
130 Ammo
-1 WLK
-1 FLY
26 Force
245 Range
300 Speed
500 INT

I do not think Blow Bazooka is worth 60 extra cost, personally. You'd be hard-pressed to find a build that utilizes Blow Bazooka without being more efficient with another bazooka-type of weaponry.

Well, I guess you're right. The fact that it was a UC wep drop does make it harder to come by then handy.
Back to top Go down
Richitt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Richitt

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:31 am

Hinanawi_Tenshi wrote:
Relict? wrote:
Handy Bazooka:
S
40 Cost
150 Ammo
-1 WLK
-1 FLY
25 Force
240 Range
275 Speed
700 INT

Blow Bazooka:
M
100 Cost
130 Ammo
-1 WLK
-1 FLY
26 Force
245 Range
300 Speed
500 INT

Well, I guess you're right. The fact that it was a UC wep drop does make it harder to come by then handy.

Eh. But aren't handy Bazookas in the UC store? I just bought one.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:26 am

handy zooka can come in 3slots instead of 1slot. uc gara still gives them out but it would be better to buy a 3s handy zooka from someon e in bazaar
Back to top Go down
Richitt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Richitt

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:29 am

Oh, okay. I see the difference now.

Anyways, so I managed to fill out/do a whole bunch more surveys.

Would it be recommended that I test my luck at another garapon, or buy a robo from the store? (Are all the ones there 50% off, or just some?)

I'm looking at mostly the moebots in the store, but isn't sure if any of them are worth it.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:17 am

Most of the moes in the shop are worth it to a degree, Connie is a great gunner, Renny works well as a hopper/gunner aswell, Patty works well too. Kata is a really versetile M air, Ouka is outdated more or less but she's one of your better options for UC melee. School Ion comes with her Water Flower (or whatever it's called) main weapon that is an exact copy statwise of Garapon version of Ion. School Ion is definately more capa tight than regular Ion though, in exchange for a BD weapon with high force and a LG subweapon buff. I'd honestly avoid Rinka Lynx, if you want to play around with one, the UC one functions at the same (bad) level as the RT one. Lupette is a decent M size core with what effectively is two Asura AMj. Would suggest buying her over Asura AMj if you ever need them. Lala Ricotte is ok in terms of UC supports with gimmicks, but her lowered dance ammo gimps her due to the inability to refill it like gara Lala. There's other (shop) builds that would outperform her if you're interested in playing support.

Though they're not moe; Albatreos, Genbura, Geo F, Pacifar, Dugdriver (especially if you buy Albatreos), and Seiron (+ Blitzelt if you buy Seiron, having Blitzelt BS for Seiron HD builds is invaluable) are really all worthwhile buys. I'd make it an attempt to buy all of these before the sale ends personally, as these are all pretty much gara-teir bots that're still capable of a -lot-, probably because they all were gara bots at one point :V. Out of the moes I would suggest trying to grab Kata, Patty, Connie, and Renny. Ion isn't affected by the sale so it's no rush in buying her, same with Lupette and Rinka.

Depending on what bots you have there might be other bots worth picking up too.
Back to top Go down
Richitt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Richitt

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:28 am

Trill wrote:
Most of the moes in the shop are worth it to a degree, Connie is a great gunner, Renny works well as a hopper/gunner aswell, Patty works well too. Kata is a really versetile M air, Ouka is outdated more or less but she's one of your better options for UC melee. School Ion comes with her Water Flower (or whatever it's called) main weapon that is an exact copy statwise of Garapon version of Ion. School Ion is definately more capa tight than regular Ion though, in exchange for a BD weapon with high force and a LG subweapon buff. I'd honestly avoid Rinka Lynx, if you want to play around with one, the UC one functions at the same (bad) level as the RT one. Lupette is a decent M size core with what effectively is two Asura AMj. Would suggest buying her over Asura AMj if you ever need them. Lala Ricotte is ok in terms of UC supports with gimmicks, but her lowered dance ammo gimps her due to the inability to refill it like gara Lala. There's other (shop) builds that would outperform her if you're interested in playing support.

Though they're not moe; Albatreos, Genbura, Geo F, Pacifar, Dugdriver (especially if you buy Albatreos), and Seiron (+ Blitzelt if you buy Seiron, having Blitzelt BS for Seiron HD builds is invaluable) are really all worthwhile buys. I'd make it an attempt to buy all of these before the sale ends personally, as these are all pretty much gara-teir bots that're still capable of a -lot-, probably because they all were gara bots at one point :V. Out of the moes I would suggest trying to grab Kata, Patty, Connie, and Renny. Ion isn't affected by the sale so it's no rush in buying her, same with Lupette and Rinka.

I've got an Illumis, a Lux Legion, and Vanguard Lancer as well as an Ouka (everything else I have is pretty much from the rank up awards).

Pretty much looking for something to use with RT, since after spending 4 hours doing offers and rolling the restaurant gara 7 times (and getting mostly colors and 2 silvers), I got pretty pissed at it :l

Sitting on about 73 RT atm.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 9:28 am

Richitt wrote:
Trill wrote:

I've got an Illumis, a Lux Legion, and Vanguard Lancer as well as an Ouka (everything else I have is pretty much from the rank up awards).

Pretty much looking for something to use with RT, since after spending 4 hours doing offers and rolling the restaurant gara 7 times (and getting mostly colors and 2 silvers), I got pretty pissed at it :l

What type of bots do you prefer/what playstyle you have. We can identify what is suitable if we know
Back to top Go down
Richitt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Richitt

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 9:29 am

Seraphcrim wrote:
Richitt wrote:
Trill wrote:

What type of bots do you prefer/what playstyle you have. We can identify what is suitable if we know

I pretty much sit back with Illumis, but would probably like one that gets a bit closer.

Sort of deciding between Kata and Patty atm.
Back to top Go down
Hinanawi_Tenshi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hinanawi_Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:42 am

Richitt wrote:

I pretty much sit back with Illumis, but would probably like one that gets a bit closer.

Sort of deciding between Kata and Patty atm.

I think the way you're playing is fine as it is, which is basically what most smart art users that want to survive do rather then the idiotic ones that decide to go in midlines when they can't even run.

If you're hoping to just survive, stay how you are and you should be fine about 75% of the time as long as you're close by your teammates.

If you're actually hoping for action but risk being thrown to the bottom of the rank and willing to die for fun, then consider getting a good land type.

People keep saying Ouka is outdated, yeah she is but in comparison to the many other melee RT bots in the shop as if now she is worth her money if you tune her up well. Don't expect her to do alot but with her you can at least run in, assassinate a few people and run out. A normal Ouka, even with 2 slots, if tuned right and used correctly is still a monster of a melee.

If you know how to use Air types by all means have fun. If you have UC you can try to roll the UC gara for the HD SephCrim promotion and SephCrim HD. The girl is the most op out of all UC air bots I know and is the biggest middle finger to most RT users UC users can give.

Last edited by Hinanawi_Tenshi on Wed May 08, 2013 11:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:03 am

Patty is fun for running and gunning. Or hopping(?). Maby people build Flapalinas so I'm not sure. Corespam Kata is fun too though imo.
Back to top Go down
Richitt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Richitt

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:21 am

So... bought the Patty.

Any specific cart/tuning/parts recommendations o.o?
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:23 am

You're looking for a defensive weapon on an Illumis?

Beam Gun Mod for Lands. It also works well on other artilleries.. just make sure to not square off against stuff like EVE, Fia or Mialy. You can use your Built-in Weapons for that.

Also, that aside, Beam Gun Mod is like a 20 Cost weapon, with 500 Ammo. If you have decently high enough tech, you can damage lands with this, while alternating with your Sub Missile. You can also farm with it.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:32 am

For Patty, you either pump Tec until you hit 40/1 or balance Tec and Str at 20/20 for better WB peformance. Get sway/short boost and tune to 36 walk i think.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Patty'll want HP and walk with slight tec tunes. Her default BS is great, but not on her. Dual Froglander BS is your ideal choice. I can try a build later in the day that should be fairly easy for 2s Patty.
Back to top Go down
Richitt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Richitt

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Oh, okay. How does a "hopper" work anyways? Go short jump, quick land, etc?

Also did a few more offers. Rolled again. Another color. If it weren't for the fact most of these rolls were from surveys i'd swear I'd ragequit by now (I want sylvia so bad :l).
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:18 pm

April's Garapon has way better rates than Restaraunt Gara. You might want to safe up from now on and only spam 5xs the day before the Gara in uestion ends or something like that. That's how I usually do this with offer Rt (I hardly ever use offer Rt on Garas though).
Back to top Go down
Richitt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Richitt

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
April's Garapon has way better rates than Restaraunt Gara. You might want to safe up from now on and only spam 5xs the day before the Gara in uestion ends or something like that. That's how I usually do this with offer Rt (I hardly ever use offer Rt on Garas though).
Ugh. I'm pretty sure I used up most of the good/plausible surveys, so back to mediocre video spamming :l

I blame that first RT Gara. Gets gold on first try - and the next 15 or so I try are mostly colors and below =_=

It really kind of sucks, because I didn't expect the offers to work so well. I'd have enough to do a bunch of 5x now if I didn't spend it one by one on garas =.=

Edit: Because I want to avoid double posting - When does the sale end? Tomorrow, or the day after?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, uh, new here.   So, uh, new here. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So, uh, new here.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com