Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?

Go down 
+3
Suguri
Winty
ngelicdark
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? Empty
PostSubject: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:30 am

I've untuned a lot of my bots and I need to know how much more I have to untune them to build it for the new meta, so I'd appreciate the help if you guys can offer it.

My Ion has boost run (yay for winter base map), but now I'm guessing she needs more clearance and more HP. I'm also debating having higher TEC (up to 3x) over having 400+ HP (current build is sitting at like 385 HP?), but I don't think it matters if I'm not emptying out my ammo before each death yeah..? So I've built two...one on the extreme for HP and one that's more for typical bot builds.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And now shop Connie (still 2s).. Gave up Force Barrier LGJ and extra HP in lieu of BR. Not sure if it was worth the exchange but yeah. Also was going to swap out her LGs for Laz and an extra frog BS but with the extra cap hogged by BR there was little point in doing so..so I kept the original 2s legs.

Spoiler:

And finally Renny (because I cannot decide a single build for her): Looked up this build for her from Rev, kind of slightly modified it. Still deciding if I want to have BR/quick jump/sword guard because her cap choices are kind of tight >.> Also with this build she's the least tankiest hopper I have...and I don't know if that'll be a problem considering she's also one of the highest cost bots I have.. She also has no clearance nor sword guard (too tight on cap if I want 40 TEC) which kind of bothers me as well. And I only have 2s pierce guns :c

Spoiler:

So yeah, if anyone can critique, I'd be really grateful .-.

Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 am

Ion:

i am not sure why you are tuning clearance.
I have no idea why the second build has 33 walk.
Sword guard is a waste. Melees are to be avoided. If you die to melees, you made a mistake. Most of the damage you take will probably be from exchanging shots with artillery or airs, and you can only negate one of those. If you want to take a guard, I'd suggest blast.
If melees are indeed a problem, tough runner is a lot more useful, as you can hop out of combos with it. It also helps against other things that might stun you, so it serves a dual purpose.

This build has 400+ hp and 40 tec, while maintaining 1 str just like your builds. It's a lot easier to get these stats if you go negative str, though, and you can even run dual bucklers if you take that route for even more HP.
Spoiler:

3s buckler can be bought from bazaar or with 10 clan coins. Dunno if you caught the tail-end of white day event to grab an elisa buckler but there is also that.
I used the leftover capacity to take an anti-homing bit.

I'm not building a connie due to a long-standing principle, but you have 3 tunes in her 2 slot legs.

Your renny build actually has the right idea. I want to say it uses both basic life tunes and +1 stat tunes which is a waste of slots.
+1 tune in AoH makes me sad but whatever.
I disagree with the tunes you have selected for your piercegun but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Winty wrote:
Ion:

i am not sure why you are tuning clearance.
40 cost for 20HP and a proc that lowers damage taken and covers your ass against bullet jam, curse, slow, etc.? Clearance is really strong in modern meta, but the durability from the allguard alone makes it worth it imo.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Clearance lets you shit on Reshas.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:19 pm

so does a wonderbit dodge >.>
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:23 pm

KidGlitch wrote:
Clearance lets you shit on Reshas.

i wasn't aware that hoppers were a valid target for vox altus.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm

With the sheer number of Reshas running around, you're bound to encounter one who thinks you're a valid target. And at that point, it doesn't really matter whether or not you actually are.

Everything's situational.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 pm

The reason why I wanted to run clearance was because I'm actually getting affected by a lot of random waste booster, bullet jams, etc. and it's annoying me (I've not put to memory which ones come from which bot, and yes, sometimes I do get hit by a Resha just cuz.). That and for the above reasons, clearance feels like a good thing to have a hopper these days..a lot of new builds I've seen incorporate that.

Was 33 WLK because it didn't feel like anything else I could add +1 to would really help. No TEC breakpoint, don't really care for adding one additional TGH...etc. Might as well make her walk a smidge faster.

I'll move one of the tune slots to the acc if need be. I overlooked it though thanks.

Also if not those two tunes for the pierce gun, then what? I've got issues with low ammo guns and high capacity :S Though if it's for more damage/speed maybe I'll just play her when the match is about to end so she won't die..
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:54 pm

tec breakpoints only matter for the first shot.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Like Winty said, breaks don't take into account TGH reduction... You're better off just maxing out your damage stat as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Okay so.. Ion now looks like this: (Btw what does antihoming bit do anyway? Can't seem to find much info about it on the wiki.)

Spoiler:

Will have to junk her and start all over again though *sigh* She broke a couple slots from my first build which I could spare..

And for Renny:

Spoiler:

Going to just use her as a hail mary hopper now. I think it should be better than the old build.

And now Connie, I just had a change of heart. I realize now without as much defensive carts nor defense will make her into a ..rather meh "in your face" hopper for all intents and purposes. Also she's going to have BR so..I might play her more like an Ouka with range than melee.

For that line of thought, I haven't thought if I wanted to give her boost run because she lacks tough runner and/or stealth. And maybe she'd be better as a sway build rather than a hop build :S Still deciding..could use a bot to try out post-buff-then-nerfed sway... So I'll just put that on the back burner for now.

Also disregard where each tune falls into each part and the wb. I change up the order and where the stuff falls when I tune to get more success % out of them; I just slap the stuff on the slots so I can get an idea of how many tunes of whatever I need. So don't be upset at the wasted +1 tunes to the slotted accs >.>
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:29 pm

Anti-Hoing Bits give you the anti-homing effect. l0l
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Do they...make a structure or something that gives you the buff for antihoming or are they bits that follow you around ala propeller bits? o.o
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Do they follow you around ala propeller bits? o.o
Yes
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 pm

anti-homing bit is this cute little thing that floats around your head. It's good for messing over resha/aquilagirl/vector eagle/various homing fajets. it's 15cost so it's more than any other wonderbit, so a build that uses it can use whatever else you want. If you are having resha problems, which it seems you are, the bit will help. Probably more than hoping for a clearance proc.

I tend to stay away from revenge tunes on most bots that don't REQUIRE them to function properly as I try to keep the random factor strictly to garapon and tuning, and not in my arena builds. I guess other people feel differently about it.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:55 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Do they...make a structure or something that gives you the buff for antihoming or are they bits that follow you around ala propeller bits? o.o
It circles above you. It can also be locked onto by main (and sub?) weapons, so it can throw off the aim of even nonhoming weapons. It has a really long duration too.

Maybe seeing it would clear things up better:

Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Ah I see..

Actually no, I don't have particular...problems with Resha actually. It's just that if I'm going to get jammed by a million things for a million reasons, why not have a revenge tune for it? o.O And for most of the bots I try it on, they usually have some spare cap I'd otherwise would use TEC for.

Atm I'm just drudging in arena without max tuned bots (cuz I untuned), and I'm doing okay. Not at my peak, but good enough anyway. And it's not that bad, so I can see why it's not too bad to not get revenge tunes either.

I just thought it was meta to have every bot and its mother at full tunes with revenge tunes. I see all the melee get it now (it's such a bigger deal to them though), and even some Seraph builds I've seen run CVeil as well...so... *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:18 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Ah I see..

Actually no, I don't have particular...problems with Resha actually. It's just that if I'm going to get jammed by a million things for a million reasons, why not have a revenge tune for it? o.O And for most of the bots I try it on, they usually have some spare cap I'd otherwise would use TEC for.

Atm I'm just drudging in arena without max tuned bots (cuz I untuned), and I'm doing okay. Not at my peak, but good enough anyway. And it's not that bad, so I can see why it's not too bad to not get revenge tunes either.

I just thought it was meta to have every bot and its mother at full tunes with revenge tunes. I see all the melee get it now (it's such a bigger deal to them though), and even some Seraph builds I've seen run CVeil as well...so... *shrugs*

As to what is meta, there are people who throw around a lot of builds but don't actually play those bots(or play them with only +1 tunes), and are just showing off concepts for consideration.

here's the Ion PS i rolled last week:
http://puu.sh/2x7TW
I'd consider this to be pretty meta as far as builds go(once I get that last tune in, that is). 430HP isn't that much until you factor in double bucklers providing quite a bit of EHP. with my ADVANCE PLAYSTYLE i tend to stay alive long enough to use up all my ammo(i'll get 50 more shots when I finish leveling it to have the other EIW, but that's honestly not that much) and then suicide because I don't trust random arena nerd to supply me with ammo and would rather just pull out something else.

Another "meta" hopper:
http://puu.sh/2x84o
Pretty basic.

Revenge tunes are not themselves meta on all bots; HP stacking is meta and clearance tunes are a way to gain more HP and EHP. EX tuning is meta as fuck(second build actually has 60 extra hp from EX tunes). The damage output has increased so you need more hp in order to survive long enough to use up all of your ammo and obtain OPTIMAL SCORE before exploding for 5k points. CV tunes are done on bots where it's more important to avoid being stunned to death and you'd rather go in, do a bunch of damage, then run and heal and do it again than stay in a sustained fight, but even these builds tend to stack on additional HP. HP is pretty king right now. Hell on airs I'd even say you can drop your mobility for more HP(example: http://puu.sh/2h8tf <- no ex tunes) if you feel that you don't need it.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Ah thanks for explaining... I figured HP was a big part of the new tuning (never had I seen tank/ranger/etc tunes before til now :/) but I thought revenge would be kinda in too.

I'll try to get my builds to that kind of status; most of these days yeah I do last long enough for Ion to use all her ammo XD I just wish I didn't have to play so picky-choosy with my situation as much as I didn't have to before... I liked running in and dancing in front of people who couldn't aim >.> Ah it couldn't have lasted long anyway.

Also out of curiousity, what is that AIR bot? Is that one of the old air acad bots? o.O
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:06 pm

That's the original Akane Vermill. Her alphastriking ability was nerfed and now you have to basically play her using her main blaster and intentionally glitch it in order to by pass the global cooldown they added to all her weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmshmEN8CPw
this is a video of me playing it. You can see that I do an empty alpha strike every 2 or 3 shots in order to perform the glitch.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:27 pm

Ah I see.. thanks for the info.

Sad they nerfed her that poor into the ground...I feel bad for the people who spent hundreds for that bot :S (for the pure reason of loving that bot..not to be a fag '>.> )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?   Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mind critiquing my builds for Ion/Shop Connie/Renny?
Page 1 of 1