Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!

Go down 
+7
Courius
Suguri
Winty
Akhenderson
zerocl
Trill
ngelicdark
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! Empty
PostSubject: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:40 pm

So I'm tired of my single/dual weapon crims, whether seraph wing spammer or no, single or dual weapon, or a hopper. And I don't really want to play an alpha fag or a homing bot either. I don't particularly mind if it's gara (preferably not because my hopes and dreams of getting one is kinda slim), but I don't know any of the new AIR bots released that either are OP, nerfed to the ground, or something or other...

I don't mind..homing too much but it can't be so ridiculous as to that is its bot's gimmick... If I wanted to I have the bots for that already.. >.>

The only one I can kind of think of is Feng Mei Tao, but I think she's been gone for a while and will be for a while too... so in the meantime, any ideas? I wouldn't mind to wait for their return neither.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Airs that're flat out gimmicky probably include but aren't limited to:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 pm

Garulabird, Tristar+, Poseidon, Seiron, Suzeku and Blitzelt are in teh shop too
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:14 pm

I actually own a good bulk of those AURA air bots. But I don't really call AURA much of a gimmick considering it takes up a wonderbit, and it's not the core that's a gimmick, but the part and the AURA system. Still counts though but not really interested in collecting all of their parts together to make one bot >.>

@Trill out of that list, I'm look at Eve, Feng Mei and Shana. They're not going to come back for a while though >.>

Ty for the suggestions .-. Would like some other people echoing suggestions if possible.. I don't want them to be gimmick and horrible >.>
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Air melee shenanigans! Come on, Crescent Saint is AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:34 pm

play melee basca es funnest air jajajaja
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:14 pm

Played a melee Frau with 2s slow 2 years ago... I didn't like how my prime targets were also the targets that can deal the most damage to me.

It's kind of like building an ART hopper with beam guns and going after LNDs. Kind of get burned by it. (Cept the AIR melees in theory can fly away from the ART *cough* yeah right *cough* )

Bascas are okay. Reminds me too much of Izuna wisp spamming though lul.

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 pm

For what it's worth if you want something like Shana that's actually worth the cost it's filling you should roll for Thoarla AM3 or AM4, or Initone.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 8:43 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Played a melee Frau with 2s slow 2 years ago... I didn't like how my prime targets were also the targets that can deal the most damage to me.

It's kind of like building an ART hopper with beam guns and going after LNDs. Kind of get burned by it. (Cept the AIR melees in theory can fly away from the ART *cough* yeah right *cough* )
>frau lgs x2 slow
>thinks air melee cant run from arts
FIND ANOTHER WEAPON.
Air melee has plenty of options. Jumper Halberd, Ominous Scythe, Raven Scythe R, Ripper Scythe, Mecha Jetter OMG LG, Poseidon AM, etc. Half of these options are easily available as they're either in gara regularly or they're available in shop. (Especially the ominous scythe and the jumper halberd is still in the summer gara which should have been removed two seasons ago)
You have to be pretty uncreative to think that Air has absolutely no capabilities of melee when Air has a multitude of options that stray away from the norm, counter its counters and still do well in the arena.
Not only that, but you chose a weapon that is unsuited for combat against Artillery units because of it's very laggy ending animation and an agonizingly long combo which gives ample time for other players to come in and hit you. No wonder why you think Air melee sucks, it's because you chose a bad weapon with no way to escape the enemy.

Look through options, figure out better targets and actually think and move before you hit someone, because right now, you're completely ignorant to the play style if you chose Frau LGs to be your air melee weapon and targeting Arts first as your thinking process.

Offensively, you use hit and run tactics. Frau lgs are heavily unsuited to this task because you hit, but it takes forever to run.
Defensively, any air bot that comes even remotely close to you should be punished with melee (Ominous Scythe does a great job of this because it inflicts Waste Booster which can drop any careless air bot down to the ground) any stray lnds that come close will not be able to counter attack as effectively if you bring a jumper halberd to be your combo ender (Jumper Halberd brings you back up in the air if you hit the ground) and with arts, you're going to need to be mobile and assassinate them, rather than target them head on. (Being in the air makes it easier to sneak up on other units. Especially when you're on a large map.)
It's incredibly satisfying to hit an unsuspecting Art unit in the back with a x2 great grappler ominous scythe, with a combo starter of a distance closer -> ominous scythe combo, with 40 str and seeing damages upwards of about 200+. Even hitting a normal lnd unit can hit upwards of about 110+, which can seriously injure careless Eris and Sylvia players.

Spoiler:

I read that you haven't been around for a year or so, so the meta game has changed quite a bit, but not looking into the subject and going completely off of experience that was done a year ago is not going to be very applicable because of all the new bot parts, characters and weapons that were introduced along the time period you weren't here.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 5:31 am

or if ya hate close combat that bad , ya can try being Air Sniper tho... Grab your Beam Rifle Type weapon , like ABR or Brigale Red Lance Arm , tune it Range or Shooter (or better version of it) , fly around for hiding and hard to reach place and start shooting them.

dont worry about your allies crowded over your target, Beam Rifle Type gonna ignore em and keep goin till it struck on enemy. (or terrain obstacle if any)

good Beam Rifle from garapon i could recommend is Long Beam Rifle (Bronze Prize) from UC Weapon Gara
or if you dont wanna gara nor UC, 3 slot Negatron Rifle (drops or look for one in bazaar) also option, just prepare big space on your robot for carry this.

also y u hate crims? u using HD one? get normal Seraph Crim , throw x2 Internal Custom Catridge and Izuna LG , then start spread the hatred from the sky
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:57 am

Brickgale bayonet is a terribad weapon IMO. Maybe its just me. Then again, I never sniped in this game, just pew pewed like mad. Maybe that would work for you
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:02 am

Seraphcrim wrote:
Brickgale bayonet is a terribad weapon IMO. Maybe its just me. Then again, I never sniped in this game, just pew pewed like mad. Maybe that would work for you
If you really want to snipe someone, use something like Thoarla AM3 or Thoarla AM4. Has bigger bullets, has higher force and higher speed and higher range to hit things easier.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Akhenderson wrote:
[
>frau lgs x2 slow
>thinks air melee cant run from arts

Actually it's not the fact you can't run from arts. Of course I know you can lol that's the one advantage of a flying melee vs land. Plus CBEN can't shoot airs for life. The thing is is that now that everyone on the block has an alpha art (they weren't as common as alpha airs back then), it's riskier to drop a combo. I'm not saying it's not possible nor plausible. Simply riskier. They're just going to baz you to the ground, stun, and if you're unlucky, die, or fly away crippled.

The scythe is a new one for me, thank you for the info. Also explains why I kept getting waste boosted whenever I was hit by it. I thought it was the bot itself and not the weapon.

And no, I don't hate close combat that bad. I just don't like making excessively risky bot builds if I don't need to. I already play in high risk-high reward types of situs.
But now I understand why Daed and JHam were outclassed so easily in this new meta. If that scythe can cause statuses AND deal the same amount of damage-ish, and still can fly away, then something definitely has changed.

Also, going to obviously say of course I don't know this meta. It's going to take me weeks of poring over old bot discussions to even come close to knowing what you guys already do. So forgive me. I list past experiences because I have nothing else to fall back on. I haven't resumed watching youtubes and nicovids of CB yet. I'm still trying to take in everything that's been owning me in the arena (man these new LND melees are tough..and I thought Ivis vanilla was bad.).

BG Bayonet is horrible. If it's anything like the ones on the Blue/Red I don't remember which one had it but I remember I toyed with it before. UNLESS it was on Topaz, in which then I don't know I probably remember the bayonet rifle lul. Which was still bad..

I might have Thoarla AM3/4. If not then I'll just keep looking for another bot :/ Initone I don't have cuz I haven't gotten that one in the roll.

And no I don't hate crims, or anything, I'm bored with them. Bots like Crim and Izuna and whatnot I ran single gun builds with all the time and it's really not that much different from my other bots, except the color of my background. I used to play extensively air bots (alpha fags, seraph, frau, izuna, etc) before I was bored with them and ran hoppers. For me, it was too easy because the only thing I had to watch was my boost gauge and for ARTs on my radar. Even aiming was harder on LND bots I realized because you don't have the angle advantage and I had to deal with not only distance (which was the only real cincher on the AIR for me, it taught me the range of my guns), but the curve of the land as well. It was a real eye opener when I played my first LND based gunner seriously; I was blown away by how little I actually knew and how skilless I actually was. I could not aim for shit.

The only reason why I want a new AIR bot now is because it's becoming more difficult for me to play hoppers, and it's not the bots, it's the new maps actually. They're fine on the old map rotations but some of the new ones are..kinda...ehhhh. An air would definitely have an easier time. (Plus most of the new maps from what I've looked at don't have water/haven't found all of their watering hole locations yet.. Makes my Ion sad.)

I'll take a looksee at the suggestions though. Thanks for all of the replies and if anyone could quip in more I'd appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:13 pm

To add on to akh's air melee rant, kata arm is a far less costly alternative for picking you off the ground than jumping halberd.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:03 am

It also causes shock and doesn't take up a hand slot!
Back to top Go down
zerocl

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:08 am

It proc GV though...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 pm

If you mean plays completely differently then most airs, Frau LG bots are somewhat gimmicky. Other then that Psycho Cluster plays pretty uniquely (don't alpha him or you're silly).
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Oh yeah I did have old Frau.. some reason though her LGs are gone despite me owning every other part of her :c Someone may have bazaared it off my acct while I was gone..or...beats me...

Yeah I completely forgot about psycho cluster actually I think I have the neo version of him from two years ago.. Maybe I should dust him off and play him... He's..kind of homing though IIRC...
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:20 pm

He is homing, yes. Guess he didn't read the OP.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Yeah..he was... And also very tight on cap sadly... Still it was rather fun testing him back then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!   Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one! Empty

Back to top Go down

Need a gimmick air bot--recommend me one!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com