Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon discussion

Go down 
+42
uiso
EXNova
Winty
IronDicks
blead
exoakutsu
Admin
LazFlamme
rei_hunter
AhegaoMaster
God is a Cat Girl
Saitama
AnTi90d
Shai
Hyoka
TrieDaEsprit
KidGlitch
darkomen
fhoeng
Silvershine
XiaoFu
LogenVos
UncleBobbie
TerraChika
Seraphcrim
Mew
MagicPotatoplz
CapeMike
Valkyrie
Sean
Poppet
Nilla
Trill
Gerrion
zerocl
Akhenderson
Relict?
boytitan2
That_Wiesel_Guy
Zwiebel Force
Koiro
Astral_Dono
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

Pokemon discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Relict? wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
You're forgetting how Terrakion also has insane speed, while also having decent SP DEF and DEF. If you pair it with a Tyrannitar, it's SP DEF is raised even higher, essentially making Terrakion a massive, barreling truck.

One strategy I like to use is having a Ninjask constantly use Protect/Substitute while raising it's SPEED. Then once I have the SPEED stat maxed, I'll use Baton Pass and switch out for one of my high ATK pokemon (Usually Terrakion).

Terrakion is used often enough on HO teams.

I'd watch out for Roar/Whirlwind, Haze, and Unaware, but they don't see much use.

I predict he will enter uber tier soon. ( He really should, if they've already sent stuff like Garchomp and Blaziken there. Heck even regenerator Tornadus has been sent there o.o ) Then again he's countered by stuff like Slowbro, Gliscor, Mew, Jellicent, Reuniclus, Hippowdon, Scizor, Azumarill, Conkeldurr, Latios, Tornadus, Gengar, Starmie, Dugtrio, Wobbuffet, and choice scarf Rotom-w and Landorus. Oddly enough the best counters are in the lower tiers.

Reli, roar and whirlwind are often used for stall teams and racking up passive damage (tho prankster taunt makes the choice shift to dragon tail).

Ah, yeah. Most people go with offensive teams, I think.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:25 pm

PvE team for Platinum. Also, I like Eeveelutions.

Spoiler:

On a side note, i find that they are kinda unbalanced... Meh whatever, I only PvE most of the time anyway. PvP is with friends and family. (i usually win in double battle lol! )

(I should play Pokemon Online...)
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Relict? wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Relict? wrote:

Terrakion is used often enough on HO teams.

I'd watch out for Roar/Whirlwind, Haze, and Unaware, but they don't see much use.

I predict he will enter uber tier soon. ( He really should, if they've already sent stuff like Garchomp and Blaziken there. Heck even regenerator Tornadus has been sent there o.o ) Then again he's countered by stuff like Slowbro, Gliscor, Mew, Jellicent, Reuniclus, Hippowdon, Scizor, Azumarill, Conkeldurr, Latios, Tornadus, Gengar, Starmie, Dugtrio, Wobbuffet, and choice scarf Rotom-w and Landorus. Oddly enough the best counters are in the lower tiers.

Reli, roar and whirlwind are often used for stall teams and racking up passive damage (tho prankster taunt makes the choice shift to dragon tail).

Ah, yeah. Most people go with offensive teams, I think.

In my battles with Astral yesterday, I went with my usual team...mostly an Offensive 'Jammer' team...tons of negative status effects and flinch-possibilities to keep my opponent guessing what I'll come up with next! Smile

What did you think, Astral?
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Seraphcrim wrote:

Spoiler:

On a side note, i find that they are kinda unbalanced... Meh whatever, I only PvE most of the time anyway. PvP is with friends and family. (i usually win in double battle lol! )

I like the eveelutions, but I dislike that they were/are so underpowered. Most of them have shallow movepools (Flareon for example), and are usually limited to supporting roles (Batonpassers, notably).

If X and Y were to be released, I hope they change that trend.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Seraphcrim wrote:

Spoiler:

Flareon is in UU tier. He's useless imo.

The only Eevelotuions I would consider using are probably Jolteon, Vaporeon, and Espeon.

The rest are all NU afaik with Umbreon being UU.

But I guess that's okay if you're playing with your family and whatnot.

Good luck winning online though.
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Abbey Cry
Abbey Cry

Female Posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:48 pm

You can grab the current simulator and loads of competitive information, strats, and metagame stats.

At: http://www.smogon.com/

I've been playing Random Battle on it. You get a random team with random levels and moves. Really fun.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:54 pm

Poppet wrote:
You can grab the current simulator and loads of competitive information, strats, and metagame stats.

I've been playing Random Battle on it. You get a random team with random levels and moves. Really fun.
yeah I've been getting most competitive info from Smogon. I don't always agree with their tier list tho (Kyurem black wtf).
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Poppet wrote:

yeah I've been getting most competitive info from Smogon. I don't always agree with their tier list tho (Kyurem black wtf).

Dude his stats are insane
They reach the 400s

Sure he may not be good as an Uber.

But he's going to DECIMATE the OU.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Mew wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Poppet wrote:

They reach the 400s

What I actually meant to say is: why is it in OU when it should be in Uber?
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:41 pm

He's not in OU. ._.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Mew wrote:
He's not in OU. ._.
He is....
Both Smogon and PO voted it down from Uber to OU. Google it.
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Abbey Cry
Abbey Cry

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Mew wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:

They reach the 400s

That typing though, and it's nowhere near as dangerous as a generic sweeper.

Still doesn't feel right in OU.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Poppet wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Mew wrote:

They reach the 400s

That typing though, and it's nowhere near as dangerous as a generic sweeper.

Still doesn't feel right in OU.

The real reason he got put into OU is because PO and Smogon deemed that his physical movepool isn't big enough to deem him as a threat (I googled around and people cried that Smogon hates Ice types lol).

My favorite typing is Dragon, but I think this is a bit unjust.

Last edited by Valkyrie on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Annoying wall of text >.<;)
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Mew wrote:
He's not in OU. ._.
He is....
Both Smogon and PO voted it down from Uber to OU. Google it.

Oh he is?

Weird, nobody has made a guide for him yet then.

And if I can get my hands on my DS right now I'd check if he's unbanned off Wi-Fi battles but I can't find it. (He probably still is.)

The only reasoning I can think of is because his type. Kyurem himself was always so-so.

I actually have Black 2 and most of his movesets really don't take advantage of his ATK. My Black Kyurem is geared towards SP. ATK.

W-Kyurem is superior in almost every way possible.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Good news, good news~

There will be a new BW2 Global Link Event, starting from 20 mars till 6 may. A multiscale Dragonite, with the move thunderpunch will be given.

Pokemon discussion - Page 3 IlUPpyG

A new pokemon of X&Y has been released. It's a new eveelution!
Spoiler:
She's so adorable~ Her type hasn't been confirmed yet (I can't figure from the pic), nor has the way of evolution been released.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:52 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Good news, good news~

There will be a new BW2 Global Link Event, starting from 20 mars till 6 may. A multiscale Dragonite, with the move thunderpunch will be given.

Spoiler:
She's so adorable~ Her type hasn't been confirmed yet (I can't figure from the pic), nor has the way of evolution been released.

Hmm.... *looks carefully at the Eveelution pic*

...well, we can rule out Steel, Flying, Ground, Fighting, and Rock simply by appearance...if I had to guess, I'd say it's a more 'natural' Normal-type evolution...but we've been surprised before.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 4:53 pm

CapeMike wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Good news, good news~

Spoiler:

Hmm.... *looks carefully at the Eveelution pic*

...well, we can rule out Steel, Flying, Ground, Fighting, and Rock simply by appearance...if I had to guess, I'd say it's a more 'natural' Normal-type evolution...but we've been surprised before.... Smile
I actuallly expected steel or fighting. Dragon and Flying would be odd, as it wouldn't be the same as that typical eveelution look the eveelutions share.
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Good news, good news~

Spoiler:
WOW MY 3DS WOULD BE BROKEN RIGHT NOW. It's not like it matter anyways, I'm too poor to have B2/W2 anyways ;w;.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 5:42 pm

My opinion about that new pokemon is in the spoilers, since it talks a bit about it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Koiro10 wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Good news, good news~

Spoiler:
WOW MY 3DS WOULD BE BROKEN RIGHT NOW. It's not like it matter anyways, I'm too poor to have B2/W2 anyways ;w;.
New Eeveelution is known as Nymphia (AKA, most likely will be called Nympheon)
Nothing about it has really been released aside from height and weight x_x...
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:49 pm

It's BL. .______________________________.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:25 am

Akhenderson wrote:
Koiro10 wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Good news, good news~

Spoiler:
New Eeveelution is known as Nymphia (AKA, most likely will be called Nympheon)
Nothing about it has really been released aside from height and weight x_x...

How is it Nymphia?

ニンフィア

It's literally Ninfia.

フィア

should give it away

well i guess you could argue that phia = fia
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Abbey Cry
Abbey Cry

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:23 am

Two of my nicer random battles if anyone is interested in watching some.

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle9595473

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle9700680

Anyone want to battle though?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:07 am

Oh, shit...maybe this weekend.
EDIT: so wait are these challenge cup matches?
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:12 am

Mew wrote:

How is it Nymphia?

ニンフィア

It's literally Ninfia.

フィア

should give it away

well i guess you could argue that phia = fia
Yeah s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 3 Empty