Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic Live-Action Spec Film

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Sonic Live-Action Spec Film Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Live-Action Spec Film   Sonic Live-Action Spec Film EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Finally, after a long time in development, they finally released the fan-made Sonic The Hedgehog Live-Action Spec Film. I have been waiting for a while for it, now its here!

Watch it here!
Spoiler:

I wish it could've been longer, but still its was awesome to me. I bet any other Sonic fan will love it too, to see Sonic in a Live-action film with cool effects too.

I noticed they seemed to combine aspects from many of the different Sonic series at once. Such as they used "South Island," "Green Hill Zone," and robots such as MotoBugs and Buzzbombers from the classic Sonic (which stopped appearing in the newer games), and The Guardian Units of Nations, Station Square City, the Egg Carrier, and E-100 Series robots from Sonic X and the newer games, and The Roboticization Process, Kintobor (Eggman's former Alter-Ego), the formation of the Dark Egg Empire (when Eggman actually did achieve dominance of part of the world), the Devastation of South Island (where the inhabitants were claimed to be wiped out) from the Archie Comic Sonic series and more. Usually those concepts were dropped for one series into a next, but they managed to fuse them all in this one quite well.

My only problem was a few times the CGI seemed a bit faulty (incorrect shading and shadows mostly), though I only noticed it after like the 3rd time I watched it, and that the Guardian Units seemed out of character here (for the most part in the original series, they thought of Sonic as a rogue and wanted him dead, despite his help, and prefered their newer "advanced and more efficient weaponry" over him, but that was not as true in this film), but other than that it was awesome. You have to cut them some slack anyways, since it was not done by a professional movie-directing team.

Imagine the potential it could have if this were full-length and done by a pro such as Michael Bay or something?
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Live-Action Spec Film   Sonic Live-Action Spec Film EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 5:47 pm

I was NOT looking forward to this. Oh well, might as well watch it.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Live-Action Spec Film   Sonic Live-Action Spec Film EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:30 pm

It looked pretty decent
and then I heard Sonic's voice.
That killed it right there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Live-Action Spec Film   Sonic Live-Action Spec Film EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 pm

I actually liked Sonic's voice in this. Eggman's voice wasn't what I would've wanted in this though, but it wasn't bad.

To me, this has to be the best Live-action recreation short I've seen on Youtube ever. Even better than the Black Rock Shooter or Megaman X one I have seen before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Live-Action Spec Film   Sonic Live-Action Spec Film Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic Live-Action Spec Film
Page 1 of 1