Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!

Go down 
+24
blead
LS3
XiaoFu
Axanael
kyarashotgun
Kitouski
EvannGeo
Pennicandies
milk
Phantomhive
nzlk
NotZetsubou
AthenaWyrm
Trill
Akhenderson
Aurum_Sol
That_Wiesel_Guy
mikuri
Sivaschin
JadeCicada
Relict?
reVelske
Suguri
Winty
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Akhenderson wrote:
Winty wrote:
When I played misty hopper I used a force barrier LGJ, pretty easy to fit if you take all capa and drop regain/blast guard
Would would you need this? You have a subweapon dedicated to being immune to bullets anyways... Sure the start up time is much faster on the force barrier but I dont think you'd need another method of protecting yourself from bullets when you already have one.

My misty build has build arm ams, froglander bs x2, laz legs with a handy mag x pierce gun (mod) combo.

that was a typo, was talking about laz hopper, wrote misty instead.

LS3 wrote:
Wolfguy doko? HP tunes and K shields let you Rambo in a sense. A huge draw back is if you ever happen to fall into water, but I supposed that can be solved with Practise.( Also that bot with vulcans for internals, since it seems much more common than Wolfguy).

Well Fiz kinda came to my attention when I noticed his low cost and the ability to equip a K shield. It works pretty well despite missing quick jump.

Quote :
EYO SON! CHECK DIS NOTE!
I'm not talking about Misty Raven, Ion cores, Nemlim cores, or anything else that comes with a weapon built-in. If you are using one of those, you don't need to know about it, you just need to build the damn thing.

yes, this also applies to cydron, CKAC, wolfguy, etc. wolfguy is pretty fucking ridiculous IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY since he gets EVERYTHING HE EVER NEEDED.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:38 pm

kyarashotgun wrote:
XiaoFu wrote:
Pretty sure thats not Elme. S leg but, its lucheer if I remember.

And yeah I needs adivce too since, forever not good at hoppers and I have the cores just I haven't really thought of what weapons to use except pierce gun. :S

Estes Mag, Combat Mag, Ballista Shooter, Scouter's Rifle, Handy Baz, Custom Mag. Renny AMs work too. And probably Piercegun AMJs. Probably.

forgot bazooka!

there's a list of a lot of weapons on the front page to choose from.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:42 pm

LS3 wrote:
Wolfguy doko? HP tunes and K shields let you Rambo in a sense. A huge draw back is if you ever happen to fall into water, but I supposed that can be solved with Practise.( Also that bot with vulcans for internals, since it seems much more common than Wolfguy).

Well Fiz kinda came to my attention when I noticed his low cost and the ability to equip a K shield. It works pretty well despite missing quick jump.

You mean Cydron? Yeah.

I think Winty intentionally did not mention bots wiith internal weaponry as advice concerning those amounts to "slap on two k-shields and kill."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:31 am

am i doing it right
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:27 am

old post deleted because I want to do this right(ie by typing lots of text)

From what I understand(and someone feel free to blow me up on this if I'm wrong) the last breakpoint for HOPPING is 30 walk.(There is some stuff with fly here but I don't get it but you want at least 1 fly or else bad shit happens, trust me on this.) Basically, this means that if you tune to 36 walk, once you start hopping, you lose out on all those extra stats you tuned, as they are only useful when moving from point A to point B. I touched on this very briefly a few pages back when talking about boostrun hoppers, but it's more or less the same idea.

This depends highly on playstyle, but I've never really had a situation where I felt that i would have lived if I had tuned 36 walk instead of 32. Accel Saber has tons of spare capacity, even without taking the last capacity cartridge. Using the leftover capa to tune more HP or TGH instead of the additional walk will, IMO, go a lot further.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:06 am

Some little more explanation so people wouldn't have to:
Winty wrote:
trust me on this.
Spoiler:
From the table, it should be clear enough to understand.
FLY affects hopping too, as everyone knows, but to a lesser degree when compared to WLK.
And the last hop breakpoint is at 30 WLK w/ any FLY.
(0 FLY makes it worst anyway.)
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:38 am

yeah that stuff
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 3:38 pm

When would you _ever_ have 0 fly on any bot?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 4:11 pm

KidGlitch wrote:
Quick Jump shenanigans o -o
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
KidGlitch wrote:
Quick Jump shenanigans o -o

Yeah, Hound Dog gunners come to mind.

As with maybe Machinlet AM builds.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 5:48 pm

wow look at that
a real live update
i should get this on tape
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Synoris where

QLand, Hops, Tgh Runner, Stun Regain, and a BD x2 Ballista arrow thing

blead wrote:
Some little more explanation so people wouldn't have to:
Winty wrote:
trust me on this.
Spoiler:
From the table, it should be clear enough to understand.
FLY affects hopping too, as everyone knows, but to a lesser degree when compared to WLK.
And the last hop breakpoint is at 30 WLK w/ any FLY.
(0 FLY makes it worst anyway.)

This thing means 30WLK at any FLY other than 0 gives you max hops right
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
Synoris where

QLand, Hops, Tgh Runner, Stun Regain, and a BD x2 Ballista arrow thing

Winty wrote:
EYO SON! CHECK DIS NOTE!
I'm not talking about Misty Raven, Ion cores, Nemlim cores, or anything else that comes with a weapon built-in. If you are using one of those, you don't need to know about it, you just need to build the damn thing.

This applies to mecha, too.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Weapon cores are easy. You pick them if you want to use that weapon. If you don't want to use that weapon, you don't pick that core.

The list of cores is for people who are looking to build a hopper. You select a core based on what fits your needs and what is available, and then a weapon based on the same thing.

There is a "coming soon" under a section called "weapon cores"
I eventually plan on reviewing the weapon cores but for now please, stop SUGGESTING i add them. Generally if you are suggesting I add a core it's because YOU ALREADY HAVE THE CORE AND KNOW IT'S GOOD. You are not looking for information on the thing in question, you are simply wanting me to add your favorite whatever the fuck it is. COMING SOON.

also yes, that is exactly what that means.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi
A lot of weapons were added recently.
Namely, the beetlander rifle thing, the estes magnums, and the estes raid rifle gun thing.
If there are any others please mention so I can do a single update with all of these things later this week.
thanks
-wintydunno
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:47 pm

I can't think of any other new guns or such of relevance, but as far as cores go you might consider looking at Combat Freed BD as an L LND if it wasn't already on your plate. Not available anymore at the moment but it's got a nicely distribution of stats, Quick Jump, and it tops off at 1220 if you take all capa carts though you could fit nice stats with lesser end cost. I'd worked out a decent LL Bulk Mag build earlier on it.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 6:25 am

I rewrote the section on M and L cores with a new format. I'll get around to the S section later, since there's a lot more content there I have a lot more notes that I need to sort through. The new format is a lot cleaner and provides only the most important information. Please tell me what you think.

I added quite a few cores to that section as well.

I'll get around to the weapons eventually.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 7:10 am

Nicely done Winty! Smile

Maybe you can add the Chrotacs too?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 7:57 am

i am not adding cores with built-in weapons, so no.
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Thank you making Hopper guide Winty.

i have misty hollow sin BD and a Charge pierces gun, im still affraid making "costum" hopper bot but im really interested to try it.

BTW tune compack gadling mod 3x hi supply is good ?
or tune rapid + hi supply will be better ?

the only hopper bot now in my garages only connie sheriff bounce  , i want to make another hopper bot but dont know how to making good tune weapons.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 1:46 pm

for compact gatlings the most important tune is a basic force tune since this will give every bullet 1 more damage.
If you feel you need the speed I'd tune rapid.
I do not think that a supply tune is needed. If you are living past your ammo I'd suggest playing more aggressively rather than tuning ammo.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:57 pm

i was reminded this existed so I wrote a few sentences here and there. It really deserves a complete rework which I'll do never when they announce half life 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4