Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:07 pm

i dont play hoppers all that often, but i assume that its as superb (well, propably not exactly as superb due to the different shooting angle) for hoppers as it is for swaying or floatdashing gunners: Estes AM (internal weapon: Estes Gun, has a free handslot), the one thing thats widely overlooked for whatever reason
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 am

can you do the hoppity hops with a boost gun?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:20 pm

You can hop with whatever weapon you want. The effectiveness varies based on the effectiveness of the weapon. If the weapon is bad without hopping, it'll probably still be bad with hopping. I don't have a boost gun so I can't say much about the effectiveness of that particular weapon.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:27 pm

I used to use boost gun laz a lot.

I don't know if I'd still do it.
Back to top Go down
Pennicandies
Pennicandies

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:28 am

I notice a number of the weapons you mentioned as good choices for hopping have pretty severe movement stats. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Does building a hopper somehow negate the stat penalties, as opposed to boost run/sway builds?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:02 am

Just hafta tune extensively ;w;

or play with lesser movement stats. It can be done.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 am

@Pennicandies wrote:
I notice a number of the weapons you mentioned as good choices for hopping have pretty severe movement stats. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Does building a hopper somehow negate the stat penalties, as opposed to boost run/sway builds?

hopping has always been a mobility multiplier. In 2011 I got away with a 21 wlk laz. Now you probably want more, depending on if you have quick jump or not, and how much artificial survivability you have. I wouldn't suggest anything lower than 25 wlk, and even that is pushing it. going higher than 32, to me, is wasteful.

Compare this to sway, which before the semi-recent buff, was only good when you started to get to 32+ walk, hopping requires less stat tuning, but more mobility carts, where as sway only takes one cart but requires additional tunes. Sway is much more effective when you have high mobility, but at lower mobility hopping will take you a lot further as far as evasion is concerned.

As for boost run, I don't really consider it as serving the same purpose as sway or hop. It's more for chasing and moving around the map than it is for dodging things while shooting back - this is reflected in that your aim get fucked while boost running since most cores tend to lean forward during the boost run. I've done high speed boostrun hoppers in the past, but they required fly tunes as well as walk tunes and end up being a lot more expensive than they need to be. For a similar price you can now use something like zero fighter next BS, sol volca wing BS, or full accel BS to replicate the effect of high-tier boostrun to an effect, without having to worry about keeping up your fly stat while still tuning tec and walk, which is the biggest issue with boostrun gunners. Though you have to take ammo into account when using those parts.
Back to top Go down
EvannGeo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
EvannGeo

Female Posts : 222

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:04 am

what about Pierce Shotgun Mod?
it's still pretty good for hopper and dive into healing group or crowd control but which lack is it's ammo.
from Sapphire Gara
An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 Xcxcx_zpsd2d220dd

Last edited by EvannGeo on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:07 am

i have no idea and can't really comment on it. I don't really put cash into this game anymore so most of what I roll is from conversions so I don't get my hands on 3-7 copies of every weapon like I used too.

Going to make an update in a bit with a decent chunk of random info, including some of the things that have been suggested here.
Back to top Go down
EvannGeo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
EvannGeo

Female Posts : 222

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:18 am

dont know if this Xmas Snow Bazooka is good for hopper...
just asking. :V
An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 Cvcv2_zps24cffaa0
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:27 am

That thing's like micro bazooka mod minus the perks that make micro bazooka desirable (>micro bazooka >desirable). Draw your own conclusion from there.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:30 am

I put one on my air raider to alpha with and it amused me. Not sure if my damage actually went up but it was pretty funny. I have 2 now so I may rework the build to fit both in, which will amuse me even more.

for hoppers I don't see a reason to use it when you can just use handy bazooka.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:11 am

LL Bulk Accel if I remember correctly was quite good. Haven't used it in a long, long time though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:12 pm

there was an edit to the opening post
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Should probably add healers onto the section for high priority targets. Bots like Melfi (especially Heart) are infinitely worth crowd diving even on higher cost cores like Machinlet to single out. Speaking of him, his core isn't actually big. It's actually very small, comparable to Red Squealer/Hound Dog BD. Cost/capa is massive still though.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:22 pm

healers are really a universal target. Things I listed were more "it is your job to kill these fuckshits homogay anal beads fuck I have dicks for fingers." type of deal. If you aren't shooting healers you're dumb. Things like the arts listed are a lot harder to deal with when you are air than if you are a hopper which is why they are there.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:18 pm

edited things about cores being moved to RT shop/UC shop in the latest update.
also some other random lines were changed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Cyclotes is in the shop.

senor winty pls gib advice
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

Male Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Diabolical wrote:
Cyclotes is in the shop.

senor winty pls gib advice
Spoiler:

Clapperoid LG could work better on Misty.

Combat Mag probably wants Rapid + G. Rapid, well that's what I did on mine.

Contact Winty-sama for more details D:
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:44 pm

>1s raid rifle
probably want hairforce or hshooter for 1slot weapons since those are the most effective tunes.

I don't like misty legs. I also don't like elme legs. Assuming you are dropping the last capa cart and doing hop carts+stun regain/blast guard, you can get better stats with a 0s laz LG and a 3s frog lander booster. When I played misty hopper I used a force barrier LGJ, pretty easy to fit if you take all capa and drop regain/blast guard. This statement applies to misty as well: throwing builds together, it's still better to use 0s laz legs than 3s misty hollow legs.

Grapid+force on combat mag is what I would suggest.

Probably going to want to leave misty at level 9, possibly even 8.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:58 pm

Estes's BD melee is tec based? Awesome
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:38 am

Pretty sure thats not Elme. S leg but, its lucheer if I remember.

And yeah I needs adivce too since, forever not good at hoppers and I have the cores just I haven't really thought of what weapons to use except pierce gun. :S
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

Male Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 am

@XiaoFu wrote:
Pretty sure thats not Elme. S leg but, its lucheer if I remember.

And yeah I needs adivce too since, forever not good at hoppers and I have the cores just I haven't really thought of what weapons to use except pierce gun. :S

Estes Mag, Combat Mag, Ballista Shooter, Scouter's Rifle, Handy Baz, Custom Mag. Renny AMs work too. And probably Piercegun AMJs. Probably.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:55 am

@Winty wrote:
When I played misty hopper I used a force barrier LGJ, pretty easy to fit if you take all capa and drop regain/blast guard
Would would you need this? You have a subweapon dedicated to being immune to bullets anyways... Sure the start up time is much faster on the force barrier but I dont think you'd need another method of protecting yourself from bullets when you already have one.

My misty build has build arm ams, froglander bs x2, laz legs with a handy mag x pierce gun (mod) combo.
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Wolfguy doko? HP tunes and K shields let you Rambo in a sense. A huge draw back is if you ever happen to fall into water, but I supposed that can be solved with Practise.( Also that bot with vulcans for internals, since it seems much more common than Wolfguy).

Well Fiz kinda came to my attention when I noticed his low cost and the ability to equip a K shield. It works pretty well despite missing quick jump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Land Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forum free | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com