Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:00 am

@Winty wrote:

What?
So, not only are you able to specifically control the movements of enemy plays and pick your fights(this is VERY different from the concept of positioning - you are talking about 1v1 fights here.) you also know the exact stats, tunes, and carts of every enemy bot in the arena, because I don't think there is any other way you can make such a precise calculation otherwise.
I don't know where you got that assumption from. What he's talking about is similar in terms of how a general Pokemon match is played. Pokemon are sent out, and you can make basic assumptions of how they are played. IE someone sends out a Gyrados and one can assume that it's either a bulky build or a Dragon Dance build. Besides, not like it's any different than Cosmic Break. If someone sees a Mialy, they're going to assume "Fly build" and "Tec based." If someone sees a MBG, they assume "Walk based" and "Str based" because that's just how they're generally known as, and because they got those common faces, it's just a basic common assumption used by many to classify different characters. This is what it means to "pick an opponent." Analyze what they can do, make basic general but logical assumptions on what they are capable of, and decide whether or not to engage them in combat.

The thing he's trying to explain is, if he's choosing a target (Let's say a long art unit), would he be able to kill the unit outright without taking too much damage, or will he have to rely on the shield? With KLazShield, he has the option to choose whether or not he wants to put the shield up in case he doesn't want to take damage that would get him stunned. Otherwise, he can just go up straight for the kill and not worry about the shield.

The one thing he is trying to explain is that because of the option to choose whether the shield gets deployed, it makes it better than the buckler in different situations. Because the buckler is always out, any stray damage you take can become detrimental and that shield might blow up in a time of crucial need. Your HP can be restored, but your shield HP cannot.

Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:48 am

@Akhenderson wrote:
[The thing he's trying to explain is, if he's choosing a target (Let's say a long art unit), would he be able to kill the unit outright without taking too much damage, or will he have to rely on the shield?

It's a 40HP shield. If 40 HP will make a difference, he is not estimating, he is mathcrafting, which he can only do if he knows the EXACT damage something will do, and the exact damage something will take. Did this lone art do high boost beta or high boost alpha? Having 1 str as opposed to having -4 str will determine if he can WB dodge 2 attacks as opposed to 1, which is where 40 HP(basically a single hit and a single stun) will make a difference. Did he do a tec tune to get from 39 to 40, or did he do a ranger tune, which would give him 15 more hp? These are the things you need to be aware of to make his theorycrafting make sense. This is how much extra survivability 40hp and 1 stun gives you.

My competitive pokemon knowledge is a little old(i played 3rd gen netbattle in middleschool/highschool) but what he is saying is basically the same as knowing the exact IVs the opponent selected in order to get the right hidden power. "oh aerodactyl has 130 base speed and maxed EVs in speed, but he wants to run 70 base power hidden power ground so he only has 27 IVs in speed since he used the default setting for HP ground instead of customizing it to drop a different stat instead, so my jolteon will go first and OHKO him for an easy kill." Sorry, no.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 am

@Winty wrote:
@Aurum_Sol wrote:
because of my option to choose my opponent i will also be able to judge if i can do it while being stunned or if i MUST avoid being stunned at any cost to be able to reach my enemy.

What?
So, not only are you able to specifically control the movements of enemy plays and pick your fights(this is VERY different from the concept of positioning - you are talking about 1v1 fights here.) you also know the exact stats, tunes, and carts of every enemy bot in the arena, because I don't think there is any other way you can make such a precise calculation otherwise.

considering the large amount of moebots in the arena which allready takes a huge load of work away and the general idea an experienced player has to what cores are around as well as the possible help of broad radar or friendlys, locking on the enemys as well as experience from the prior matches will give you a basic idea of what to expect from most encounters

even you would do that while playing melee, except your bumrushing or attack any kind of enemy no matter what it is

the very idea behind playing many ouka builds was to pick on single enemys either by taking a target of opporturnity or by creating one, dont act like 1v1 is uncommon in this game in 15v15 rooms

Quote :

@Aurum_Sol wrote:
i will not bother going into melee, toughness, crimson veil, hp and stun regain since it will not matter for the design aspect of the shield. and i think to recall i allready wrote enough on those matters anyways at other occasions.

"I'm not going to talk about how melee bots function when it comes to survivability"
excuse me, we are discussing a shield intended for use in melee bots, right? How this shield, are your special method of using it interacts with this process does matter.
also where?

because from the very start i never even once suggested using it as a mean to increase your survivability in an offensive situation, which was really damn obvious. either you should start reading what i write or stop trying to molding it into something that fits you better.

Quote :

suicide builds = use a beezle arm and a buckler. EHP of this combination is 65. EHP of laz AM4 is 55. Why are you using this again?

stats non reliant to tuning, obviously

Quote :

As to my mentality: Here's a challenge. Show me a melee build that uses laz AM4 where you can't just use a kshield instead. This means a melee build that either uses an SS-sized weapon, or an S-sized core with locked melee but unlocked arms. The melee you use must actually be viable.

why would you try to get rid of nonmelee core abilitys as well as trying to get rid of the option to utilise M sized weaponry on weaponless S sized cores
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 am

Is Nemlim a good hopper?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 am

@Aurum_Sol wrote:
considering the large amount of moebots in the arena which allready takes a huge load of work away and the general idea an experienced player has to what cores are around as well as the possible help of broad radar or friendlys, locking on the enemys as well as experience from the prior matches will give you a basic idea of what to expect from most encounters

even you would do that while playing melee, except your bumrushing or attack any kind of enemy no matter what it is

the very idea behind playing many ouka builds was to pick on single enemys either by taking a target of opporturnity or by creating one, dont act like 1v1 is uncommon in this game in 15v15 rooms

1. read my previous post.

2. I don't play melee because it's stupid

3. Since when do oukas have arm hardpoints to use the part in question?

Quote :
because from the very start i never even once suggested using it as a mean to increase your survivability in an offensive situation, which was really damn obvious. either you should start reading what i write or stop trying to molding it into something that fits you better.

"shields are not meant to increase survivability"
I'm sorry, why are you using this part again?

Quote :
why would you try to get rid of nonmelee core abilitys as well as trying to get rid of the option to utilise M sized weaponry on weaponless S sized cores

1. You said this is for melee

2. Because if the weapon is M or S, you can use it on an M-sized core and just use a kshield.

LXE wrote:
Is Nemlim a good hopper?
Original/campaign nemlim has 190 range on her main weapon, which is, like, really bad. Really, really bad. I guess you could skip the EIWs and stick a random weapon on her if you wanted too.
Nemlim mellow, however, has a bit more range(enough to make a noticable difference) and is one of the few bots in this game that pretty much hard-counters everything. It fucks other hoppers with charge delay, it fucks over airs with charge delay, it fucks over arts with charge delay(though you should automatically beat arts by being a hopper.) It destroys melees with it's counter. It's one of the dumbest, most overpowered things in this game.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 am

Except Nemlim comes out at like 1090 without Capa tunes, and most builds end up with massive HP and a meatsheild of a WB. She can be very annoying and nice when played right.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:18 am

i prefered floatdash for normal nemlim, though
because floatdash is so much easier to let your bits being hit by melee without taking damage yourself
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:59 am

Added Zero Fighter NEXT core and booster. Shoutouts to krayfish.
Back to top Go down
AthenaWyrm
AthenaWyrm

Male Posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:21 am

how2hop

roll your face on the keyboard
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 am

Sol volca wings
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:41 pm

@Winty wrote:
It's one of the dumbest, most overpowered things in this game.

i thought she just average good because of low cappa and locked parts

maybe i should try to play with her >.<
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:57 pm

@That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
Sol volca wings

don't have, no comment at this time.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:05 pm

sol volca bs is basically next bs only better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:42 pm

@Winty wrote:
Oh my. Embarassed

EDIT: Speaking of Sol Volca, how come no one has recommended his LG? They're comparable to Katana LG, but for S/M size.

Take a look at the sizes on an Accel Saber BD.
  • Ace Braver LG: http://puu.sh/1x9rl
  • Sol Volca LG: http://puu.sh/1x9qe
  • Katana LG: http://puu.sh/1x9sI

An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 1x9BT
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 pm

iKray wrote:
@Winty wrote:
Oh my. Embarassed

EDIT: Speaking of Sol Volca, how come no one has recommended his LG? They're comparable to Katana LG, but for S/M size.

Take a look at the sizes on an Accel Saber BD.
  • Ace Braver LG: http://puu.sh/1x9rl
  • Sol Volca LG: http://puu.sh/1x9qe
  • Katana LG: http://puu.sh/1x9sI

An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 1x9BT

Availability as a UC drop I would assume.
Back to top Go down
Phantomhive
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Phantomhive

Male Posts : 507

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 am

GIGANBERG?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:19 am

@Phantomhive wrote:
GIGANBERG?

non habeo
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:24 am

@Aurum_Sol wrote:
i prefered floatdash for normal nemlim, though
because floatdash is so much easier to let your bits being hit by melee without taking damage yourself

Trying it out. Seems to work much better than Short Boost in that regard.

What about Sway, though?
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 am

when i played normal nemlim there was only old sway, i didnt really try it, but it should definatly work with new sway and high walk, still floatdash alone blocked any thought of nemlim as hopper for me ;p
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:30 am

Okay, thank you very much (:
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm

update: added misty hollow AM5.
Please suggest other detactable weapon arms. Note that I may not have them/may have no idea what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Renny AM5 is a Piercegun but despite not having it I think you can see it's worth using:

85 cost
15 Force
210 Ammo
260 range
340 speed
400 Int

20 HP
-1 str/2 TEC/1 Fly/2 TGH

Pretty godly for a weaponized arm with a handslot, for that cost especially.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 pm

*am3
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 pm

where the fuck did I get AM5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:57 pm

@Trill wrote:
where the fuck did I get AM5

Here.

@Winty wrote:
update: added misty hollow AM5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!   An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An overly long and completely worthless guide to land hoppers!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Land Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com