Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter Empty
PostSubject: Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter   Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:14 am

Warning this leads to me raging.

Simple yes or no question personally my answer is HELL THE FUCK NO. I always felt manga writers as of late overly milk mangas to make em last longer shit like bleach were there will be a page with 3 scenes and one of them a close up of the guy with just one word. Even the monthly mangas have 2 little content and just feel 2 small and weekly mangas are starting to damn near be short as a comic u could find in the funny papers that has no arcs or continuity. As for monthly manga I can read a 30 page manga in 5 -2 minutes which will consist of very little text and a comic takes 12-15 minutes and can consit of just 15 pages-22 . Seeing as all mangas are is japanese comics there is no fucking excuse for the lack of story in a single chapter and the constant ball dragging of dragging out a story so one arc last 6 months. For instance I am reading teen titans today part of a major multi comic ark 64 words on a page and in depth dialogue in just 1 page, Next page 45 words, Next page 55 words. And the conclusion to a giant arc that ends and leads to 3 more arcs for 3 diff comics all in one arc lots of satisfying story that leaves lots of answers but raises few a few questions that looks like they are leading to a bigger picture. I read gantz next first page 4 word bubbles for a conversation to have FIVE FUCKING WORDS ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME THAT SHIT TOOK 4 word bubbles.Next page 2 word bubbles of a whooping nine words for the same conversation -_____-||| that all could have fit on one slide not even one page one scene, Next page there looking at each other with no words... fuck this I am bout to go beat the writer of gantz upside the head with a stick. Ps I finished gantz in 2 minutes boring cliff hanger ending zero plot movement.

In manga writers defense they dont do this till the mangas are halfway or 80% done its like they go from being competent story telly tellers to writing what is the equilivant to monkeys throwing poop at a wall to see what stick. I mean there are cliff hangers and then there is putting out so little content I give no fucks what happens in the next chapter and soon get bored and drop the series.

P.S. I dont really care for teen titans much was just reading it cause they are getting ready to team up with red hood and the outlaws(super sexy starfire and meeh aresanol) who I love to take down joker who I love just as much. And cause I am reading superboy dont really care for him just reading him cause i like superman and theres a 4 super who I never seen in superman who just showed up last chapter who i am hoping showed up in super girl or superboys comic. Also superboys comic tied into a major arc with teen titans and lost legion and will probly lead to more tie ins since they all share the same major enemy/op string puller. So many tie ins make BT have to read and download to much. And after that I have read a shit ton of bat family batman/nightwing comics for night of owls. Read some of it with redhood hes part of the bat family.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter   Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:09 am

Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter QR3OF

And don't read superhero ongoing series (Elseworlds and Vertigo are fine) unless they are named Blue Beetle.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter   Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Ey, yo, some manga have rapid development.

This manga, for example. The chapters are really short, though, since the editor doesn't have any assistants. But a lot of shit happens really fast.

Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter   Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:38 pm

I came to this thread hoping it would be nice.

Then I see BT's wall of text and decide against it.

It really depends on the manga, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter   Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Suki_Eve wrote:
I came to this thread hoping it would be nice.

Then I see BT's wall of text and decide against it.

It really depends on the manga, to be honest.

Later on in my post I said newer manga the general feeling is anime and manga are on a decline in quality a hard and fast one at that.
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter   Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Like Suki said, you have some good examples on TRIGUN, Alita, I am hero, Monster -Billy Bat, 20th century boys (and well, even Zetsuen no Tempest and Kazumi Magica) to read good character development, most of shounen mangas on weekly jumps are really shitty, aside for a few ones.
Since you pointed Bleach, most of those mangas, that never reachs an end, are really bad
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter   Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:36 pm

zerocl wrote:
Like Suki said, you have some good examples on TRIGUN, Alita, I am hero, Monster -Billy Bat, 20th century boys (and well, even Zetsuen no Tempest and Kazumi Magica) to read good character development, most of shounen mangas on weekly jumps are really shitty, aside for a few ones.
Since you pointed Bleach, most of those mangas, that never reachs an end, are really bad

Yes bleach was the worse example i could think of writer needs to be killed, Guyver was a really filling one for me and air gear half way threw,Im not reading zetsuen tempest till I finnish the anime. Another bad one is BTOOM a monthly manga and even two chapters to me have way to little happen in that manga.

Zetsuen no tempest is a great example tho a plot with other plots in the middle making everything come full circle Meeh Im just getting tired of single layer stories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter   Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter Empty

Back to top Go down

Do mangas provide enough story and development each chapter
Page 1 of 1