Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A good UC spy build?

Go down 
+6
JadeCicada
Aurum_Sol
tehprognoob
IncuSlave
mikuri
Rexir2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

Male Posts : 188

A good UC spy build? Empty
PostSubject: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:59 pm

While browsing the UC shop, I came across Shadow Hunter. Cute little ninja bot, huh?
Knowing myself all too well, I butchered the sucker, bought some parts, and pasted him back together.

Since I bought the parts from the UC shop, they only have 1 slot each.
That's fine, since I won't be raising the bot's stats much.

Here's the rundown of it, and before anyone asks, yes, I'm horrible at coming up with original names.

Name: Scout
Type: Land
Size: Small

Custom Cartridges-
Raise Cost Capacity +80 (x6)
Short Boost
Stealth System
Sniper Sight
Broad Radar

Parts (Tunes)-
Shadow Hunter BD
Dual Rifle Bit
Neon Neos HD (Power)
Cute Beret
Berry Earrings
Accel Saber BS (Power)
Shadow Hunter LG (Run)
Dikaros AM (Power)
Cutter (High Run)
Dikaros AM (Power)
Scouter's Rifle (Force, Paralyze)

Stats-
Cost: 800
Capa: 800
HP: 344
STR: 8
TEC: 8
WLK: 27
FLY: 7
TGH: 7

This little guy is going to be VERY annoying in the arena, for the following reasons:
1- He's a small target. Hitting him is going to be a chore.
2- He's pretty fast, AND he can hop. Terrain shouldn't be a problem, and avoidance is furthur made easier.
3- He's got stealth cartridges. Good luck finding him.
4- He's got Broad Radar. He can pick off lone bots while avoiding groups. He can also guide friends to possible targets.
5- He's got a powerful gun. Great damage, ammo, range, speed, and rate of fire. Tuned for a high stun rate too.
6- The cutter can be used almost endlessly for item farming (except from meta cactus), or desperate stun-locking.
7- As far as level 10 bots go, his cost is pretty low. Trololololol

Of course, he's not perfect. With low HP and TGH stats, avoidance is even more necessary for survival.

Personally, I gave him a melee weapon for virtually unlimited ammo. I would expect other players to swap in a buckler for improved survivablility.

As with any bot, improper use will end in getting blown up time and time again. Also, there is no "perfect" build for ANY bot. I would love to hear any ideas for improving this little guy. Thank you.

Last edited by Rexir2 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to include accessories)
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:14 pm

I think using a better core for hopping would be best.
1-2 hopping carts missing, which I think are pretty usefull.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Tip - Use Pawnger, Fizalivan, Lazflamme, or Accel Saber instead.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeah... not the best choice for the BD. Also, trying bringing the cost down a bit. 800 Cost for 26 WLK and single-digit stats isn't particularly good.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:45 pm

>800 cost

>those shit stats

nigga you for real?

also lol 2X effect tunes on a scout rifle?

Even an atrocious build would at least look like

Spoiler:

Also requesting mod move this to gameplay discussion section
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:57 am

gj community, once again.

blatantly ignoring half the aspects of the original build and turning it into something completly different yet again.
if you people are able capable of building bots, which is what your builds suggest, why dont you start putting it to some use instead of posting the same generic shit into every thread you can find.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:25 pm

I fixed a major calculation error I made on my build. I'm pretty embarrased by it.

I looked into the suggestions that you guys made, and the BDs are all pretty good for hopping. However, I found some major problems.
1- My build isn't really meant for hopping. The short boost is for improved mobility.
2- None of the suggested cores have stealth system, sniper sight, AND broad radar. That kinda defeats the purpose of being a spy. Shadow Hunter has all three cartridges, and it's possible to have them all equipped at the same time.

Low stats do NOT always mean that the build sucks. I've beaten a Jace by using a completely untuned Pawnger armed with a kamui staff, a custom mag, and an axesword bit.

Please try to stay on topic. If anyone finds a UC core that can have stealth system, sniper sight, AND broad radar, please post it here. Thank you all for the feedback.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:38 pm

I find Sniper Sight to be a bit excessive, especially with a rapid fire weapon.

I also would say that you shouldn't half-ass a build, but reVelske says you're pretty good at what you're currently using.

I guess the fitting term here would be "Use what you like."
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Rexir2 wrote:

2- None of the suggested cores have stealth system, sniper sight, AND broad radar. That kinda defeats the purpose of being a spy. Shadow Hunter has all three cartridges, and it's possible to have them all equipped at the same time.

not suprising considering its the only core of that type that is readily aviable and afaik the only one obtainable at this point in time
its also one of the reasons why i made my earlier post that appearently pissed someone of since hes going on about it somewhere else :>
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Shadow Hunter was originally the core I planned to do my "PS Sneak Breaker" build on. I ended up switching to Ghost Raider, mostly for M-size potential. People always say "Stealth System is useless, everyone packs Broad Radar", but the frequency at which I am asked "Where were you!?" and "Why didn't anyone tag you!?" is actually high enough.

Rexir2 wrote:
Please try to stay on topic. If anyone finds a UC core that can have stealth system, sniper sight, AND broad radar, please post it here. Thank you all for the feedback.

UC specifically, there is Victory 1, King Megaton, Cyberoid, and Snailbot, all for different kinds of setups (I don't really recommend doing this kind of thing with Snailbot). If you expand it to "Rt-shop buyable", then Ghost Raider is an option, which is a pretty nice M-Air for this. You can also include Saggitary Maxis I, which is free for new players who don't start with Lily - he has a slightly different but still very viable "scout enemy and strike from stealth" gameplay. I wanted to say Butterflea, but unfortunately while he does get all three carts, he only gets them all at level 9.

iKray wrote:
I find Sniper Sight to be a bit excessive, especially with a rapid fire weapon.

Scouter's Rifle may be rapid fire but it's also got decent (not long, but decent) range on it. For the kind of playstyle intended by this cart combination, not revealing your presence before getting into the right position is very critical. Another advantage is that deliberately just targeting enemies will reveal them to your allies, which fits right in with the job of a "spy". Sniper Sight lets you do this, again, without blowing your cover.

Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:13 pm

JadeCicada wrote:
UC specifically, there is Victory 1, King Megaton, Cyberoid, and Snailbot, all for different kinds of setups (I don't really recommend doing this kind of thing with Snailbot).

Mobility is gonna be a bitch with all 4 of those. Plus, Megaton and Snailbot are giant targets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Rexir2 wrote:
Also, I took a visit to the ancient Koi-calc and used the Cart searcher. Also took the time to flip through some shop bot carts.

List of some UC/Shop RT cores with all 3 of those Carts:
Code:
Cyberoid BD
Ghost Raider BD
King Megaton BD
Victory BD3
Maril March BD
Maril March BD3 (Trill, still obtainable from code campaign)
Saggitary Maxis BD
Shadow Hunter BD
Snailbot BD
Crimrose BD8
I included some RT shop bots because you can get those with UC->RT.
Most of them (or maybe even all) get all three carts past level 9.

Last edited by iKray on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:46 pm

A.Maid, Butterflea, Desk, and Lark Pit can't actually get all three because those three carts are all L9+.

IncuSlave wrote:
Mobility is gonna be a bitch with all 4 of those. Plus, Megaton and Snailbot are giant targets.

Cyberoid has 12/8 WLK/FLY. Shadow Hunter has 10/5. He's also M-SUP which gives him some very, very nasty equipment options on this end, even UC-wise (Nuttz BS for starters).

Victory 1 has enormous capacity potential for a bot pre-loaded with a main weapon, so while his FLY is lower (4 versus 5), he has all the ability to make up for that in tuning.

Part choice can mitigate much of Megaton's girth, but yeah, he's not the most optimal of choices. Still is technically a fair option, and he has great weapon access to provide some hilarious results.

Snailbot is self-admittedly a very poor choice for this kind of strategy, because he is terribly fat *and* has low capa potentail *and* has pitiful mobility in spite of an internal BS. Still worth a mention.

I did overlook Crimrose, because I'm not completely fond of her complete lack of parts swapping, but she *does* offer 25 FLY to start so at least you have a good starting point.

Maril March actually has nice base stats (15 TEC, 13 WLK, 9 FLY), and her capa potential even fully carted isn't too shabby for this kind of build direction. I'd personally prefer Victory 1 as an M Art just because he has a Mini Long Range Unit and much better capacity.

Last edited by JadeCicada on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:47 pm

JadeCicada wrote:
A.Maid, Butterflea, Desk, and Lark Pit can't actually get all three because those three carts are all L9+.
Gayness.
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm

I thought up a slight variation to my original build, aiming for survivability and a lower cost over firepower.

Name: Scout2
Type: Land
Size: Small

Custom Cartridges-
Raise Cost Capacity +80 (x5)
Short Boost
Boost Run
Stealth System
Sniper Sight
Broad Radar

Parts (Tunes)-
Shadow Hunter BD
Rifle Bit
Neon Neos HD
Cute Beret
Berry Earrings
Accel Saber BS
Shadow Hunter LG
Dikaros AM (Power Alpha)
Scouter's Rifle
Dikaros AM (Power Alpha)
Buckler

Stats-
Cost: 720
Capa: 720
HP: 320
STR: 6
TEC: 6
WLK: 23
FLY: 7
TGH: 7

With only 2 minor tunes, this setup is easier for casual UC players.

Boost run makes a huge difference in getting to a target area and being able to retreat, but may be a problem for direct engagements. Sneak attacks are better for spies anyway.

Although this variant has less HP, the buckler more than makes up for that. The problem is ammo, since item farming without a melee weapon is much more risky.

I noticed that lots of players like to spike STR or TEC for their non-support bots. Personally, I like using my bits for more than 10 seconds at a time. Hiding around a corner or behind a rock with my rifle bits out is actually a pretty safe way for attacking without exposing myself to gunfire. Except against Mialy's railguns. I hate dealing with those.

In your opinions, which version would you rather use? Also, if you have your own (relevant) builds, I would really like to see them. Thank you.

Last edited by Rexir2 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot accessories)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Wow nevermind, had a brainfart. Use some Accessories. They're free stats.
Having 23 wlk and 8/9 fly will bump you up to blue tier boost run.

Boost Run chart:

Also, have you used the Cosmiccalc? It makes it a bit easier to check possible builds out for your bot.

cosmiccalc.zzl.org
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:10 pm

I forgot about the accessories. The builds should have them now.

Wow, I didn't realize how much FLY affects Boost Run. I also haven't used the Cosmiccalc before. It's been a while since I felt this ignorant. LOL

As for the tunes, the lower-cost setup would end up with less STR than TEC, which shortens the duration of the bit. It's a habit of mine to try to keep them balanced.

These tools will help me with build planning. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm

i dunno if i really had to do this i'd probably be along these lines

Spoiler:

i personally think stealth system is terrible (enemy broad radar sees straight through it) and all of its functions can be replaced by careful use of broad radar

all of the parts are available from super uc gara except frog/cosmo kaiser/cutter, and tank tunes are useful to any lnd so you can move those parts over to bolster new bots you get later on

the accel saber bs gets 3x hrun alpha because my shino is packing something similar so it can be used in other builds too, plus it's +8 wlk in a single part and that is sexy and also accel bs is unusually tiny for an m-sized part

i use 1s versions of cutter/frog/cosmo because 1. i have no clue where to find multislot cutters 2. 2/3s versions of frog/cosmo kaiser are insanely useful and should be used for other things

this have orange boostrun, leftover capa for other things and a spare level; do whatever you like from here

EDIT: don't bother balancing str/tec for wonder bits, in the vast majority of cases it's not really worth it

EDIT2: sway is hilarious you should try it
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Spoiler:
Meh, w/e, here you go.

All of this is UC, since you wanted a UC spy build.

Now go pewpew things. Made this in 3 mins btw.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 pm

my current one has better stats, but this was my idea of a tiny bitch to hit hopper 'spy'

Spoiler:

In my defense i put this together in like 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
ZedEX-FedEX~
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 595

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:47 am

I would prefer accel saber with bazooka, since this build really lacks at damage, although he has no broad, but additional head slot makes it up, also a very good carts to get and stats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A good UC spy build?   A good UC spy build? Empty

Back to top Go down

A good UC spy build?
Page 1 of 1