Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Medicball Build/Tuning

Go down 
+5
Relict?
That_Wiesel_Guy
Gerrion
Tuskin
NeWIZ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Male Posts : 169

Medicball Build/Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:16 pm

I plan on getting a Medicball sometime and I'd like some ideas on what would be a good tuning build. The only part that's removable from Medicball is the BS and everything else is locked parts (thus main reliance on tuning). Suggestions on cartridges also welcome.

Planned:
- All Capacity carts
- Broad Radar

Need help with:
- What BS should I use or just tune the one that comes with it?
- Other suggested cartridges aside from the ones mentioned above
- Recommended tunes and stats to shoot for
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:41 pm

If you are going to stay in the front discard radar and pick some custom mov carts. Tune tgh, wlk and hp. If you want to chill behind your team your main goal is to upgrade the healgun with ammo.

Guard cats importance: Blast>Beam>Sword. Don't forget to warn any teammates with status effect weapons (malice, monica, perse, etc) to not shoot lone melee bots getting too close.

Medicball can't farm so don't be afraid of charging with the rest of the team if you are out of healgun ammo.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Well, for starters, a good BS to go for would be the Tycoon BS, the flag Booster that's bazaarable. It gives a good chunk of Fly so it would help if you're going for the Fly option.

Now, if you're going for all the capacity cartridges and Broad Radar, that means you'll be left with 2 cartridges. You've got two choices: you go for a WLK based and Pick Short Boost, or FLY and Float Dash. In my opinion, the final cartridge would be Beam Guard, because, on most of the times i healed with Medicball, one of the most frequent and annoying damage came from Fly robots who rambo'ed through enemy skies, including Seraphs and their Novas, so having Beam Guard helps the most.

The Build below is an example. It has a lot of things, if you're planning to go big time: 38 Fly and Float Dash, equal Str and Tec for your Repair bit, double Clearance for hp and some survivability, and, if you can spare it, a Ex Great Tough tune to reach the good 16 tgh value and some extra hp, for a total of 471 hp. Do note that you can use the normal Great Tough tune, but 25 less hp on a convinient tune does help your build.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:48 pm

You can still hop with high fly. I think it's the same with float dash and walk too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Gerrion wrote:
Well, for starters, a good BS to go for would be the Tycoon BS, the flag Booster that's bazaarable. It gives a good chunk of Fly so it would help if you're going for the Fly option.
Butak BS is actually +1 Fly and +3 Tgh. Just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Tycoon gives 1 FLY, 3 TGH, 20 HP for 30 cost. You might have mixed TGH up with FLY.

Medicball BS is actually the best FLY-based BS L supports can get. 30 cost for 20 HP, 1 TEC, 3 FLY, 1 TGH.

Don't really see a point in 16 tgh if you don't have Stun Regain.

Oh....yeah net derped and I thought I posted. Kray-chan beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 4:59 am

Yeah, now that you mention it, Medicball BS does suit the build best, although having a Red Cross flag is awesome in my book Razz

And the point behind 16 tgh is not to make Medicball that squishy. Also, there was one empty slot on the build (BSJ and Accs apart ofc), so i thought Ex Great Tough would be a nice pick.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Male Posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Will Short Boost and Float Dash depend on play style or are just personal preference? Most of my experience as a healing support was mostly to hang back away from the frontlines. If I ever had to go near the front, I usually heal as quickly as possible then retreat.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:25 pm

I feel float dash is pretty useful for evading melees (short boost accomplishes this too but melees with good vertical reach will still have an easy time catching you). On the other hand non-airs need quick boost to be able to continually use float dash, and I'm not sure if medicball has that.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Suguri wrote:
I feel float dash is pretty useful for evading melees (short boost accomplishes this too but melees with good vertical reach will still have an easy time catching you). On the other hand non-airs need quick boost to be able to continually use float dash, and I'm not sure if medicball has that.
ARTs can still get by fine by spamming float dash without Quick Boost, but LNDs and SUPs need it for sure.

Float Dash with 38 FLY would be a much safer bet to go anyways.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:55 pm

Suguri wrote:
and I'm not sure if medicball has that.

He has Quick Boost at level 9.
Back to top Go down
Rukoto
Rukoto

Female Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 am

I was thinking of getting hops to stay rider friendly (you'd lean with fd); you should have room for radar to see anything coming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:25 pm

I haven't really gotten that far on my own MedicBall Build, but I have plenty of stuff planned, and I will give some suggestions.

First of all, Medicball's WLK and FLY should be the priority, as for it has to get out there fast and be ready to heal others in time. Medicball isn't really much of a fighter, and the weapons are more for self-defense and not meant to be the main offense. So STR and TEC isn't very important, but WLK and FLY is, so you can reach others to heal in time. However, you'll want at least a bit of TEC so it still can defend itself enough, and balance it with the STR so the Wonder Bit is balanced. I'd say about 5 or 6 TEC might be sufficient, and about the same with STR too.
You might want to have higher HP too, so it doesn't get killed as easily when getting to others. Mine has so far been mostly tuned for FLY and HP, but I'll add more once I get more materials and slot protectors.

Also, I would change the BS to a Pulsardio BS. Pulsardio BS gives it a good amount of WLK, FLY, and a little TGH too, which is most important. It also does better than the default Medicball BS. I currently have Pulsardio BS on mine, and it works quite well.

Also, since the Wonder Bit is one of the main points, give it a Tough Wonder Bit cartridge, which will help it more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medicball Build/Tuning   Medicball Build/Tuning Empty

Back to top Go down

Medicball Build/Tuning
Page 1 of 1