Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Ouka Scarlet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Male Posts : 364

Ouka Scarlet Empty
PostSubject: Ouka Scarlet   Ouka Scarlet EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Ouka Scarlet 1lnLu

Looks like Ouka finally took a dose of sanity, though frankly I'd have tossed the Ouraikiri a long time ago instead of reforging it. Maybe the curse was forged out of it?

As a variant of Ouka, expect her skills to be compared to the original's in this write-up.

Specifications:

*The base stats and cartridges are all the same as vanilla Ouka's, save one: the Shinuchi Kououraikiri costs 180 as opposed to the original's 155.

Abilities:

Tips and tricks for playing Ouka Scarlet:

-Ouka Scarlet is point-for-point a straight upgrade to vanilla Ouka, so the strategies you used for vanilla will work for Scarlet.
-The Slash (blade beam) is your answer to AIRs and speedy ground-based robots. Just make sure you have a clear shot at the target, because its hitbox is huge and prone to colliding with obstacles if you aren't careful.
-Practice with the click-pause-click-pause combo, because it will be your main damage dealer. Note that the timing is different than before. If you can't get the combo down, at least practice hitting things with the razor wind; shifting past the enemy, getting them stuck in the wind and then turning around to do it again can rack up damage quickly as well as stunlock the victim. (For the record, I myself haven't been able to do the full combo, but I have heard reports of others being able to do it just fine.)
-The Guard ability doesn't restrict your movement at all. Use it to close the gap between you and those alphags, or if you just need that pesky AIR to stop bothering you while you chase something else.
-Guard doesn't produce a lock-on. You can use this to sneak up on enemies as if you had the Sniper Sight cartridge installed.
-Guard does not protect your back.
-While still not spamable, the Ouka Raisen is much more viable now since most of its restrictions were removed. Learning to combo it and Slayer together is essential to racking up frags.
-Try Ouka Raisening bots that are being chased by allies. If you hit them, they'll be frozen in place and at the mercy of your team.
-Remember that you have a shoulder-shield. When fighting enemies and you can't be arsed to use your Guard for (or have no ammo for it), try to direct abuse towards it. It has 60 HP.
-Guard doesn't have a lock-on, and Slash will only give the enemy the warning after you fire it. If you use the Stealth System cartridge, remember this so you can get the drop on enemies.
-Don't be fooled into believing you can use the exact same tune sets on Ouka Scarlet as you may have with the regular Ouka. It's easy to overlook the extra 25 Cost that her new sword has.

Tips and tricks for combating Ouka Scarlet:

-Despite the typical rules for dealing with melee robots, the best way to handle Ouka Scarlet is with a melee robot of your own. Normally ranged attacks would be preferred, but her new Guard ability severely hampers them. Go for melee abuse that can either stunlock decently or inflict Shock. However, if you suspect the Ouka Scarlet has run out of Guard ammo, then ranged abuse is fair game.
-If you absolutely must shoot an Ouka Scarlet, make sure it's a shield-ignoring weapon. Mega Lightning Gun is one of the best choices, if not the best choice.
-Bring things meant for countering fast enemies, as any Ouka - and Ouka Scarlet by extension - worth their salt will be tuned for blistering speed. Slow tunes will absolutely ruin her day.
-If you know an Ouka Scarlet is on the enemy team, watch your back. You don't get a lock-on warning from them until they actually fire their sword beams, and Guard doesn't have a lock-on at all, so a Stealth System-enabled one can easily sneak up on you.
-As with any melee-reliant bot, beware of an Ouka Scarlet with Crimson Veil. Run if you see it procced on her.

Last edited by SL the Pyro on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:29 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Ouka Scarlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouka Scarlet   Ouka Scarlet EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:08 pm

The main perk I've always seen to Ouka Raisen: It's one of the safest and most reliable ways to lock a melee in place. Now that she doesn't need to sheath it makes her that much more capable defensively against Eris, Sylvia, etc. Worth noting that the special "bind" used by Elisalotte/Ouka stacks with other statuses so it won't overwrite Shock/Slow/Powerless either.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

Ouka Scarlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouka Scarlet   Ouka Scarlet EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:29 pm

also noteworthy is that her mainweaponslashes are alot slower to use due to wind up time that is comparable to gattlings
her new swordcombo will propably promote many more options besides assassination playstyle more effectively, too
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

Ouka Scarlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouka Scarlet   Ouka Scarlet EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Quote :
-While definitely improved, she's just as frail as the regular Ouka.
-While Ouka's new Guard ability reduces ranged damage...

Maybe nearly as frail, but not "just as frail." Just minor wording.
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Ouka Scarlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouka Scarlet   Ouka Scarlet EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:54 pm

After some notes from phiber, the "frail" thing was outright removed, because apparently the Guard ability is better than my tests told me. Any projectile that isn't splash or piercing will do a flat 0 damage to Ouka Scarlet while Guard is up, and it works from all directions. According to Suguri, it's in the same vein as Eris' Rejection and Sylvia's Guard.
Back to top Go down
Sladezero
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Sladezero

Male Posts : 208

Ouka Scarlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouka Scarlet   Ouka Scarlet EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:18 am

@SL the Pyro wrote:
After some notes from phiber, the "frail" thing was outright removed, because apparently the Guard ability is better than my tests told me. Any projectile that isn't splash or piercing will do a flat 0 damage to Ouka Scarlet while Guard is up, and it works from all directions. According to Suguri, it's in the same vein as Eris' Rejection and Sylvia's Guard.

idk i have her and it seems it only blocks for me if it comes from the front only
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Ouka Scarlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouka Scarlet   Ouka Scarlet EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 am

@Sladezero wrote:
idk i have her and it seems it only blocks for me if it comes from the front only
Tested it with RedApple before maint; it's true, Guard blocks 180 degrees frontwards. phiber either didn't test thoroughly or everything hit him from the sides or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ouka Scarlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouka Scarlet   Ouka Scarlet Empty

Back to top Go down

Ouka Scarlet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Land Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com