Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned

Go down 
+5
Trill
Kuzuha
MagicPotatoplz
Sladezero
SL the Pyro
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Male Posts : 364

Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned Empty
PostSubject: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:56 am

For all my hatred of the Garapon, I seem to have accomplished something out of it that not many other players have, if even anyone else:

Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned 17r4e

I wound up with all the latest versions of Misty Hollow, Nicole Malice and Persenachia. With all three of them, I realized I could make what I listed as the thread title - the Commando of the Damned, composed of the necromancer sisters and Cosmic Break's equivalent of the Grim Reaper. I decided that if there was one thing that I'm going to do in this game before inevitably quitting, it will be to level up and tune these bots to their fullest potential. I've been tinkering with CosmiCalc and have come up with these builds:

--------------------

Misty Raven:
Persenachia:
I'd have a build here for Nicole Malice Knight, but I'm honestly not sure where to begin on it; I don't want her to wind up being a complete clone of Persenachia. I'm thinking of making her a FLY-reliant bot that uses Float Dash, maybe with Accele Roll if Float Dash can combo into that (though I doubt it, since it doesn't combo with Short Boost); save for those differences, the carts mirror Perse's.

--------------------

Since I'm fully expecting this to be the last major endeavor I undergo with this game, I want to make sure I get it done right, so I'm asking you all for help in designing and perhaps improving these builds. Of course, for the sake of challenge (or maybe just because I'm a nitpicky perfectionist faggot), I have a handful of stipulations:

-The bots have to use their stock parts. This rule doesn't apply to weapons however. (I mainly decided on this because Nicole and Perse look god-awfully horrible with any LG parts that aren't their own.)
-While I have no objection to Capa tunes, I don't want the final costs to exceed 1390. (Personal reasons.)
-I may or may not use EX tunes, so imagine that I am and squeeze as much HP out of them as possible.

Now with the formalities and particulars out of the way, let's make a Commando of the Damned that inspires as much fear as anything with its name should!

Last edited by SL the Pyro on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sladezero
Police Is Coming
Police Is Coming

Male Posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:35 am

*Looks at perse*..................damn shes fat and no weapon tunes D:

i managed 3x weapon tunes, 2x clearance and about 500hp without capa tunes
heres mine(wlk based, a fly based can work too with accel roll):

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:22 am

Comments.

1. Why would you ruin your Misty by focusing on the melee after they made her main weapon into a super Piercegun (that doesn't pierce foes)? I still haven't seen many Mistys use their melee so I can't exactly say it wouldn't work, but I do know that her ranged weapon is pretty ridiculous now.
2. Geso Whip is forever outdated, and even if you used Shock Bazooka, her WB's attacks (or your attacks even) would override the shock. You also shouldn't be tuning G Capa/H Capa on Perse just to make your WB last a bit longer; not only does it inflate your cost and is a HUGE pain to tune, but (I assume) Perse charges her WB quickly enough that you shouldn't need it to last any longer (I mean you have Tough Wonder Bit but it's still going to die). You really need more than 416 HP. And weapon tunes.
3. Personally I wouldn't go with Fly on either Perse or Nicole because I hate how you WB turns as you turn; so while you're fighting, you're stuck hopping or float dashing while having no spacebar allowed.

What I'd do if I had them:

Misty:
Note: just do yourself a favor and don't use a BS on Misty. Also, it might be worth it to drop down below 7 TGH if you tune CV. Not sure, because o' dat mist. (I'd actually probably drop below 7 TGH but I don't have her ; _ ; ) You might also be able to change the a G Force to Para and the other G Force to something else... unless you get rid of 4 WLK. Then you could probably keep G Rapid + Para + G Force.

Actually let me just make another build:

EX Tune-based Raven:

Melee would be activating CV a lot, so you shouldn't have to use up your Mist ammo to shock things quite as much. Still not sure how it would work though. :I

Persenachia:

ORRRRR I'm not sure how long a WB would last with 6/6 STR/TEC but this would be fun to play anyway:

EX Tune-based Perse:

If you drop Para you could drop the High Cap and tune High Supply or High Rapid or something.

EX tunes are of course extremely helpful and getting at least 3 or 4 on each of them isn't too hard. The second build for both is based around EX tunes though, so... don't do that one if you don't want to put in the effort/mats.
Not sure what to do about Nicole though.

Maybe I'm just being unoriginal.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:19 am

A good note on how Perse can be effective. She works great with her teammates as a support (even if there's no teamwork in CBEN). Mine hardly has any tunes but I'm able to use her quite well.
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:47 pm

@Sladezero: I'm not a big fan of Clearance to be honest, and on Perse it seems a little redundant. It's not like you're going to be charging right into the enemies and getting every status effect possible thrown at you (or at least you shouldn't, given that she's a SUP).

--------------------

@MagicPotatoPlz: In regards to Misty, while I do understand that her main weapon is nearly god-tier, I don't want to outright neglect the scythe melee; its damage difference between 1 STR and 40 STR is pretty extreme. Misty is an odd case where I can't neglect either weapon, so tuning them together is difficult. (Also, try to keep it below 1390 cost please.) I do approve of the Crimson Veil tunes though.

Now on the other hand, I like the Persenachia EX build. The idea of a tanky, quick Perse appeals to me, but the lack of STR and TEC is irksome... so I tinkered with your build a bit:
EX Tune-based Perse, my version:
Had to drop some WLK and TGH, but I crammed in some more offensive power. Also lost a few HP, but it's still above 700. Honestly the reason I had the Geso Whip on the last build was so I'd have a close-range alternative for lack of a way to keep enemies away from me. But if she's going to be this durable and have Paralyze, then I think it's a fair trade-off. What do you all think?

And about Nicole Malice Knight, I was wanting a high FLY stat not for outright flying, but to make Float Dash more effective. Picture what is essentially seven different enemies circle-strafing you with 38 FLY and you'll get what I have in mind.

--------------------

@Kuzuha: Technically you could say the same thing about any other bot in the game, but I don't disagree with you as this is essentially the job of a SUP.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Plenty of room remaining for the last cart, and any combination of Revenge/Weapon tunes.

Knight build would mirror the Perse build.
Back to top Go down
Sladezero
Police Is Coming
Police Is Coming

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:00 pm

SL the Pyro wrote:
@Sladezero: I'm not a big fan of Clearance to be honest, and on Perse it seems a little redundant. It's not like you're going to be charging right into the enemies and getting every status effect possible thrown at you (or at least you shouldn't, given that she's a SUP).

Clearance is optional, and its not just for the status effect(it helps agianst slow tuned melee, etc), its mainly for all guard.
also i do charge in with her, she may be a sup but she can do good dmg.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:03 pm

>G. Run Gamma

oh gawd why ;__;
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Argh. Okay, I really wish I'd known beforehand that every version of Nicole Malice doesn't have HD slots. It's not every day I have issues with lack of tune slots rather than capacity.
I KNOW I can do better than this:
Calling it now, the general forum verdict on this build will be "lose the Gladiator tunes." (In fact I was planning on three Gladiators and had to drop one.)

--------------------

tehprognoob wrote:
>G. Run Gamma

oh gawd why ;__;
That was my reaction at first too. Then I saw how the build worked and decided it was a necessary evil.
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Nicole:

- CV + All Guard would save you more HP than the 60 more you had in your build, whether it be the no-stun-allowed or the -30% damage All Guard gives you. Plus... CV is always nice on melee.
- This is a LOT cheaper and WAYYYYYYYY easier to tune.
- I put Blast Guard on her because I thought a Guard cart would be more useful than Quick Land due to her lack of Quick Boost, but if you want to take QL instead that's fine.
- 2x Glad + High Glad saves you 5 cost compared to High Glad.

And honestly, good luck with melee-tuned Nicole. I don't think she has the capacity for it and Nicole in general certainly wasn't made with melee in mind. If you skip out on capacity tunes she's also definitely worth the cost.

Just figured I'd throw this in too, but I guess you won't be going with this considering you want to be as tanky as possible (though I still don't recommend doing so many Cap tunes...)

niiiicoooollleeeeee:

And this:

no ex tuning allowed:
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Hm... I'm just going to have to accept that Nicole is either going to have a lot of attack stats or a lot of mobility stats; there's just not enough tune slots to make both happen, and for something that already has shitloads of offense and defense courtesy of her army-on-command, I think mobility is more important.

With that revelation, I jury-rigged two of your builds together, Potato. With Accele Roll thrown in too.
ComboNicole:
For being as constrained as Nicole is, I don't think I did too bad of a job of fitting everything in. At worst I lost a single Gladiator tune, but I'm fairly sure that the dual CVs, remaining Glad and High Glad, Accele Roll and the Buckler will make up for that.

The only catch is that it requires a 3-slot Buckler, which I don't have. However I do have a Riot Shield if I wind up not being able to find a 3-slot Buckler, so it's all good.

...And here's my next attempts at a Misty build. I went through a lot of back-and-forth on the IRC for these; I personally like the third one the most.
Balanced version:
TEC version:
TEC + Paralyze build with no CVs:

Random: I did some fuxing with the Perse build to see if I could work a Mediger AM2 onto it with as little fuss as possible, so it and the original build would be interchangeable. It turned out more hilarious than expected, especially the HP count.
THE POWER OF SATAN COMPELS YOU TO BE HEALED wait what:
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Bumping because I think I'm nearing the final decisions on what builds I'm going to be using, and I'd greatly appreciate some feedback before I set them in stone.

--------------------

Nicole Malice Knight - Regular:
Nicole Malice Knight - Healer:
This hasn't been changed at all from the previous post as I haven't found a way to improve it any further, though I pretty much confirmed earlier that I wouldn't be able to. Anyway, the theme here is speed: fast sword, fast movement, etc. Once Dead Phalanx is summoned, disposing of enemies is as simple as Float Dashing circles around them while the small army of Wonder Bits goes to work - their sheer damage output makes the low STR and TEC a moot point. Of course there's the danger of needing to hit actual enemies to charge the WB Gauge, which the Buckler/Riot Shield, Accele Roll cartridge and Crimson Veil tunes should make marginally less troublesome. She can also fit an actual Support role by switching out the unlocked AM for a Mediger AM2.

Persenachia - Regular:
Persenachia - Healer:
I went through quite a lot of back-and-forth with phiber and RedApple on the IRC chat, but we managed to improve the earlier build, so credit goes to them for the help. Perse is the polar opposite of Nicole here, being not quite as mobile but much more durable. The Great Rapid tunes make shooting enemies with the Dead Recall much easier, with the added bonus of a higher stun rate so they can't flee, which in turn means faster Dead Sect summons. The Cheer Pom-Pom also acts as a surprisingly effective stunlocker when Dead Sect is out, especially if the enemy is backed against a wall, which means less Dead Recall ammo being wasted. Like Nicole, she can rock a Mediger AM2.

Misty Raven - First Build:
Misty Raven - Second Build:
Probably about the last thing I need immediate help with is choosing between these two builds:

-The first build has a balance between STR and TEC (though them being equal is purely coincidental) in order to make better use of the Raven Scythe; while I do understand that Raven's main weapon is god-tier, I hardly see that as a reason to neglect a weapon that is worth the effort to make it hit harder. The damage falloff from the main weapon isn't that bad either, thanks to the recent buff, and I've given it a Paralyze tune to make it even better. Sway and dual Crimson Veil tunes are also present to make melee confrontations easier.

-The second build is in response to the current meta that agrees with the main weapon needing to be abused as much as possible. I've squeezed as much TEC out of it as possible while trying to keep the melee at its original strength, and the Paralyze tune is maintained, though I had to ditch the Crimson Veils.

--------------------

So, these are what my final builds are shaping up to be. As always, opinions and suggestions for potential changes are welcome and in fact encouraged, otherwise these are probably what I'll end up making. (I still need to choose between the Mistys though!)

Last edited by SL the Pyro on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:55 pm

SL the Pyro wrote:

tehprognoob wrote:
>G. Run Gamma

oh gawd why ;__;
That was my reaction at first too. Then I saw how the build worked and decided it was a necessary evil.

Spoiler:

keep in mind that i tried to keep it similarily bad as the GAMMA tune build. its still superior to it. (and it can be enhanced while keeping the criteria of the gamma build specc AND the openers wishes)
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Spoiler:

keep in mind that i tried to keep it similarily bad as the GAMMA tune build. its still superior to it. (and it can be enhanced while keeping the criteria of the gamma build specc AND the openers wishes)
Okay, okay, I was wrong. It bothers me that there's always something superior to Great Gamma tunes though - why do they even exist then?

...Anyway, after going out and testing my Commando of the Damned in a few matches without fully levelling/tuning the bots, I think I had the right idea in making these builds.

-Nicole Malice Knight is heavily susceptible to ganking, due to her bits not being very durable. Crimson Veil won't save her from five incoming enemies, she needs speed to go along with it.
-Persenachia as she is now can take an awful beating from the strongest of robots and come out on top, but she nearly dies in the process. She needs hopping and HP desperately.
-Misty Raven... after factoring in her abilities and my own playstyle - which is to find a practical use for whatever I have - I've decided to go with the 20 STR/20 TEC build. I either rush up to enemies or they rush up to me, so I might as well make the Raven Scythe melee hurt more.

...And what is this endeavor's total tune-up material cost, after factoring in healer-part switches?

The Big Damn Material List:

...Fuck. This is going to take a while...
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Better try to increase Tec and Str. Even around 20s should work. Me and Blitz had a 1 vs 1 and I was outdamaged. By a large margin too.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 pm

355 generic elements.... yeeeah good luck with that. o.o
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:57 am

Kuzuha wrote:
Better try to increase Tec and Str. Even around 20s should work. Me and Blitz had a 1 vs 1 and I was outdamaged. By a large margin too.
...You neglected to mention which robot needed the STR/TEC increase, but since Nicole is too constrained to get more stats and Misty is already in the 20's, I assume you meant Persenachia. Thus, I made these:

--------------------

Persenachia - Regular (2):
Persenachia - Healer (2):
--------------------

While I can tolerate the 30(10) HP decrease and the miniscule drop in Dead Recall's Speed, my huge gripe with this build is that if I want as much HP as possible while keeping that 20/20, I need a slotted Black Layer Ribbon and slotted Berry Earrings. I'm lucky enough to have the former in storage, but not the latter. And I'm guessing they still go for $100k+ in the bazaar.

So I have to ask: is getting from 16 STR/TEC to 20 STR/TEC really that big and necessary of a jump?

Last edited by SL the Pyro on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:30 am

If you're willing to gather that many EX materials, I don't see why buying slotted accessories poses any problems to you at all.
Back to top Go down
Sladezero
Police Is Coming
Police Is Coming

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:33 am

SL the Pyro wrote:
Kuzuha wrote:
...You neglected to mention which robot needed the STR/TEC increase, but since Nicole is too constrained to get more stats and Misty is already in the 20's, I assume you meant Persenachia. Thus, I made these:

--------------------

Persenachia - Regular (2):

sees 3-4 proto life tunes................do you even have the cosmos for that?
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 am

nzlk wrote:
If you're willing to gather that many EX materials, I don't see why buying slotted accessories poses any problems to you at all.
Money isn't the issue, as I'm well aware that it's going to take time to gather enough to buy my materials. My concern is with the acc I need - slotted Berry Earrings - being sold out because 1) there's no longer a reliable way to get them, and 2) everyone who does have them have already tuned them for their own builds. In fact even I'm an example of the second issue: I have a slotted Berry Earrings, but it's tuned onto my recently-finished Dracken. So is a slotted Black Layer Ribbon, but I actually have a second of that.

Sladezero wrote:
sees 3-4 proto life tunes................do you even have the cosmos for that?
I most certainly have the cosmos for that; I checked before making the build. I'm fortunate enough to have five Proto Cosmos on hand. I never really used them for anything other than (stupidly) for that "The Three Guardians" tutorial mate thing, and if I needed the other two desperately - I think we started with seven - I could rip them off of my starter Lily Rain. Or at least I know one of them is on her, not sure about the second.
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:23 am

If money is no obstacle I'm sure there'll be no problems purchasing a slotted Berry Earrings. Someone will sell one somewhere/somehow eventually.

I don't think tunes that were made with any special cosmos are omega regrettable(assuming that's what you mean with ripping them off your starter Lily)
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Okay, it took quite a while, but eventually I found someone who could sell me a 1s Berry Earrings. Thanks, Byakishiki!

...Anyway. I seem to have somehow horribly miscalculated the amount of mats I needed, as after recalculating it with some of the EX mats I bought...
...and after reworking Nicole Malice Knight for better stats...:
...I think I mixed up the mat requirements for the two Misty Raven builds (wouldn't you know the build I decided to use is the one that requires more parts). Here's the actual list:

The REAL Big Damn Material List:
What I'm Missing:
I wound up selling a lot more Hidora and Fudara Cosmos than I should've due to this inventory mishap. Oh well, at least they're easier to come by than the EX mats...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned   Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with my project: the Commando of the Damned
Page 1 of 1