Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got a New Account

Go down 
+2
JadeCicada
IncuSlave
6 posters
AuthorMessage
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

Got a New Account Empty
PostSubject: Got a New Account   Got a New Account EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:55 am

Having recently inherited an account from a friend IRL, I’m looking for some advice on what I should do with it. The account handle is R3MSpecter, and the reason my friend left (only after hooking me on this ridiculously addicting game) is supposedly because he doesn’t have time to play any more (honestly, I think it has more to do with the fact that he sucked outrageously). He did absolutely no tuning whatsoever, except with one bot: A Nicole Malice Skull that he mutilated via the Cosmos Pot (4 broken slots, and only 5 successful tunes). The notable bots on the account are as follows:
Nicole Malice Skull
Vanguard Lancer
Connie Sheriff
Ritter Lazflamme
Scaregant
Scaregant Burai
Cosmo Kaiser AC
Wolfguy
Blazed Baron FF
Amateus Muchi
Zero Fighter NEXT
I’m at a loss at what to do with most of these; There are really only two bots in there that I actually like and can use well: the NM Skull, and the Connie (Whom I absolutely adore). The Lancer has been modified with an Aero Raider LG and Wolfguy BS; not sure if that’s particularly viable. The Lazflamme is in pieces for the most part, with the parts spread around on random custom builds, as are the parts for several FF’s and a few other junked Garapon bots. Tuning/build advice for any and all of the above mentioned bots would be much appreciated. He has some fairly nice weapons, including:
Pierce Gun (3s, x1)
War Slasher (3s, x8)
Ominous Scythe (3s, x5)
Blast Gatling (3s, x2)
Can’t really remember any of the other weapons off the top of my head, but it’ll come to me. Probably after I’ve shut down my PC…
Any advice for using this stuff would be great.
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

Got a New Account Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a New Account   Got a New Account EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:29 pm

War Slashers are interesting and they combo into the next weapon really fast, especially when they're combo'd into. Clearly, we must abuse this by buying a Katana Max.

Hey, it doesn't even have tuning のヮの:

Okay. I really had to get that out of my system after recent thoughts about combos with War Slasher. So, onto more serious suggestions... I'm not all that good with core capabilities so I'll hold off on those and skip to your weapons. Funny that this is one time I actually have all the weapons given.

Common Pierce Gun tunes are Force and then a Great Rapid. You'd probably want to pair this with something that can't do what Connie can do with her own guns (K-Shield hopper is a pretty common setup for all its overplayed-ness). It's a very versatile and reliable weapon if you can fit it on a gunner.

While I joked about War Slasher above, it's still a fine weapon, especially in combos with other stuff that lets you stick to the enemy. Like with Geobunkers or other combo-happy weapons. It's possible to fit two of them on a NEXT/Ritter BS bot for very fast hits (a bare Katana Max still has ample room for tunes and carts). A more conventional strategy is to abuse its multiple hit count (4 slashes with 8 air slashes on the aerial combo) for status tunes. Keep in mind that it is part Blast Damage, so you'll actually do well on airs but not as much on Arts or anything with Blast Guard.

Ritter BS -> Ominous Scythe is a really nice setup because the aerial tracking is solid and it boosts the ridiculous damage output of the scythe. It'd be handy if you had a secondary weapon to add that will combo after the Ominous Scythe - this will cancel out the otherwise bothersome cooldown from the scythe (though I think Ritter BS has a cooldown of its own that will still half-apply). Tuning its high force is a common practice.

Blast Gatling is not all that useful. If I recall correctly, a normal Blast Bazooka gives better stun and damage rate while being less costly and improving stats, as well as not having a charge time. Stunning tends to be more helpful against airs than trying to output rapid damage, as is the intent of this gun. If blast damage were all that much more helpful on grounded targets, it probably would be more useful. All the same, don't hesitate to play around with it. I would hazard suggesting that speed be tuned, just to ensure you actually hit stuff that moves.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

Got a New Account Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a New Account   Got a New Account EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Have good LND

Burai, Baron, Lancer that is more that enough for a good LND comando.

also Cosmo and Connie!!!
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

Got a New Account Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a New Account   Got a New Account EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:36 pm

I've seen a few Vanguards using Ritter Parts not sure if that would work on the Lancer though (I hardly see them being used).

As mentioned above, War Slasher is hot for bad status tunes, never saw anyone combining it into other weapons though (pffftchhh, mecha melee). I use one on my Ion for the looks.

Ominous Scythe is just asking to be combo'd with a Seraph Tackle OwO
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

Got a New Account Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a New Account   Got a New Account EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:16 pm

As Jade mentioned above, ominous scythe seems to have an obstinately long cooldown. I wonder if combining war slasher with an ominous scythe would enable combo looping. To get waste booster AND another negative status effect might actually be worth the cost...
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

Got a New Account Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a New Account   Got a New Account EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Ominous Scythe is 190 cost, War Slasher is 130, and you ideally want two things to combo with Ominous Scythe. Also, status debuffs will override each other, so you don't get that sweet of a deal as you might be thinking.

This is how comboing with it would work in terms of cooldown (and why I say you should use two weapons with it).

Ominous Scythe -> Weapon A -> Weapon B = Half of normal Ominous Scythe cooldown
Weapon A -> Weapon B -> Ominous Scythe = Full Ominous Scythe cooldown
Weapon A -> Ominous Scythe -> Weapon B = No Ominous Scythe cooldown

To be fair, comboing from War Slasher into Ominous Scythe looks *really cool* in action since you're just flipping out and then wheeling out. For a short time I ran a War Slasher -> Ominous Beetlander for fun. But since the ideal combo will have two weapons (usually using a step/dash/jump for the start), War Slasher is very costly and really dents the amount of tuning you can put for both your stats and making Ominous hurt that much more.
Back to top Go down

Got a New Account Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a New Account   Got a New Account EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:26 pm

I run Pierce Gun on my ZFN, and it's been performing to a playable level. The shots travel fast, and hit decently. I personally like it more than my Connie.
Tuning in progress:
Other than that, I have little to no knowledge about those other bots/weapons. #em5
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

Got a New Account Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a New Account   Got a New Account EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Moved to a better section.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

Got a New Account Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a New Account   Got a New Account EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks, Astral. I wonder what other weapon I should use with those two. It would have to be internal, whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Got a New Account Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a New Account   Got a New Account EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 6:09 pm

I'd opt for a Wolfguy/Muchi/Seraph or Accel Saber or CK AC commando with that lineup, probably. Double K-Shield Wolfguy/AC with eiw+hop, double buckler or pompom Muchi since you made no mention of slice gun or alpha parts. Piercegun for Accel Saber or BSM/Plasma Gun/Mini Bazooka for Seraph based on what you've mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got a New Account Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a New Account   Got a New Account Empty

Back to top Go down

Got a New Account
Page 1 of 1