Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)

Go down 
+47
TrieDaEsprit
Shai
Priskern
Seraphcrim
NotZetsubou
XiaoFu
kyarashotgun
Koiro
Winty
Ryu Haruse
Xonerox
pulupulu
BSusVier
Asagi-san
NekuChan
tehprognoob
PyroMonkey
Sextacy
SilverySil
Segawa
fggt
Relict?
JLNR
dbzfan922
Midona
Zethoro
Fate
Sladezero
That_Wiesel_Guy
wonjoon
Suguri
rei_hunter
Grimspirit
Trill
Malphes
necrio
Astral_Dono
Garmr
Retrias
Stickboy
Mew
Dune
SL the Pyro
Haaronyde
Hyoka
Zwiebel Force
fhoeng
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Male Posts : 364

PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:02 pm

Well, happy day; I got into the Closed Beta. Excellent. I'll make sure to take lots of screenies for you all.

For those here who actually signed up and shared my luck in getting in: you can't actually play the game online yet until the 19th, but you can still install it.

-go to http://pso2.jp/cbt
-click the big red button
-click the big red button on the next page to get the downloader
-run the downloader as Administrator
-choose the install directory for the setup executable

Should be fairly straightforward after that. Do note that the setup.exe is huge (3.3GB), so make sure you have time set aside for downloading it.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Shocked congrat

Are you lucky with the CB garapon too?
Back to top Go down
Garmr
Garmr

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:46 pm

I am hoping so badly that this will at least get an international release.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Wish I could play with JP. ._.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:17 pm

PSO2 is still in NDA back then, and I haven't touched it ever since, so there might be changes
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:43 pm

I got in.

If you can add offline add

"Alicia"
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:51 am

This game is too fun. My last three days have been spent doing the slews of quests and such and grinding my character's level, solely because the monsters are so much fun to fight.

Anyway, here's some screenshots, as promised:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

If I'm not to enthralled with the game to remember, I'll try to get more screenshots of relevant stuff.

Note: My character, SL, is currently Level 18.

Mew wrote:
I got in.

If you can add offline add

"Alicia"
Unfortunately, you have to be online for friending to work.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:23 am

I wanna play... D:
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:35 am

How is your cleint in English?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 am

Mew wrote:
How is your cleint in English?
Same. I wasn't going to join because it was in JP, but I saw it in EN in your screenies. How do? D:
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:09 am

Patched. Still JP
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:06 pm

Yeah, it's an English patch. Here's the link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_closed_beta/translation/pso2_closedbeta_text.rar

This seems to be updated regularly (the link doesn't change). Very handy. I hope they'll translate the client orders eventually... to apply it, just extract the files into /pso2_bin/data/win32

ANYWAY.

Dear God do I have a story for you guys. Complete with screenies.

--------------------

Okay, so me friends and I decided to tackle the last accessible mission in the beta, known as "Volcanic Cave Exploration." For the record, Volcanic Cave is where we fought the two Caterdra'ns. This mission is basically the full area, just killing monsters and getting random events until we reach the boss.

There was no shortage in events. One such kind is where a boss of that mission or another mission decides not to wait around - the first case was the Volcano Cave boss, the Vol Dragon (I forgot to screenie it, but it's later in the story for... reasons). We were surprised to see it here already, and we defeated it after a grueling battle.

A little saddened that the surprise for Disk, who had yet to see the Vol Dragon, was ruined, we continued on. And then we encountered this:

Spoiler:

Our jaws promptly hit the floor upon seeing this variant of Dark Ragne. The "Hollow Corpse" version is basically the same enemy with twice the HP. We were lucky to have no one die... though it did give us some amusement with its undying existence:

Spoiler:

It didn't stay stuck up there forever, but it's something the dev team might want to look into.

It took a while, but eventually we brought down the beast...

Spoiler:

...onlt to have the real Dark Ragne arrive before we could even celebrate. Ms Haze and Disa were putting loot into storage when it decided to cut in and literally land on the both, which killed them. We would've been roaring with laughter if we hadn't been flabbergasted at the fact that another boss had appeared.

The kicker? This was still the first area out of three, with the first only half-explored thus far.

...Moving on.

When we finally got to the second area, we encountered the boss of a different quest for the Volcano Cave: the Caterdra'n. But this one came with a dangerous twist: mid-battle, a Funji appeared. Funji are floating red and black bramble things that chase down a player and warp them to a far-off place in the area, trapping them with enemies. I was the unwitting victim, unable to see the Funji due to the Caterdra'n, which it went through to get to me. So I got trapped.

But that isn't the worst part:

Spoiler:

THE CATERDRA'N WAS WARPED WITH ME.

The Funji's cage is a relatively small space that the Caterdra'n barely fit in, and given its vicious close combat ability, this was nothing short of utterly terrifying. Somehow I managed to survive until my friends arrived, broke down the Funji cage and finally killed the Caterdra'n.

So, let's count: that was FOUR BOSSES. FOUR. And we hadn't even gotten to the actual boss of the mission yet. And when we finally did reach the boss Vol Dragon...

Spoiler:

...we saw that it was infected (note the black bulb on its neck). And it didn't help that actual mission bosses get their own arenas that they can draw perks from, like the Vol Dragon giving itself armour:

Spoiler:

...Bloody hell.

We were exhausted, gratified and thankful that the mission was finally over. Somehow we got an S-Rank out of it all. As monotonous as it was though, it was really fun.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Hey kiddies.

I'll be in CH2 most of the time.

Me made a new character.

Her name be Elisalotte.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:21 pm

will play if I can make manly man

will still play if it ever comes out in english or something
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:44 am

necrio wrote:
will play if I can make manly man

will still play if it ever comes out in english or something

Yes you can.
Back to top Go down
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Dune

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:17 pm

I figured out the Japanese and finally signed up a Sega ID, but a bit too late it seems... now I need some "invitation" code to sign up for PSO2's beta :<
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Got a couple of videos for you, courtesy of Avlein.

Boss: Vol Dragon:
Arks City and Boss: Dark Ragne:
Note that we're kinda overlevelled by this point and know how to wreck the bosses quickly. They are not usually this easy.

...And even at the current maximum level of 20, their attack can easily take off half your HP bar - maybe even the entire HP bar - if you're careless.

This game is so awesome.
Back to top Go down
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Dune

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Welp, got an invite code from Ashyrubro and downloaded/installed/patching PSO2 now,

Still deciding on FOmar... or RAmarl...

Not gonna make it after a CB character anymore though ._. too many floating around it seems + Elisa already taken

Made a FOmar named Relmitos and did the tutorial, gonna give the game a try for a bit today lol
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:15 pm

send an invite to milez1337@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Dune wrote:
Welp, got an invite code from Ashyrubro and downloaded/installed/patching PSO2 now,

Still deciding on FOmar... or RAmarl...

Not gonna make it after a CB character anymore though ._. too many floating around it seems + Elisa already taken

Made a FOmar named Relmitos and did the tutorial, gonna give the game a try for a bit today lol

That's me.

LOL

I MADE A CHARACTER NAMED ELISALOTTE.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Malphes wrote:
send an invite to milez1337@yahoo.com
i know you guys are able to invite three people when you get invited.

TOO LATE FAGGOTS I ALREADY GOT ONE
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:58 pm

I want an invite ww

might just try this shittu
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:38 pm

>was going to play
>ob ends in two days

fuck that
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:00 am

This is how you play the game, right?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:39 am

Cool, now beat the giant spider with your fist.

Oh wait, the coward climbs walls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)   PSO2 (phantasy star online 2) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PSO2 (phantasy star online 2)
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next