Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.

Go down 
+5
xts
yuhno
Malphes
Afterburner
Nerf
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerf
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nerf

Male Posts : 201

Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. Empty
PostSubject: Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.   Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Hold down ctrl+click = will select the entire part associated with that "point"
Hold down shift+click = You can select multiple points anywhere

Now, most people didn't know these, i discovered one by accident and the other a friend told me but what I really want to know is...

How hell can you "mirror" the work you do on one side to match exactly what you do on the other side? There seriously has to be a means to do this, otherwise CS is freaking nuts to expect people ingame to have the ability to match both sides with asian level precision.
Back to top Go down
Afterburner
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Afterburner

Male Posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.   Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:29 pm

I got awared of this command at my first attempt at poly-editing a garulabird head, long ago... And yea, i got very frustrated that there wasn't a "toogle on mirror" option. To make things worse, my computer simply won't show me the polygon "points" even if i set it on...

Guess that was the reason i stopped poly-editing. The truth is that not only the skin features need to be updated, but the whole game needs a revamp.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.   Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:30 pm

i knew about control click because that was the standard way of selecting multiple things for a while in windows
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.   Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:50 pm

If precision is what you are looking for I have a sneaking suspicion that these files can be open in a program like Metasequoia. It's going to take a bit of experimentation to find out but the designer must use professional tools like Lightwave or Solidworks, or god-forbid Rhino. I will report back if and when I have an success.
Back to top Go down
yuhno
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
yuhno

Male Posts : 430

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.   Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:04 pm

lol i knew about those but found them by accident
Back to top Go down
xts
Newcomer
Newcomer
xts

Male Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.   Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Nerf wrote:
How hell can you "mirror" the work you do on one side to match exactly what you do on the other side? There seriously has to be a means to do this, otherwise CS is freaking nuts to expect people ingame to have the ability to match both sides with asian level precision.

i had the same problem... but then i kinda figured it out. do the poly edit step by step, edit by edit. have a idea of how u r going to poly edit first of course. then simply move point/ or multiple points on one side and replicate what u did on the other side. this way u wont have to stress over remembering how to/ remaking a completely identical poly edited on the other side.

but yea poly editing for for me is tough since i can't see the points. iv only done fox ear poly edits for my seraph summer ver and that was enough for me.

Last edited by xts on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found a mistake)
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.   Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Another sneaky trick:

1. Click on chat bar.
2. Go into skinning mode.
3. You can now chat while skinning! You don't have to pay 100UC every time to exit to chat now.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.   Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:23 am

I was unaware of all of these things; and I skin all the time too @_@
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.   Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:15 am

i have bad fps on cb so i move super slow while poly edit, made me easily copy two side bounce

maybe open photoshop/torrent/other stuff made your computer slowed down will help

and i'm asian too...

Back to top Go down
Abysssk8er
Abysssk8er

Male Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.   Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:44 am

XD same as me nerf. i found those both out a longgg time ago by accident. cause when u hit alt x-b while ur standing there it shows different camera angles of ur bot. so i tried it on poly mode and it worked XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.   Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sneaky ninja skills you should know about while poly-editing.
Page 1 of 1