Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A list of good off'hand' melee weapons

Go down 
+10
mechaRev
Suki_Eve
Arti
Strykerr
boytitan2
reVelske
Malphes
Aurum_Sol
Rinrin
Dracatis
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

A list of good off'hand' melee weapons Empty
PostSubject: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:12 am

I know most will argue that the only good offhand is a shield for melee, but there are a few good weapons that can help in your off hand. Here is a few I've found and I'll edit to add any others posted here.

Red Squealer AM(possibly the best chase down off hand, like an infinite cart step with good damage)
Hound Dog LG2(Done with your combo? Kick them to a corner to make sure they don't get away)
Shino Exroad AM2(Double hit finisher for cheap, low init gets you back into your combo fast, REMEMBER it's only that last weapon used init that sets the timer)
Barbarian Claws(A cheap two hit finisher that can dodge you in the air for a second and has an amazing 400 init for bonus to restart your combo, a very overlooked small weapon)
Jumper Halibard(Air Melee best finisher, gets you back off the ground like a STOVL)
Chainsaw(If you really want an offhand proc tune machine, this thing hits a lot)
Drill Knuckle(Another, cheaper multihit proc tune machine)
Gigantinger AM(Hits several times whether it's first or offhand, it's the same)
Heavy Jaguar Arm HD (same headbutt whether first, in-between or last)
P. Juana LG2 (a nifty melee + dodge finisher makes an left turning L-move getting you a brief moment of confusion for enemies to aim at you, can also be used as main when charging to do a bunch of skating L-moves for crazy dodging)
Geograsis AM3 (Since your already close, might as well do some massive damage with this one shot)
Might Byne AM (Same as Geograsis, without the potential burn)

Last edited by Dracatis on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:56 am

cant help laughing...
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:25 am

Rinrin wrote:
cant help laughing...

actually, if this part:

Quote :
REMEMBER it's only that last weapon used init that sets the timer)

is true, there is at the very least one useful information in here and the whole idea isnt that bad
just not for the reason he mentions with most weapons
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:31 am

Rinrin wrote:
cant help laughing...
mind telling us your genius reasoning as to why so we can make you look totally retarded
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:57 am

I know this list isn't for everyone. In fact most players can't wrap their head around how to play a melee period. But I've seen several threads where someone has asked for what weapons are good beyond the first, because you do get a bonus and mostly all they get is blank stare answers... such as this:

Rinrin wrote:
cant help laughing...

Answers like this are simply because they don't know better and but are for some reason willing to show their ignorance in order to try to be the first to grief someone who is actually giving an effort. This is factualized by the apparent inability to actually give any reason beyond such answer as to why they say this, but I digress.

Thank you Aurum_Sol for pointing out what you found useful, but rather then denouncing the rest can you either add or debate specific items, so as be a bit more useful?
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:33 pm

example: chainsaw

while technically what you say is correct, it hits multiple times and thus is good for slow tunes (or drain/burn/disorder if you prefer that) it is still a slow as hell weapon
not to mention that most builds will not be able to utilize a 100 cost offhand weapon simply to apply a debuff (that also adds another 30 to 90 cost to the weapon)

basically, if you ignore the major downsides of the chainsaw, it is still impractical because of the huge cost it would require to use it

take this just as an example, there is more stuff that is like this, but there is also other stuff besides the abusing of interval times that are correct (hound dog LG 2 for instance is rarely used by now, but it definatly works)

another example is jumper halberd, its a costly weapon ... and allready good when used by itself - there is no reason to use it as a secondary meleeweapon
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Dracatis wrote:
Gigantinger AM(Hits several times whether it's first or offhand, it's the same)
P. Juana LG2 (a nifty melee + dodge finisher makes an left turning L-move getting you a brief moment of confusion for enemies to aim at you, can also be used as main when charging to do a bunch of skating L-moves for crazy dodging)

You can't be fucking serious.

And no I'm not going to explain myself further than "NOT SURE IF SERIOUS", it's not fucking rocket science.

Oh actually, nevermind that.

can't help laughing ahuehuehuehue...

COME AT ME, BRO.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Malphes wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
cant help laughing...
mind telling us your genius reasoning as to why so we can make you look totally retarded

PVP me with this and see how well u do.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:40 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
Malphes wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
cant help laughing...

i already do.

daemon mace + jag head
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Malphes wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
Malphes wrote:

i already do.

daemon mace + jag head

I never seen u make top ten let alone game warrior.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Oh god not this fucking shit.

Go have your SLOPPY FAGET/NIGGA MAKEOUT session in team fight rather than flirt here.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:55 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
Malphes wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

i already do.

daemon mace + jag head

I never seen u make top ten let alone game warrior.
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t4202p825-post-your-pvp-successfulness-here#165677

here you go

OT:
calamity sword is decent if you use it with something that will keep someone locked in place, otherwise it's p. bad
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 3:33 pm

reVelske wrote:
Oh god not this fucking shit.

Go have your SLOPPY FAGET/NIGGA MAKEOUT session in team fight rather than flirt here.

Your so fucking easy to piss of its not even funny.FUCK IT ILL LAUGH ANYWAYS

Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:04 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
easy to piss off

Joke is on you, busta
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:11 pm

In an attempt to keep this on topic, there are some weapons you named that work and others you named that just don't. Jumper Halberd is decent, good for crescent saint, nothing else. Jag head is just a mini beetlander head, pretty much a waste unless on a zs of something with zf booster. Barb claws are ok, they work similarly to kata's arms without the shock part. Then Red Squealer arm is always good to start off a combo, but isnt meant to be a dmg dealer, though now there are better alternatives aka geo-g arm if your bot has short boost or that new pilebunker works pretty well as well. The rest of the weapons you said just aren't really worth it for their cost.
Also, ignore most of the comments on this page except Rinrin and Revelske, they actually know what they are doing. If I was you i'd probably ignore my own post as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Some of the off-hand melee weapons the OP suggested are actually viable.
Don't mind Rinrin, just ignore him.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:24 pm

LXE wrote:

And this is one of the people you shouldn't listen to OP...
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:35 pm

Strykerr wrote:
LXE wrote:

yet, in this special case, his post is true
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Ya Me being the guy who manly plays melee to make up for his lack of sklll and still does high dmg knows nthn about melee Neutral Neutral.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Strykerr wrote:
LXE wrote:

He hasn't said which ones and why yet...
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Strykerr wrote:
Jag head is just a mini beetlander head, pretty much a waste unless on a zs of something with zf booster.
I'm sorry but that's the most fucking stupid thing I've read all day.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Malphes wrote:
Strykerr wrote:
Jag head is just a mini beetlander head, pretty much a waste unless on a zs of something with zf booster.
I'm sorry but that's the most fucking stupid thing I've read all day.

Ya its uesless no matter what u do.Beetle lander hd is only good on a dae with a ton of hp with head amj.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:17 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
Ya its uesless no matter what u do.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:34 pm

bt you realize that milez is pretty much jag arm/heavy jag arm's #1 fan right

even if heavy jag arm hd DID suck milez would probably still use it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Strykerr wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:
Strykerr wrote:
-LXE's Post-
He hasn't said which ones and why yet...
Doesn't make me not worth listening to, your assumption is just silly. Rolling Eyes

I've been helping in the Guide section for a long time now, if I said something wrong, somebody would've corrected me by now. I only help by telling people what I've learned from listening to the pros/good players, not through mindless assumptions that noobs make. Sometimes my sources of information are wrong though, and in that case you can correct me but not say that I'm not worth listening to.

Please be nice. #em1

Oh and Strykerr, your post didn't mention the "Mighty Byne AM Pilebunker" which is actually viable. #em6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons Empty

Back to top Go down

A list of good off'hand' melee weapons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next