Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?

Go down 
+2
milk
Rein
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? Empty
PostSubject: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:27 am

Anyone interested in participating in a Choose Your Own Adventure story? Or something along those lines. For those who don't know what a Choose Your Own Adventure story is, it's a story where you (the reader) gets to choose your decisions at key points... from the options available to you. The difference I have in mind is just... with a democratic input/decision making from the readers.

And genre? Let's see... 50% chance sci-fi, 50% chance supernatural, 50% chance war, 85% chance mecha. Unless anyone (who wants to participate) has other genres in mind... or want. And for those who want to participate... uh... pick gender for first 3 characters? (third option is neither, if you don't care.)

On a few related notes, (1) I'm just going to put up story mechanics/etc. up on a different forum for the sake of organization. (2) I don't mind if people have (original) characters they want -in- on it.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:02 pm

if it has lolis with giant mecha hands.
count me in.

i am a sucker for mecha hands.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Wait... remind me how giant mecha hands fit onto a loli... O_o I mean, just the size difference... Or am I misunderstanding something?
Back to top Go down
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Dune

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:01 pm

mabye how like Izuna's hands are.. i doubt her arms would be that long normally...
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Let's see... 50% chance sci-fi, 50% chance supernatural, 50% chance war, 85% chance mecha

come ooooon, rein.
the chances are there for a mecha loli.
i'm sure you can come up with SOME way to make it happen.
you can also make her brown too.
that's even prettier.

Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? Mechao

Back to top Go down
Zeipher

Male Posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:51 pm

... Epic win? Miliken?
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:19 pm

For some reason I see that ending really really badly, like a slow (due to overweight), Crim flying head on into 20+~ hostile artillery. It is, feasible for -some- cases....
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:20 am

Rein, please add my giant mecha hand loli.
I usually don't type like this and it's quite straining to do so...but that's how much I want you to do this!
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:57 am

Here are your choices for your main character. You'll also have to provide names too. For A.I.s, the mc, and any other name required characters/grunts. Specific appearances are optional... (yes you can give a human a non-human feature.... like fox ears/tail). Mech names optional as well, appearances are welcome if you want (except for grunts).

Male/Female Type #1 (Gender selection req. anyways) – Balanced….
General Personality/Bio: Only pretends to understand other’s feelings/emotions to further his/her psychopathic nature. Doesn’t value the lives of others unless it can further personal causes, or other equally important reasons, such as prolonged survival. Can make out what people’s facial expressions/body language says… unless it’s inobvious.
Strengths/Skill: Balanced combat range, no preference. Extremely skilled at self-preservation and bluffing out of situations.
Weaknesses/Flaws: Inability to connect properly with others, instead forces them to adjust to fit him/her. Has a habit of marking people who wrong him/her (in his/her opinion) and possibly doing harm of some sort (directly/indirectly) to them, regardless of situation at hand as a priority over his/her self-preservation.
Starting Condition: Alone, but with an A.I., and also a med-short distance away from an allied squad. 1 Mech. 1 Personal Space craft.

Male Type #2 - Sniper/Ranged
General Personality/Bio: Constantly re-evaluates his opinions of those around him, and generally eccentric, though he can be quite consistent as well. It apparently has something to do with his past… Has a habit of attracting good allies towards him (usually indirectly). Has no qualms about killing and nearly always has his poker face on.
Strengths/Skill: Excellent accuracy, even in fast combat and/or firing at targets beyond a weapon’s lock-on range. Good at drawing bead on targets. Unreadable poker face. A competent tactician at times….
Weaknesses/Flaws: Has a extreme difficulty trusting girls, and (notably less) difficulty trusting males. As a result, is frequently mistaken for being gay. Fails epically at hand to hand combat (both in and out of a mech). Decent at CQC in a mech though (still fails epically outside of one).
Starting Condition: With one female human ally (employer), another human (gender choice), and an A.I. (female). Two mechs. Also selection for employer’s mech. No grunts.

Female Type #2 – Tactician/Melee
General Personality/Bio: Is generally easy going when off-duty, though also much less competent, but ready at all times. When in combat, she is serious and cold in her demeanor, though her thoughts are a different matter. Prefers to direct allies and lead them to victory, but isn’t afraid to do the job herself if needed be.
Strengths/Skill: Capable of fending for herself safely at a distance (decently), but prefers close combat instead. Is both skilled and talented at CQC both in and out of a mech. Also quite inspiring on the battlefield and charismatic (both on/off the field). Chooses mechs based off tactical situation. Excellent at tactics.
Weaknesses/Flaws: No good with or against remote controlled weapons. Also poor footwork against projectiles, plus relies on lock-on when using ranged weapons. Relies on tactics. Surprisingly poor at adapting her combat style to the situation at hand.
Starting Condition: 1 A.I., 2 Named Grunts (with decent mechs), 4 generic grunts. Has 3 mechs.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:07 am

alright. alright. hear me out.
my character will not be a main character.

he'll be a little merchant.
but don't let the little smile fool you, he has mecha hands that'll crush you, man.
like, bam!

his name is felix.
maybe add some sort of running gag about Felix trying to find something.
i don't know.

there.
Back to top Go down
Juece
Newcomer
Newcomer
Juece

Male Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:09 am

vote retracted, lets get this cyoa rollin!

Last edited by Juece on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ToxicElixir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ToxicElixir

Male Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:19 am

Lets see...

Male Type #2 - Sniper/Ranged
General Personality/Bio: Constantly re-evaluates his opinions of those around him, and generally eccentric, though he can be quite consistent as well. It apparently has something to do with his past… Has a habit of attracting good allies towards him (usually indirectly). Has no qualms about killing and nearly always has his poker face on.
Strengths/Skill: Excellent accuracy, even in fast combat and/or firing at targets beyond a weapon’s lock-on range. Good at drawing bead on targets. Unreadable poker face. A competent tactician at times….
Weaknesses/Flaws: Has a extreme difficulty trusting girls, and (notably less) difficulty trusting males. As a result, is frequently mistaken for being gay. Fails epically at hand to hand combat (both in and out of a mech). Decent at CQC in a mech though (still fails epically outside of one).
Starting Condition: With one female human ally (employer), another human (gender choice), and an A.I. (female). Two mechs. Also selection for employer’s mech. No grunts.

Apperances (MC): Tall stature, average build, short black hair, Heterochromia (left eye: dark blue-ish Right: light brown due to a chemical mishap/other reason, right eye glows a slight orange)

female human ally (employer): Short purple hair with a ponytail tied back, 5.4' height, average build/chest, red eyes

another human (gender choice) [Male]: short black hair similar to MC, 5.1 height, grey/green-ish eyes, wears glasses,
Elan 9221 to be exact.
Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? AUSTJNGC
and the tattoo from this pic. (lol bastille)
Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? Bastille

not sure about names, mechs, armor, or A.I., specs. Will decide/edit in later when i'm not tired.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:01 pm

I forogt to mention (was too tired last night so yeah...):

#1 male/female leans towards 'hard' difficulty (ie. no thinking/planning ahead can/will screw you over).
Also no 100% 'stay with you' allies (aka everyone has a possible chance of leaving you depending on your choices).
#2 male leans towards 'medium' difficulty (ie. thinking/planning ahead can greatly help, and some consideration is needed at least). Also, your employer will stay with you for the most part (aka excluding some blantly obvious choices needed to avert that). True trust from either end (his or said ally's end), has 85% base chance of staying with you, but choices you make will affect result.
#2 female leans towards 'easy' difficulty (ie. thinking/planning helps out greatly, though you still need a bare minimum battle plan). All starting grunts in your group (both named and generic) will stay with you regardless of your choices (unless ordered by you to do so).

Also slight editing of strengths and weaknesses (just adding a line or two.) Here's the rundown of the editing (to be).

#1 male/female: not particularly great with tactics or strategy.

EDIT: MALE #2 SELECTED. Input additional information?
(like what toxic is doing?)
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:15 am

Character Starting Setup

MC - Male Type #2 - Sniper/Ranged
Name: [Tsurugi Tsukiakari]

Apperances (MC): Tall stature, average build, short black hair, Heterochromia (left eye: dark blue-ish; right eye: light brown due to a chemical mishap/other reason, right eye glows a slight orange)

Female Human Employer Sukari Kiyojima: Short purple hair with a ponytail tied back, 5.4' height, average build/chest, red eyes
Bio [On Record...]: An employer who hired the wrong man at the right time. She selected the MC among much more worthy individuals in terms of cost and effectiveness, as she "saw something special in him and his abilities" despite better choices. Having lucked out, the MC later proved himself in battle after battle. She later acquiring a liking for the MC, but due to her reputation and ranking, Sukari puts her work on top of anything else, using the cold, harsh "to-the-point" demeanor. Apparently trusts the MC enough to let him make decisions for their group. Is skilled in Leadership, Combat Medicine, and has some skill in hacking.

Other human (gender choice) [Owen Baresi][Male]: short black hair similar to MC, 5.1 height, grey/green-ish eyes, wears glasses,
Elan 9221 to be exact.
Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? AUSTJNGC
and the tattoo from this pic.
Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? Bastille
Bio: A friend (somewhat) the MC made in beta, took part in mutual training and moderate-risk missions together (that normally required a squad). Being born in a inferior, and fenced-in ailing town among a successful country, he instantly takes on a displeasure for those who regard him, the MC or even Sukari as "mere tools" or the like. Has an acquired taste for alcohol and is the team comical relief. Is an expert in explosives and engineering, also has excellent survival skills honed from years and years of experience.

MC's A.I. Iris: blonde hair in a ponytail, headphones, green jacket with white shirt. brown shorts or jeans with tan-ish combat boots
Bio: During beta, the MC put together enough currency to purchase an A.I.... though he owed Owen a bit... and Owen being Owen, called up those favors. Unfortunately, Owen was drunk during that time and completely modified the A.I. to the apperance of a young girl in addition to the personality of one, teasing the MC's inability to trust others, especially females. She has the mindset of a know-it-all 12-year-old and a curious personality, the latter being a suggestion from Owen and taken one step further by limiting her built-in knowledge to that of a 12-year-old and preventing her from downloading databases worth of information without specific permission and if so, only temporarily stored. More so useful for support as a co-pilot... and completely incompetent as a pilot.

Customize? Or Confirm? (Edits will be made to fill out the customization process)
Confirmed

Last edited by Rein on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ToxicElixir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ToxicElixir

Male Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:09 am

As requested by Rein.

Sukari kiyojima: An employer who hired the wrong man at the right time. She selected the MC among much more worthy individuals "seeing something special in him and his ablilites" despite better choices. Having lucked out, the MC later proved himself in battle after battle. later acquiring a liking for the MC, but due to her reputation, Sukari puts her work on top of anything else, equiping the cold, harsh "to-the-point" demeanor. Is skilled in Leadership and Combat Medicine.

Owen Baresi: A friend (somewhat) the MC met in boot camp, taking part in rigorous training and low-risk missions together. Being born in a inferior colony among others, he instantly takes on a displeasure for those who regard him, the MC or even Sukari as "lower-class". Has an acquired taste for alcohol and is the team comical relief. Is an expert in explosives and engineering.

Iris: When the team was requisitioned an A.I. for specific purposes, they were given the clearance to "personalize" it as they see fit. The MC requested the callsign of Iris, and Sukari, a simple apperance, much to the dismay of Owen. In one of his drunken misfits, he hacks into company mainframe and redesigns the A.I. to the apperance of a young girl in a white shirt with a green jacket, black fingerless gloves, brown shorts and tan combat boots, teasing the MC's inability to trust females. Despite this, the team (awkwardly) moves on. Has the mindset of a know-it-all 12-year-old and a curious personality,a large difference to other A.I.s ,due to Owen's software.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?   Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hm... Anyone intersted in participating in a CYOA?
Page 1 of 1