Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.

Go down 
+10
Stickboy
Astral_Dono
Nisa
IronDicks
Retrias
fggt
falcon1
Rinrin
nzlk
AlkaidStar
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

Male Posts : 657

State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:23 am

well,i know this is off topics,but, since the lounge is for 'less serious topic' i kinda put it here.

wat do you think about the 'state of fear' theory? not based on the book,but on real life,here an example(from fanfic):

[EXAMPLES HAS BEEN CHANGED]

[READ THE THEORIES THIS BELOW

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"At the beginning, I had set out to gauge the level of hatred the Nations had for Rival Nations, but I had accidentally stumbled upon something much, much more grave than anything else," she continued while John looked lost.

"I am sorry, I still can't see where you are leading towards…," John began when she interrupted him.

"I am leading to the notion of social control, Itachi. To the requirement of every sovereign state to exert control over its citizens, to keep them orderly and docile. To keep them swaying to their orders, as they see fit. To keep them paying taxes. And of course, we know that social control is best achieved through fear."

"Fear," John said with a blank look on his face.

"Exactly, for fifty years, the Nation had kept order in the Citizen's by maintaining a state of perpetual fear. One which was accomplished flawlessly through the ruse of the World Wars. Didn't you find it amusing that whenever the five nations entered a period of stability, within few years, for any trivial reason, wars would again break out? It is simple; through the fear of war is the only way through which the SuperPower Nation to survive. Because without war, there is no need for Army, our entire culture will vanish, and that is one thing the Nations will never allow to happen. Fear, coercion, and intimidation, these are the tools through which the Nations control the population. By instigating fear through propaganda, and then by declaring themselves as the only way to hold the fear at bay, the Nations survive," she finished while John drew a deep breath.

"But the arrival of the UNO changed all that. it effectively ended the world war by uniting the nations, and the fear of it combined military prowess ironically engendered the very peace that would lead to the demise of the Nations itself, not something that it did not intend, nor that it realized it himself, I suppose. But the fact is, with the wars gone; it created a vacuum of fear. Nature abhors a vacuum. Something had to fill it."

"The Natural Disasters," John spoke curtly seeing where she was leading.

"The Natural Disasters," she agreed.

"The Disasters, as I have gleaned from my research, is generally found where malice and despair prevails the most. And I surmised that with the lull in the Nations, in general, there was disguised despair, possibly in the subconscious of the majority of nations who found that the need for them was decreasing drastically. I do not know whether the beast sensed it and manifested or not, but no one could deny that its appearance once again gave birth to fear, thus reestablishing the hold of Nations over the populace as the only ones who could rid the world of that menace, and the UNO ironically proved that myth true, thus solidifying the need for Army and Nation Leaders leading once more."

"You are suggesting that a natural disaster took place of the wars as a propaganda tool to generate fear amongst the masses?" John asked skeptically.

Isane nodded, "That is what the evidence shows. Before the Disasters, the major threat was war. Then the Disasters itself. After that, with Advancment of technology,the fear of Disasters lessened,another vacuum took place. But the minds of the populace needed something to fill that vacuum," she spoke softly.

John jerked as if somebody had slapped him as he eyed the morose girl.

"With the Disasters lessened, something was required to generate fear amongst the populace to engender some order amongst them to force a dependence on the Nations, Therefore,Small Skirmish and Terrorist action is the scapegoat for the world. A few despicable individuals seized upon that concept, and with some propaganda, the rumors of the World Ending.... Anyway,If a Terrorist, who had one who could unleash it, but of course, only the brave Army of the Nation would be there to stop the threat. The point is, John, although the specific cause of our fear may change, we are never without fear itself. Fear pervades all aspects of society in all its aspects. Perpetually."

John looked at her dejected face and could not help but feel ashamed.

"Once I discovered this, I realized that an effective propaganda machine had been functioning in the village for a long time, but subtly, so that no one would recognize it, but I did, not that it matters any way, for I have no means to counter them, but that is neither here nor there. What was important was that, its efforts were focused on portraying anyone posing to them as a threat, and therefore by raising it as an issue, the misinformed and prejudiced members of the council would make extortionist demands forcing the Nation Leader AKA President to accede to their whims, weakening him while making the people behind this setup more powerful politically, and this has been happening for a long time. The council is in essence, a puppet front for a coterie of amorous individuals, who desire more power in the Nations, regardless of whatever it costs them to achieve it." she spat out harshly while John lowered his eyes.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

although different from the realife situation,it closely look like real world situation:

Dinosaurs>Meteors>Climate Change>-skip->WW1>WW2>Cold War Nuke Project>Economic Breakdown>Terrorism>Global Warming.

well,this is only a speculation,bu its true, You Realize that EVERY nation that fight in a WAR(not colonization Rebellion) they became advanced Nations, Like Japan,USA,Russia,Europe,ETC....but those independent Nation like Indo and africa?.. Evil or Very Mad Mad
because they have nothing to fear...i live in indonesia and i know it...not dat i didnt patriotic to my country...it just..==' it have no hope..

...anyway,dats enough about country...what i want to know is wat is your opinion.

Last edited by Magma8520 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.alkanidraw.blogspot.com
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:28 am

How is this related to Cosmic Break?
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:29 am

Magma8520 wrote:
Sasuke and Naruto
i skipped the whole thing the moment i saw it was something about naruto.

also, apparently u made this topic in the wrong section.
a mod will prolly come over and shift it to lounge soon.

Last edited by Rinrin on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:30 am

People with purple names, get this outta here please.
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:31 am

==' its not about naruto..its about the THEORIES of state of fear=='
you ignorant...
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:40 am

Too long;never read.
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:42 am

==' well...i guess so....=='
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:50 am

Magma8520 wrote:
==' its not about naruto..its about the THEORIES of state of fear=='
you ignorant...

It's still not related to CB. So, wrong place yo.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:51 am

Indo didn't have wars? obviously you never heard of all of those military engagement? Like GAM?
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:05 am

==' i sad not rebellion....i mean real war...although im myself an indo,ppl ego here too big, too much corruption.....face a war once and BAM,they WILL straighten up.
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:13 am

if its not cosmic break it doesn't belong in cosmic break general
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:48 am

tl;dr

what2do

someone mentioned sasuke and naruto,so it's a no go.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Too long. XD
Smaller example please Sad
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:33 am

Smaller more concise example please. Singapore didn't get into any war, still a nice country. If your term of war is limited to WW1- WW2.... I don't know what to say to you. Didn't you get taught national history or something? we do get wars like say Indonesia -Malaysia Confrontation in the 1960s We also had that horrid 98 riots or Communist uprising, we didn't live in perpetual peace, we live basically on top of many many incidents
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:47 am

That long story, I can't be bothered reading all of it.
falcon1 wrote:
Y U NO BE NICE TO ME? Sad
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:53 am

Nisa wrote:
tl;dr

what2do

Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

Female Posts : 617
Location : 2nd Star on the right and straight on till morning.

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:06 am

Well I didn't read this, but I will humor you.

Switzerland Singapore aren't nations that has participated in a major war and are still "advanced" nations.
They don't propagate problems in order to keep their people in control.
Care to explain that?

Next time, type the theory first before posting an example. Since posting an example without anything is just posting a wall of text.
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:39 am

people should stop blank quoting
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:52 am

okok,sorry, well. im not forcing the theories,i only ask bout your opinion...
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:03 am

Stickboy wrote:
Nisa wrote:
tl;dr

what2do

Rinrin wrote:
Magma8520 wrote:
Sasuke and Naruto
i skipped the whole thing the moment i saw it was something about naruto.
someone agrees Smile
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:37 pm

LXE wrote:
falcon1 wrote:

I r confuzzed. How can my earlier statement lead to you thinking that I'm not nice towards you? Shocked
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Summarize this shit for me magma
falcon1 wrote:
LXE wrote:
falcon1 wrote:

I r confuzzed. How can my earlier statement lead to you thinking that I'm not nice towards you? Shocked
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Abolla wrote:
Well I didn't read this, but I will humor you.

Switzerland Singapore aren't nations that has participated in a major war and are still "advanced" nations.
They don't propagate problems in order to keep their people in control.
Care to explain that?

Next time, type the theory first before posting an example. Since posting an example without anything is just posting a wall of text.

First NNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

2nd jesus christ to long bro.

3rd yes america has advanced threw war point.

4th Getting more powerful threw war really only worked for us.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:31 pm

I stopped reading when I saw Naruto and Sasuke in the same sentence
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:04 pm

Example Shortened and Changed,maybe you gonna read it now.

As For Singapore,It was colonized by many nation,AND amongst one dat colonozing it,There BRITISH dat mean it categorized as SuperPower Nation Extension at dat time..
Quote from Wikipedia:

'Singapore had been a part of various local empires since it was first inhabited in the second century AD. It hosted a trading post of the East India Company in 1819 with permission from the Sultanate of Johor. The British obtained sovereignty over the island in 1824 and Singapore became one of the British Straits Settlements in 1826. Singapore was occupied by the Japanese in World War II and reverted to British rule after the war. It became internally self-governing in 1959"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.   State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion. Empty

Back to top Go down

State Of Fear(not the movie/novel) Discussion.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next