Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDXJfJIk3U
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/choujigengameneptune/index.html

Looks interesting yah?
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
GreyFalcon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
GreyFalcon

Male Posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:53 am

I'll look at this later
Back to top Go down
Xaiyu

Male Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:18 am

VietPho wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDXJfJIk3U
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/choujigengameneptune/index.html

Looks interesting yah?

oh this is surfacing again? I read about this game back in 2008, it began production by Sega, and then nothing... at the time i think it was just being called Neptune. Should be a solid game, Complie Hearts does alot of echii games, like Queen's Blade: Spiral Chaos, and Cross Edge. The only thing that bugged me was some gameplay i found on youtube of a couple of the girls running, it looked a bit stiff and the voices were alittle annoying, this is coming from someone who perfers JP voices over american voice actors anyday. I'll definatly keep an eye on it now that it's poped back up, thanks for sharing. Are we looking at a Playstation 3 exclusive still?
Back to top Go down
GreyFalcon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
GreyFalcon

Male Posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:43 pm

No cover art for you
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/01/22/hyperdimension-neptunia-no-oppai-for-the-foreigners/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:02 pm

GreyFalcon wrote:
No cover art for you
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/01/22/hyperdimension-neptunia-no-oppai-for-the-foreigners/
"12-Year-Old Boy Japan's Youngest Transsexual"
Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) 1265942700844
Back to top Go down
LanceSP
Newcomer
Newcomer
LanceSP

Male Posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:16 am

Ohoh, people actually know about this game?

I've already got it pre-ordered actually. Can't wait to get the art book and deck.
And the actual game of course. Not expecting amazing game play though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Ok, so this game involves anthropomorphic console girls fighting against the evil forces of video game piracy.
I'm getting this.
Back to top Go down
Kyriaki
Kyriaki

Male Posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:36 am

I got the game, and I must say, it's pretty good if you're into laughs and references. There's so many of both. Oh, fanservice too. The English voice acting isn't bad at all, and there are some cases where I prefer the English dub to the Japanese and vice-versa. For pure game play critics, this game may fall a bit short. For me, as an otaku and a gamer, this is a must get.

P.S. Wii... is... so amusing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 am

Kyriaki wrote:
I got the game, and I must say, it's pretty good if you're into laughs and references. There's so many of both. Oh, fanservice too. The English voice acting isn't bad at all, and there are some cases where I prefer the English dub to the Japanese and vice-versa. For pure game play critics, this game may fall a bit short. For me, as an otaku and a gamer, this is a must get.

I managed to secure the only copy left at the GameStop I went to. The art book is sexy~

Last edited by Diabolical on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyriaki
Kyriaki

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:32 am

Diabolical wrote:
Kyriaki wrote:

I manged to secure the only copy left at the GameStop I went to. The art book is sexy~

Apparently, there's not enough stock of this game anywhere. Either game shops didn't order enough (lack of demand) or alot of people are buying it. There was only one copy (that I know of) here in my area, and my friend secured it. I pre-ordered mine, so I don't have to worry.

And yes, art book is sexy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:37 am

Owning this game makes me feel special.
Although I do have a few complaints. The whole "Go anywhere from the world menu" idea sucks. I'd rather travel to dungeons and whatnot. And dungeons themselves suck too. They're so bland. Other than that I'm enjoying the game.
Back to top Go down
Kyriaki
Kyriaki

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:50 am

The game's exploration portion isn't so great, I'll agree. The charm comes from the idea of having a console wars anthropomorphized into cute girls, a very flexible combo system (You can name your combos anything! And I mean anything.), and the plethora of references and innuendo in the dialogue.

Yes, I also feel special for pre-ordering this. My friend feels special for having the only copy in probably the whole of the Philippines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 am

Kyriaki wrote:
a very flexible combo system
Yep. What I need to do is to find a couple of good images to write on my recently acquired R/W discs.
Back to top Go down
Kyriaki
Kyriaki

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:28 am

I'm going to add Lily Rain on the picture. Let's see how it works.

Also, I named Compa's Physical combo as "Bitch Slap." She really looks like she's bitch slapping the enemy. xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:23 am

It appears that some DLC is out. Nothing special really. Just a few quests and stat boosts. The quests are free DLC and have a special weapon as a reward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)   Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3)
Page 1 of 1