Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RT buyers!

Go down 
+27
necrio
NovaZero
Hyoka
LeoAurico
boytitan2
Kitouski
xzpwnz
shinigami
Intet
Ropalx
Desu
Bloodbane
ChaosOmni
Signilde
Z741
FullThrottle
(´・ω・`)
Feign
technomo12
Midona
IDecidedToBeAJerkAboutIt
Abolla
Jello
FenixStryk
koi
MightyPeanut
Puddin'
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Puddin'
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Puddin'

Female Posts : 345

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:31 am

Why is there so much hate for people that buy RT?

It boggles my mind how some people can get so bitter when they see or are in a match with someone that has obviously bought RT.

Spoiler:

Anyway, Anyone have any theory's as to why this is?

Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

Male Posts : 289

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:55 am

The main reason is that they want RT prices to be lowered.
The general thought is that if players boycott getting RT, then Cyberstep will be forced to lower RT rates so that they can make money.

However, with all the people buying RT anyway, Cyberstep probably won't lower the rates and that makes the complainers butthurt
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 6:36 am

People are just jealous.

They are 2x jealous and angry when you are good enough to get in top5.

And then, you have some shining wings to troll the poor mob.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 7:34 am

There aren't any bots right now that are a huge pain, but it is a minor concern since my performance is restricted to hopping to succeed as a UC-only player. It's easy to dwell on ideas like "Would I have grabbed 1st instead of 3rd if I had the Rt to get Misty and tune safely?"

More than that is the fact that people are laying well over a hundred dollars to snag these advantages. The draw of a game being F2P starts to fade when the only way to remain remotely competitive is to spend more money than it would cost to play a P2P. Granted, we're not quite there yet, but it's coming.
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:00 am

Deep down people are just jealous. I bet you the people who say "fuck RT" would be totally happy and stop complaining if someone game them free RT. Shit, I'd be happy if I got 10 RT since I just need 10 to buy a bugsy. Four defense cartridges, no weaknesses, and a pretty small body for an M size? Fuck yeah! Totally exploitable.

Personally I didn't buy RT, not because of the prices though, because I don't really like the idea of spending money on a piece of data. Though it hasn't stopped me from doing well on Arenas or Epoch...Both Destructors are plenty powerful and accel saber is just bad ass and well shino..is shino...
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

Female Posts : 617
Location : 2nd Star on the right and straight on till morning.

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:14 am

To solve any future Rt problems so this problem never happens again.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
IDecidedToBeAJerkAboutIt
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 9

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:34 am

Puddin' wrote:

Spoiler:

Not to go offtopic, but DAMN that's a lot of RT. Wish I had all that money to spend.

FenixStryk wrote:
More than that is the fact that people are laying well over a hundred dollars to snag these advantages. The draw of a game being F2P starts to fade when the only way to remain remotely competitive is to spend more money than it would cost to play a P2P. Granted, we're not quite there yet, but it's coming.

See S4 League for an example of that, some guy in my clan spent over 500€ trying to roll a single weapon, and since cash users go around with equipment full of those weapons (which are BROKEN) and +9 defense clothes against naked people with +0 items you can guess how balanced the game is towards free users.

Hopefully CB won't end like that -- at the moment it's even pretty balanced actually, the cash robots aren't OP by themselves as they still require a good amount of skill on the user's part to perform decently. If you can't play you're just cannon fodder in an expensive robot.
Case in point: I've beaten people using 2 Luminous Wings with ease, yet I've been beaten by people using Frog Landers.

Skills matters. Really. People should stop crying about the cash shop.
Back to top Go down
Puddin'
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Puddin'

Female Posts : 345

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:46 am

Luminous wings don't really offer much apart from 1 slot each, they cost nothing though so it's basically 2 free slots.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:34 am

Basically, real cash items = overpowered for most people in free to play games. Here it's not really the case, because some UC bot have decent (and sometimes better than RT bots) stats, and are way easier to tune up (failed part? Spended some UC) than RT bot (repay RT each time you're failing). Also, every tune up is possible, and there is still a +10% chance in UC, which is good to take.

Yet, best bot are often RT, but this is not that much noticeable. RT = Fashion and easy, and nothing really imbalanced. Now, try to make others players think that.
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:50 am

all i want in RTs are the following

Cosmo harmonics
Slot protector (gold)
Sloted bot parts (around 3 bots parts rest is goten in arcantus)
Handy Bazooka
Ivis
Lilychan
Crimchan
Paralyzer

thats all
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:53 am

technomo12 wrote:

Cosmo harmonics
Slot protector (gold)
Handy Bazooka
Ivis
Lilychan
Crimchan
Paralyzer

thats all

You've my benediction of epic lottery rolling. You can't understand why unless you're french and playing also at S4 league, but you have it for your future rolls.
Back to top Go down
IDecidedToBeAJerkAboutIt
Newcomer
Newcomer

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:41 am

Puddin' wrote:
Luminous wings don't really offer much apart from 1 slot each, they cost nothing though so it's basically 2 free slots.

I know, but 2 Luminous Wings mean that the user has spent 400+ bucks on their account. Spending that much on a f2p should give you a discrete benefit over other users, losing against a single enemy is a sign that having much more cash shop items on your avatar is not an "I win" button.

(btw, you play S4L too?)
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:31 am

Midona wrote:
technomo12 wrote:

Cosmo harmonics
Slot protector (gold)
Handy Bazooka
Ivis
Lilychan
Crimchan
Paralyzer

thats all

You've my benediction of epic lottery rolling. You can't understand why unless you're french and playing also at S4 league, but you have it for your future rolls.

lol im only spending on my extras meaning if i have spare cash and is more than capable to buy 100 RT so why not
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:49 am

I bought $50 Rt at the start, and sometimes by $30 worth when I find more than $30 worth of free money. I figure I'll keep my expenditures fairly low (maybe $10 a month) except for the aforementioned found money scenarios.
Back to top Go down
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:12 pm

they just dont know how to build things with UC or even think they are able to tune w/o the aid of rt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Abolla wrote:
To solve any future Rt problems so this problem never happens again.
Spoiler:

This pretty much summed it all up.

@ Fenix: that's about what I was thinking of at this point.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:34 pm

I just buy RT for the occasional purchase I'd like. Needless to say, I'd much rather shell out the money to receive a bot straight from the shop [yay Toybox Razz] over spending slightly less for a chance at something I want in the Garapon Roll.

Don't even want all that much in the Garapon either, with the exception of a Blast Bazooka [GU01] for Lily and maybe a Divine Blade [Mecha-Gara]. But nooooooooo, I just had to turn up a Herr Victor. Sad
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Z741 wrote:
I just buy RT for the occasional purchase I'd like. Needless to say, I'd much rather shell out the money to receive a bot straight from the shop [yay Toybox Razz] over spending slightly less for a chance at something I want in the Garapon Roll.

Don't even want all that much in the Garapon either, with the exception of a Blast Bazooka [GU01] for Lily and maybe a Divine Blade [Mecha-Gara]. But nooooooooo, I just had to turn up a Herr Victor. Sad
Complaining about rolling a Herr Victor ist VERBOTEN. If his Sliding Kick and Chaselight Punch are anywhere near as good as Adonne's Chaselight Kick, then you have yourself a very good thing there, even if it's not specifically the thing you wanted.
Back to top Go down
IDecidedToBeAJerkAboutIt
Newcomer
Newcomer

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Feign wrote:
Complaining about rolling a Herr Victor ist VERBOTEN.

I'm complaining about rolling a Herr Victor on my girlfriend's account after I bought her some RT and rolling Garapon ONCE while I spent 240RT on my account and best I got was a Soljeter. Does that count?
Back to top Go down
Signilde
Signilde

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:17 pm

I spent a little on RT just to get my Sturmbanger Standard (MS-1031 Soulscream), which was all I really wanted RT wise. Honestly though, it's not too hard to craft yourself a truly bad machine with the UC parts and even some stuff from random rewards on the arena, or drops in quest mode. My Sturm is a great bot, but my CN Destructor (Kaptain Kaboom) actually does more damage than it does even if it has less of a spread. Honestly, I'm more concerned about a Hopper than any RT bot out there. As far as weapons go, go poke haku for that big glowing sword, or haunt those epoch matches for a Ballistic Launcher. RT seems to give a bit of a head start rather than keep one ahead.
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:54 pm

well what every noob who play this game will FAIL thinking that spending money on this means your awesome and dont need skill cuz your rich

i think not

my lily using 2 misside arms 2 micro zooka and build arm boster owns 15 AIR bots and they hated me for it

its not money its skill/hopping and fast/laggy net that wins a game heck i can even kill a destructor with a BEAM GUN using my seraph crimrose if i have hyper shot heheeh
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Jello wrote:
Deep down people are just jealous. I bet you the people who say "fuck RT" would be totally happy and stop complaining if someone game them free RT. Shit, I'd be happy if I got 10 RT since I just need 10 to buy a bugsy. Four defense cartridges, no weaknesses, and a pretty small body for an M size? Fuck yeah! Totally exploitable.

Personally I didn't buy RT, not because of the prices though, because I don't really like the idea of spending money on a piece of data. Though it hasn't stopped me from doing well on Arenas or Epoch...Both Destructors are plenty powerful and accel saber is just bad ass and well shino..is shino...

You're not supporting the servers to continue? I should say I blame you, but I can't strangely find fault in not supporting this game outside of blind hope the further I look into it.

CBJP died is dying in part probably because those who were buying Rt got pissed off that the freeloaders were being given opportunities at gratuitous amounts of Rt to obtain premium items, making the monetary value of their purchases insignificant, as well as any personal appreciation for said items. A few CBEN peeps trolling there didn't help any.

You know how other F2P games get over run with beggars? Well, if they start giving shit away nobody is going to buy Rt, and those who can't and never would will just stick around eating up bandwidth.

Free is a relative term, and in a business world, free is a BS lie. Everything costs time and effort, which need to be payed for, even if slavery still existed (I'm talking about the general term back in the days as far back as Egyptian times), it would still cost someone for that effort (why that one Greek guy mentioned it is only fair/right to still treat people like people, as those who make efforts to help you or even the greater majority deserve thanks/appreciation). Deals like buy one get one free are actually 50% off sales, typically due to overstock or on goods with an expiration date that need to be moved.

Digital is a different story, where sales are entirely based on trying to lure revenues they'd get constantly if the prices were always at that discount. The only reason they don't is generally to force a supply in demand mentality where there is a demand for a certain in game item so after seeing a few people do well with it or that it looks cool, players who come in after the sale may see said items and pay full price.

Premium items don't appreciate when everyone has them and when players do not actually need to spend $ to obtain them, or if they do jack to really help improve your odds/progress.

It also helps if the freeloaders who are leeching on servers you pay to keep up don't bitch you out.

Last edited by ChaosOmni on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:07 pm

ChaosOmni wrote:
Jello wrote:

You're not supporting the servers to continue? I should say I blame you, but I can't strangely find fault in not supporting this game outside of blind hope the further I look into it.

CBJP died is dying in part probably because those who were buying Rt got pissed off that the freeloaders were being given opportunities at gratuitous amounts of Rt to obtain premium items, making the monetary value of their purchases insignificant, as well as any personal appreciation for said items. A few CBEN peeps trolling there didn't help any.

You know how other F2P games get over run with beggars? Well, if they start giving shit away nobody is going to buy Rt, and those who can't and never would will just stick around eating up bandwidth.

Free is a relative term, and in a business world, free is a BS lie. Everything costs time and effort, which need to be payed for, even if slavery still existed (I'm talking about the general term back in the days as far back as Egyptian times), it would still cost someone for that effort (why that one Greek guy mentioned it is only fiar/right to still treat people like people, as those who make efforts deserve thanks/appreciation). Buy one get one free is actually a 50% off sale, typically due to overstock or on goods with an expiration date that need to be moved.

Digital is a different story, where sales are entirely based on trying to lure revenues they'd get constantly if the prices were always at that discount. The only reason they don't is generally to force a supply in demand mentality where there is a demand for a certain in game item so after seeing a few people do well with it or that it looks cool, players who come in after the sale may see said items and pay full price.

Premium items don't appreciate when everyone has them and when players do not actually need to spend $ to obtain them, or if they do jack to really help improve your odds/progress.

It also helps if the freeloaders who are leeching on servers you pay to keep up don't bitch you out.

yes this reminds of a former mech 3rd person shooter whos server went down due to many many mnay beggars playing
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:19 pm

So basically they're only supporting the game because it gives them nice things, makes them feel special, and makes them feel like they're superior than the other people who don't buy RT? Talk about having all the wrong reasons to genuinely "support" something.

hurr use money to feel special and superior to people > everyone gets treated the same otherwise > BULLSHITTT NERD RAGGEEE!!!
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Jello wrote:
\hurr use money to feel special and superior to people > everyone gets treated the same otherwise > BULLSHITTT NERD RAGGEEE!!!

saw this cumming. =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RT buyers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RT buyers!   RT buyers! Empty

Back to top Go down

RT buyers!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next