Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need some help with tuning and cartridges

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

Male Posts : 54

Need some help with tuning and cartridges Empty
PostSubject: Need some help with tuning and cartridges   Need some help with tuning and cartridges EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 5:36 pm

I've been browsing old build posts and noticed that almost all, if not all, are using High Alpha/Beta tunings. Seems like it's the most efficient way to tune. Does this still apply to CBU? (are Great tunings bad?)

Also, I read something about breakpoints for WLK/FLY but there seems to be varying claims on what the actual breakpoints are, so I'm very unsure.

Onto my next concern. After some tries of mix and matching mechbots, I had no success in building a decent bot. So I ended up using Natascha and Kururu Gradd. Any advise on what cartridges to use for Natascha, as well as if I should go WLK or FLY?

I find playing Kururu with Jet Accel BS to be fun. Should I still go for more WLK or should I up my TGH? (Also what exactly does Kururu's WB and BD Sub does?)
Back to top Go down
RemyFool
Newcomer
Newcomer
RemyFool

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with tuning and cartridges   Need some help with tuning and cartridges EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 10:43 pm

Can't speak for most of your post since I don't really play with Kururu or Nat.
High _______ Beta/Gamma/Alpha tunes are the most effecient, yes. It's just simple math.

The two highest WLK breakpoints for LND are 32 / 36. The highest WLK breakpoint for non-LND is 35. These are not Boost Run breakpoints which are very different. Please also keep FLY at at least 1 so the bot can actually climb terrain with the spacebar.

The FLY breakpoints are 25, 28, 31, 34, 38. The bot has to be a very strong alpha bot or long ranged bot in order to make 25 and 28 FLY acceptable. Otherwise aim for 31, 34, or 38. Please keep WLK at at least 1 so the bot doesn't take too long to properly land on the ground after flying.

Tuning TGH is not advised. First tune mobility (WLK/FLY), then weapon tunes if needed, then TEC/STR, then possibly HP. 40 TEC / STR may not be as mandatory these days since they revamped the hit system to be more merciful and your damage goes down quicker if everyone is shooting at the same guy, but if you find yourself fighting 1v1 more often or if you're aggressively hunting down guys to kill, 40 of a damage stat is still good.

chalkzone908 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Poppet
Abbey Cry
Abbey Cry

Female Posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with tuning and cartridges   Need some help with tuning and cartridges EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 3:27 am

Just build full TEC on Natascha and 3x Great Rapid. No point in building mobility when it's better to just use Jet Accel.

Kururu is complicated. Note that you can buy a Spike Shooter for her in the shop. It scales on STR now. The question is if you want to run her gunner and saw or double saw.

Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with tuning and cartridges   Need some help with tuning and cartridges EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 6:33 am

Poppet wrote:
Just build full TEC on Natascha and 3x Great Rapid. No point in building mobility when it's better to just use Jet Accel.

What about cartridges(aside from x6 capacity)? At the moment, I have blast guard and quick jump. Moving burst doesn't seem useful since she's locked to using 2 weapons only. Is short boost ideal for her playstyle?

Quote :

Kururu is complicated. Note that you can buy a Spike Shooter for her in the shop. It scales on STR now. The question is if you want to run her gunner and saw or double saw.

Which is better Sway or Assault Step, and why?
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Abbey Cry
Abbey Cry

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with tuning and cartridges   Need some help with tuning and cartridges EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 6:59 am

chalkzone908 wrote:
Poppet wrote:

What about cartridges(aside from x6 capacity)? At the moment, I have blast guard and quick jump. Moving burst doesn't seem useful since she's locked to using 2 weapons only. Is short boost ideal for her playstyle?

Quote :

Which is better Sway or Assault Step, and why?

Natascha:

6x Capacity
Broad Radar
Sniper Sight
Blast Guard
Stealth System(Optional)

Note that Stealth System doesn't work against Broad Radar but it's not like you're spending the capacity otherwise. You can run Beam Guard instead if you wish.

Kururu:

Assault Step for double saws. The idea is to dash to catch your target.

If you run the Spike Shooter go hopper. Or sway even.

Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with tuning and cartridges   Need some help with tuning and cartridges EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 2:15 pm

RemyFool wrote:

Tuning TGH is not advised.

So you mean those fully tuned Bynes terrorizing Random Wars only have base TGH?

@Poppet What tunings are good for melee weapons?
(Nevermind, turns out I can't tune Kururu's AM so I'll just use the sub weapon slots for stat tunes.

Last edited by chalkzone908 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Abbey Cry
Abbey Cry

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with tuning and cartridges   Need some help with tuning and cartridges EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 10:00 pm

Great Grappler. I don't recommend it on Kururu's Dual Saws as you'd need to tune twice as much. But if you go Single Saw with Spiker Shooter it's probably worth it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with tuning and cartridges   Need some help with tuning and cartridges Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help with tuning and cartridges
Page 1 of 1