Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?

Go down 
+6
VietPho
Kuzuha
CxM
Samui
elmatalast
iAMsuperBlast
10 posters
AuthorMessage
iAMsuperBlast
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
iAMsuperBlast

Male Posts : 404

I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? Empty
PostSubject: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 4:45 am

Oh boy I'm surprised this place still exists. Been soooooo long since I even thought about this game. Just stopped by since apparently I'm still getting newsletters from these here forums XD Still remember the dumb little dance video I made for a video contest the game was running and getting a consolation prize... heh.

Curious how the game has been doing? How much has changed since.... uh... when did I join again? 2011? Yeah since then.
Back to top Go down
elmatalast
Molcars Party Hard
Molcars Party Hard

Male Posts : 1457

I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 5:30 am

CBEN is on it's deathbed. Average active people is below 10. cbjp is still alive and kicking tho.
If you check the posts in general section you can get the clear picture.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 6:35 am

It was around 30 players before but suddenly plummeted to 10 players. No surprise there. The incoming events can hardly even pull players back in the game.
Back to top Go down
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

Male Posts : 833

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 7:36 am

CS could use a better advertising team as well as some game mode adjustments for Missions and Quests.

On topic, welcome back. man.
Back to top Go down
CxM
SeeSaw Molcar
SeeSaw Molcar

Location : if i'm lagging i'm home, if not i'm at the library.

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 11:58 am

we could post pics of our favorite bots on r/gaming maybe with a little story about them like how ya decided to build em or a satisfying moment.

back on topic, average hp is like 600 now and most new bots have functions you'd think only a sup should have
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Don't know how advertising would help the game when the newbies will still have to deal with the high hurdle of broken stuff spammed by some users. That hurdle drives them off pretty fast.
Back to top Go down
CxM
SeeSaw Molcar
SeeSaw Molcar

Location : if i'm lagging i'm home, if not i'm at the library.

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 7:42 pm

doesn't even have to be broken really, anything with near finished movement stats would give a new player trouble even if you only use a utility/tertiary weapon.

new players need new players to play with. need advertising good enough that multiple new players would join at the same time and won't have their 1st match with almost any of us. though i'm seriously amused at the thought of the 1st hit someone taking being a thermes evoluder or centurion punch.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 7:48 pm

You know the end is near when you only see 1 Lily Raine in this corner by herself.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/250809996

They destroyed this game when they got rid of Bazaar.  The Bazaar was what brought people together.

If they ever bring Bazaar back I will be giving away free mats.

Video offers going down was also another reason the game died. Shidokun destroyed the Offer Wall when he racked up like 40,000 RT.

Fun Match 1:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/88941661

Fun Match 2 - Throwback Video 2016:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/38864871

This 2016 video was when I last had real fun on CosmicBreak. The teamwork was phenomenal.

I will come back to CosmicBreak and play full time when they can merge CBEN with CBJP and let us keep all the stuff we already have.
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

Male Posts : 833

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 4:18 am

True. a new player diving into arena in day one is the fastest way for them to quit. The only way I could think of without making a total overhaul of the game is to make updated Missions and Quests which could teach how the new mechanics such as status effects, movement carts affect the game.

Imagine a Mission or quest that can teach the effects of Melt vs Burn, Slow vs Slow Turn, Bapho's WB and how to deal with it. It should be mandatory (with a skip button) for them to enter into the normal arena.
Back to top Go down
iAMsuperBlast
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
iAMsuperBlast

Male Posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 5:02 am

Hm... Been looking through the Gen section and yeah, seems like only people left are some real dedicated people. Also seems I started a long tradition of "What random stuff you seen today?" threads (if I assume from signature, I started the first one). That feels pretty nice to discover XD

Also thought I'd download the game again and bask in the nostalgia for a few days (I can't stay active in booming super popular MMOs, no way in hell I can stick to a dying one) and stare at those Chibi bots I remember getting. Then turns out I can't even access the Official CBEN site. I can the other two games Cyberstep has up there, but not CB. Whelp there goes my trip down nostalgia lane.
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 6:31 am

How long has it been since anyone made an introduction thread like that ? it feels like ages and although you came a bit too late you are more than welcome to stay for what is remaining of the server life

In my humble opinion what doomed the game in the end is CSUS bad management for the server the fact that the game remained as it is without any expansions new game modes and without a decent trading system is what made people sick and tired in the end oh and don't forget the stupid gap in the updates they decided to make for whatever reason without bothering to tell us even why

Back to top Go down
MrCake
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
MrCake

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 6:51 am

can tell you one main reason for their "bad" management
is due to their severe staff shortage
literally they have assigned most of their staffs to their riceball game
and yeah, thats what one of the gms told me a year or 2 ago (except for the riceball game part)
when i asked them why did they didn't sent out those character cards many were supposed to receive years ago

oh well, if you really do wanted to relieve your good ol days on cb, go for the jp version if you dont mind "moon runes"
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 7:41 pm

CBEN server coming back up when?
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
elmatalast
Molcars Party Hard
Molcars Party Hard

Male Posts : 1457

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 7:43 pm

VietPho wrote:
CBEN server coming back up when?
Never again
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 7:47 am

So Onigiri is part of the reason why this game is dying... interesting.
But really, they should've just left the bazaar open 24/7 and have everyone logging in while doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
LayLay
Potato Thinking
Potato Thinking

Male Posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? EmptyThu May 03, 2018 7:09 am

Hi all

I am dropping in for a moment to say hi after 4-5 years also.

I used to run a bug Zerg clan (RANDOM ENCOUNTER) and u guys/gals used to gang up on me here and bully/troll me to the point where the admins even deleted my account and forced me to make this one.

I think I remember you LazFlamme, and there used to by XYZ or something and Niisa.

I actually just tried to log into the game and was able to log in but seems i no longer have any of my stuff and had to make a new name and stuff. Anyone experienced similar?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/graveduke/random
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?   I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been? Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm back... Actually no... I'm just stopping by for a moment. How's the game been?
Page 1 of 1