Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darling in the Franxx

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Darling in the Franxx Empty
PostSubject: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 12:24 am

A new Mecha anime that recently arrived. I heard this one is rather apocalyptic too.

Darling in the Franxx WrQAwzF

It's called Darling In The Franxx. Basically it takes place in a future where most of humanity has been forced to live in a refuge city called the Plantation, while these biomechanical kaiju-like aliens called the Klaxosaurs have dominated the rest of the planet. To keep the Plantation safe from possible Klaxosaur assaults, children are trained to pilot giant mechs called Franxx, which require two pilots to work.

The series is about a boy named Hiro who loses his chance at becoming a Franxx pilot, but later is given a second chance once a Human/Klaxosaur hybrid girl named Zero-Two enlists him as her partner after her old partner died in an attack. He takes up on this opportunity and sets out to defend the Plantation by all means necessary.

To me, it seems like God Eater meets Pacific Rim. A good series to begin 2018, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 1:18 am

The synopsis makes it sound not that bad, but boy it's a garbage fest, it's fanfic tier stuff, not much of substance, the ass handles are the closest thing to a plot. Well, can't expect much from Trigger and A-1 pictures these days (after they finished Silver Spoon 2 they barely did anything worth watching).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 am

I beg to differ. I mean this is just totally badass!

Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 1:48 am

there a difference between bad-ass and actual story worth content.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 am

I just wish it were cute too. Then it would be oh so much better.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 pm

La creatura.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Okay, all my hopes for this anime have been completely destroyed now. The last few episodes totally ruined it. So much going against things already established and nothing making sense, and more.

It's like Vividred Operation all over again. I can't believe this!
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 7:49 pm

They have been doing it the entire time. Instead of starting something interesting and going with it, they just started adding more and more stuff on top of it and made it go sideways, the result is a mess.

Once a cliché is added they just jump to the next, they just keep adding everything they can to keep the people's attention and attract more, bad writing at it's best. You can hear the screams of the staff on the background trying to figure out the next cliché to add. Robot isn't enough? GET A BIGGER ROBOT! Sadly that's how you make hype, not quality. Since I have a huge backlog it's how I weed out things now, if I hear that a show has "plot twists" or "game changing revelations" in every episode then I know it's garbage. Good series don't need those things, it's interesting on it's own and interesting enough for people to keep watching, it focus on what it is instead of adding things that detract away from it and that only generate hype, and it builds a great story in the end.

Or much like, good moment happens, gets smashed right away by something bad, that sounds to me like trash modern teen drama, forced and garbage while ALL happens in a single episode, now look at something good and see why it's good and acclaimed.

See Clannad, was it good because it destroyed us inside in a single episode? Not really. The trick there was to first make good happy episodes with development, Ushio didn't just happen, we saw Tomoya's and Ushio's development, the whole ordeal takes 5 episodes and you see them going from strangers to a proper family and then in the end of that part, death. Same with Tomoya and Nagisa's life after school ended, it took a while, it charmed us and then crushed us.

Franxx? Even I can write their episodes. Wedding but everyone gets jailed in the middle. That's the episode. They can't fucking multi task, you don't need to make things happen one at a time, you can start things early and make them slowly happen, manage your damn time instead of putting everything in 1 episode. The whole thing is 2 seasons worth, most shows these days only get 13 and some do far more than Franxx did. It annoys me to no end this forced and rushed drama, and "revelations in every episode because our core concept isn't interesting enough".

Eva is a meme at this point, but besides what people say about Shinji being a wimp (but still doing everything people claim he doesn't), it was well written in that everything doesn't happen in one episode, characters develop, early events influence later events, they develop characters by even using the fights and don't separate things. Sure now it feels cheesy, it is a 90's show, a lot of things were done in a way back then that isn't as appealing anymore, characters might not be likeable due to strong personalities and depressing tone, still that isn't a negative itself, honestly I find that people hate it more because they can't own up that they are trash themselves, we all are, they try to force this realism into characters while trying to make them unrealistically perfect, and many bad comments about the characters in the show like Shinji only proves the whole point of those characters, people will shit on other people and that's a problem, and people prove that the real side of it exists by trying to deny that people have problems.

Franxx wants to be like Eva (and other mecha shows with emphasis on the characters), it wants to make people miserable and make it a #relatable teen drama, but in the end it fails in all aspects of it because the characters are garbage, the development was garbage, and the story tried too hard to add elements on top of it's base instead of expanding the base itself, and that's garbage as well. But then again it was bad from the start when it tried to be "smart" with the sex undertones and in the end they just made it look like a doujin you fap once to. Make a doujin trying to make fun out of bad mecha shows, now take out the sex, you get Franxx. My problem isn't actually the teen pregnancy, that's fine if they want that, but they just cheapen it all with the way they did it, they didn't need that stupid cockpit and names, the characters themselves should be the relevant part in that aspect, you just made it look stupid, even those garbage ecchi shows do a better job by being honest about it instead of being witty, it's fetish fuel at it's best.

Actually, Yuuna-san airs this coming season and I've been reading the manga, surprisingly, despite some questionable use of "ecchi", they actually try to develop the characters. It's still a low tier story, but at least they try to make the characters fairly interesting and they aren't stuck in a loop of "falling over scenes". It was one of the issues with shows like Love Hina, it wasn't bad but at some point it stalled, then when development resumed it felt abrupt and too silly to follow. I sure hope they don't fuck up the Tanuki eyes and actually draw her properly.

Franxx could've been a good show, it had some interesting things that could've been good if done right, sadly Trigger with their stupid designs and their method of hyping things up ruining it all, it's a bunch of idiots that can't do proper story telling and sadly a good mecha show needs a good story to support it.

It wouldn't surprise me if in the last episode they pull a "you should have a proper name" and 02 gets a proper name and everyone awwws like retards.

Also, their community is the worst I've seen in quite a while, intrusive and toxic as well, what a bunch of mad children. Crunchy tends to spew out really annoying communities, but damn, this one actually is bad.

But hey, all the horny kids will buy the Bluray so it's a success. I just hope that unlike other successful trash it doesn't spew a bunch of clones, and we already had bad mecha lately to fill the trash cans (can the isekai genre just die already? Proper fantasy was interesting on it's own).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Here's what I hated about it in the last few episodes. And yes I really hated the Teen Pregnancy.

Like the reason It is mentioned that Dr Franxx did those horrible things in his experiments was only because he's an Atheist and no other legitimate reason at all! Honestly, there should be more reasons than that (not even the death of his wife doesn't really change his persona, he was doing it even before that happened)! There was also that scene where the Klaxo-Sapien queen rips his arm off and he becomes like sexually aroused by it, like what?!

And they explain he's a Geneticist, not an Engineer, creating giant robots would be out of his profession, it contradicts so much established! There's also the fact that the Agelessness Formula he created makes people sterile, and they say that the only reason the Franxx Robots need two pilots is because, for some reason that makes no sense, they need functioning sex organs to make it work without killing them, and he built both something that makes you not age but possibly destroys your sex organs in the process, and giant robots that require sex organs to work?! WTF?! Say what you want about Strike Witches, at least that didn't say something like the Striker Units require functioning Uteruses to work or something like that, just requires a Magic Drive and girls with magic powers, that's all.

Also I don't like how once they develop their efficient energy source, that all the nations just accept it without question and nothing like oil companies or such try to fight to keep their own industry relevant or anything like that, especially in the timespan of less than 7 years and with very little backing at first. It ruined so much at the finale, and the ending wasn't much better either.

Also this below.

Darling in the Franxx Why_i_hate_the_klaxosaurs_by_hexidextrous-dcn020t

BTW, I don't think I'll like Yuuna-San. No Cuteness!

Last edited by Armored Entity on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 1:54 am

Lol I thought Mami likes gore?

Best part about Franxx is the catchy OP song. Maybe they can make a fighting game out of it or something, the mecha designs look like they'd be playable somehow (they really reminded me of Axis-Valkyria lol).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 9:07 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Lol I thought Mami likes gore?

WHAT?! When have I ever said that?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darling in the Franxx   Darling in the Franxx Empty

Back to top Go down

Darling in the Franxx
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Anime and Manga-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com