Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cosmic GP Rally guide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wapiti4
Police Is Coming
Police Is Coming

Other / Decline to state Posts : 86

Cosmic GP Rally guide Empty
PostSubject: Cosmic GP Rally guide   Cosmic GP Rally guide EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:20 am

EDIT2: TLDR: Cosmic GP Rally! MAD gives 2 mission coins in 1:40 + loading times.
latest post has video
EDIT: This guide is outdated. Alexia/Kal can jump onto a wall far earlier - the first spiral, at the top point, fly for 1.5 height units and head for the rock on the right. Go right and then when you find the wall near the part of the big spiral and the building, jump on that one, go along this path and near the zig-zag part you can jump straight onto a wall near the finish. After that go left and just land on the final hill and you're done
Cannonballer can no longer "cheat" AFAIK due to having 0 fly.

So hey guys, I know I made a topic last month and stuff, but decided to make this messy picture of a guide. It doesn't show the more basic techniques like strafing to avoid an unjustified gameovers caused by lag (which is why most people stop doing this mission), where to strafe and where to drift/slide etc, but it does cover what route you have to take so you have a general idea of what line to take.

Cosmic GP Rally guide Cosmic10

general tips:
-if you get a gameover frequently over a certain part even though you were doing okay, try strafing a little before entering that part
-know when to slide, when to strafe and where to just simply turn using the mouse
-know that very little people play this, and it's because it's not monetarily valuable and gives no exp
-and finally, know that this mode is very easy compared to arena

very very easy

Thank you for reading my post. I'm not sure if anyone'll ever use it, but hey. Might as well submit, since I've made it. Feel free to comment

Last edited by wapiti4 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:19 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : mission patched in CBJP; different than CBEN version as described)
Back to top Go down
Frizz
Busted
Busted

Male Posts : 2029

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic GP Rally guide   Cosmic GP Rally guide EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 am

Yep the lag fucks big time in this mission.
Back to top Go down
wapiti4
Police Is Coming
Police Is Coming

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic GP Rally guide   Cosmic GP Rally guide EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 11:38 am

Yeah, I know! But since I was getting like 25-30k from every DR box I get back then, that was barely an issue.

But now? Nooooooo......
Back to top Go down
wapiti4
Police Is Coming
Police Is Coming

PostSubject: Cosmic GP Rally! updated for 2019   Cosmic GP Rally guide EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 6:53 am

Reviving otherwise dead topic because you can get 2 mission coins from this each playthrough, so it's (1:40 + 30 sec loading/lobby) when you don't have good builds.

I made a slightly updated video because the track itself updated. Check it out:

Stuff to note:
Strafing (pressing A and D), and sliding (Space) lets you lessen lag-caused gameovers as it updates your position to server or something.
Pressing space at the edge of cliffs cause you to go faster (same with other bikers).
Press space without directional buttons to straighten before right clicking again at shortcut.
Contrary to the video, you can stop completely just before final windtunnel to lessen the effect and get on the wall easier.

Last edited by wapiti4 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo; added bit about lag gameover)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic GP Rally guide   Cosmic GP Rally guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmic GP Rally guide
Page 1 of 1