Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Toolbar, Notifications, and Tagging!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

New Toolbar, Notifications, and Tagging! Empty
PostSubject: New Toolbar, Notifications, and Tagging!   New Toolbar, Notifications, and Tagging! EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 10:03 am

I'm back everyone... sort of! xD

Rei said I had to finish the new forum theme before I leave for Japan in a week and while I was doing so I found some new features for Forumotion.

The Toolbar
The Toolbar is the new thing at the top of the page. It has a search bar that searches the whole form. On the right you'll see "Welcome username" and "Notifications" along with an arrow.

The arrow can hide the toolbar if you don't like it or if you just want it out of the way for awhile. The "Welcome allows you to get quick access to different profile things such as your your topics, watched topics, or your PMs from anywhere on the site!

Notifications
If you click on Notifications and then click on "See all the notifications" you'll see what kind of stuff can appear here. Such as when you get a friend request. a new PM, or a new post in a watched topic. You can even set it up so you can get email notifications if you like. You can also turn off all notifications if you don't like it.

Tagging
Now you're able to tag people in a the forum! To tag someone just put "@username". For example I can tag @rei_hunter or @MrCake. Also when you hover your cursor over a tag you're able to get a glance at that person's profile information.

The new theme
If you would like to see the progress on the new theme I'm creating, go to http://testingthemes.forumotion.com/
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com

New Toolbar, Notifications, and Tagging!
Page 1 of 1