Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project X Zone 2

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:21 am

LOL HE'S IN! FINALLY! (After so many years too~)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Male Posts : 104

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 8:50 am

... my body is ready!
Back to top Go down
http://fontesmakua.deviantart.com
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:15 am

Their rooster isn't getting any better. D;
Doesn't really get close to Namco X Capcom.

Kos-Mos is nowhere to be seen (though I'd like her to be solo, without the stupid T-Elos ruining her attacks), no one from the SRW games or spinoffs.
Just add Suzuka-hime, because she doesn't need a partner, she has Jyaki-Gun Oh.
They could also add Alfimi and Axel, since both are in SRW and also in a game that is pretty much like PxZ (which the fuckers never translated).
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:24 pm

You kiddin' me? With Strider and Shinobi getting some love? Virgil coming in, likely pairing with Dante?

Anyway, this is just the first teaser trailer, they'll show more people later on (the trailer does say "and more"). Kos-Mos is a no brainer, they just ain't showing her yet. Same with Ryu and Ken, you REALLY think those two are gone?

Judging from the trailer, they'll likely pair up everyone in a more sensible manner. For example, Dimitri will maybe pair up with Morrigan, Chun Li may be with Ryu (since those two were the first SF5 characters to be shown), etc.

Now, I really wish Bruce Willis Bruno Delinger is still in... that guy was funny! Maybe pairing with Frank West?! Oh, please, let it be so!

Anyway, might as well throw in some predicions of my own, just for fun:

Capcom:
- Donovan
- Phoenix Wright
- Random Monster Hunter Char (likely the kid from the new MH Stories)

Sega:
- Sonic
- Bayonetta
- Someone from Phantasy Star
- Wait... doesn't ATLUS belong to Sega, now?! Oh, boy... XD

Namco:
- Klonoa
- Pacman

Now, of only their OCs looked decent, rather than the tacky mess they usually are.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Strider and Shinobi are like, the only good new characters.
Chun-Li was paired with Morrigan in the first game, though honestly, they could make a better pairing in the next game.

Characters pairings are usually pretty obvious since they are related to each other, X and Zero, Kos-Mos and T-Elos, and so on.
Sega seems to choose all the meh characters for some reason. Some characters that some people will most likely think that they are from the Sega side, aren't from Sega at all. They won't even pick the default characters or NPC from PSO, which is rather silly (better than Yakuza).

For some reason, the trailer looks fishy. They ignored Exceed, the first game took a while, but suddenly their trailer jumps right for the west? The characters announced pretty much goes with that line too.
A lot of characters that probably are more popular in Japan and nowhere to be seen in the trailer.

Klonoa was in Namco X Capcom, because that game has a much better rooster (bigger too). Strider was in that game too. So was MOMO, which would be wonderful if they paired her with Kos-Mos rather than T-Elos.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:09 pm

In a way, what I'd like to see would be us being able to make our own pairings. Though, that means less freedom on how animations could be made. Spectacle having big focus in the series, fixed pairings are an understandable compromise.

As for Yakuza... I dunno, last I checked the thing seems to be doing pretty well. I personally don't care about it, but it's pretty unreasonable to expect the whole roster to feature characters that we like. As for characters belonging to Sega or not... what? Which characters, and in what way don't they belong to Sega?

Like I said before, this is just the first trailer, they'll be sure to show more people before release. Speaking of trailer... WESTERN RELEASE CONFIRMED, BITCHES!!!

I don't care if it's eshop-only... I'M IN!
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Not about what we like, but more like how Sega ignores a million characters that would easily fit into the game and that would easily be more identifiable than Yakuza or Virtua Fighter (they all look the bloody same when you mix in Tekken and Street Fighter).
Some new characters in PxZ2 were in Namco X Capcom already, so they aren't really that new to this kind of games (since they pretty much keep doing what NxC started). That game even had characters from Captain Commando.

Pairs are a cheap way of getting more characters into the game since it's a 2 in 1 thing. Which is what screws Kos-Mos, T-Elos is too obnoxious for Spell Blade, which is supposed to be a rather elegant attack. They started doing that in Endless Frontier, though Suzuka-hime rarely does the attacks herself, and then in Exceed they had Alex and Alfimi, and in that game Alfimi attacks the enemies herself more than Suzuka-hime does.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 5:15 pm

I do agree, I'd rather see other characters than the Yakuza cast, and nevermind Phantasy Star. Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Ryo from Shenmue, they got a lot to pick from. I do think Virtua Fighter SHOULD stay there undisputably, as that's Sega's main fighting game franchise (to balance with Capcom's Street Fighter and Namco's Tekken). If by looking the bloody same you mean they all look like adult human beings... I'm afraid that's what humans usually look like.

But if you notice, the Yakuza folks are from the zombie spin-off. They're most likely to contrast with the Resident Evil cast. Outta give chance for some funny dialogue, as usual. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.

As for the 2-in-1 being cheap, I dunno, it's really a design choice focused on spectacle. Instead of having two separate characters doing their own thing, you got them acting on-sync with one another for more impressive-looking animations. I can't make any comments on the gameplay since I never played NxC (not in the west, not touching it), but at least from a spectacle point of view I find PXZ to beat NxC rather easily. It's more recent, true, but still.

Now, I'm expecting PXZ2 to have a bigger roster, since the first one was very likely a test. PXZ seems to have sold over 400000 units, which isn't bad for a game of this type by any means. If the second does well enough, who knows, they may release the 2 Endless Frontier games on the western e-shop, kinda how Capcom recently did with Phoenix Wright.

Source on PXZ1 sales: https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/news/2015/04/13/project-x-zone-2-announced-for-europe-middle-east-and-australasia/5038
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 5:41 pm

NxC was the first game they made with this kind of thing, it would be rather bad if PxZ wasn't better since you know, it pick up the old system and improved it. Still a shame their rooster isn't really as great as NxC, and feels even smaller when they cut out the amount of playable characters into 2 half characters into 1 rather than 2 characters.
Pairs feels like only getting half of the package. Pairs are either great looking (because that's all they are, since you can make something just as good with a single character, but lel hype), or just boring or ruins part of the game for you.
Spectacle should be the least thing they should care about. That's also what defines bad triple A games. They only look good, that's about it.

I doubt they will re-release Exceed, since they didn't even bother actually releasing it in the west, might as remake it by then. Atlus didn't pick it up (probably busy re-releasing the same trash persona game a million times because no good reason), Bandai Namco is filled with dicks that make trash games for the west and keep all the good ones in Japan.

Virtua Fighter is in for the same reason why Tales is. They exist, so they have to shove it there to remember us that they have those series. And try to call the occasional fans. It's worse for Tales though, since they can't really throw in a character that people remember, they have to go with the recent ones.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Yeah, my comment on the Endless Frontier games is mostly wishful thinking.

Project X Zone 2 Polls_i_cant_believe_its_not_butter_ufo_x_files_i_want_t1_3749_253791_answer_2_xlarge

I still think the roster is a very subjective matter. Is PXZ's smaller? Yes and no. While gameplay-wise PXZ does have lesser options due to the tag-like system, if you count heads (which counts for the story, definately a strong point in PXZ) you got 60 for both games, not counting enemies.

Are the characters from NxC better picked? That's the highly subjective part. NXC gets a better selection on some areas (Strider, wider Street Fighter and Tekken picks, Soul Calibur folks, Klonoa, etc.), while PXZ gets it's strong points as well (better Resident Evil representation, X and Zero rather than Volnutt, Devil May Cry, Frank West, and all the folks at Sega, from Genghis Bahn, Bruno Delinger, the Sakura Wars cast, etc.).

In the end it's a matter of opinion. It appears you like NXC's picks better, and that's totally fine. As for me, I'm rather in-between. I do wish PXZ's roster was indeed a lil' bigger to make up for the tag system (and yes, having Sega thrown in limits Capcom's and Namco's picks), but at the same time NXC's roster is a bit too obscure for a western audience. No use having a big roster if most people dunno who the fuck half the cast is.

But again, let's wait and see what they got in store for PXZ2. Who knows, we might get rid of Neneko! WOHOO!!!
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 6:33 pm

Gameplaywise, the rooster is a lot smaller. Characterwise, it doesn't matter, because you could have them all in the background and say it had more (which is what the solo units are in PxZ, filler).

Sega wasn't in NxC, so, yeah, lel. Volnutt was actually a good thing to have in that game, since other Megaman easily get into other games.

If obscurity was a problem, Tales wouldn't be in it. Honestly, a lot of things wouldn't be in it, since they have different genres and games, they all end up being obscure except a few that are in our face all the time. Sega wouldn't even have most of the characters in it, because they seem really hard to not pick the well known ones.

If anything, the first Endless Frontier is in English, and they made the good decision of not dubbing it.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Considering Reiji and Xiaomu are probably the center of the story...

KOS-MOS and other related to them will be included as well.

We'll wait for October mmhmm (Probably along Smash Ballots)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
God is a Cat Girl

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Reiji and Xiaomu aren't related to Kos-mos though.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 8:04 pm

True, gameplay-wise the roster is indeed smaller. But like I said before, they're most likely starting low to see if the west bites. That's the japanese way, unfortunately. They never try hard until they're 110% sure of a success.

Here's what I think of the roster, specifically:

Sega did pull some odd choices. Shining Force and Resonance of Fate could be replaced with Phantasy Star and Sonic. Rikiya (The fedora dude with stitches on his face) could've been replaced with Ryo from Shenmue. Some Jet Set Radio would be welcome, even if as a solo unit.

Capcom played it safe and obvious for the most part, and in my opinion they're the best of the 3. They covered their bases fairly well, while tossing some misc. extras here and there. If anything, I would've re-organized the pairings a lil', but overall it's not too bad. As with Megaman, they clearly picked X and Zero to boost success in the west (which worked like clockwork). Yeah, the hardcore Megaman fans know and love Volnutt quite a bit, but the general audience cares more about the Classic and X series. You can bet that at least half the sales in the west were because of X and Zero! Volnutt wouldn't have made as much impact, not even close.

Namco kinda... cheated. Sure, they got the biggest selection, but 6 of their picks were from earlier crossovers (Namco X Capcom and SRW:OG). I love Sanger, he's easily one of my favourites in the game, but still. I'd take the Endless Frontier or the .Hack folks out and give Soul Calibur some love. Also boot Neneko out for Klonoa, instead. Tales of Vesperia makes sense, as it seemingly did well in the west. Keep in mind that up until Symphonia, Tales was nearly non-existant in the west, specially in Europe. Vesperia was when the franchise began to get more known. No idea on God Eater, though, better look that up.

Now, for the Solo units, I wouldn't consider them filler at all. They're support units, and thus less relevant gameplay-wise than the tags, that much is certain. But deminishing their role by calling them filler is a bit extreme. I dunno about you, but I got my ass saved by them a bunch of times! I do think they could have more moves to choose from (maybe have it be influenced by the Circle Pad as well), increasing their usefulness. Maybe in the sequel, who knows at this point.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 8:41 pm

But they are filler. In Endless Frontier, the only filler was the robots, which were plot units, the assist units besides the robots, were the characters that weren't being used.
They are just there for "Oh look, this other character you like is in the game too! Even though all they do is appear for a few seconds once in a while and repeat the same attack a million times! Buy it now!"

Tales in Europe still doesn't exist even today. Every JRPG that isn't FF can barely be found anywhere but obscure minor shops, or Fnac, but Fnac are jews, they charge 3 times more than other shops for a game with the box in Spanish, fuck your Spanish imports. Those games might see the light for a few days in major shops, until they fall to the back of the shelve and live as this elusive copy that you saw once but can't find again. But hey, sealed copies from other people doesn't cost nearly as much as an used game in the US!

Namco has the biggest selection, since they also have Bandai. They can pull up a million different characters that people will recognize.

Rather silly to even mention sales when it comes to X and Zero. With that many games and in newer platforms than the original, it's a no brainer. And in a game like this, they don't even need to care about the sales of each franchise. If they cared about such things, Megaman wouldn't be dead. Meanwhile they can easily throw names and rights to other devs and reap cents.

For me Capcom is actually the worst out of the 3, except not because Sega picks are just bad. But well, Capcom now is shit anyway, they can only live on the hype of the old.
All the fighters characters makes the game feel rather silly. Good part of it is generic fighter guy no.1, generic fighter guy no.2, generic fighter guy no.3, generic fighter guy no.4, now introducing generic fighter guy no.5 and generic fighter guy no.6.

It's a shame, that just like the first game, characters are picked out of hype or that they need to show off stuff from the newer games. Like how PxZ had characters from Valkyria Chronicles 3, but the enemy was from the first game. If they wanted consistency, they would pick people from the first game, but the 3rd game needed to be shoved on the people's faces, because they bombed it.
It's like Square putting Lightning in every game they can, and right in front of your face so they make sure you see it. They really needed that push to sell more.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 9:52 pm

Eh, they're as much filler as Assist Trophies in Smash Bros. Which I personally don't. If you do, suit yourself.

And yeah, Tales IS still pretty small in Europe. But hey, at least NOW we see the games in store shelves! Rarely, but they're there. I get most of my stuff on Amazon, anyway. A lil' cheaper than buying here in Portugal in most cases, even with shipping.

I still think X and Zero were chosen for hype (makes sense since they had plenty of focus during overall advertizing), but not necessarily by Capcom's decision. They were most likely pressured by Namco, since like I said before, X is WAY more popular in the west than Volnutt.

And yes, like it or not, hype is a big factor when choosing characters. A game like this depends heavily on the "Hey, I know that dude!" factor. In the same way, some lesser known characters may get thrown in to boost hype for their own franchise, but the biggest priority is to bring popular characters to make the crossover itself well-known to begin with.

Take Smash, for example. That thing is currently known for popularizing otherwise obscure characters (it's what started the Fire Emblem hype in the west), but at least for the very first entry, the game itself had to be popularized by it's roster.

Though, one question: who would YOU put in there? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:30 pm

Smash didn't really popularize Fire Emblem, the GBA did. The GBA was what brought back a bunch of obscure games that were stuck in their less popular home console versions, or simply made them grow bigger. Even then some games went back to obscurity because the devs/publishers failed to keep the chatter and let it die again.
Hell, even Medarot came back from the dead, only to die again (and gosh those AX games were bad, but that was a west only game anyway), and they never translated Medarot Navi, which is a shame. (Even though Medarot was mostly because of the anime, even then, it was the GBA that had the games.)
I don't really find Fire Emblem a popular game, and never saw any hype for it, except from their old fans when a new game is released (and then the game still feels like it's on the bottom of the ocean).

X didn't really had to try to be popular, it was simply riding the tide when no other Megaman was given as much spotlight (and in a broader way) and as many games. Well, Battle Network had it's niche and was rather popular, probably more than X was in shorter periods of time, but then Crapcom had to shelve it (which was good, they didn't ruin the main part of it with further titles) but the successor wasn't really that great so it ended up having it's short life and glory and then died.
Zero was rather short, but it had a good life, it had it's popularity, it wasn't damaged any further, but then again, the successor wasn't that great. It had a nice concept, kinda kiddy, but nice, but the execution and Crapcom killing Megaman altogether didn't help. The game also tried too hard to use the hype to make a name for itself, and it didn't go well.

I don't really think Tales grew that much after Symphony, which was more popular because again, broader and riding the tide of video games expanding their territory faster. Tales rose and almost died in that game, every other game either wasn't even released, or was just hugging the old fans and the PS3 too hard. And honestly, I rarely hear someone that played the old Tales games, talking about the new games except on release. It feels like it's a franchise that breaks the community into halves by itself.
I actually stopped caring about Tales when they didn't bother with the DS games (and I don't count their releases on other consoles/platforms), and when newer games didn't feel nearly as good as Phantasia.

It feels like they are trying too hard to push this game to the west, and they don't really need to. Most of the time, doing so is worse. They are only safe because they are picked a game that is already made, not actually doing something new based on it.
There's been quite a few failures because of devs trying to please the masses or the western audience.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Again... who would YOU put in?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Not Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:41 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Not Resident Evil.

Any specific reason?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:47 pm

It simply lives as the zombies it depicts. It's not even good anymore, it simply needs to keep existing.
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:00 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
It simply lives as the zombies it depicts. It's not even good anymore, it simply needs to keep existing.

I personally was never a fan of the series, but I understand it's place in the company's history (and gaming history in general), along with the fact that despite the franchise's current condition (though Revelations was well received, at least), it is still one of Capcom's flagship series. I see no reason for Resident Evil not to be represented in some way.

And hey, it's certainly better represented than how it was represented in NxC... Dead Aim? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:07 pm

In the end it's just some guy and girl with a gun. It's not that resident evil outside of it's own games can do any better than that.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:10 pm

Welp. Only for 3ds :/
Back to top Go down
Fontes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fontes

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:11 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
In the end it's just some guy and girl with a gun. It's not that resident evil outside of it's own games can do any better than that.

Very well. So we got Chris and Jill from Resident Evil Revelations. Seemingly you do not like them, which is perfectly fine.

Who would you put in their place? Since these are from Capcom, it's only fair to see someone from the same company in their place. Gotta keep it balanced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Project X Zone 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone 2   Project X Zone 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project X Zone 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next