Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Senior Grey
[Donator]
[Donator]
Senior Grey

Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building Empty
PostSubject: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 6:40 pm

Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building FEWIb

Da fuck is a trove?
trōv/
noun
noun: trove; plural noun: troves

a store of valuable or delightful things.
   "the museum's trove of antique treasure"

Trove is an F2P open world MMORPG with mining and building. Third person with real time combat where being able to dodge attacks with a single key or climbing really high means either dead or really dead. Take up arms to venture into the deepest of dungeons to find stronger weapons to venture into even more dungeons. Stylize your character with hats and masks and trade with others if you have spares. Build a home base that you carry with you or become master of your own clubworld where you can build mega-cities or a base for your team. Insert more sugarcoated features here and there and end with some metaphor.

Hao 2 Play
The game has a tutorial. If you're having trouble with the tutorial, go play Call of Duty or something.

Can I be a grill?
Yes.

Do I get a mount?
Yeah you do, press Z. It's slower than crafted/shop ones.

How to get to Hub-World
Go to your workbench and look for the HubWorld Portal thingy. It needs sharpstone and some other materials you can find around the world. OR, hold H.

I got this class coin, what do I do with it
We'll get to that later.

Can I build and mine anywhere
Yes. You can build the phallus of your dream and have it destroyed moments later. Worlds are divided by level and get reset quite frequently.
You cannot build or mine in protected areas.

Why do worlds reset
To refresh dungeons.

What's the point of building in the world then
To make strategical barracks and such.

HOWEVER
Anything you build in your "Cornerstone" is saved and will follow you. This is your home base, and other players can use your stuff too.

Can I get cash stuff for free?
Some cash items are tradable. By completing daily objective, you get cubits which allows you to some things from the cash shop. I recommend getting a better mount asap, since crafting one will take a while.

Can I play alone?
Go play minecraft.
Playing alone offers no additional benefits. Just being in proximity with someone will net you exp, drops, and resources. A chest drops an item for everyone within range, so it's more chances at better loots floating around. Play with a friend and you'll be swimming in rare equipments to destroy or sell.

Insert another question here
Insert answer here.

Classes

When you start, you will be given one free class coin. This will allow you to unlock any of the current available classes for free. By playing the game and earning cubits, you can unlock other classes without having to pay a cent.

Everyone starts out as a knight. It doesn't necessary mean that it's the shittiest of classes, it's basically well rounded.

Which class do I play?

Knight
A balanced class in both defense and offense. Features a decent aoe attack and a rush attack and is able to heal itself to full health while buffing defenses. After taking a hit, they gain additional attack power!

Neon Ninja
Do you like jumping and holding the sword like an edgelord? This class excels at providing support damage by dropping aggro and attacking from a range. Their skills allow them to lock enemies. They also get shurikens.

Candy Barbarian
Oh boy, Kirito! This class is not what you expect. This class has a variety of skills that benefits the entire team, such as team buffs or heals. Think of it as a tank/support. It's able to offer a decent amount of damage and take some too.

Dracolyte
You can turn into a mofo dragon! This class deals constant damage and can set up bombs. Excels and applying pressure and keeping the damage flow going. They get a buff in lava too allowing them to run faster. Normal attacks are short ranged, but is rapid fire.

Fae Trickster
Do you like dolls and decoys? This class offers amazing damage and survivability. Decoys allow it to quickly get out of trouble and return fire from a safe distance repeatedly. The only downside is that it has to never get hit to keep up the DPS. Long range attacks with slow projectiles, but they pack a punch if you haven't been hit for a while.

Ice Sage
Strong crowd control abilities. This class fires ice missiles that are capable of slowing down enemies. Strong AOE skills and a self buff which increases overall stats by a lot. The ultimate skill is able to freeze multiple enemies in place and deal a hefty amount of damage.

Gunslinger
Do you like jumping and shooting? Do you want to be a jump'n'shoot man or something? Gunslingers utilize dual pistols to riddle the enemies with magic bullet holes. They shoot faster than Trickster and Sage, but with a subpar aoe skill. They can deal with single targets quite quickly and easily.

Last edited by Senior Grey on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 12:16 am

mmo version of minecraft with RPG element that doesn't look like it uses java

i expect there's gonna be plenty of killing and looting and ganging up on ppl's houses or castle or something
Back to top Go down
Senior Grey
[Donator]
[Donator]
Senior Grey

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:23 am

Stickboy wrote:
i expect there's gonna be plenty of killing and looting and ganging up on ppl's houses or castle or something

Oh right, I forgot to mention, there's no plan for PvP at the moment, so it's all PvE.

If you have bombs, you can potentially grief other players by blowing up the floor beneath them. Or, turn your home (cornerstone) into a death house with spikes and bumpers to force players to leave the current world or just die. Or, take those bumpers and place them under players when they're trying to fight a boss.

They lose nothing upon death except for Magic Find, a stat for determining forge level of drops.

You can't destroy anyone's house unless they're building outside of their cornerstone.

Last edited by Senior Grey on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GasaiYunoº
Abbey Explodes
Abbey Explodes

Male Posts : 644

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 5:22 am

tried playing the game, it's interesting but at moments i get lag Neutral
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:42 am

This looks interesting. I will play next weekend!
How's the community though?
Back to top Go down
Senior Grey
[Donator]
[Donator]
Senior Grey

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

ziix wrote:
This looks interesting. I will play next weekend!
How's the community though?

The community pretty much minds their own business. There's sometimes a couple of people talking in Global about random things. Talking in world chat is recommended if you want to get things done. Global chat can become toxic if a shitty player decides to spam it, otherwise it's a good place to ask general questions.

People generally play follow the leader if they don't have any plans going

/1 is Global and appears white.
/2 is World (players on the same map) and appears blue.
additional numbers are for chat channels that you've joined.

/s is local (players around you) and appears pale blue.
/w and /r is whisper/respond

/join sa will put in the Shadow Arena chatroom. This chatroom is used for getting a party together to run Shadow Arenas, but some idiots like to spam trades there too.

Joining a club (guild) is recommended if you want to have a strong group together. It's a good idea to go into the official forums and look for one that's recruiting. Ignore random invites since those are usually dead. You can join multiple clubs, each with their own chat channel, and each club has their own world too you can edit if you are given rights.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 6:13 pm

i installed, how 2 start

i mean, what to do after the tutorial
Back to top Go down
Senior Grey
[Donator]
[Donator]
Senior Grey

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Stickboy wrote:
i installed, how 2 start

i mean, what to do after the tutorial

After the tutorial, you'll be tasked to get to hubworld. Craft a portal on your bench. You'll need to look around for purple blocks on the floor.

Once you're in hubworld, you're free to do as you please.

Also
Update

Shadow hunter releases tomorrow, if you haven't spent your class coin yet, you might want to hold onto it a bit more before deciding.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:27 pm

i spent it on neon guy
Back to top Go down
GasaiYunoº
Abbey Explodes
Abbey Explodes

Male Posts : 644

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:34 pm

also too late for me, already spent it on dracolyte
Back to top Go down
Senior Grey
[Donator]
[Donator]
Senior Grey

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Stickboy wrote:
i spent it on neon guy
GasaiYunoº wrote:
also too late for me, already spent it on dracolyte
rippuken.

All classes have their own strength and weakness anyways. At the end of the day, everyone wins.

Last edited by Senior Grey on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:08 am

Played ~10 minutes out of curiosity.
Can't wait for the archer!
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:22 am

lets maek our own club

Club Penguin
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:32 am

Pirate class and boats out next week
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building   Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building Empty

Back to top Go down

Trove: Voxel Open World RPG and Building
Page 1 of 1