Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Controversy Corner

Go down 
+5
WiFi
beccadmgirl
AnTi90d
AhegaoMaster
EXNova
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Controversy Corner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversy Corner   Controversy Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:31 pm

IronDicks wrote:
You should be old enough to realise that the way you're acting is counter productive, and frankly if your doing it for a joke its not funny in the slightest.

I'm sure looking at the Stanford prison experiment could add some insight to whats being talked about, I can't really think of much to add to the subject.

I am really that unfunny...
Back to top Go down
EXNova
Potato Thinking
Potato Thinking

Male Posts : 712

PostSubject: Re: Controversy Corner   Controversy Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 10:01 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
IronDicks wrote:
You should be old enough to realise that the way you're acting is counter productive, and frankly if your doing it for a joke its not funny in the slightest.

I'm sure looking at the Stanford prison experiment could add some insight to whats being talked about, I can't really think of much to add to the subject.

I am really that unfunny...

Yes, you are, new topic item up.

I believe that trying something that will most likely end in failure is only valid under two circumstances: 1, you do it as an act of altruism with the possibility that your failure can actually help other people, or, 2, you take a calculated risk, believing that the reward of success outweighs the possibility of failure.

The rest of the time, you're pretty much an idiot.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Controversy Corner   Controversy Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 pm

“It is better to try and to fail than to fail to try and forever experience the inestimable loss of what might have been.”

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas Edison

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
― Paulo Coelho

“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
― Truman Capote

Need I copy paste more quotes? This topic is hardly controversial.
Back to top Go down
EXNova
Potato Thinking
Potato Thinking

Male Posts : 712

PostSubject: Re: Controversy Corner   Controversy Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:48 pm

What, you want me to go all FLAME ON and start one about abortion?

In any case, blindly attempting to do something that you know is likely to fail not only runs the risk of endangering both you and your efforts, but inconveniences or even endangers those around you. Better to not invest time in something you know is a waste of it. I could attempt to climb Mount Everest, without proper training, equipment, or knowledge. Hell, I could go one step further on the brave-o-meter and try it in my pajamas. However, that doesn't make me brave; it makes me stupid and reckless.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Controversy Corner   Controversy Corner - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 12:05 am

Then you are delving into the known rather than unknown, being ignorant/stupid is, again, a different subject.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Controversy Corner   Controversy Corner - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 12:13 am

reVelske wrote:
Then you are delving into the known rather than unknown, being ignorant/stupid is, again, a different subject.

That. Being screwed by luck after all precautions are made and risks considered, is not the same as being screwed by stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controversy Corner   Controversy Corner - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Controversy Corner
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2